hereatlast

Vitolo: if your wife is interested in vaping tobacco I think a little more research is warranted. The amount of nicotine released when vaping pure tobacco out of something like the MFLB can be very unexpected and even dangerous, even for a long-time cig smoker. A dedicated E-Cig (electronic cigarette) might be more suited for this application IMO. :2c:

hereatlast,

Vitolo

Vaporist
hereatlast said:
Vitolo: if your wife is interested in vaping tobacco I think a little more research is warranted. The amount of nicotine released when vaping pure tobacco out of something like the MFLB can be very unexpected and even dangerous, even for a long-time cig smoker. A dedicated E-Cig (electronic cigarette) might be more suited for this application IMO. :2c:
I do truly appreciate this input. She does like the idea of having and using a similar device, and will go at testing and using it carefully. I personally use tobacco (but rarely), and although I won't contaminate any vaporizers that I use for "harvesting", I do on occasion vape tobacco from my LB.
Even though the e-cigarettes may be better suited, she is not interested in the e-cigarette, due to the refill type, and simply wishes to on occassion "get a taste", using the tobacco we have around the house.
Again... Thanks hereatlast!

Learner said:
The PA is out of beta, it sounds like. No more changes to be made?
Lindsay at Blissville said there would be no further changes to the PA

Vitolo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
You could sand off the writing if you feel you need to but I would NOT sand off the serial number as you need that for warranty support. The etched printing isn't terribly deep.

Lo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I'm sure this has been covered in this 400 page tome, but what happens if the cops find my MFLB filled with "stuff" and decide to call MF and ask whose serial # this is? I mean, MFLB has a database of all of us.

willieR,
Lo said:
You could sand off the writing if you feel you need to but I would NOT sand off the serial number as you need that for warranty support. The etched printing isn't terribly deep.

Thanks for the response. I figured I would need the serial number

willieR said:
I'm sure this has been covered in this 400 page tome, but what happens if the cops find my MFLB filled with "stuff" and decide to call MF and ask whose serial # this is? I mean, MFLB has a database of all of us.

Not sure where you got this idea...they certainly don't have me in there database.

TractorBear,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
willieR said:

Do you think all the vendors link names to the serial numbers of the LBs they sell and report them to Magic-Flight? I don't. How about LBs that have passed from one to another as gifts, or resales, or whatever? I think the only names Magic-Flight has linked to serial numbers would be those of people who needed warranty service, and we don't even know whether they retain those beyond the time it takes to service the warranty.

Besides, why would the cops even bother? I can't see even the most anal cop calling some company in California to find out the registered owner of a LB to support a charge of possession of .1 or at most .2 g of weed.

pakalolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I would imagine if a court subpoenaed Blissville (which I understand IS Magic Flight) they'd be able to produce my name. That would not happen for small possession, obviously, but records are likely kept.

This does not keep me up at night, but I was simply offering this observation. I have thought of removing the serial # and forfeiting the warranty. Never have, but thought about it. THese things are cheap enough that the replacement isn't a concern.

willieR,

Learner

willieR said:
THese things are cheap enough that the replacement isn't a concern.

For you maybe. The MFLB stays in my apartment because I wouldn't be able to easily replace it.

Learner,

Learner

I have been looking to "borrow" some sandpaper when I am at my folks house. The bottom edge of the battery hole is a like a butter knife on the one I have.

Learner,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
willieR said:

Hi,

Actually, we don't have a database like that. We do not keep linking information that ties any individual person to any particular Box (We support users privacy!). We can use the serial number to determine when the Box was built, what shipping batch it was a part of, and most particularly, that we are the actual manufacturer (ie, that it is a valid Box) so that we can support the warranty. Obviously, people who want to modify their Box should leave at least the serial number intact.

-- Magic-Flight

EDIT: PS; BlissSville.com is actually a completely separate business entity from Magic-Flight, with its own incorporation status and distinct non-overlapping ownership. Magic-Flight is the core manufacturer and wholesaler. BlissSville is our very first distributor/retailer, as well as being something of a fulfillment service provider to us. As our history together is the longest, we tend to work very closely together and we share a lot of the same values. They are a trusted partner as well as our friends.

magicflight,

Dudeson 1882

Thats good to know Magic Flight but I seriously doubted that you kept records like that anyway.

I must have got one of the first Launch Boxes in the UK after randomly finding them looking for green tea & finding the blissville site (actually I found the launch tube & fell in love with the concept). I gave away my first 2 LB's & my third is #22227 would love to know what number you are up to now.

Anyway, I've had it for ages & used it a ridiculous number of times so the screen is looking very used. What is the best way to clean it? Also someone managed to combust in it & made a tiny hole in the screen that has over time led to the bottom filling up with gunk is there a good way to get that out?

A bit OT but I still occasionally use my old Launch Tube as it is relaxing watching the glass fill up & swirl about but managed to smash my last glass cover for it. Do you still sell replacements? Its like a vape museum piece now.

Also OT but the line "Love is always stronger than fear" is a beautiful piece of text.

Dudeson 1882,

CutePanda

To clean the trench, these are the steps I take
1. Dip q-tip in ISO
2. Scrub trench carefully making sure to not use too much pressure
3. Repeat
4. Soak brush in ISO and scrub trench (sometimes I like to have the battery in while I scrub with the brush)
5. Repeat
6. Insert battery or PA and let the ISO evaporate for 30 seconds or so

To clean under the trench:
1. Take a q-tip and rip some of the cotton off so you have a thinner q-tip
2. Dip in ISO
3. Gently push q-tip through draw hole
4. Scrub and twist gently (the screen can bend somewhat, but don't push it too far)

CutePanda,
TractorBear said:
I'm so glad that love enabled me to sand off the quote on the back ;)

:lol:

Still love my mflb, over a year old on my original model and still running strong. I just wish the Nimh batteries themselves lasted so long with so few problems.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

Batteries are inexpensive, even the best, the 2700s that everyone loves so much.

I dont see why someone would sand the engravings off the bottom though... to each his own....

Nycdeisel,

slain

Vapor Vision
I like the engraving and have gotten many compliments from people whom I've vaped a trench with.

slain,

zoonabot

I have converted many folks to vaping with the MFLB, it is one of the best products ever made IMHO. I thought I would chime in on cleaning the trench. I gently wipe the trench with a pipe wipe and the provided brush, this works better than using iso.

zoonabot,
Nycdeisel said:
I dont see why someone would sand the engravings off the bottom though... to each his own....

I left the magic-flight.com part to show people but took the rest off to make it a little more unique.

TractorBear,

greystr0ke

Well I guess it's time for me to buy some new Powerexs. Mine are currently not holding a charge any longer. They only work fresh off the charger. If I take them off and let them sit idle for even 10 minutes then they're next to useless.

greystr0ke,
Top Bottom