pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
willieR said:
Good question. Is the MFLB temp governed by an internal circuit or purely from the battery output? I suspect it's just pure battery but I seem to recall a temp range that the trench is heated to.

I would assume the PA provides a bit more more "juice" but is internally regulated so only a battery-like tricke of electricity comes out.

The LB temperature is regulated by your draw strength. If you simply hold the battery in contact without drawing then it will continue to heat up and reach the point of combustion. There is no internal circuitry in the LB, unless you count the addition of the little light. The design is elegant because it is so simple.

pakalolo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Cold temp will not hurt this vape, even works perfectly outside in sub zero temp. I have left mine in much colder temps the 20 degrees all winter in my car

IAmKrazy2,

steven22

Hey guys, does magic-flight still post around here?.. is this magicvape@gmail.com still his email address?..

I sent a mail to that address last week , wanted to talk about tips on repairing one of my boxes. not really a warranty issue.

anyways, I never received a reply. Should I just hang tight cause he is busy sorting through the messages?.. or is there an alternate of reaching him?

thanks

steven22,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I would send an email to customerservice@blisssville.com or magicvape@gmail.com. Those are the email addresses on their website.

:peace:

Stu,

hanfhead

is high
steven22 said:
Hey guys, does magic-flight still post around here?.. is this magicvape@gmail.com still his email address?..

I sent a mail to that address last week , wanted to talk about tips on repairing one of my boxes. not really a warranty issue.

Magic Flight is still around here. And yes, that's the email listed on their site. I bet they get a lot of emails and will answer them as they can, I always got a reply back when I messaged them.

You should post your question here, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here on the subject. I was actually thinking about making a cleaning/repair guide when I had some time. I have a little bit of experience getting the screen back into the groove from below.

hanfhead,

wot

Ed's TnT said:
Hello, I have a question, what species of wood is the MFLB made of?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Maple for newer units and Birch for older ones.

wot,

in_rainbows

So those of you who have the Beta power adapter. Is it worth the coin? Seems a bit pricey to me. Does anyone know if the official non beta one will be the same price?

in_rainbows,

tompumped

I too was wondering if it would be the same price.

Anyway. I received an email from the seller of the boxes without serial numbers. I'm curious to see if what they recently told me is true. If it is then that's pretty messed up on the part of the manufacturer for trying to dictate what their item can sell for. Here's a quote from the email:
"All our vaporizers are legitimate but Magic Flight manufacturer does not honor the warranty for items that are sold for less than the MAP price of $99.00. For that reason, distributors need to identify items that are sold on eBay so thats why these items do not have serial numbers on them. "

tompumped,

lwien

tompumped said:
If it is then that's pretty messed up on the part of the manufacturer for trying to dictate what their item can sell for.

It's pretty typical, especially in the electronics industry. So, while you may say it's messed up, it's a pretty common to only warranty product that is purchased through authorized dealers and those authorized dealers will typically sign a contract stating that they will maintain a manufacturers suggested retail pricing structure.

lwien,

tompumped

I didn't realize that, so I guess it's the norm. O well, I thought it was a free market. I wasn't talking about the warranty issue being messed up.

One other thing. I got the powerex 2700s they are definitely stronger. I don't see a need for the pa adapter when i've got six batteries, but i'm sure i'll buy it down the road.

I also got a mini 1.25" grinder with a storage container underneath, it grinds the product fine enough.

tompumped,

lwien

tompumped said:
I didn't realize that, so I guess it's the norm. O well, I thought it was a free market.

It is a free market. By definition, a free market is a market that is not controlled by the government. In the retail arena, retailers are franchised (or authorized) to sell a product from a manufacturer or a distributor, but in order to do so, they must comply with certain rules and restrictions placed on them by that manufacturer or distributor. As long as these rules are restrictions are not placed on them by the government, it is still considered a free market.

And these restrictions do not just pertain to pricing and warranties, but also how their product is exposed in the marketplace. If a retailer refuses to play by their rules, they can either lose their franchise to sell their product, or they may lose other perks, like quick pay discounts, available co-op (adversting) dollars, etc, etc etc.

lwien,

tompumped

Thank you for that bit of information. I didn't know that, I guess I shouldn't have gone off memory from eight years ago. I'll stfu now.

tompumped,

jak5

Hey,

I bought 4 Powerex 2700's from amazon. Not only do they take very long to charge in my MLFB charger but they get extremely hot towards the end. Does anyone know a good/cheap charger that I can charge my 2700's in without worrying.
Thanks

jak5,

tompumped

jak5 said:
Hey,

I bought 4 Powerex 2700's from amazon. Not only do they take very long to charge in my MLFB charger but they get extremely hot towards the end. Does anyone know a good/cheap charger that I can charge my 2700's in without worrying.
Thanks

I bought an energizer 15 min quick charger which can supposedly be used for the 2700s only. I haven't got it yet though. I believe they are a fast charge battery whereas the stock ones are a long charge. I can't remember the exact terms.

tompumped,

jak5

tompumped said:
jak5 said:
Hey,

Thanks

I bought an energizer 15 min quick charger which can supposedly be used for the 2700s only. I haven't got it yet though. I believe they are a fast charge battery whereas the stock ones are a long charge. I can't remember the exact terms.

Where did you get it?

Can you send me a link?

jak5,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
tompumped said:
I too was wondering if it would be the same price.

Anyway. I received an email from the seller of the boxes without serial numbers. I'm curious to see if what they recently told me is true. If it is then that's pretty messed up on the part of the manufacturer for trying to dictate what their item can sell for. Here's a quote from the email:
"All our vaporizers are legitimate but Magic Flight manufacturer does not honor the warranty for items that are sold for less than the MAP price of $99.00. For that reason, distributors need to identify items that are sold on eBay so thats why these items do not have serial numbers on them. "

Hi,

Your seller is lying to you regarding the warranty: we do honor the warranty for legitimate Boxes regardless of where purchased or for how much. Your seller probably filed off the numbers themselves -- usually for the reason of attempting to hide stolen or otherwise illegitimately obtained product. It is also true that for any boxes deliberately damaged, either by a seller or by a user, that we cannot reasonably be expected to honor the warranty.

In regards to the pricing, people need to understand that local retailers and shops have a lot of real expenses (rent, insurance, utilities, etc) that must be paid to remain in business. These shops are our primary distribution channel and account for the vast majority of our sales. An online Ebay vendor has comparatively few expenses, and can effectively compete unfairly with physical shops when pricing their products, effectively preventing all of the brick and mortar businesses from being able to carry that item. The result is that fewer wholesale purchases are made by retailers, and that in itself causes a collapse of the market, the manufacturer goes out of business and everyone looses (the product is no longer available). I think it is safe to say that most people would at least like to have the choice to communicate with a real person in a real store when purchasing an item of this kind -- and have some hope of real service -- rather than to purchase from an faceless and anonymous Ebay vendor who will disavow any further contact once the sale is completed. We want to ensure that customers are supported -- vendors who refuse to do this are not vendors we want to work with.

This phenomena is something that occurs in nearly every market, for nearly every product. In order for any business to remain sustainable for the long term, it is necessary that everyone work together and play fair with one another. We set policies with our resellers to ensure and encourage at least a minimum level of fairness and service to ALL of our customers. If we are going to be able to actually honor our lifetime warranty, we need to do what is necessary to ensure that we survive at least that long.

Also, in regards to the pricing on the production power supply: we simply do not know yet. We are still obtaining parts for the first main run, and do not yet have a sense as to what the costs will be, except to say that they will probably be within 15% of the current price for the Beta. As to when the production model will be available, it will be at least a few weeks.

Finally, for people who are sending emails, please be patient. We do our best to keep up with traffic but sometimes emails get lost, caught in spam filters, etc. If you do not get an answer within two business days, please try again.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

tompumped

Hi,
Earlier in this thread you/someone else from MF said you would make an exception in my case and warranty the item as long as I provided you with the name of the seller. Since then I tried to send the item back with no luck, apparently they gave me the wrong address. So now I will have two mflb's, one with no serial number.

I figured the seller was lying thank you for that information.

tompumped,

wot

magicflight said:
Also, in regards to the pricing on the production power supply: we simply do not know yet. We are still obtaining parts for the first main run, and do not yet have a sense as to what the costs will be, except to say that they will probably be within 15% of the current price for the Beta. As to when the production model will be available, it will be at least a few weeks.
Thanks for responding!

wot,

Cairo1

I have found the ebay vendors much less desirable to deal with. They are generally shell companies that legitimate dealers use as a way to get around the manufacturer's MAP pricing. Typical gray market crap. The legit dealer can't sell below $X, so they create a no-service shell company to sell on ebay for $X less 15% or such.

I did this once and will never do it again. My ebay "bargain" cost me big-time in the end. Don't count on any service with an ebay vape merchant.

Cairo1,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
in_rainbows said:
So those of you who have the Beta power adapter. Is it worth the coin? Seems a bit pricey to me. Does anyone know if the official non beta one will be the same price?

It's absolutely 1000% worth it. I haven't touch a battery since I got it.

Non-betas don't have a set date yet.

On a side note, bought a new project fishing boat. Gonna make sure to put a 12v plug in the back of the glove box so I can put the PA in there and just have the batt part hanging on a little hook on the dash :) I'm going to get a small motorcycle/scooter batteryand put it up under the dash, strictly for a PAMFLB power source :p

JDSupreme,

Kemeras

Stu said:
I would send an email to customerservice@blisssville.com or magicvape@gmail.com. Those are the email addresses on their website.

:peace:

Which would be the appropriate email for issues about missing parts for the power adapter?

Kemeras,

Raf007

Retailer
fabrice furio said:
merci pour l info raf007 aaaaaaaa enfin un collgue , a fait plaisir de voir que je suis pas le seul resortissant hexagonal ici . a y est , j'ai rcupr ma box c la class . juste il faut vraiment que j'attrappe des 2700 parce que l pour l ex fumeur de havannes que je suis c tro ldge . salut camaarade , a plus .

Pas de quoi... ouai ca fait plaisir, on est de plus en plus vaporiser...

Translation:

U'r welcome, it's good to see that we are more and more french to vape...:)

@Vtac: what about opening a foreign/international section with a category by country ?
like www.fuckcombustion.com/fr ?? :D

Raf007,
Top Bottom