CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Thanks guys!!! I'm seriously considering the MFLB as my next purchase, just because of all the good things I've been hearing about it. I gotta find out what all the fuss is about.

CombustionJunction,

sundaddy

CombustionJunction said:
Thanks guys!!! I'm seriously considering the MFLB as my next purchase, just because of all the good things I've been hearing about it. I gotta find out what all the fuss is about.

NO ONE has ever regretted buying one... you just won't find a post like that.

sundaddy,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
sundaddy said:
CombustionJunction said:

That's exactly why I must have it... LOL

CombustionJunction,

Immune

So I just bought some eneloops and unpeeled and washed em in gasoline and the don't fit snug in the battery like the ones that came with the box! They are a little to small and it falls out if the box is in my pocket or w/e
Any reason why this is happening?

Immune,

wolf torn

washed the battery in gasoline

jesus that sounds dangerous

and not all batts fit perfectly

I prefer them to be loose like the new ones you have

wolf torn,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
max said:
sundaddy said:
Not true. You must have missed spooky's posts. ;)

I would say that i don't regret buying my mflb.. however I never use it. I don't like it. I own it just to own it at this point. It is my least used vape.

DevoTheStrange,

Immune

lowfront said:
washed the battery in gasoline

jesus that sounds dangerous

and not all batts fit perfectly

I prefer them to be loose like the new ones you have

It's not like my hands are fire?

Immune,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
DevoTheStrange said:
max said:
sundaddy said:
Not true. You must have missed spooky's posts. ;)

I would say that i don't regret buying my mflb.. however I never use it. I don't like it. I own it just to own it at this point. It is my least used vape.

why exactly dont you like it ?
When portability is required doesn't it do better than your other vapes ?

audiodelic,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
It just takes too long to use it. I never have the opportunity to use it out in public because of how long it takes. I usually just grab my VG, I can usually sneak off and get in a few hits in less than a minute and be fine.
That and I am a heavy user, so I usually end up with a crapload of dead batteries pretty quick. To me the launch box fills a very limited niche that I am rarely around.

DevoTheStrange,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
DevoTheStrange said:
It just takes too long to use it. I never have the opportunity to use it out in public because of how long it takes. I usually just grab my VG, I can usually sneak off and get in a few hits in less than a minute and be fine.

I'm having trouble figuring out how you use the LB versus the VG. I don't have a VG but I accept that you can get in a hit quickly, even a few hits in less than a minute if you just puff in-puff out and don't hold it. I think that I can match that with the LB, but let's assume the VG is faster. How many seconds faster and how important is that difference? I don't know how it could take longer than 10-15 seconds more at most, but perhaps you use your LB in some way I can't imagine.

For context, I've used my LB in public on numerous occasions. Since the VG requires flame to work, I can flat out guarantee that I've used it without anyone noticing in situations that I would never dare try with a VG--malls and restaurants for example, and other places where you can't smoke. What's your trick for staying discreet? Seems to me holding a lighter to a pipe is bound to get noticed by someone.

Speed, incidentally, rarely is a factor for me.

pakalolo,

reece

I've had to force myself not to use it so much in public. No need to sneak off (within reason, I know some have posted they used it in front of police officers :rolleyes:). No need to be in a rush (generally). That's what's so cool about the stealthiness of it. You're the second person I've seen who says it takes too long (or maybe it was you, Devo, it was a while ago). I haven't found it takes too long. I am also a heavy user and have only four batteries currently (used to have eight). But, of course, too long an heavy user are subjective terms. But maybe you aren't giving it a proper chance? Or maybe it just isn't a good fit for you.

reece,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
it just isnt a proper fit for me...
I've used the MFLB a lot... got down a good method of getting hits. It just does not suite my needs.
as far as using my VG Bat in one minute.... With my usual load I can usually clear the bowl in three huge hits... each hit takes about ten seconds to take, i hold it in for about another ten seconds... But that is if I am in a rush and don't want anyone to know what I am doing.
by the end of the third hit, bowl is nice brown, and I am done and happy. Any hits beyond that is just venturing into combustion.And as far as being discreet, I am not. I am not the kind of person to use out in the open. Usually I will get away for a brief minute or so and when no one is looking I take a hit. I have actually learned how to hold my VG bat and lighter with the same hand while using the other free hand to shield everything from sight and wind. From a distance it looks like I am just lighting a cigarette if you are just glancing at me. Something I could not do with the normal vaporgenie.

I just had another thought. Do you think my perceived length of time of how long the vape process takes with the LB could be affected by my elevation of where I live?

DevoTheStrange,

CarltonBanks

What types of public indoor venues have people used their MFLB in?

Has anyone tried using the LB inside a movie theater? How about in a nightclub or a sports bar?

I use mine indoors at home, in my bedroom, mostly.

CarltonBanks,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
well, I am also wondering if my vapor to air ratio is also different because the air here is thinner so has less molecules in it.

DevoTheStrange,

george

CarltonBanks said:

Has anyone tried using the LB inside a movie theater? How about in a nightclub or a sports bar?

many people say they use it in movie theaters. I went to go see the re-release of Avatar 3d on a weekday, so there were only like 3 other people there. i was hitting my launchbox throughout the movie

george,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
I have been using the popular powerex 2700mah batteries for about a week now and I feel like the box is complete now. My hit quality is better, it heats up quicker, and I used to go through 2-3 stock batteries a day, now I only need one, maybe two. I highly suggest buying them.

CarltonBanks said:

I was visiting my Dad over the weekend and was hitting the box sitting a few feet away from him on the couch. I have used it at the theater, bar, wedding ceremony, even at the DMV.

AgentofChaos,

OC513

Dabaholic
CarltonBanks said:

I have used it at a wide variety of places from some Pearl Jam concerts, many nightclubs, bathroom of McDonalds, fitting rooms at stores, right at my table at restaurants(including Per Se), in the aisles at the supermarket.....my wife goes crazy as I am constantly hitting it when out & about and she cant believe how discreet it is, sometimes she doesnt even realize I hit it until I ask if she noticed ;). Its so damn discreet with a little brains it would be very hard to get caught.

OC513,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Devo: I understand better now, but honestly I don't see how your technique makes much difference in speed between the two.

Re altitude: lower pressure means things vaporize sooner. At around 5000 feet the drop in the vapor point is about 10 degrees. Any vape should start giving up the goodies a bit sooner, but I suspect you already know this. It's true the air is a bit thinner, so I can be convinced your hits are slightly thicker as well, but both these things should get you off slightly faster. More to the point, they also apply to both the LB and VG. I can't think of any altitude effect that would make the LB work more slowly unless you are letting the batteries get chilled. That'd do it for sure, but I don't think that's your issue.

Anyway, please don't think I'm trying to argue with you. I was just curious why you felt the way you did about the LB because that speed comment seemed like an odd criticism.

pakalolo,

2EZ

Yoooo what's up FC, I'm new to the forum.... I just got my MFLB and this little piece of wood is the shit, best thing since sliced bread....but I have a few questions mainly about the batteries and charger...

1. It came with the sanyo "quick" charger, not very quick cause I think it's a 4 hour charger but I was wondering me and a friend had a quick sesh the other day, only one trench, and we both got fairly high...how do I no when that batteries dead and does it have to be completely dead to charge it?

2. How do I no when the batteries are fully charged? And will the charger recongnize that the batteries are fully charged and stop charging them or just trickle charge them?

3. With the sanyo charger can I charge one battery at a time or does it need 2 batteries to begin charging?

4. What if I have one battery that is completely dead and another that I only used for like 5 hits but I want to charge both, will the sanyo charger reconize them as two seperate batteries and not overcharge the one that might be like half full?

Sorry for all the questions I haven't needed to charge my batteries (I have 4 of whatever the box comes with these days?) yet so I haven't experimented withthe sanyo charger and I want to no exactly what I'm doin so I don't damage my batteries.. I hope someone has the sanyo quick charger like me, I can't find any info on it...

2EZ,
Top Bottom