Gunky

My MFLB came with a clear plastic tube which is about 2" long. I usually use that and I don't have any problems with hits being too hot. You can also use a plastic soda straw if you want a longer tube. Many of the issues Willeh mentions sound more like a failure of technique rather than defects in the design. I can get very thick hits with mine even with the stock batteries. It did take some time to learn how to do that. When you consider the price you have to take into account the terrific warrantee and replacement policy.

Gunky,

qwertypop1

been around the block
i was just hanging out at my local headshop chatting with the guy there about the MFLB and how his boss refuses to carry them due to "unreliability" and that if you let it get too hot it will combust your herb. :rolleyes:

he tells me that they have heard from the people at MFLB about 2 new models coming out, but that they wouldn't say much on them. hopefully i can try to get more info since he wants me to bring mine in and talk more about it because i was the only person he's talked to that said the MFLB is the vape for me, and i have no desire to purchase any others.

so has anyone else heard anything about updated models from MFLB?

qwertypop1,

lwien

qwertypop1 said:
......if you let it get too hot it will combust your herb. :rolleyes:

It can, but then so can the Buddha and the Silver Surfer, and that sure as hell doesn't make them "unreliable".

lwien,

Nycdeisel

:lol: that guy has no idea what he is talking about.
anyway, I havent heard of new models anytime soon, ask in the MFLB thread maybe....

Nycdeisel,
Call the guy an idiot, most vapes can achieve combustion.

All VGs, vapobowls, mflb, SSV/DBV/LSV, Any box vape, Inhalator, etc..

charliedontsurf,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
There have only been minor tweaks to the mflb: pushback ring, black ring to hold the screen, widening the airpath under the lid, and no more copper wires.

pinoy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
FLskwat said:
...but this must only be an impression as this vape is supposed to reach a designed temp peak around 380F correct?

No, not even close. The LB will heat to combustion and beyond (450F+).

Gunky said:
Many of the issues Willeh mentions sound more like a failure of technique rather than defects in the design.

I agree. Most of the negative comments directly contradict my own experiences and those of countless others in this thread. I also agree with lwien that criticism based on assumptions about manufacturing costs is invalid, especially if you conflate that with some headshop's outrageous markup.

pakalolo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
ROFL! Sorry to say I haven't met many headshop peeps that know much about LB's or many vapes for that matter. I ended up explaining how LB works at one of our local shops.

That is silly! You can burn herbs in so many vapes. I think that is a line of BS probably due to lack of vape knowledge. Sad really.

Lo,

Willeh

I'm glad you quoted that Iwien because I very cleary stated it was subjective, and not objective. I always kept it to my opinion about the function of the vape, and I'm sorry I brought up the genie costed half as much at the start. I tried to leave cost out until after the review, but I guess hitting enter a few times does not seperate it from my review. So I'll remove my money related paragraph, and leave it at this:

I think it's funny that I am more satisfied with my 150$ purple days that I had to build myself and a 50$ vaporgenie that all share around the same basic cost of parts that all retail for more than quadruple construction value.

And as far as the review: It's not a negative review but an honest one. This vape is the best battery vape out there, and it would work great somewhere like say an office or a hotel room where you have the privacy to really get into a bowl for the 5-7 minutes it takes. The short airstream is very efficient and you can cook the bowl fully, no complaints there. But I really feel that the whole ninja toking aspect was not very practical due to hit size, length, and extreme difficulty to use while short of breath. I personally find it uncomfortable to use for those reasons, and I get subjected to more coughing fits than other vapes on this one because of the airstream. Not many other people brought these up. If you don't mind the slower draw, hotter airstream, and thinner clouds compared to the competition, and the trench size is good for you then it's all gravy. Also, I'm well aware a review on page 370 of the thread will have little impact on anybodies decision, but I have not lied about any negatives to the competition either. The drawspeed is slower than any other vape, with less distance to cool than any other vape, and you can not finish a bowl all that quickly either, you need to sit down with it.

Willeh,

The_Algebraist

So, who else thinks this is an excellent vape? I've no problem with the draw temps or irritation. Solid technique makes potential combustion non existent.

If I'm out of breath, I'll typically wait a moment before attempting to hit the vape, since there is tehcnique involved when it concerns draw control. Draw speeds seem comparable to the PD.

In fact, my old VG was much harsher than this baby. I no longer need the crazy thick clouds of the SSV and prefer the mellower hits of the LB and PD.

The_Algebraist,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Willeh,

Have you tried the other inhalation techniques for the mflb? I just started doing that one where you slightly inhale through your nose, then big inhale... I blow out clouds and get headrushes... took me a minute to figure it out, though... ya know? But I haven't even had my mflb for a week... you've had yours a couple months...

did you brush the screen with alcohol? Cause I heavily use mine, and I've had to clean it once due to the clear vape resins building up...

and I smoke great buds.... heavily... all day. I'm not bragging, just saying that I can load a one-hitters worth in that trench, take 4-5 good hits and be SAILING. I actually just recently smoked myself into a nap that I've just woken up from ha. I dunno what you're smoking, but vaping reggie has been rather lackluster in my opinion... but I also know that buying a 100 dollar pipe and only being able to use it with 100 weed is kinda bogus... but the 100 weed is nice ha.

and yes, it puts out a stink, but what doesn't? if you carry your stash on you, its probably gonna put out an odor... if you smoke, sometimes you get weed breath... if you vape, sometimes you get vape stench... still, nothing as bad as smoking a joint... you could stand outside on a windy day and smoke that J and reek of it for hours afterwards... the vapes don't put out an odor like that... and it's very wispy, so it doesn't linger around as long as actual smoke.

these are just my thoughts... I hope you figure out how to get a little more out of your device and don't have to sell it, because my friend got a vapor genie the same day my launch box came in the mail, and we had a little vape party... we liked both the products, but my buddy instantly wished he would have had the extra 50 to buy the box.

anyways, don't give up yet! haha.

and try the powerex batteries! it's like dropping a bigger V8 in a sports car--noticeable.

oh, and fuck the straw... get your mouth on that box (that's what she said haha).

wake n blake,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I agree. I like the ability to draw fast or slow to pull off what I want. Also the ability to do pinch hits. Its heavy on technique but I wouldn't have it any other way.

willieR,

GDforLife

I love my MFLB and agree it sounds like your problems Willeh with the LB have more to do with your technique then the vaporizer itself. I have to say even using it native i sure haven't burnt my teeth!

GDforLife,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
wenzel Dashington said:
... I have contacted magic flight 4 times since this post, leaving at least a day for response time. I have not gotten any acknowledgment at all. ...

Hi Wenzel,

We are agreed that something is not right. I just had the magicvape email account searched, including the spam folder, and we definitely have not received even one email from you. If you are sending under some other address or with some other user-name, please either tell us what to look for or be sure to send again, being especially sure to include your FC username, exactly as spelled above, in the post. Perhaps there is some problem with the email configuration? Is there any chance you are in an international location where your IP would be blocking emails to us?

I would very much like to ensure that you are getting helped, but basic communications have to be established first.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

bwright1128

Hey Magicflight just wondering if you guys had an estimated time it takes for orders to be shipped for the Power Adapter, I ordered yesterday and haven't even gotten a confirmation email

bwright1128,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
bwright1128 said:
Hey Magicflight just wondering if you guys had an estimated time it takes for orders to be shipped for the Power Adapter, I ordered yesterday and haven't even gotten a confirmation email

the same goes for me...........

medme,
medme said:
bwright1128 said:

the same goes for me...........

I got the PA and didn't get a shipping confirmation email, so you may not get one. So it could be there any day now

vapor racer,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
pakalolo said:
FLskwat said:
...but this must only be an impression as this vape is supposed to reach a designed temp peak around 380F correct?

Hmmm,thx Paka, I must have understood these graphs wrong?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=78818#p78818

In fact my question was:
Do you have the same power & heat delivered by a 2700 vs a 2400 for example, in the same pressing time and with same breathing tech? Meaning the 2700 will only deliver longer then the 2400, but the same amount of heat?

OR

As I seem to feel it, is the 2700 delivering more heat in this same timing/same inhale? Meaning the 2700 delivers MORE & LONGER?

FLskwat,

Willeh

I've been using my launchbox a lot tonight, to confirm my thoughts. I have been getting good results out of using a little over a half trench with finely ground herb, using a combination of sucking really slow through my nose, and kissing the box every second or so. This is my usual technique, kind of a combination of the pyromons and making love to the box. I've decided to permanently take the push ring out as I've found it can cause issues with the connection to the battery, the rotation of the battery (spinning it) can cause the connection to break because some of the foam pinched in the connection or something. I get consistently visible hits with a strong effect, and a nice taste. It is enjoyable, the hits are almost as thick as my purple days, but taste a little toastier. I still find the vapor hot/dry for my likings, though I only coughed once this session and did not have one of those coughing fits. I fought harder to keep the temperature down, and it seemed to thicken the vapor a little which I didn't expect. Still overall at home I'd rather use watercooled desktop unit.

I know the shortness of breath issue sounds silly and I guess this is really just an issue for me but the most common time I vape not at home and would be using my portable is while doing athletic outdoors things like snowboarding, skateboarding or even hiking a mountain. That's why the windproof factor really appealed to me, its the main times I'd want to vape outside. However I find I'm always too out of breath to toke the thing on these expeditions :ko:

I have my trusty cig bat with 3 screens stacked in it I dedicate to wandhash or oils when I have them, It's my absolute favorite use for my wandhash, you hear a nice sizzle as you light it :peace:

I've ordered myself an 8 pack of Powerex 2700s, should arrive in 3 days. If it gets a little hotter, it means I can suck a little faster, and maybe I'll have less issues with heat and shortness of breath since a quicker draw would cool it back to a more normal heat. I have suspicion my batteries may be weak due to storage before it got shipped to me or something, as it takes me significantly longer to finish a bowl than most other people say, and requires a _very_ slow draw. wake n blake, I'm taking your advice and going to at least try new batteries and giving the screen an iso wipe. It does one very tiny darkened spot, maybe the width of a tack from the one time it combusted in a small spot trying the 'no draw' technique for a little too long the day after I got it. However, I do not feel it has had any impact on the function of the box, as I always brush it out with the brush after using it and have 'drained out' a battery on the chamber before to burn out stuff stuck in the screen. I don't feel it would affect my feelings about the hot/dry vapor though.

I have hope for this thing I just wish it was a little 'easier' to toke is all. Also I do not personally have issues with the heat on my tongue or teeth, I feel the heat but it does not hurt in anyway, I just find it to dry my throat and occasionally make me cough off a relatively small toke because the vapor is hot and dry, as opposed to a watercooled desktop solution I'm used to. I mentioned it because my girlfriend can only draw on the thing for maybe half a second and before her teeth really start to hurt, but she has sensitive teeth so I just mentioned it because it's a pretty common thing. If you have trouble eating icecream or drinking coffee fast/or if you drink retarded amounts of soda pop it could be a problem.

Willeh,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
FLskwat said:
pakalolo said:
FLskwat said:

In fact my question was:
Do you have the same power & heat delivered by a 2700 vs a 2400 for example, in the same pressing time and with same breathing tech? Meaning the 2700 will only deliver longer then the 2400, but the same amount of heat?

OR

As I seem to feel it, is the 2700 delivering more heat in this same timing/same inhale? Meaning the 2700 delivers MORE & LONGER?

According to one of the graphs posted in that link, with the stock batts, it doesnt seem possible to reach 450+

nd_t10_02.gif

according to this, it would appear that had they applied the power longer, it would have continued to stay around 390...

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
FLskwat said:
pakalolo said:

In fact my question was:

OR

According to one of the graphs posted in that link, with the stock batts, it doesnt seem possible to reach 450+

http://magic-flight.com/nd_t10_02.gif

according to this, it would appear that had they applied the power longer, it would have continued to stay around 390...

Hey PH, thx for your answer, that's why I stated previously: "temp peak around 380". You also confirmed I still understand the graphs I see (I was worried as an automotive industry manager dealing daily with tons of charts... LOL)...

Now @Pakalolo: these graphs are 150 pages old... so things might have changed with the newest MFs? If not, and though I totally felt the ability of my MF to reach combustion (if no breathing, no shacking some few particulates will start combusting) then what am I missing in my chart interpretation?

@Willeh: I'm happy to ear you're getting used to your MF and its specific hitting techniques. And yes IMHO an upgrade to 2700 batt. will open a wide range of new vape experiences with your box! With good batts, half full trenches, good breathing/shacking technique: you can clear a few trenches (up to 4 with 2700) evenly (all brown tobacco color, no greenish remains) with 1 batt, and have almost NO POPCORN taste during the hole sesh!

FLskwat,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
medme and bwright, it took about two weeks from order to ship on my PA. I didn't get an email, but my account was charged the day before shipment. Hang in there. :D

momofthegoons,

The_Algebraist

So you only coughed once? Tell us more.

Willeh said:
I've been using my launchbox a lot tonight, to confirm my thoughts. I have been getting good results out of using a little over a half trench with finely ground herb, using a combination of sucking really slow through my nose, and kissing the box every second or so. This is my usual technique, kind of a combination of the pyromons and making love to the box. I've decided to permanently take the push ring out as I've found it can cause issues with the connection to the battery, the rotation of the battery (spinning it) can cause the connection to break because some of the foam pinched in the connection or something. I get consistently visible hits with a strong effect, and a nice taste. It is enjoyable, the hits are almost as thick as my purple days, but taste a little toastier. I still find the vapor a hot/dry for my likings, though I only coughed once this session and did not have one of those coughing fits. I fought harder to keep the temperature down, and it seemed to thicken the vapor a little which I didn't expect. Still overall at home I'd rather use watercooled desktop unit.

I know the shortness of breath issue sounds silly and I guess this is really just an issue for me but the most common time I vape not at home and would be using my portable is while doing athletic outdoors things like snowboarding, skateboarding or even hiking a mountain. That's why the windproof factor really appealed to me, its the main times I'd want to vape outside. However I find I'm always too out of breath to toke the thing on these expeditions :ko:

I have my trusty cig bat with 3 screens stacked in it I dedicate to wandhash or oils I have them, It's my absolute favorite use for my wandhash, you hear a nice sizzle as you light it :peace:

I've ordered myself an 8 pack of Powerex 2700s, should arrive in 3 days. If it gets a little hotter, it means I can suck a little faster, and maybe I'll have less issues with heat and shortness of breath since a quicker draw would cool it back to a more normal heat. I have suspicion my batteries may be weak due to storage before it got shipped to me or something, as it takes me significantly longer to finish a bowl than most other people say, and requires a _very_ slow draw. wake n blake, I'm taking your advice and going to at least try new batteries and giving the screen an iso wipe. It does one very tiny darkened spot, maybe the width of a tack from the one time it combusted in a small spot trying the 'no draw' technique for a little too long the day after I got it. However, I do not feel it has had any impact on the function of the box, as I always brush it out with the brush after using it and have 'drained out' a battery on the chamber before to burn out stuff stuck in the screen. I don't feel it would affect my feelings about the hot/dry vapor though.

I have hope for this thing I just wish it was a little 'easier' to toke is all. Also I do not personally have issues with the heat on my tongue or teeth, I feel the heat but it does not hurt in anyway, I just find it to dry my throat and occasionally make me cough off a relatively small toke because the vapor is hot and dry, as opposed to a watercooled desktop solution I'm used to. I mentioned it because my girlfriend can only draw on the thing for maybe half a second and before her teeth really start to hurt, but she has sensitive teeth so I just mentioned it because it's a pretty common thing. If you have trouble eating icecream or drinking coffee fast/drinking retarded amounts of soda pop it could be a problem.

The_Algebraist,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I've been on Break-In for a couple days with 4 P2700 batts. The C9000 now says "Available Capacity" and each battery says "Done." Each battery is listed under 2600 mah. Does that sound right? None are close to 2700.

Should I Break-In again? Or is under 2600 the most I can expect from these 4 P2700s?

willieR,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I gotta say I was kinda left wanting more the first few times I used the Box, I got my herb ground just as I would for the Zap, filled the trench a couple different ways to get the right load, still really didnt have a handle on it yet but have been experimenting this way and that, spent a little more time with it out in the shop last night, and wow our time together was the best yet. I have been saving up a big pile of kief, Mom said it vaped well in the box, she was right, I lightly filled the bottom of the trench, slid the battery in to let it warm up, popped in a wooden stem, and did the drawing technique explained here recently and was more than satisfied with the results, in no time at all I was blistered and coughing like hell.

Have also been thinking about getting the PA for it, am also eye balling mine thinking about replacing the plastic top with a fitted cherry top. Besides being able to see through it, is there any reason for the plastic other than that?

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom