The_Algebraist

Ed's TnT said:
I gotta say I was kinda left wanting more the first few times I used the Box, I got my herb ground just as I would for the Zap, filled the trench a couple different ways to get the right load, still really didnt have a handle on it yet but have been experimenting this way and that, spent a little more time with it out in the shop last night, and wow our time together was the best yet. I have been saving up a big pile of kief, Mom said it vaped well in the box, she was right, I lightly filled the bottom of the trench, slid the battery in to let it warm up, popped in a wooden stem, and did the drawing technique explained here recently and was more than satisfied with the results, in no time at all I was blistered and coughing like hell.

Have also been thinking about getting the PA for it, am also eye balling mine thinking about replacing the plastic top with a fitted cherry top. Besides being able to see through it, is there any reason for the plastic other than that?

I was wondering about kief in the LB. You didn't have any issues with it gobbing up and blocking the screen/trench? I've always had a bit of trouble with kief in whatever vape i was using, ssv, vg etc.... the kief would kinda gunk up and become a sheet of soft kief. it was particularly problematic in the VG where it would find it's way to the screen and start to form a carpet over it...

The_Algebraist,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
just as long as it lays perfectly flat on top of the box to create a seal Ed, no reason really to see inside. I personally would like to get away from having any acrylic of any sort, i like your idea. I wonder though. Would a wooden top retain more heat in the chamber than the plastic cover? or will it sap some of the heat?

DevoTheStrange,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
The_Algebraist said:
Ed's TnT said:
I gotta say I was kinda left wanting more the first few times I used the Box, I got my herb ground just as I would for the Zap, filled the trench a couple different ways to get the right load, still really didnt have a handle on it yet but have been experimenting this way and that, spent a little more time with it out in the shop last night, and wow our time together was the best yet. I have been saving up a big pile of kief, Mom said it vaped well in the box, she was right, I lightly filled the bottom of the trench, slid the battery in to let it warm up, popped in a wooden stem, and did the drawing technique explained here recently and was more than satisfied with the results, in no time at all I was blistered and coughing like hell.

Have also been thinking about getting the PA for it, am also eye balling mine thinking about replacing the plastic top with a fitted cherry top. Besides being able to see through it, is there any reason for the plastic other than that?

I was wondering about kief in the LB. You didn't have any issues with it gobbing up and blocking the screen/trench? I've always had a bit of trouble with kief in whatever vape i was using, ssv, vg etc.... the kief would kinda gunk up and become a sheet of soft kief. it was particularly problematic in the VG where it would find it's way to the screen and start to form a carpet over it...

I didnt have any problem with the kief, it vaped really well, it turned black, I only used a little, just enough to cover the bottom f the trench bout an 1/8" high or a slightly more, got about 8 or 10 significant hits from it.

DevoTheStrange said:
just as long as it lays perfectly flat on top of the box to create a seal Ed, no reason really to see inside. I personally would like to get away from having any acrylic of any sort, i like your idea. I wonder though. Would a wooden top retain more heat in the chamber than the plastic cover? or will it sap some of the heat?

OOO thats true, would it take some of the heat away? Hmmm I wonder! Just also feel like a solid wooden box would be the shit!

Ed's TnT,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
vapor racer said:
medme said:
bwright1128 said:
Hey Magicflight just wondering if you guys had an estimated time it takes for orders to be shipped for the Power Adapter, I ordered yesterday and haven't even gotten a confirmation email

the same goes for me...........

I got the PA and didn't get a shipping confirmation email, so you may not get one. So it could be there any day now

thanks.....

medme,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Cool, Willeh. I hope you get a handle on it... everyone should be having as much fun with these little boxes as the rest of us haha.

wake n blake,

Taroth

Posting here out of frustration as my PA adapter suddenly stopped working two weeks ago. Tried everything I could think of to fix it without tearing the thing apart - no luck. I contacted Blissville on the 23rd. Support said that Magic Flight carries the warranty and that they would forward my email to MF.

A couple days pass with no response, so I email magic flight directly. I still have not heard back from them.

The PA is amazing and I really just want to get back to testing asap.

Taroth,

slvelocity

Hey guys, I need a little help if you guys don't mind.

I ordered my PA two days ago and like everyone else I haven't received any email from MF. I'm just a bit worried now after seeing a few reports of busted PA's. I'm now debating whether that PA is worth the $71 (I live in CA) or whether I should give the energizer batteries a try (I work at Best Buy so I get a discount on chargers/batteries. But my store only carries duracell and energizer... no Powerex). Also, I only have one stock battery left after I accidentally shorted the other battery by putting it in the charger the wrong end-to-end lol...

So what do you guys think I should do?

1. Cancel my PA order and...
a. buy the energizer charger and 4 batteries that come with it (its the $20 charger everyone talks about)
b. buy powerex batteries and the c9000 charger everyone recommends with it (this comes out to roughly $60 already....)

OR

Just keep my order going for the PA and try to survive with my one battery until it arrives

Thanks in advance!

slvelocity,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
well, an ideal world would be the c9000 + the energizer 15 minute charger + the powerex 2700s.

I'm using the energizer with the powerex... and waiting 20 minutes to toke is never terrible (but I have 8 batteries, so I rotate 4 on, 4 off--I've yet to run out of batteries or have to wait for a batch to charge; it's only been a week, though).

I plan on purchasing that c9000 though... or maybe the long one that does 8 batteries at once... that way I can monitor the batteries and put them through cycles to keep their health up to par, plus I'll have a just in case 20 minute charger if I'm in a pickle... and the energizer charger comes with a car cigarette lighter adapter... which is useful (charge up some batts while in class, come back during break for a nice session).

I'm really not in a hurry to get the c9000, though... just seems like a nice toy I should have. The energizer is quick, efficient, and has a badass fan to keep the batteries cool (little loud though). I haven't even used the batteries that came with it... will probably throw them in a remote or something, not really worth peeling and cleaning when I have 8 powerexes.

so yeah, that's my 2 cents.

however, it seems that most people have all these batteries and still opt for purchasing the PA for home use... so maybe keep the order and get some batts and charger as well? I'm not exactly familiar with your financial situation, so I don't know if that's an option (but if you're gonna drop 60 bucks on a beta wire, why not drop a little extra and have your on-the-go vape ready for on-the-go action).

wake n blake,

riisto

I know I've seen this posted before but...I REALLY want a mahogany LB. The only thing cooler than the MFLB itself would be a mahogany MFLB. I wonder if magic flight might be inclined to manufacture one if enough people committed to buying one...I know I sure would.

Show us some Love MF...enable our choices :)

riisto,

riisto

riisto,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
riisto said:
FLskwat said:
Does someone know about these?? :o

http://www.conrad.fr/pack_de_2_accu...ce=positionning&ns_linkname=keywords&ns_fee=0

Hmmm, I might check those!

Oh and again, as stated numerous times on this thread to the guys who want an efficient charger, check the LA CROSSE ones, both the BC(or RS)700 & BC(or RS)900 (same features as the C9000, half da price...)

Those batteries you linked to are D-sized batteries. Haven't heard anything about the manufacturer though.

My bad, to fast websurfing... thx!

FLskwat,

weedemon

enthusiast
is there a reason you want the wood to be mahogany? it's a cool looking wood, but I am just wondering what your thoughts are behind this?

weedemon,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

Couple of quick notes about the power adapter:

1) After looking into it a bit, I was informed that the person who normally handles orders, warranties, etc for the PA units has been out for a few days. I was given the impression it was for sick leave. This would explain why *some* of the communications regarding these has been delayed. My apologies for this inconvenience.

2) We are interested in getting all inquiries answered as soon as possible. However, we must request that everyone please allow for at least one business day before expecting a response. Also, please be aware that we are currently attempting to train new staff to handle these sorts of inquiries, and so things may be a little confused for the next two weeks or so as we get this setup. Again, our apologies in advance for this -- please be patient with us -- we are doing our best.

3) Beta PA units *are* covered by a functional replacement warranty. We have not set a time-limit on this. If your unit has failed, we will do our best to get you a replacement as soon as we can -- depending on unit availability, manufacturing capacity, etc. We do know that tightening the ring on the switch end of the battery plug does fix many PA issues. We recommend that one quick fix if you hare having problems with either not enough heat or not turning on is to use a small paperclip bent to fit the two small holes on that end, and tightening the ring (please don't make the ring too tight).

4) People placing new orders for Power supplies can expect that it may take up to two weeks from the time that the order is placed until the order is shipped, cards charged, etc. Sometimes we can ship units sooner than that -- however, we will not promise a more rapid delivery than 2 weeks plus shipping time.

5) In regards to questions as to when the production model will be available, we are not sure as yet. We have identified some technical aspects of the internal switch assembly which we are currently working to improve for reasons of long term product reliability. This has necessitated some tooling changes on our part which is causing delays. The current estimate is near the start of May.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Gunky

slvelocity said:

I ordered my PA two days ago and like everyone else I haven't received any email from MF. I'm just a bit worried now after seeing a few reports of busted PA's. I'm now debating whether that PA is worth the $71 (I live in CA) or whether I should give the energizer batteries a try (I work at Best Buy so I get a discount on chargers/batteries. But my store only carries duracell and energizer... no Powerex). Also, I only have one stock battery left after I accidentally shorted the other battery by putting it in the charger the wrong end-to-end lol...

a. buy the energizer charger and 4 batteries that come with it (its the $20 charger everyone talks about)
b. buy powerex batteries and the c9000 charger everyone recommends with it (this comes out to roughly $60 already....)

OR

Just keep my order going for the PA and try to survive with my one battery until it arrives

Thanks in advance!

Stick with the PA. You can always pick up a few Powerex 2700's for portable use and they are not expensive. The PA is really, really good. No, really!

Gunky,

slvelocity

wake n blake said:
well, an ideal world would be the c9000 + the energizer 15 minute charger + the powerex 2700s.

I'm using the energizer with the powerex... and waiting 20 minutes to toke is never terrible (but I have 8 batteries, so I rotate 4 on, 4 off--I've yet to run out of batteries or have to wait for a batch to charge; it's only been a week, though).

I plan on purchasing that c9000 though... or maybe the long one that does 8 batteries at once... that way I can monitor the batteries and put them through cycles to keep their health up to par, plus I'll have a just in case 20 minute charger if I'm in a pickle... and the energizer charger comes with a car cigarette lighter adapter... which is useful (charge up some batts while in class, come back during break for a nice session).

I'm really not in a hurry to get the c9000, though... just seems like a nice toy I should have. The energizer is quick, efficient, and has a badass fan to keep the batteries cool (little loud though). I haven't even used the batteries that came with it... will probably throw them in a remote or something, not really worth peeling and cleaning when I have 8 powerexes.

so yeah, that's my 2 cents.

however, it seems that most people have all these batteries and still opt for purchasing the PA for home use... so maybe keep the order and get some batts and charger as well? I'm not exactly familiar with your financial situation, so I don't know if that's an option (but if you're gonna drop 60 bucks on a beta wire, why not drop a little extra and have your on-the-go vape ready for on-the-go action).

Gunky said:
slvelocity said:

OR

Thanks in advance!

Stick with the PA. You can always pick up a few Powerex 2700's for portable use and they are not expensive. The PA is really, really good. No, really!

Yah I'm not super well off financially (starving recently-graduated college student actually) so 30-40 bucks to me is a big deal. The CHEAPEST I can figure to do a Powerex set up is to use the Tenergy charger that came with my mflb. But I've read that the stock charger as well as the energizer chargers (15 minute and the regular 8 hour) have screwed up Powerex batteries in the long run (weeks).

4x Powerex batteries alone - $12
4x Powerex batteries + energizer charger - $30
4x Powerex batteries + La Crosse charger - $45
PA - $71

Dilemma.... :(

slvelocity,

riisto

weedemon said:
is there a reason you want the wood to be mahogany? it's a cool looking wood, but I am just wondering what your thoughts are behind this?

Mostly just a personal preference for dark woods but the light colored birch they're currently using makes stains and oil buildup more obvious.

riisto,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
slvelocity said:
4x Powerex batteries alone - $12
4x Powerex batteries + energizer charger - $30
4x Powerex batteries + La Crosse charger - $45
PA - $71

Dilemma.... :(

ah, well... the energizer charger is actually recommended for use with the powerexes... it's on that vaporpedia or whatever, or the flight box website... they come right out and say they work well together.

so... perhaps you should consider whether or not you're going to be using it on-the-go or just chilling at home... I don't mind using batteries at home at all... and the PA looks cool, but $70 plus the wait time is asking a lot... especially since the beta might go official and become a bit cheaper as the forums seem to lead towards.

wake n blake,

Gunky

My advice: eat cheap tacos for a week or two and get the PA. It's really nice. Once you get it you will only use batteries when out and about.

Gunky,

Taroth

magicflight said:
\

3) Beta PA units *are* covered by a functional replacement warranty. We have not set a time-limit on this. If your unit has failed, we will do our best to get you a replacement as soon as we can -- depending on unit availability, manufacturing capacity, etc. We do know that tightening the ring on the switch end of the battery plug does fix many PA issues. We recommend that one quick fix if you hare having problems with either not enough heat or not turning on is to use a small paperclip bent to fit the two small holes on that end, and tightening the ring (please don't make the ring too tight).

-- Magic-Flight

Could you be more specific or post a picture? I'm not sure what you mean by the "ring" on the "switch end". Is that the battery-like thing, the adapter, or the cylinder converter? I'm guessing switch means its on the converter but I don't see any holes.

Thanks for the quick response

Taroth,

Gunky

You see the little black button you use to apply power - surrounding the button at the end of the 'battery' is a silver colored disk with two shallow holes in it.

Gunky,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
riisto said:
weedemon said:

Mostly just a personal preference for dark woods but the light colored birch they're currently using makes stains and oil buildup more obvious.

Hi,

We have made a few units from more exotic woods from time to time as process experiments. If you are simply looking for a darker wood, I would definitely recommend requesting walnut (email BlissSville about it as they are more likely to be able to accept special orders). However, in regards to mahogany specifically, we are unlikely to make a unit out of that wood due to a number of issues (machining to tolerance without grain fracture, oversize porosity, its strong scent, natural sustainability, etc). There are a few others that are also dark, though these tend to be a lot more rare and much harder to work with (and therefore much expensive to procure).

It is likely that we will be releasing a number of special woods in fairly limited special editions -- eventually. We had hoped to do it for the holiday season last year. Unfortunately, there are a number of other projects also in the works which also require a lot of our time -- we simply have not had a chance to do very many special wood builds.

Please be patient -- we will revisit this topic again.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

Taroth

Gunky said:
You see the little black button you use to apply power - surrounding the button at the end of the 'battery' is a silver colored disk with two shallow holes in it.

Thank you. No luck unfortunately. Do you guys know any other tricks?

Taroth,

kabob

derporist
slvelocity said:
But I've read that the stock charger as well as the energizer chargers (15 minute and the regular 8 hour) have screwed up Powerex batteries in the long run (weeks).
Can you provide some sources for this? I am interested because I just ordered some Powerex 2700s that I was planning to use with the stock (Tenergy) charger and was considering buying the Energizer 15 minute quick charger.

kabob,

slvelocity

kabob said:
slvelocity said:
But I've read that the stock charger as well as the energizer chargers (15 minute and the regular 8 hour) have screwed up Powerex batteries in the long run (weeks).
Can you provide some sources for this? I am interested because I just ordered some Powerex 2700s that I was planning to use with the stock (Tenergy) charger and was considering buying the Energizer 15 minute quick charger.

They're just all personal references from people that use them. If you browse this very thread there's someone talking about the 15 minute charger isn't good for the batteries cause fast charging is not good for them. There's another one of a guy saying his powerex's all crapped out in a couple of weeks using either the stock or energizer cahrger (i don't remember) and how he hopes to revive them with his new c9000 charger.

The other times I remember reading these things is on grasscity.

slvelocity,
Top Bottom