Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
vaped some indica last night in my MFLB, passed out on my bed with my clothes on, woke up this morning at 6am thinking "WTF" lol :p :ko:

Elluzion,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Elluzion said:
vaped some indica last night in my MFLB, passed out on my bed with my clothes on, woke up this morning at 6am thinking "WTF" lol :p :ko:

haha, awesome... love when that happens. I had about the same experience with very pale keif that we pressed into hash... I also love how passing out from pot is not as intense and shit-feeling as say, passing out from alcohol. And it's usually not as embarrassing either haha.

wake n blake,

GDforLife

weedemon said:
as for the unit itself: I love it! the taste is actually better than my volcano. I was really surprised by this. I am getting mighty ripped off it too i must say. It is also more quiet/discreet i can slip away for 30s and none are the wiser

Yea man I have to say after using a volcano for a while it doesn't touch the MFLB, glad to see someone else agrees :lol:

GDforLife,

weedemon

enthusiast
FLskwat said:
Thx for your concern Lo, but a hot cup of milk would be 70c big max ??? I think the fat would do the rest of the job...
I even thaught of using the stem as a straw for my magic hot cocoa, LOL

EDIT: http://www.ridoutplastics.com/physpropofac.html . So temp must stay below 80 C./180F . Am I right?

that makes sense to me. too. i decided for myself i am not going to use the straw, but if i am sharing then i will attach it.

personally i would have preferred a glass lid and draw stem. I realize that changes safety a little bit, but i believe that glass is more inert/naturally sourced than plastic. and i am generally a pretty careful person so i'm confident i wouldn't break it.

GDforLife said:
Yea man I have to say after using a volcano for a while it doesn't touch the MFLB, glad to see someone else agrees :lol:

yes, it is an impressive little unit! gonna buy one or 2 for my friends i think later this year i think.

im learning a lot about it on that mfbl wiki page somebody posted earlier.some really intelligent design went into this product.

weedemon,

acksalot

I just got my MFLB. I must say, it is fking amazing. I had a VaporGenie Aluminum Bat, but it doesnt even compare. I took 3 hits off the MFLB and I was lifted.

My only question: is it bad to use a weakened battery? (battery that has alrady been used) I've been using the same battery for 2-3 sessions before recharging.

acksalot,

weedemon

enthusiast
a fresh battery does the job quicker and after 30% of the battery is spent it will begin to effect the taste. it will still continue to work though and as long as you see the light going you are good to go. all in all they say expect 4-6 min of heating time on a full battery.

also on the wiki it says you can charge em and use em again without totally draining them first.

i got all this info from the wiki page (posted 1 or 2 pages back in this thread). it was an interesting read.

weedemon,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
wake n blake said:
Elluzion said:

haha, awesome... love when that happens. I had about the same experience with very pale keif that we pressed into hash... I also love how passing out from pot is not as intense and shit-feeling as say, passing out from alcohol. And it's usually not as embarrassing either haha.

yeah it was funny. it only happens when I vape indica ha!

it's either sativa = I talk crazy and trip out
or indica = I just pass out randomly

It was a bad idea to vape indica on christmas morning. Missed some stuff lol.... :lol:

Elluzion,

panasonic

kabob said:
panasonic said:
Any word on how to use this Tenergy charger? it seems to charge much faster than I thought it would, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just wanted to know ift hat's alright for the batts
If you are talking about the stock batteries, the Tenergy charger that came with the MFLB is ok.

"Note that for a limited period at the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011, a stock shortage of the Magic-Flight branded charger resulted in some units being sold with a Tenergy charger. This charger has been tested and is suitable for use with the Box."
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

Right but the instructions say 'charge for a few hours' whereas the batteries never really take more than 30 min to charge in this thing

panasonic,
I know I have just joined the forum but I've been fortunate enough to try three different vaporizers and would just like to share my personal experience with others who might be trying decide on either a new device or a first time vaporizer. I have been using the following for about a month and a half now.

1. Magic Flight Box
2. Iolite (updated version)
3. Silver Surfer

Now, understand that I am a heavy vaporer , so your experiences may vary.

I like them all. They all perform well.

The Silver Surfer is the best for vapor production and output. It will give you tons of visible vapor. It can also serve more users at one time. But that's to be expected because of the excellent heat source and temperature control and 110Volt AC supply.

The Magic Flight box works great too. Less vapor per hit and takes more hits for same effect. But the flavor is better from my experience. Plus the portability of the unit. The batteries for me lasted about two herb fills. You might want to buy a 15 minute quick charger and higher output batteries (you'll have to strip the outer coating off and clean the glue off of the batts), if you plan on vaping a lot while on the go.

The Iolite works great as well. Great flavor. Produces more vapor per hit than the flight box, holds more herb and is even more discrete than the Magic Flight in my opinion. You just have to use vector, colibri or other super refined butane for it to work its best. If vaped on mine for at least 45 minutes before and could still get goods hits. I generally do 20 to 40 second pulls. Just give it a chance to cycle without taking a pull every so often. It will hiss for about 3 to 5 seconds when it cycles heating. For me it seems the butane lasts about an hour per fill, maybe a little more.

In my personal experience, the Iolite works best for me when on the go and the SS works great when I'm home. The magic flight works well, but the iolite has more output. I use the SS when I'm home and the Iolite when on the go. Hope this helps. If you are a light to medium vaporer, it should work very well for you.

MikeSiverSurfing,

steven22

I ordered a bong (bubbler) finally after vaping for 2 years without water filtration.. I already know how to hook it up to my Extreme, via 18.8m GonG joint... what all will be required for hooking it up to the MFLB?... im assuming some sort of whip to a Gong joint is what I would need

the bubbler is a double bubbler 2.0 by Weedstar

steven22,

Calibudz

BuddahMonk said:
Calibudz said:
I hope i'm not the only germaphobe here...

I'm sharing my MFLB with a few friends and i would like to know the best way you guys would recommend to sanitize the box for cleanly hits without worrying about damaging it

Thanks

Iso prep pads? 100 for about $2.00. I use these for quick disinfecting and cleaning of some vape parts. Drys pretty fast. Any opinion on this.

Thanks! Can the iso damage the wood on the outside? (if wiping the inhale hole)

Calibudz,

BuddahMonk

Calibudz said:
BuddahMonk said:
Calibudz said:

I'm sharing my MFLB with a few friends and i would like to know the best way you guys would recommend to sanitize the box for cleanly hits without worrying about damaging it

Thanks

Iso prep pads? 100 for about $2.00. I use these for quick disinfecting and cleaning of some vape parts. Drys pretty fast. Any opinion on this.

Thanks! Can the iso damage the wood on the outside? (if wiping the inhale hole)

Not really sure if the Iso will effect the wood in the long run. I think it should be ok if it is a quick wipe to disinfect and the iso is not absorbing into the wood. I have only wiped the wood a couple of times and have not noticed any difference or discoloring. I mainly use the pads for cleaning the LB lid and Gong joints to keep them clean from sticking.

BuddahMonk,

upriver

combustion-free
Not sure if it belongs here or in the General Vape forum which has a grinder thread, but this is a MFLB specific concern...

I bought one of the coffee grinders today to see if it was really any better than what my Mendo Mulcher can do. My first reaction is that it grinds much more COARSELY despite a long grinding session. The other problem is that it seems to deposit a huge percentage of the trichs on the cap. I guess I can scrape the trichs off, but I would prefer them to stay on the bud (which they do in the MM). Also, isn't the reason the coffee grinder is preferred because it pulverizes the herb more finely than a hand grinder, which is preferred for the MFLB? Am I doing something wrong in operating it?

Oh well... at worst I finally have a 2nd spice grinder to use with non-indian spices in my kitchen...

upriver,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
upriver said:
Not sure if it belongs here or in the General Vape forum which has a grinder thread, but this is a MFLB specific concern...

I bought one of the coffee grinders today to see if it was really any better than what my Mendo Mulcher can do.

I've been looking at the Mendo Mulcher myself. How do you feel it does as far as fine-grinding for the LB? I have a cheapo wooden grinder that has metal "pegs" and it does a fair job, but I'm leaning toward the MM if it provides a more fine grind.

What are your thoughts?

sydnee,

ExQ2HiSi

sydnee said:
upriver said:

I bought one of the coffee grinders today to see if it was really any better than what my Mendo Mulcher can do.

I've been looking at the Mendo Mulcher myself. How do you feel it does as far as fine-grinding for the LB? I have a cheapo wooden grinder that has metal "pegs" and it does a fair job, but I'm leaning toward the MM if it provides a more fine grind.

What are your thoughts?

@sydnee - loving my MFLB and Extreme-Q for a few weeks now and been using my small metal Space Case 2-stage. it grinds very well and probably couldn't get any better w/o going to coffee grinder. but, been looking in to a new grinder lately w/o the screen, since I started using a kief/shaker box :)

Can't decide on the smallest 1.5" Mendo Mulcher or newer Titanium 1-stage Space Case. no metal shaving with the later, tho I've rarely had that problem on my Space Cases.

ExQ2HiSi,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
ExQ2HiSi said:
sydnee said:
upriver said:

What are your thoughts?

@sydnee - loving my MFLB and Extreme-Q for a few weeks now and been using my small metal Space Case 2-stage. it grinds very well and probably couldn't get any better w/o going to coffee grinder. but, been looking in to a new grinder lately w/o the screen, since I started using a kief/shaker box :)

Can't decide on the smallest 1.5" Mendo Mulcher or newer Titanium 1-stage Space Case. no metal shaving with the later, tho I've rarely had that problem on my Space Cases.

I love my 2 piece (single stage) space case...its the small sized standard one on gotvape.com , not the black one, but the silver one...grinds it perfect for the LB IMO, but there are probably grinders that do it better, haven't had many myself.

Purpl3_Haz3,

MG23

Relaxin'
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
ExQ2HiSi said:
sydnee said:

What are your thoughts?

I love my 2 piece (single stage) space case...its the small sized standard one on gotvape.com , not the black one, but the silver one...grinds it perfect for the LB IMO, but there are probably grinders that do it better, haven't had many myself.

Won't find much better than this, actually. Personally I use a SC two piece titanium medium I got off GratefulBuys through eBay. The medium has a significantly higher amount of teeth than the small, which I think improves the grind consistency. About fineness of grind, my SC will take it all the way down to powder if I turn it enough times. Such smooth, easy grinding compared to other grinders too, no sore wrist. Regular (non-titanium) SC mediums can be found as low as $25 on eBay and will last a lifetime, if not they have a lifetime warranty.

MG23,

cypher3d

My batteries that came with LB are two slightly different sizes, but they both perform about the same. I prefer the snug battery though because it makes better contact. Are the Powerex batteries are a snug or loose fit in the LB once peeled?

Calibudz said:

Thanks

Other than gently cleaning the screen itself with ISO. Plastic drinking straws fit well into the box and are sanitary because each person can use their own straw. I also think a straw or Whip gives better draw control than native mode. If you're not a fan of plastic, You can find paper straws or glass tubing. Just make sure not to shove anything past the little wood "lip" inside the draw hole.

cypher3d,

fouruuus

wait they actually made the power adapter holy crap can someone please post a link for me so I can buy it ASAP if its still in beta I swear Ill use it at least 5 times a day to test it for the common good ;) please please HELP ME GET POWER ADAPTER

fouruuus,

upriver

combustion-free
Sorry if its derailing the thread to have the grinder conversation again... would be really nice if there were a MFLB subforum instead of just a thread.

To answer the question: I've been using the Mendo Mulcher almost exclusively since getting the LB 6-7 months ago. Nearly daily use though I do use an SSV too. I use the same grind for both of them. I use the MFLB tiny grinder on occasion and it works pretty well, but its hard to twist since its so small and lacks knurls on the bottom piece. Have to say though that I am very impressed with its quality - its totally usable for a modest user and eliminates the need to purchase a better grinder. Needless to say though, some of us "power users" want a little less labor in using the box. To that end, I just used the MM which I already had for the SSV, and no complaints really. I have the 3-piece to catch kief but knowing what I know now, I would get a 2 piece. I use it sortof like a 2-piece by holding it on its side or upside down to regrind as much as possible.

It creates a grind a little finer or very similar to the micro-grinder MF included.

The coffee grinder (ubiquitous $14 unit - might be Mr Coffee brand) does a much rougher cut, even when allowed to go for a long time. I've been trained not to run those things for more than 15 seconds to keep the motor from being prematurely damaged, but I ran it for about 45 just to see what it would do. It wasn't really any finer than it was at 15 seconds. The thing really seems to whip the trichs into orbit though... a cloud of hash dust emerges when you upcap it and a decent yellowish deposit of golden mist is all over the formerly-clear window. Maybe the grinder is coated like this too and its harder to see since its not clear, but I don't think so... For me thats 2 strikes against it.

I probably should have known to not fix what ain't broke, but I saw the grinder today on a minor sale and seemed to recall it was the preferred choice for MFLB users.

I would expect that all the common high-grade grinders are decent and its aesthetics and personal preference between them. My nitpicks of the MM are that the threads can get clogged with kief pretty easily, and sometimes an especially sticky flower section will get stuck in the center where there is no tooth. Some people say its better for joints than vapes, but it seems fine to me... certainly works!

upriver,

Gunky

fouruuus said:
wait they actually made the power adapter holy crap can someone please post a link for me so I can buy it ASAP if its still in beta I swear Ill use it at least 5 times a day to test it for the common good ;) please please HELP ME GET POWER ADAPTER
This is where it used to be, tho it doesn't seem to be working at present ===>https://magic-flight.com:4200/buydpab/ar_home

Gunky,

gulchbud

Hey Guys...the thing with the coffee grinder is : while PULSING it, turn it upside down/right side up alternately and shake it up and down to get the best results! The kief that accumulates at the point where anything sticks out on the top can be scraped off with a toothpick. :ko:

gulchbud,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I am another coffee grinder convert for the LB. I found though that material that wasn't dry enough didn't grind as finely in the coffee grinder. When material is dry enough I can get a "course pepper" type of grind that the LB ADORES!! This fine ass grind really increases the volume on the LB in my opinion.

Also bought a "blush brush" from a cosmetic section of store and I use this to get the goodies out of the grinder in between cleanings. The brush really gets the keif out nicely so I can put it back with the ground goods.

When I was using 2 or 4 pc grinders I'd have to re-crumble the herb after a few hits and re-trench it. This method works fine too as I did for many months.

Lo,
Top Bottom