momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
vood, if you dip just the tip of the pipe cleaner in some iso, then push the whole thing through the stem, it cleans it very nicely. The iso on the tip breaks down the resin and the dry end removes the moisture.

momofthegoons,

hydrophilic

Picked up a MFLB yesterday at the Fitter on Boulder. Very happy with it, seems to vape a little hot though but I just gotta figure out the best way to use it. I'm gonna be able to vape in class now, especially in the back of bigger lecture halls. Cheeeea!

hydrophilic,

GreenLeaf

Wolface said:
Is the power adapter still in the works? I haven't heard much about it lately.
I was wondering the same thing? I hope they come out with it soon or have a beta version of it.

GreenLeaf,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I just twist a paper towel up (dry) and run it through to clean the stem. I do it about every 3 days or so. I did use iso the first time but it did not work any better than a dry towel. Is iso supposed to be bad for acrylic?

JDSupreme,

Zot

Vaping Phool
hydrophilic said:
Picked up a MFLB yesterday at the Fitter on Boulder. Very happy with it, seems to vape a little hot though but I just gotta figure out the best way to use it. I'm gonna be able to vape in class now, especially in the back of bigger lecture halls. Cheeeea!
Most people feel that the LB runs a little hot for the first few days. The combo of the LB mellowing and your technique improving with practice will only make it better. The new battery push-back safety ring makes it even more stealthy, since you can do everything one handed now. :ninja: Don't press the envelope too much though; it's easy to get too cocky with it. I don't look forward to the day when it's so common place that people easily recognize the 'Launch Box Fist' LOL.

Zot,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
just a quick question about puffitup, do they offer free shipping even to canada? and it currently says the launch box is out of stock with them, whats the deal there? Do they sell the latest version of the LB? (maybe this is why they are out of stock, upgrading?) does the FC-1 discount code still work for the LB, getting mixed messages on the retailer thread. Thanks guys and gals

Mr. Smoke No More,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
vood said:
I also am hoping for glass or steel because you cannot even use isopropyl alcohol to clean acrylic..and it does get dirty. Pipe cleaners can only do so much.
Just take a q-tip and rip off some of the cotton on both ends so that the ends can fit into the stem. Then dip one end in iso and push it back and forth through the stem while the stem is not attached to the box. Then use the dry end of the q-tip and push it back and forth through the stem to dry it. Put your stem back in and hit that thing hard!

DeepFried,

ReevesAve

I have a question about hits per trench. If i take hits on the smaller end, 10-20 seconds max, as opposed to largers 30 to 1 min hits, how many hits should i be getting from the launch box?

It seems like everyone says 10-12, but sometimes it seems i can get more than that even on a trench packed lightly. I do vape until it's a fair shade of brown though. Is this on par with you experience guys?

ReevesAve,

chucku

Charles Urbane
DeepFried said:
vood said:
I also am hoping for glass or steel because you cannot even use isopropyl alcohol to clean acrylic..and it does get dirty. Pipe cleaners can only do so much.
Just take a q-tip and rip off some of the cotton on both ends so that the ends can fit into the stem. Then dip one end in iso and push it back and forth through the stem while the stem is not attached to the box. Then use the dry end of the q-tip and push it back and forth through the stem to dry it. Put your stem back in and hit that thing hard!
Ream and Clean pipe cleaners. You can get at Walgreens (at least) have bristles and are stiffer than regular pipe cleaners. Dip one end in everclear and push through the stem with a twisting motion. Makes the stem like new.

chucku,

vood

Thanks for the input guys. I still want a stronger stem regardless! :D

ReevesAve said:
I have a question about hits per trench. If i take hits on the smaller end, 10-20 seconds max, as opposed to largers 30 to 1 min hits, how many hits should i be getting from the launch box?

It seems like everyone says 10-12, but sometimes it seems i can get more than that even on a trench packed lightly. I do vape until it's a fair shade of brown though. Is this on par with you experience guys?
I fill mine 1/3 of a trench, and with a fresh battery I can get 4 hits out of a trench, for about 2 to 3 trenches, depending on how hot I run it. I tend to have a very sporadic method of use since it varies on how high I am trying to get and the potency of what I am vaporizing. For a full trench, vaporizing until brown, I would say you should get about 9 to 10 decent hits off of a fresh battery, certainly not 30 seconds to one minute though. If you are taking hits longer than 15 seconds, you should check your technique and breathe in slower. That long isn't necessary at all.

vood,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
I'm pretty sure the charger I got with the box is defective :( it always overheats my batteries, regardless of whether I put them both in discharged or half full or anything. They literally get so hot that I gotta wait like 10-15 mins before I can take em off so obviously my batteries I got with the box are getting ruined too.. should I try getting a replacement charger and batts to see if it works better?

The charger I got is that silver one with the blue LCD and 4 slots.. I think it's not charging them completely either. Does anyone else have this charger and is it working fine for you? If it is I might try getting a replacement then and hold off until the power adapter comes out and buy that :) I don't wanna blow $60 on a MAHA and then have the power adapter come out a while later haha, that would blow.

:ninja:

EDIT: anyone using the Maha C204 btw?

@Martin: thanks, catchin up on this thread now while takin a couple of hits :D

TwztedVaper,

MichMartin

Lots of charge suggestions in this thread. Just go a few pages back.

I got my mflb yesterday. I already love it.
Got the whip too and it's really cool.
Ordered a good charger and a few new batteries a couple of days ago.

MichMartin,

Trakteur

Can anybody please brief me on that power adapter thing? It's been some posts I see it mentionned and I wonder what magicflight said about that.

I am in the same situation as TwztedElegance, I think that my charger (same one as him) isn't working properly and I am planning on replacing it...

Trakteur,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
@TwztedElegance: When i mailed blissville they said the 220v version is the 2 slot charger, so please check if your charger is rated for 220v.

In Pune are you regularly vaporizing weed or hash ?

audiodelic,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
How does the launch box function at low temps, like -25C? Anyone have any experience with this? I found a couple posts searching, but kinda mixxed opinions on how it affects the batteries.

Edit: Guess i'll fing out, just ordered 3 from puffitup.

Mr. Smoke No More,

vood

KaiserChillum said:
i wonder why the 5v isn't damaging the track pad given that AA ususally run @ 1.25-1.5v
It's still a low mA power source, and capacitor/resistor tolerances would likely keep it from really getting any damage.

vood,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Lo said:
Well I broke down and ordered the fancy C9000 charger and some Powerex batts.

I found a 5% coupon code online for Thomas Dist too if anyone is ready to order: GCNE561

Looking forward to seeing how it compares :)
I think I am going to go ahead and get the C9000 charger also this Friday. I hope the code still works. How do you like the C9000 charger? Are your batteries working better now?

Vicki,

crats

I can't add any more than the rest of you on the usefullness of the Box. I picked mine up on a trip to the US recently. As I was returning home, I had contact with a lonely TSA agent, a retired deputy sheriff, at the airport. I approached him and started a discussion. I asked "I notice all the signs in the airport say 'No Smoking.' What about vaporizing?" He had no clue as to what I was talking about.

I explained the process of vaporazation over combustiive smoking, different temps, different chemical reactions to vaporizing and the fact that it produced no visible smoke nor odor. I then took my brand new MF out of my bag and handed it to him to look at. Remember, it was brand new, never been used.

He took it. Looked it over and was amazed. He said that the airports would have a problem when the public found out about these things. I told him, "they already know!" And had to chuckle. He asked me if I smoked tobacco. I said yes, as if there wasn't anything else to smoke. He asked me to put a pinch of tobacco in it, go over about 10 feet from him, sit down and use it while he watched (INSIDE the terminal). No problem, just following orders, officer. I vaped a ciggie in front of him and when I finished, he agreed that there was no visible smoke and no lingering smoke odor. We both had a chuckle at that point.

I gave him enough of an education to continue. He said he'd bring it up at their next staff meeting. So, I have TSA verification that it can be used INSIDE an airport W/O notice. That's not "permission" but it's a start!

crats,

stuey

TwztedElegance said:
Haha that's pretty cool but probably shouldn't have shown it to him man :p
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Right now people don't really know about vapes especially portable vapes so they dont really know what to look out for.

In the fullness of time the general population will become more informed as to vaping and thus be better at spotting people using vapes in public.

I dont really see much sense in showing the vape to non-stoners. All you are doing is shortening the honeymoon period we are currently on where we have something that most people couldnt identify.

stuey,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I really doubt what crats did will make any difference in the long run. The Toronto Hemp Expo last month resulted in plenty of newspaper and magazine articles as well as TV coverage. Lots of people here are now vaporizer-aware. There are plans to hold events like this annually in every major city in North America, so I can't see obscurity lasting much longer whether crats showed his LB to a TSA guy or not.

The LB is the only vaporizer that is quiet and can be hidden in one hand. Even if the LB becomes well known, it is small enough to hit in public with the same sort of innocent gesture you see people make every day: covering a yawn, for example, or a cough, or just resting your chin on your hand. As I have said before, I can't see any amount of publicity making people suspicious every time a hand covers a mouth for a few seconds.

Edited s/on North America/in North America/ because I'm anal.

pakalolo,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Oh, I don't care about the regular public knowing about it, it's not like they're gonna care enough to do anything. I just don't think it's gonna do any good having cops know how to recognize the launch box. idk, I just see no point publicizing it beyond what is necessary. I'm all for showing it to other friends who might be possible buyers, but for everyone else it's probably best to keep it on the DL, just like your use of the herb.

That's not "permission" but it's a start!
It's a start for them to realize what it is and how to recognize it. Plus, why would anyone vape at an airport anyway. That's just asking for trouble.

I'm still amazed at how easy it is to use the box though. I had no trouble explaining the method to any friends that tried it either, and most of them got baked off of 2 hits.. it's just plain fucking beautiful :)

@audiodelic: the charger is rated for 100-240V so it should work fine here. i'm pretty sure the one i got was defective. i've emailed blissSville regarding that and a small problem I had with the box (loose corner causing herb to get below the screen). i mostly just vape bud but i tried some dry hash crumbled up and it worked perfectly fine

TwztedVaper,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
vood said:
... I really do hope they release a stainless steel stem or glass stem soon...
We are working on that -- will let you know as soon as we have one.

Edit: Also, for those who are asking, we are expecting to have the power adapter fairly soon -- we are expecting to have alpha test versions of the production prototypes by the end of next week. It will not be long after that for beta testing. Release is usually about a month later.

vood said:
My charger was one of the transition ones with the usb port and it is defective...
We did have a number of customers report problems with that charger. It is eligible for warranty -- please contact us via email.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
Top Bottom