Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks for the links, Lwien. Some interesting information indeed. Actually I'm assuming that it's interesting because I'm a little medicated right now and all the squiggly lines kinda made my head spin.

@pakalolo... Do they still grow Maui Wowie over there? I have fond memories of smoking that shit over there in paradise. You lucky bastard!

Stu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Stu said:
@pakalolo... Do they still grow Maui Wowie over there? I have fond memories of smoking that shit over there in paradise. You lucky bastard!

I believe they do, but I don't touch the stuff while I'm here. For one thing, I think the break is good for me. For another, I'm on foreign soil and if anything happened, I'd probably never be allowed back. Besides, I have a bit of a public profile here to protect.

Being here is intoxicating enough. ;)

pakalolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
pakalolo said:
I believe they do, but I don't touch the stuff while I'm here. For one thing, I think the break is good for me. For another, I'm on foreign soil and if anything happened, I'd probably never be allowed back. Besides, I have a bit of a public profile here to protect.

If you don't touch the stuff while you're there, why did you have batteries to throw away? Do you have a lot of tv remotes there?

Stu,

Desensitizer

I got my old account bank thankfully. Logins and password changes have been weird as hell.

Anyways. I am hitting Tobacco out of the box and the results have been underwhelming. My cigarette bongs absolutely wreck the Tobacco buzz I am getting from the MFLB. Hopefully bud is different. I also may not be hitting it right. Tips?

Desensitizer,

midgetsanchez

Looking forward to getting the power adapter, should be interesting to shift the MFLB functionality from simply a portable vape to one that can be used at home without the need for charged batteries.

I have a volcano for home use, however sometimes I just prefer dragging on the MFLB (very different effect for me, at least).

midgetsanchez,

george

Desensitizer said:
I got my old account bank thankfully. Logins and password changes have been weird as hell.

Anyways. I am hitting Tobacco out of the box and the results have been underwhelming. My cigarette bongs absolutely wreck the Tobacco buzz I am getting from the MFLB. Hopefully bud is different. I also may not be hitting it right. Tips?

Vaping tobacco is not comparable to smoking it, especially not doing tobacco bong hits, in my opinion.

The nicotene DOES get vaporized though. (i'll try to find where i read the vaporization point of nicotene)

george,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Stu said:
pakalolo said:

If you don't touch the stuff while you're there, why did you have batteries to throw away? Do you have a lot of tv remotes there?

Oddly enough I do, but that's not why. I'm here, the batteries are back in Canada--where I also have a lot of TV remotes, but they are all dusty because I love my Logitech Harmony universal.

pakalolo,

CarltonBanks

Just used my LB for the first time in a public indoor environment - bathroom stall at the gym. Everything seemed to go alright. I've learned that exhaling through my nose seems to be more inconspicuous than through my mouth. With so many people wandering by just outside the stall door, however, I only got 3 small hits off. It turned out to be enough to power me through a 60 minute workout though.

Anyone else have any good stories about the first time they used the LB in a public indoor setting where discretion was the top priority?

CarltonBanks,

CarltonBanks

Also, does anyone care to compare the effects they get from the LB to the effect they get from other vapes/methods?

I find the LB produces a slightly more clear-headed high than hitting the old bubbler pipe, which had a slightly cleaner high than the spoon pipe. The LB effect takes longer to peak though. It usually hits me about 5 minutes after my first hit.

CarltonBanks,

tripabl3

Ash057 said:
Hopefully these are on track.... I can't wait!

magicflight said:
B. said:
any word on the plug in power cord for the LB?

We are expecting our first beta run of 800 units to finalize in production on the 11th. They will be available for purchase to active FC members about a week after that, assuming no additional snafu. We expect unit costs to be somewhere in the area of $50 to $60, but will not know until they have cleared the packing system (these have been surprisingly hard to build).

Note: Purchase of the limited Beta run power adapter units will be exclusive to the FC membership. People who have a username on FC and at least one post prior to today's date in this thread will get priority to purchase exactly one power adapter unit (should fit any Box). Once these units are sold out, it will probably be at least another 6 weeks before the finalized production units are available.

I will post updates as the date of release of the Beta power adapters nears.

-- Magic-Flight

I just received my box this week (loving it), and god how I wish I signed up sooner. I've been lurking for awhile, but finally jumped on the vape bandwagon. I hope many of you post up your impression (or sell me yours :D). I mostly smoke at home in the evenings after work, so an adaptor would be ideal for me.

tripabl3,

george

I wonder if the adapter will make the box more user-friendly. :/ I'm assuming since it'll be adjustable that it may...

george,

Desensitizer

george said:
Desensitizer said:

Vaping tobacco is not comparable to smoking it, especially not doing tobacco bong hits, in my opinion.

The nicotene DOES get vaporized though. (i'll try to find where i read the vaporization point of nicotene)
Alright.
But no, not Tobacco bong hits. I am talking about making a home-made bong then pushing/taping a cigarette (Djarum Blacks old-school are the best) into a straw in an airtight manner then using that instead of a bowl and hitting that out of a homemade water bottle bong. It's wild. I will be trying Ganj in like 10 hours.

Desensitizer,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
If you vape tobacco, BE CAREFUL. vaporizing tobacco is MUCH more efficient than smoking tobacco and it is not too hard to overdose.

I think the key to vaporizing discreetly in public is to not take hits bigger than you can handle. Take short 5-6 second hits and ghost them so there is no visible vapour/no odour at all. I've taken a few hits in the back of a car with my parents in the front and my sister in the back right next to me and none of them realized anything lol :lol:

TwztedVaper,

Chronic

Can anyone recommend where to get a replacement mouthpiece please?

I was vaping infront of my computer last night, put it down, next thing i know my mouthpiece has vanished into another dimension... now its just too hot to use without a mouthpiece, imo its too hot even with one as the hot vapor can still make me cough, but its obviously better than burning my lips on the box...

Preferably any stockists in the uk please..

Thanks

EDIT: just bought a bunch of accessories from blissville, long whip that should help with the 'hot vapor cough', an extra normal mouthpiece, a new brush cause i lost that aswell, a pushback ring... and the tin box

I still think that some UK stockists would be a good idea ;)

Chronic,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Chronic said:
now its just too hot to use without a mouthpiece, imo its too hot even with one as it can still make me caough cause of the heat, but its obviously better than burning my lips

Preferably any stockists in the uk please..

Thanks
Haha I lost my extra piece exactly like that too, it just disappeared from my desk. Not that i care coz I only used it when other people wanted to hit my box.. I find it hits real nice in native mode if you get used to it. Why don't you just try inhaling faster when hitting it native? That should cool it down

TwztedVaper,

Chronic

Im gonna have to use it without the mouthpiece tonight anyway, so i'll try perfect the technique, its def more stealth without the mouthpiece :ninja:

It is such a cool little thing, i love it :)

I find its perfect for the first toke of the day, or to just top yourself up throughout the day, to get a light relaxing buzz, but i find if i get home from work & want to get blitzed then only a pipe, joint or the old volcano will do the trick

Chronic,

caseball2051

blissville is probably your best bet for a stock mouthpiece.

I think I recall MF saying that they designed the hole to be straw sized. Some have used aftermarket mouthpieces. I think it was a female member around 10 pages back. (vicki? herbgirl?) I could be misremembering. someone had a chromed up mouthpiece a fwe pages back regardless.

good luck!

caseball2051,

Chronic

I thought of that but wouldnt like to use a straw, it could melt too easily & inhaling plastic or melted plastic on my box is a big nono, i'd like to get a glass mouthpiece, but the whip that blissville sell could do for now, shame they don't have the blisslights in stock i was hoping to pick one up, maybe even a couple with christmas coming up...

Chronic,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
caseball2051 said:
blissville is probably your best bet for a stock mouthpiece.

I think I recall MF saying that they designed the hole to be straw sized. Some have used aftermarket mouthpieces. I think it was a female member around 10 pages back. (vicki? herbgirl?) I could be misremembering. someone had a chromed up mouthpiece a fwe pages back regardless.

good luck!

Yeah, it was Herbgirl. She posted this:

found these stainless steel straws and i think they may make a nice stem to replace the acrylic if the given measurements of 1/4 inch od are accurate, that is. iirc, magicflight (maybe) said a while back in this thread that the box hole will fit a standard sized drinking straw.
lol, they are called "Short Small Child Martini Swizzles"

http://www.amazon.com/STAINLESS-Swizzle pd_sbs_k_9

if they would get too hot, I could use a snippet of the silicone whip tubing on the end of it a la the old proto pipes with the rubber on the end.~

Stu,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, mine just came a couple hours ago. I love the tin box, the logo, etc. It is so polar opposite of my high-techy Extreme Q.

I put in 2 batteries and it took maybe 15 minutes to charge completely. That surprised me, I thought it would take longer. So, I had to go run a few errands, so I load it up with SLH (well, not really "load it", more like grind a TINY amount and place it in the trough, hehe).

When I made my first stop, I figured I would try it. Battery inserted, light went on, vape was visible after a couple of seconds. Hit it and it tasted great. Nothing on exhale, however. So I took a couple more and went inside. At this point I was a bit underwhelmed by the experience. The next stop, I did the same thing, only at first, I couldn't find the battery in my car. It slid off of this spot where I throw loose change and onto the floor. I found it, but then lost my keys. I guess I was feeling something from the previous session.

After a few more hits, again with nothing much on exhale, I finished, took the battery out and threw it back where the loose change is kept. Well, when I came out, I was going to try another one, BUT when I grabbed the battery, it must have been about 400 degrees and burt my fingers! I guess it was because it was laying on the loose change(?) Well, I will not do that again! :o

So, I think I may not know how to hit this correctly yet. The end ABV was certainly vaped of it's goodness, but it just seemed like I never got a GOOD hit. So, those who get this to combust- I can't for the life of me see how that could happen. I don't think mine is hot ENOUGH. But, again, I probably just need to learn it.

Tips? Tricks? Suggestions? Thanks! :peace:

Tstat,

stuey

Tstat said:
Ok, mine just came a couple hours ago. I love the tin box, the logo, etc. It is so polar opposite of my high-techy Extreme Q.

I put in 2 batteries and it took maybe 15 minutes to charge completely. That surprised me, I thought it would take longer. So, I had to go run a few errands, so I load it up with SLH (well, not really "load it", more like grind a TINY amount and place it in the trough, hehe).

When I made my first stop, I figured I would try it. Battery inserted, light went on, vape was visible after a couple of seconds. Hit it and it tasted great. Nothing on exhale, however. So I took a couple more and went inside. At this point I was a bit underwhelmed by the experience. The next stop, I did the same thing, only at first, I couldn't find the battery in my car. It slid off of this spot where I throw loose change and onto the floor. I found it, but then lost my keys. I guess I was feeling something from the previous session.

After a few more hits, again with nothing much on exhale, I finished, took the battery out and threw it back where the loose change is kept. Well, when I came out, I was going to try another one, BUT when I grabbed the battery, it must have been about 400 degrees and burt my fingers! I guess it was because it was laying on the loose change(?) Well, I will not do that again! :o

So, I think I may not know how to hit this correctly yet. The end ABV was certainly vaped of it's goodness, but it just seemed like I never got a GOOD hit. So, those who get this to combust- I can't for the life of me see how that could happen. I don't think mine is hot ENOUGH. But, again, I probably just need to learn it.

Tips? Tricks? Suggestions? Thanks! :peace:

It may not be getting hot enough.

The first thing to do is to inhale slower! The faster you inhale the cooler the temperature.

You really have to draw very slightly on it.

Try that a few times and see how you get on. If thats no good then you may have a faulty box and will need to get a replacement.

There is a bit of a learning curve of the inhaling with the LB

stuey,
Top Bottom