momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I also purchased my LB from Vapeworld, but have ordered accessories from Blisssville. The service from both was stellar.

momofthegoons,

freshjiv

Hi, I am sure it has been posted numerous times in this thread, but I am not looking back through hundreds of pages. I am trying to find the best/most recommended rechargable batteries to buy off ebay/amazon/wherever to have as a backup for the 2 that came with the Launch Box. Clearly I want to buy an extra set that is stronger/can be used for more than 1 session. Thanks!

freshjiv,

vapirtoo

yo freshjiv,
Go back to main page click vaporpedia at the top ,
look for vaporizers, find magic flight, scroll down to
batteries. :cool:
Hey this is FC and we put in our own work!!!!

vapirtoo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
momofthegoons said:
pakalolo wrote:
The battery problem is much over-hyped in my estimation.

I couldn't agree more. When I first got my LB, I ordered two extra batteries. Then, I bought the 15 min. charger which came with 4 more. I've used the 15 min. charger once, in the beginning to see how it worked. Since then, not once. I also feel I have too many batteries. While I do feel that it was a good idea to buy the extra two, that's more than enough. I've only found myself without a charged battery once and that was my own neglect. The stock charger works just fine and I'm still on my original batteries. Granted, I have 8 of them, but use it daily.

And while I also love my LB, I would agree with caseball2051 in that it isn't the best vape to share.

Agree, agree, and agree.

The new battery is what overheats the trench at the beginning. My box acted like it "was new" again when I switched to my new 2700's (a MUST DO for heavy LB users IMO)

My 15min charger is collecting dust and will be used on an emergency use only basis. The stock charger has been more than fine. I rotate through my 4 Powerex 2700's and thats all I need. If i'm going somewhere for the day, 4 batts do it.

I actually dont like sharing a trench with anyone. Ive got my "trench toasting" down to a science and when I share, the other less experienced user will probably blacken a spot and make it taste goofy anyway. I'm kinda picky like that :p If i'm sharing, I just pack a trench for whoever wants to vape. But most of my friends still combust anyway.....primates :) hahaha

I want this A/C adapter more than ever now that its adjustable!!!!! I thought about after the announcement and it doesn't shock me at all that the amesome folks a MF would make a cool add on even cooler!!! Cant wait guys!!!!

JDSupreme,

Walter White

JDSupreme said:
momofthegoons said:
pakalolo wrote:
The battery problem is much over-hyped in my estimation.

I couldn't agree more. When I first got my LB, I ordered two extra batteries. Then, I bought the 15 min. charger which came with 4 more. I've used the 15 min. charger once, in the beginning to see how it worked. Since then, not once. I also feel I have too many batteries. While I do feel that it was a good idea to buy the extra two, that's more than enough. I've only found myself without a charged battery once and that was my own neglect. The stock charger works just fine and I'm still on my original batteries. Granted, I have 8 of them, but use it daily.

And while I also love my LB, I would agree with caseball2051 in that it isn't the best vape to share.

Agree, agree, and agree.

The new battery is what overheats the trench at the beginning. My box acted like it "was new" again when I switched to my new 2700's (a MUST DO for heavy LB users IMO)

My 15min charger is collecting dust and will be used on an emergency use only basis. The stock charger has been more than fine. I rotate through my 4 Powerex 2700's and thats all I need. If i'm going somewhere for the day, 4 batts do it.

I actually dont like sharing a trench with anyone. Ive got my "trench toasting" down to a science and when I share, the other less experienced user will probably blacken a spot and make it taste goofy anyway. I'm kinda picky like that :p If i'm sharing, I just pack a trench for whoever wants to vape. But most of my friends still combust anyway.....primates :) hahaha

I want this A/C adapter more than ever now that its adjustable!!!!! I thought about after the announcement and it doesn't shock me at all that the amesome folks a MF would make a cool add on even cooler!!! Cant wait guys!!!!

I have to buy the stock charger/batteries right? This is fine with me, I'm just making sure because I don't see any option that just includes the box. Does the stock charger know when the batteries are full or do you just have to take them out after 8 hours? Do the 2700's take 8 hours to charge as well?

Walter White,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Walter White said:
I have to buy the stock charger/batteries right? This is fine with me, I'm just making sure because I don't see any option that just includes the box. Does the stock charger know when the batteries are full or do you just have to take them out after 8 hours? Do the 2700's take 8 hours to charge as well?

BlissSville offers a 'no charger' kit for $90. I don't know what other vendors offer.

The stock charger is a 2-4 hour charger, not 8 hours. It is smart enough to stop charging when the batteries are full, and you can leave the batteries in the charger as long as they don't remain too long (days not hours). For the price difference, I'd get the charger just because it has a cool Magic-Flight logo.

Signed,
MFLB pusher

pakalolo,

Walter White

So basically a LSD battery takes longer to charge but also takes longer to lose a charge while a HSD battery charges fast but also loses a charge fast? Therefore, 15 minutes chargers are for HSD batteries and multiple hour long chargers are for LSD batteries? It seems like the LSD batteries paired with a slow charger (such as the stock MFLB batteries/charger) would have an overall longer life which is good.

Walter White,

lwien

Walter White said:
So basically a LSD battery takes longer to charge but also takes longer to lose a charge while a HSD battery charges fast but also loses a charge fast? Therefore, 15 minutes chargers are for HSD batteries and multiple hour long chargers are for LSD batteries? It seems like the LSD batteries paired with a slow charger (such as the stock MFLB batteries/charger) would have an overall longer life which is good.

Nope. The LSD's do not take longer to charge.

A 15 minute charger is not really that good for ANY battery.

lwien,

rayski

lwien said:
Walter White said:

Nope. The LSD's do not take longer to charge.

A 15 minute charger is not really that good for ANY battery.
It might take less time if you look at capacity. I think the LSD may have a lower mah. Like filling a 24 gallon gas tank as opposed to 27.

rayski,

NuclearAlchemist

Just received my Launch Box from VapeWorld (thanks Chris!) this Monday.

Overall, I really like this vape. My primary motive for purchasing it was the relatively small trench size in comparison to my Extreme. In that respect, it does not disappoint. I can put a small amount in there very quickly...much more of a personal vape than a 'party' vape like the Extreme.

Additionally, it is significantly more efficient in use than my VaporGenie (of course, that could be in the hands of the user).

I do find that it likes an extremely fine grind; one can either finger-grind preground material or one could use a mortar/pestle to obtain a finer grind than can be obtained from a grinder alone (FYI- I use a Space Case Ti 4-piece). Also, I've found that the MFLB operates much better when the trench is only filled to what appears to be 1/2 - to - 2/3 full.

Happy vaping!

-NA

NuclearAlchemist,

caseball2051

just ordered myself some 2400MAH batteries from thomas distributing.

how fast is their shipping usually? it was quite expensive...

are these OK to be charged with my stock MFLB (2 battery white sanyo) charger?

caseball2051,

Wolface

After many months of use and abuse my 2000mah Eneloops are pretty much toast. I have 4 new ones coming but would also like to try some of the new 2500mah Eneloop XX whenever they are available. Anybody know when?

Wolface,

Wolface

I can't see why different woods would be a problem. The purple days comes in many different kinds of wood.

Wolface,

Desensitzerrr

I just got mine from Puff It Up. I ordered Sunday night, and got it on Wednesday. Keep in mind they crossed the entire US from California to VA in this time, and they gave me the tracking number about an hour after I placed my order at roughly 10 PM EST Sunday. In addition to the standard MFLB accessories, I got a aluminum grinder, which is mediocre but never the less 4 stage and free, and a Spearmint herbal blend for $99 shipped.

I am gonna try Black and Mild Wines immediately after I get out. I think the Spearmint freed up my nose but IDK

Desensitzerrr,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would think, especially after reading the vaporpedia page, that magic flight has put in extensive time and effort picking out the best wood for their vape. While it would be cosmetically nice to have choices, I would never want to sacrifice the ethics they have shown in picking the wood they use.

momofthegoons,

realcoolguy

magicflight said:
In regards to your question about making an adjustable Box, we have an adjustment on the desktop power unit that will allow for hotter (or cooler) operation. These will be available soon.

Soon? I've heard 1-2 months for this.
Is there an official ETA?
How about a price range?

Much love guys.

realcoolguy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
pakalolo,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Desensitzerrr said:
I just got mine from Puff It Up. I ordered Sunday night, and got it on Wednesday. Keep in mind they crossed the entire US from California to VA in this time, and they gave me the tracking number about an hour after I placed my order at roughly 10 PM EST Sunday. In addition to the standard MFLB accessories, I got a aluminum grinder, which is mediocre but never the less 4 stage and free, and a Spearmint herbal blend for $99 shipped

Do you happen to know where to get a "coupon code" for Puff it up? :p I'm debating whether I should order from Puff it up or VapeWorld. Both offer free grinders, however the budbuster from VapeWorld is acrylic and not a 4-stage (at least I don't think so). Also, I found a discount code for VapeWorld which is 10% off, and I believe I'll more than likely require more than just the two batteries provided and unlike VapeWorld I don't see an option where I can order extra batteries.. Maybe i'm just not being very observant!

But I've heard some good things about Puff it up, especially regarding their delivery, and I want it noooooww ^.^

Blackthoven,

rayski

Blackthoven said:
Desensitzerrr said:
I just got mine from Puff It Up. I ordered Sunday night, and got it on Wednesday. Keep in mind they crossed the entire US from California to VA in this time, and they gave me the tracking number about an hour after I placed my order at roughly 10 PM EST Sunday. In addition to the standard MFLB accessories, I got a aluminum grinder, which is mediocre but never the less 4 stage and free, and a Spearmint herbal blend for $99 shipped

Do you happen to know where to get a "coupon code" for Puff it up? :p I'm debating whether I should order from Puff it up or VapeWorld. Both offer free grinders, however the budbuster from VapeWorld is acrylic and not a 4-stage (at least I don't think so). Also, I found a discount code for VapeWorld which is 10% off, and I believe I'll more than likely require more than just the two batteries provided and unlike VapeWorld I don't see an option where I can order extra batteries.. Maybe i'm just not being very observant!

But I've heard some good things about Puff it up, especially regarding their delivery, and I want it noooooww ^.^
Try here:http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

rayski,

Walter White

Can someone confirm that vapestore.com will ship me the newest model available? I'm about to order the MFLB kit with the FC 10% coupon which makes the total $89.10 shipped.

Walter White,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
I think I messed up a battery. Charged the batteries with the charger upside down, and one battery was in their longer than the other. When I went to grab them, the one that was in longer had leaked. Cleaned it up and when I put it in for use it didn't turn the light on.

So I'm following these posts you guys are making about diff. batteries. :)

420Birth,

b-rye

Hey everyone, my first post here, I've been lurking for a little while now trying to figure out what vape to buy and well, I think I've found it. The MFLB seems like it fits my needs perfectly.

I have just one question, about the actual payment for it on BlissSville:
It says you can only pay with a credit card, well I don't have a credit card, I think they're kinda stupid. Can I go out and buy one of those one time use, prepaid visas like from the variety store and use it to buy the MFLB?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, or has been asked before. Once I have it I'll post back with my experiences.:D

b-rye,
Top Bottom