pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
Taroth
Are you getting a amber light in your mflb but there is no heat? Is the plug that goes into you electrical socket warm? Do you get vapor when you use batteries?

pinoy,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Taroth said:
magicflight said:
... tightening the ring on the switch end of the battery plug does fix many PA issues. We recommend that one quick fix if you hare having problems with either not enough heat or not turning on is to use a small paperclip bent to fit the two small holes on that end, and tightening the ring (please don't make the ring too tight)...

Could you be more specific or post a picture? I'm not sure what you mean by the "ring" on the "switch end". Is that the battery-like thing, the adapter, or the cylinder converter? I'm guessing switch means its on the converter but I don't see any holes.

Hi,

In the passage above, I was referring to one end of the 'battery-like thing' -- the part that you plug into the Box itself instead of inserting a battery. Once you have plugged the PA into a Box, the switch end sticks out and has a little black button in the center (ie, the button that when pressed usually turns the PA on). That switch button is surrounded by a silver ring nut with two tiny holes on either side of the button. Sometimes that ring loosens and the PA stops working -- a problem we are retooling to fix in the planned production build. This is exactly this sort of thing we do a beta build to find out -- to identify any remaining issues in testing before a general product release.

If you think that you want to tighten the ring, find a smaller paperclip and open/bend it until the two ends of the paperclip wire are aligned and parallel to one another at about the same distance apart as the two holes mentioned above. With the PA in the Box (makes it easier to hold), you can insert the two paperclip ends into the holes. Holding or pinching the paperclip as close to the PA as possible, try turning it to the right (clockwise). If the ring is loose, it will tighten easily. Note, if you make it too tight, you will be compressing the switch itself and it will not turn off correctly.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Taroth

pinoy said:
Taroth
Are you getting a amber light in your mflb but there is no heat? Is the plug that goes into you electrical socket warm? Do you get vapor when you use batteries?

No light on the MFLB. Plugged it in right now, will post again in a few minutes. Yes the MFLB works normally with batteries.

Update: as of 5 minutes later nothing on the PA is warm.
Update 2: No warmth after 30 minutes. The adapter light is on though.

Taroth,

Taroth

magicflight said:
Taroth said:
magicflight said:
... tightening the ring on the switch end of the battery plug does fix many PA issues. We recommend that one quick fix if you hare having problems with either not enough heat or not turning on is to use a small paperclip bent to fit the two small holes on that end, and tightening the ring (please don't make the ring too tight)...

Could you be more specific or post a picture? I'm not sure what you mean by the "ring" on the "switch end". Is that the battery-like thing, the adapter, or the cylinder converter? I'm guessing switch means its on the converter but I don't see any holes.

Hi,

In the passage above, I was referring to one end of the 'battery-like thing' -- the part that you plug into the Box itself instead of inserting a battery. Once you have plugged the PA into a Box, the switch end sticks out and has a little black button in the center (ie, the button that when pressed usually turns the PA on). That switch button is surrounded by a silver ring nut with two tiny holes on either side of the button. Sometimes that ring loosens and the PA stops working -- a problem we are retooling to fix in the planned production build. This is exactly this sort of thing we do a beta build to find out -- to identify any remaining issues in testing before a general product release.

If you think that you want to tighten the ring, find a smaller paperclip and open/bend it until the two ends of the paperclip wire are aligned and parallel to one another at about the same distance apart as the two holes mentioned above. With the PA in the Box (makes it easier to hold), you can insert the two paperclip ends into the holes. Holding or pinching the paperclip as close to the PA as possible, try turning it to the right (clockwise). If the ring is loose, it will tighten easily. Note, if you make it too tight, you will be compressing the switch itself and it will not turn off correctly.

-- Magic-Flight

Yeah missed that haha. Didn't work though. Are there any other tricks that could fix it?

Taroth,

Taroth

Not sure if this means anything but I noticed that when the power adapter is plugged in, my fingers are met with a hard-to-describe feeling when slowly move them across the battery-plug. Its like there is additional resistance apart from the basic friction of the metal. Maybe vibration would better describe it. This effect disappears when i unplug it and reduces in intensity when I press down the switch. Turning the dial has no perceivable effect on intensity.

My only guess is that this is a byproduct of an electric current conducting through my skin. That would indicate the unit is at least partially functional but I'm not sure what else. Its kind of freaky.

Edit: grammar
edit 2: clarity and also confirmed this effect with a friend. Left thumb feels a little tingly/sore so I'm going to stop.

Taroth,
Has anyone else had a problem with contacting the magic flight guys? I've emailed them several times and no response.

Cobrahearted69,

riisto

Cobrahearted69 said:
Has anyone else had a problem with contacting the magic flight guys? I've emailed them several times and no response.

They're doing their best to keep up with the emails and are also in the middle of training new staff. See section 2 of post 9286.

riisto,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
FLskwat said:
pakalolo said:
FLskwat said:
...but this must only be an impression as this vape is supposed to reach a designed temp peak around 380F correct?

No, not even close. The LB will heat to combustion and beyond (450F+).

Hmmm,thx Paka, I must have understood these graphs wrong?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=78818#p78818

In fact my question was:
Do you have the same power & heat delivered by a 2700 vs a 2400 for example, in the same pressing time and with same breathing tech? Meaning the 2700 will only deliver longer then the 2400, but the same amount of heat?

OR

As I seem to feel it, is the 2700 delivering more heat in this same timing/same inhale? Meaning the 2700 delivers MORE & LONGER?

It's been a while since I read that post. I think I perhaps read a bit too much into your original comment. While it is clear from the explanation of those graphs that the design does try to deliver around 390F under normal use, if you just insert a battery and leave it in contact without drawing, the screen can and will heat up past combustion, as many here can testify. That is what I meant.

As to your question, in theory the difference is in capacity and not performance. Many people here, myself included, feel that the Powerex 2700s do in fact put out a bit more punch, but I don't know any science that backs this up. I am by no means a battery expert, however.

Willeh: It's great to see that you are willing to try to develop your technique to get the best from the LB. I think your issues with stealth are a consequence of the way you want to use the LB and not the design itself. To me, stealth means that I can take a hit without arousing anyone's suspicions, not finish off a whole trench. (Actually I do half trenches mostly.) If that's what you need then I can see your problem, but even when I'm not using stealth I only hit it once every few minutes.

The out-of-breath issue is an interesting dilemma. A lot of vaporizers are affected by draw strength but I don't know of one more sensitive then the LB. If you don't have the opportunity to get the breath control you need, the LB is not likely to work for you.

Heat on sensitive teeth is a real problem, for sure. If the stem doesn't help, about all I can suggest is that your girlfriend should be sure to use a good desensitizing toothpaste.

pakalolo,

Gunky

My thinking is: as the battery discharges, the voltage decreases. Voltage and heat levels are strongly correlated. If the battery has a higher capacity, the voltage diminishes more slowly than with a lower capacity battery and so it seems hotter.

Gunky,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@ Paka & Gunky: thx for these clear answers guys. Interesting theory Gunky but the light brights more on first batt push & power/heat is instantly > with the 2700... so I don't know!

FLskwat,

panasonic

Any word on how to use this Tenergy charger? it seems to charge much faster than I thought it would, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just wanted to know ift hat's alright for the batts

panasonic,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Should I not expect 2700 mah charge on the P2700s?

willieR said:
I've been on Break-In for a couple days with 4 P2700 batts. The C9000 now says "Available Capacity" and each battery says "Done." Each battery is listed under 2600 mah. Does that sound right? None are close to 2700.

Should I Break-In again? Or is under 2600 the most I can expect from these 4 P2700s?

willieR,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
willieR said:
Should I not expect 2700 mah charge on the P2700s?

willieR said:
I've been on Break-In for a couple days with 4 P2700 batts. The C9000 now says "Available Capacity" and each battery says "Done." Each battery is listed under 2600 mah. Does that sound right? None are close to 2700.

Should I Break-In again? Or is under 2600 the most I can expect from these 4 P2700s?

Mine did the same thing, I recently got some powerex 2700's and the available capacity at the end of the break in was like 2555 - 2600. I am pretty sure this is normal, I'm not sure why though???

Elluzion,

slvelocity

I also got an email from Kimberly. How ironic... I left my battery at work so I can't use my mflb at home right now.... I was THIS close to calling in and cancel and going out to buy some energizers. Thank you MF and Kimberly! Hope my unit doesn't have any problems...

slvelocity,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Most batteries have overstated MAH ratings. You should not expect 2700 mah out of a battery labeled 2700 but 2500-2600 is what my Powerex's were after break in mode.

The NIMH rechargeable Energizer batteries I picked up locally were rated 2400 or 2450 can't remember but they all checked in about 2200'ish. They work very well also.

Lo,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
The_Algebraist said:
Is anyone else finding it diificult to remove the adhesive from the Powerex 2700s? Don't have any Goo Gone handy..

I did mine the other day. Had some tough alcohol wipes, but also just used ISO with a Tshirt will work. Took me maybe 90 mins to do all 4.

420Birth,

Gunky

Naptha, which is easily available as various brands of lighter fluid (ronson, etc) is pretty good for removing adhesives.

Gunky,

kabob

derporist
panasonic said:
Any word on how to use this Tenergy charger? it seems to charge much faster than I thought it would, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just wanted to know ift hat's alright for the batts
If you are talking about the stock batteries, the Tenergy charger that came with the MFLB is ok.

"Note that for a limited period at the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011, a stock shortage of the Magic-Flight branded charger resulted in some units being sold with a Tenergy charger. This charger has been tested and is suitable for use with the Box."
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

kabob,

yari

GDforLife said:
yari said:
FLskwat said:
I think with Pyromon's tech you have more visual exhales...meening your lungs are "processing" less thc (the exhale visuals would be somehow "wasted") so I'd recommend taking smaller hits (shorter time inhale) with this technique and keeping them longer in your lungs before exhale... to exhale a similar airy cloud as in the normal method!
Oh and with Pyromon's method, the vape is first "stocked" in your mouth...You still have to do a last inhale without the box to clear the vape from your mouth to your lungs!

so do you mean that when I inhale through nose it's all in my mouth?

okay I am taking smaller hits using Pyromon's technique and seeing less exhaled vapor.

it is more effective.

The problem for you may be since its a bigger hit then your used to and you did say it makes you cough so maybe you just arent holding the vapor in long enough. I know I just switched to pyromon's tech a few days ago and its been getting me buzzed, harder then with regular hits for sure. Also my buddy tried the tech and right after the first hit was like "wow i feel like that was the best rip/buzz I've gotten off a rip." pyro's tech works if you do it right, like I said I've been getting tunnel vision from these hits.

haha I'm not the only one with the tunnel vision.

what worries me is that this high was too good. like it was almost orgasmic and I was blacking out.

yari,

yari

GDforLife said:
Just thought Id post that I think I've just perfected my hitting technique. I think it works somewhat like micro-hitting the mflb but is really just a combination of the regular tech and pyromon's. In all I use pyromon's tech about 2 or 3 times in one hit with intervals of the regular tech to clear the vapor from my mouth into my lungs. This seems to get the benefit of pyro's tech however hits me smoother and gets me just as high. Its basically micro-hitting except instead of not pulling on the mflb at all you would use pyro's tech to fill your mouth with thick vape. Let me know what you think this is seemingly going to be my primary way of using the mflb and of course this works for me and may not for you!

hahah great minds think alike. I was doing this exact same thing because pyromon's method was getting MFLB really hot.

combination of normal mouth draw and pyromon technique and it's guaranteed to hit your lungs at maximum. I wish they would write these techqnues down on their manual!

yari,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Haha, Yari, happy to hear you manage to find your own most efficient technique!
As you can see the time to process the vapor in your lungs is VERY IMPORTANT! ;)

FLskwat,

chronvape

Hey guys im new to the board and I just received my mflb yesterday! The thing is amazing and ive got the technique down :) One question tho, my kit came with a charger that just has the mflb logo on it and no other info about it. When i go to charge a battery it has a light above each battery slot and starts off red then changes to blue rather quickly. Does the blue light mean its fully charged?

chronvape,
Top Bottom