OC513

Dabaholic
Vicki said:
beefsupreme said:
Vicki said:
When I originally got my Launch Box, it occurred to me that no light bulb was meant to last forever, not even the light in this box. I decided then that it would be a good idea not to rely on the light, but more on the feel of the vapor, and the box getting hot. I was glad I knew how to do this when the light on the newer LB didn't work properly. :) .

Came to post on that problem and theres already lots of answers .. thanks all. It does seem to work normally when the lights flickers off after a few seconds. I originally wondered if it was a battery problem.. glad its not. I've just started trying the box natively after using the stem a few weeks. its a bit hotter but isn't bad. the wood has a nice texture to it also :)

Good to know it's not an isolated problem.

I think my new 2700 MAH Powerex batteries might have been damaged by my old Powerex charger. After a break in cycle in the C9000 charger, they all only averaged 2300-2500 MAH. :(

I guess I'll have to throw out the old charger. I hate wasting money, darnit. :(

This is the old charger I was using. http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7
Vicki most batteries are over rated by the manufacturer, most will always come up a bit shorter than what the labels state. When they were new did you ever get a 2700 reading from the C9000 with these same batteries?

OC513,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
max said:
Vicki said:
I guess I'll have to throw out the old charger. I hate wasting money, darnit.
It has a one yr. warranty Vicki. If you got it from Thomas Dist., I would think they'd take care of it for you.

I did get it from Thomas, but I can't find the receipt now.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OC513 said:
Vicki said:
beefsupreme said:
Came to post on that problem and theres already lots of answers .. thanks all. It does seem to work normally when the lights flickers off after a few seconds. I originally wondered if it was a battery problem.. glad its not. I've just started trying the box natively after using the stem a few weeks. its a bit hotter but isn't bad. the wood has a nice texture to it also :)

I think my new 2700 MAH Powerex batteries might have been damaged by my old Powerex charger. After a break in cycle in the C9000 charger, they all only averaged 2300-2500 MAH. :(

I guess I'll have to throw out the old charger. I hate wasting money, darnit. :(

This is the old charger I was using. http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

Vicki most batteries are over rated by the manufacturer, most will always come up a bit shorter than what the labels state. When they were new did you ever get a 2700 reading from the C9000 with these same batteries?

How much is a "bit shorter?" I just got the C9000 charger a week ago, so I never charged the 2700 MAH batteries until recently.

Vicki,

vapirtoo

Mr. nosmoke
finally got your three LBs :brow: and you are already dialed in pretty much. cool
Keep us posted as you travel the sacred path, oh paduwan, towards LB mastery. :D :D

vapirtoo,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
I ordered Aug 21 from puffitup. Arrived Sept 8. Took a while.

So that little hole on the back is for extra air flow?

Im getting better hits each time I use it still. I find I increase my draw rate a tiny bit for each hit. I get the biggest hits near the end, but they taste the worst, and i cut it off once the taste is overwhelming. Im still a ways from combustion though, although when i was first practicing i think i may have singed a few pieces in the corner. It got real hot on my tounge for a sec and i'd let the battery out. Now i find i keep the battery in the whole hit, and with the right draw rate the vape keeps flowing. Sorry to hear about your batts vicki

Mr. Smoke No More,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Sorry to hear about your batts vicki

Thanks. :)

I'll just have to deal with the batteries I have now for a while. They still work fine. I want to get as much out of them as I can.

Vicki,

OC513

Dabaholic
Vicki said:
OC513 said:
Vicki said:

How much is a "bit shorter?" I just got the C9000 charger a week ago, so I never charged the 2700 MAH batteries until recently.
Vicki,
I got my C9000 a day after you I believe. I did the break in mode on my Powerex's and all 4 came in just a bit over 2500......from about 2505-2550.......not not a one of them came in at 2700. Before buying my C9000 I did ALOT of reading on batteries and chargers and everything I read said that batteries could be off as much as 20% from what the manufacturer states but about 10% is the norm. So I dont think your older charger did anything wrong.....I think your batteries are probably fine. :2c:

OC513,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OC513 said:
Vicki said:
OC513 said:

Vicki,
I got my C9000 a day after you I believe. I did the break in mode on my Powerex's and all 4 came in just a bit over 2500......from about 2505-2550.......not not a one of them came in at 2700. Before buying my C9000 I did ALOT of reading on batteries and chargers and everything I read said that batteries could be off as much as 20% from what the manufacturer states but about 10% is the norm. So I dont think your older charger did anything wrong.....I think your batteries are probably fine. :2c:

The reason I am concerned is because batteries would get extremely hot while charging in the old charger. Too hot to hold in your hand hot.

Vicki,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Received my MFLB. What a neat little device. Its vaping pressed hash quite well. This is crazy efficient, hash trenches are sending me to the moon:ko:.After every session i just ust the brush to clean it up.A device that does what it claims consistently without the many precursors(wind,lighter,learning curve) like the VG. They kept the design basic and functional.

Deciding which to buy Powerex C9000 or C801D. Leaning towards the C801D as it has 8 slots and i can charge double the amount of batteries in the same time. what do you guys any major differences between the two chargers?

Going to amsterdam and i definitely plan to carry my MFLB along with a bunch of batteries ..... cant wait to try some ice o later hash with 35% to 50% THC + all the beautiful strains.

audiodelic,

OC513

Dabaholic
Vicki said:
OC513 said:
Vicki said:
Vicki,

The reason I am concerned is because batteries would get extremely hot while charging in the old charger. Too hot to hold in your hand hot.
Well from everything I have read that is bad. Maybe it is the charger. I think even at 2300 or so those batts are fine......my original MF batteries(2000mAh Eneloops I believe) charge to between 1800-1900 but they still work fine in the box.

OC513,

stuey

I'm after some stronger batteries.

What would people recommend?

I dont want any battery that is thicker than the standard eneloops, just a higher current rating.

Thanks

stuey,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
stuey said:

I dont want any battery that is thicker than the standard eneloops, just a higher current rating.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean, higher mAh? You can't get a stronger current, just longer battery life.

pakalolo,

No Smoking!

I've researched the 3000mah batteries and they all seem to be cheap chinese manufactured crap that come in at 1550-1600 - about half of their advertised rating

No Smoking!,

evilferret

Wow this thread is way too long, I'm looking to order my 2nd MFLB! I love it and need a spare just in case now.

I ordered one of the early ones from Blissville. When I was ordering the other carriers weren't supplying the extras and wondering if that issue was resolved?

I know I can use FC coupons to get it from one of the other dealers now for a few bucks off but is it the new edition with accessories?

Thaks

Also to Devo. I must order one of those VG bats. I know what you're talking about. I only seem to find pain relief when I get close to combustion. Currently looking for a indoor PV that goes as close to 500 degrees as possible. With the LB it takes a long time to get to the pain relief/couch lock.

MFLB is definitely my go to vape on the go though (even at home when I'm wandering around, this plus my WZ has definitely got my efficiency up but yet again it takes me too long to get to the pain relief/couch lock). This is fine on normal days but when I have ulcer flair ups I want something to get me there quick.

This isn't stopping me from ordering my 2nd MFLB.

Blah still reading the thread but whats all the hub bub about using different batteries? Aside life span? Also does anybody know what the stock charger/bats the old gen/new gen has?

evilferret,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stuey said:
Thanks

You must be fucking joking, this whole thread is full of battery and charger recommendations, did you bother to read any of it?

evilferret said:
I only seem to find pain relief when I get close to combustion. Currently looking for a indoor PV that goes as close to 500 degrees as possible. With the LB it takes a long time to get to the pain relief/couch lock.

The LB can reach 500f, the real trick for what you want is to let it pre heat long enough before hitting it. With a fresh finely ground trench and a fully charged battery, put the battery in for at least 6 seconds or until just before combustion to give the box a chance to get to 500f before the air coming in from your hit starts to cool it.

Without a long enough pre heat it is hard to get to and hold the higher temps. Pre heat each subsequent hit also.

DeepFried,

sundaddy

Yes, I bet in retrospect the mods wish the threads would have been split into MFLB and batteries for the MFLB threads. Without the battery talk, this thread would be half as long. The typical first post is..."Wow, this thing is really small, what are the best batteries to get, I think I burnt my herb, is it ok if the screen has discoloration?" :lol:

sundaddy,

vapirtoo

I'm currently :lol: using duracell 2650mah that seem strong and consistent.
These batts are on sale at all the discount online spots for about $12 bucks
for a four pack. They are made in japan and seem bulletproof so far.
( Only had them for a week, but they recharge really well. ) :2c:

Hey folks,
has magic-flight commented on the lights going out in the box. I've used mine every day
since last march and my light is still working. I hope it stays that way. :/

vapirtoo,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
CombustionJunction said:
Here's a question from an idiot...

Why not just buy the batteries that come with the MFLB?

That is a good question and what I plan to do... I love the charger and batteries that came with mine and plan to buy somemore of their Batteries.. They fit real tight and work really good..

Kuroth1,
Top Bottom