beefsupreme

OC513 said:
edit: is there any special way to peel these Powerex 2700's? any tricks?

Enjoy that badboy! Really liking mine too. To peel the 2700's I just used an exacto knife to gently pry up a piece of seam near the middle of the battery and then sliced it up and down and voila, one peeled battery. You do have to be more careful with them peeled. I keep the batteries in the case that came with it and mark the used batteries by putting them back upside down.

beefsupreme,

wolf torn

OC513 said:

Just tear a slight edge of it and rip it off there is no goo or anything, it comes right off

peel it

wolf torn,

OC513

Dabaholic
beefsupreme said:
OC513 said:

Enjoy that badboy! Really liking mine too. To peel the 2700's I just used an exacto knife to gently pry up a piece of seam near the middle of the battery and then sliced it up and down and voila, one peeled battery. You do have to be more careful with them peeled. I keep the batteries in the case that came with it and mark the used batteries by putting them back upside down.

Thanks........will give it a go over the weekend. I rotate 4 batts and stole some of the womans nailpolish and used a toothpick to number each battery on its side......the nail polish stays put and I can easily keep track of my batts.

OC513,

seafare

So I think it's time to order a MFLB but the sheer volume of posts here is overwhelming still.

Can someone please hit me with links to:

1. Best place to buy the MFLB online?
2. Direct link to a recommended 4-battery fast charger?
3. Direct link to recommended batteries for the current MFLB?
4. Direct link(s) to other essentials for MFLB use?

Sorry to be all pedantic, but I get lost trying to sort out eneloop vs nicathisandthat and peeled vs unpeeled vs Emma Peel as I'm still a newb in this.

seafare,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Chiefer said:
lesvape said:
Again I don't care for the grinder, you think if I ask them they could drop the grinder and lower it 2 bucks?

Why dont you just sell it to a friend or even better give it to someone as a gift. Your allready getting a good discount if u use a coupon propally saving 10+ bucks so dont be getting greedy.
Selling it could work, as most my peeps have no use for one :/

lesvape,

CarltonBanks

Is there any data showing how the vapor content varies - chemically speaking - from hit to hit, for one trench of herb?

Is that even possible to ascertain? I realize that there are a few variables at play here.

I've noticed that the first two hits tend to be very herbal tasting, but more or less invisible, while subsequent hits tend to have less flavor but more visibility.

It would be neat to see how the MFLB compares to other portable vapes in this regard.

CarltonBanks,

cluffy

Vaker
I put this somewhere before, but i like to peel my batteries only down as far as they go into the LB. Then you can easily see which way the battery is inserted. Also helps when you have different brands of batteries for identification.

Unzari, if the light is out how is it working? You got me puzzled...

Max, you're right, cheap is relative. But admit it, when you saw this little wooden box for $100, didn't you think that was a little high??? :-P

What a great feeling though the first time you take a hit off it, mmmmm, money well spent.

cluffy,

stuey

vapirtoo said:
O.K. back to batteries. Just picked up four duracell 2650 mah for 17.00 bucks at walgreens.
They were dead , so I charged them up on the standard sanyo quick charger for the
next 4 hrs. Boy! did they make that trench glow and heat up.
My 5 month old blissville originals do not light up like these new joints. :/
This definitely improves the LB's performance. :o
Now if I'm not careful the herb will turn black quickly.
I can now pull much stronger, quicker on
the thing and get huge rips. :ko: :ko:

Are these thicker than the normal sanyo eneloops?

stuey,

OC513

Dabaholic
So I put my original MF Eneloops thru the Maha C9000 and they came out with charges of 1950 and 1945 mAh.....pretty good considering they are rated at 2000 mAh. They had definitely lost some juice using the included charger......not anymore.....they are hitting like brand new again :ko:. Just put the other 2 on there and hope I get as good an increase in those as well. So far so good with this charger......money well spent. Once my Powerex 2700's finish their Break In mode I will see how those hit as well. Should be a great weekend if we can avoid the hurricane in the Hamptons....last weekend of summer and I have a batch of ABV brownies and some seriously refreshed batts for the LB......time to PARTY :brow:

OC513,

max

Out to lunch
Max, you're right, cheap is relative. But admit it, when you saw this little wooden box for $100, didn't you think that was a little high??? :-P
Since the beta version of the LB was tested here by FC members, the vape and it's price didn't really hit me in the face as it does now that it's been on the market for a while. And compared to other vapes in the low price range, I didn't think it was high. In fact I was pleased to see a quality model in this range. The $100 price point had been a wasteland for quality. And You could make a good argument that all vapes are overpriced, but it's not really fair to compare them to any old commercial product produced by a big company. I recently bought a 12 cup coffee maker from Target for use at work. Not a big name brand (Chefmate), but it works fine and cost me a whopping $7 on sale-marked down from the normal price of $9. I think it's gonna be quite a while before we see 'quality' vapes at bargain prices though. A few big factories in China have made the first move toward affordable prices, but we're still a long way from the assurance of quality and good customer service. As for Magic Flight, they have to make enough profit to stay in business, and a lot of their sales are through dealers other than Blisssville, which means cutting the dealer in on the profit. Considering the outstanding warranty they offer, I think the LB is a great buy, even at the full price of $99.

max,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
cluffy said:
Unzari, if the light is out how is it working? You got me puzzled...

My new Launch Box's light doesn't always work, but it still produces vapor.

Vicki,

vapirtoo

Vicki
No light but you still get vapor? Sometimes the herb blocks the view of the light, but I
don't think that's your problem. Does the pull feel hot when you use it without the stem?
When my light starts to dim, vapor and any high disappear. Sometimes you have to really
press that battery in. Please keep us posted about any changes. I'm curious. :cool:
Looking back in this thread Unzari also has a light out and it seems to still work.

seafare
blissville.com will sell you a LB; they are the main distributors I think. :2c:
Oh yeah I would have liked to see Emma Peel back in the days, but she
might have kicked both our butts :lol:
Can't remember the name of that 60's show.

vapirtoo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
vapirtoo said:
Vicki
No light but you still get vapor? Sometimes the herb blocks the view of the light, but I
don't think that's your problem. Does the pull feel hot when you use it without the stem?
When my light starts to dim, vapor and any high disappear. Sometimes you have to really
press that battery in. Please keep us posted about any changes. I'm curious. :cool:
Looking back in this thread Unzari also has a light out and it seems to still work.

When I originally got my Launch Box, it occurred to me that no light bulb was meant to last forever, not even the light in this box. I decided then that it would be a good idea not to rely on the light, but more on the feel of the vapor, and the box getting hot. I was glad I knew how to do this when the light on the newer LB didn't work properly. :)

I have never used my LB with a stem, only native. The vapor is not blocking the light, the light just doesn't work. I get vapor with no visible light most of the time. Sometimes the light will work, but most of the time it doesn't. I have wondered if my new LB may be running hotter, and draining batteries quicker. I'm really not sure.

Vicki,

sundaddy

I actually think some people believe that the light makes the vapor, like it's a little heating element or something. As for Magic Flight's price, I think it's a bargain... considering customer service and just how ingenious the design and function are.

sundaddy,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vicki said:
Vicki said:
UPS just dropped off my Maha C9000 charger. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm gonna have to use the "break in" mode for a lot of my batteries, so it could take a while to get through all my batteries. :lol:

According to the instructions, under break in mode:

Requires 39 to 45 hours to complete

Ok, here's a quick update. I've only had this charger since last evening, so this will not be a thorough review. I decided to use "break in" mode for all my batteries. They all really need to be brought back to life.

I started with my oldest batteries, the Eneloops. It's not done yet, but it says they are all over 3000 MAH. This is nice because I can actually see the progress of the batteries, and the end result. So far, I like it a lot. :)

Ok, the Eneloops just finished the "break-in" cycle. All the batteries averaged 1975 MAH. Not too bad with 6 months of continuous use. I just started the Ansmann batteries, and hopefully they will be finished sometime tomorrow night, maybe. LOL

Vicki,

vapirtoo

Wow I use the light as a battery check, and I would be lost in the woods without it.
I guess I could tell by the temp. But sometimes eh most times I'm so vaked :ko:
that I'm not sure how fast or slow I'm pulling. I do know that when my batts are really
weak I'm barely pulling and there is very little heat or vapor. Lets hope mine keeps
shining on. :lol:

vapirtoo,

OC513

Dabaholic
Vicki said:
Vicki said:
Vicki said:
UPS just dropped off my Maha C9000 charger. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm gonna have to use the "break in" mode for a lot of my batteries, so it could take a while to get through all my batteries. :lol:

According to the instructions, under break in mode:

Requires 39 to 45 hours to complete

Good to know.....my Eneloops were just a bit lower than yours, 1959 range., after about 5 months of heavy use

Ok, here's a quick update. I've only had this charger since last evening, so this will not be a thorough review. I decided to use "break in" mode for all my batteries. They all really need to be brought back to life.

I started with my oldest batteries, the Eneloops. It's not done yet, but it says they are all over 3000 MAH. This is nice because I can actually see the progress of the batteries, and the end result. So far, I like it a lot. :)

Ok, the Eneloops just finished the "break-in" cycle. All the batteries averaged 1975 MAH. Not too bad with 6 months of continuous use. I just started the Ansmann batteries, and hopefully they will be finished sometime tomorrow night, maybe. LOL

Good to know as my Eneloops finished about the same, 1950 range, after about 5 months of heavy usage. So this charger is working pretty well I would say. I ran mine thru the Analyze & Refresh mode though.

OC513,

appa juice

So im pretty happy with the MFLB with the batteries (unbranded) that came with the box as well as the sanyo quick charger. they seem to heat up fast and very hot! my enercell batteries were a waste of cash though, a sad discovery. They do not evenly produce heat and my trenches were green/black. just bought a lacrosse bc700 charger and thinking about grabbing the powerex's. Does anyone know what mAh the batteries are, and if you can just charge one at a time?

this thing is awesome, thanks magic flight!

appa juice,

OC513

Dabaholic
appa juice said:
So im pretty happy with the MFLB with the batteries (unbranded) that came with the box as well as the sanyo quick charger. they seem to heat up fast and very hot! my enercell batteries were a waste of cash though, a sad discovery. They do not evenly produce heat and my trenches were green/black. just bought a lacrosse bc700 charger and thinking about grabbing the powerex's. Does anyone know what mAh the batteries are, and if you can just charge one at a time?

this thing is awesome, thanks magic flight!
Not sure what batts you received, mine were Eneloops at 2000mAh I believe but I think they changed batts since then. I too have the Sanyo quick charger and yes you can charge one batt at a time.

OC513,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The white sanyo charger they were sending out in kits allows you to charge one battery or two.

The Powerex I bought with my new charger were 2700 mah. The originals I had 2000 or 2100 I think.

Lo,

appa juice

Lo said:
The white sanyo charger they were sending out in kits allows you to charge one battery or two.

The Powerex I bought with my new charger were 2700 mah. The originals I had 2000 or 2100 I think.

then a quick estimation of mine would probably be that the enercell batteries charged with their stock charger fluctuate from around 1400-1800. i wasn't getting good vibes from them but i think it was the charger...we will see. can i revive the batteries on the bc700?

appa juice,

max

Out to lunch
my enercell batteries were a waste of cash though, a sad discovery. They do not evenly produce heat and my trenches were green/black. just bought a lacrosse bc700 charger and thinking about grabbing the powerex's. Does anyone know what mAh the batteries are, and if you can just charge one at a time?
That may be why MF says not to buy Radio Shack bats. Most chargers, even the ones that'll do 4 bats, require you to charge 2 or 4 at a time. The MAHA MH-C401FS, and C9000, are two models that will charge one bat at a time. Don't know about other brands.

MF ships low discharge bats with the vape. They don't have quite as much capacity, but they hold a charge a lot longer while sitting unused. MAHA now has Powerex low discharge bats rated at 2400mAh- http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7 Their regular bats are 2700mAh.

max,

MichMartin

As an additional benefit this technology increases the electrical capacity of the battery and reduces the internal resistance, which allows higher discharge currents than older NiMH Batteries.

These are gonna be the new black :p

Are they going to run the box hotter?

MichMartin,

unzari

vapirtoo said:
Vicki

seafare
blissville.com will sell you a LB; they are the main distributors I think. :2c:
Oh yeah I would have liked to see Emma Peel back in the days, but she
might have kicked both our butts :lol:
Can't remember the name of that 60's show.

Yes, mine still works, although I have to be honest: I miss the light. I've been advised that the light is just a cosmetic element, and I mine wont be replaced due to no light. But you are absolutely right, w/o the wee light back there I DO find it more difficult to gauge just how weak my batts are.

I wish I could get it replaced, but no such luck. I'm not trying to flame anyone or anything, but I have my opinion on this issue, and I'll leave it unsaid. As for the facts, they're above.

unzari,
Top Bottom