magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
TwztedElegance said:
... the charger ... overheats my batteries ... they literally get so hot that I gotta wait like 10-15 mins before I can take em off ...
Hi,

Yes, something is wrong if your batteries are getting that hot. Please contact us via email for warranty support for the charger.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Just turned in my box for a warranty one because i had the trench curling issue and it arrived here in MD in just three days! The push back ring is clever and makes the box even more user friendly than it was before.
I ordered a few stems and whips and they were kind enough to ship them with my replacement box at no extra cost.
now THAT'S service! keep up the good work!
I am looking forward to the stainless or glass stem and especially the power adapter.
MFLB ROCKS!

herbgirl,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
magicflight said:
Edit: Also, for those who are asking, we are expecting to have the power adapter fairly soon -- we are expecting to have alpha test versions of the production prototypes by the end of next week. It will not be long after that for beta testing. Release is usually about a month later.
-- Magic-Flight
How can a person get involved in beta testing the power adapter?

Vicki,

flanman

Vicki said:
magicflight said:
Edit: Also, for those who are asking, we are expecting to have the power adapter fairly soon -- we are expecting to have alpha test versions of the production prototypes by the end of next week. It will not be long after that for beta testing. Release is usually about a month later.
-- Magic-Flight
i was wondering the same exact thing :brow:

flanman,

collegerower

Vicki said:
magicflight said:
-- Magic-Flight
Add me to that list!

collegerower,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
KaiserChillum said:
Yes! Good thought - there is something to that - Connecting to the inside (positive) wire is pretty easy.

dowel1.jpg

Because the negative wire curls around the battery - it is a bit harder to connect (snugly). You can create a MagicDock to hold the impostor battery in place. Connect the negative by screwing in a hard aluminum coil and connect it to the back of your MagicFlight.

dowel2.jpg

The positive flow is broken by that switch - pushing it down sends the flow of energy to MagicFlight (and it works very well) - No more removing labels!

dowel3.jpg

Unfortunately, that didn't compare to a normal inexpensive flashlight. Remove the light - and replace the small plastic ring for a wooden one. Grab the positive and negative flows and push them into single conductor high-heat wire and wrap that around the MagicFlight's positive and negative wires. This has worked trench after trench. The flashlight gets hot, but there is nothing in it to melt - If I explode, you will know why! :p

:tinfoil:

If you want a simpler solution to the "label-removing-negative-connection" issue, take a small piece of wood (like the tea thermometers from Starbucks) and place an aluminum wire through it. Tighten it to the back of your battery. Next, use a bridge wire to connect to MagicFlight's negative - no more removing labels. This works well, but it really needs a true heat resistant "connection" part to make sure the negative connects snugly.

dowel4.jpg

Solar powered flashlights (this one is 3.99) seem to stream 1.2v from the solar panel when pointed at the sun and 3v from the battery when charged. The storage isn't 2700mah, but there might be something to combining these and using a discharged rechargeable as the connector - something like that...

dowel5.jpg

magiclight,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
collegerower said:
Vicki said:
magicflight said:
-- Magic-Flight
Add me to that list!
2nd that MF! I got beta testing on my resume :)

JDSupreme,

george

MagicLight!! Amazing me once again!

Andd, i'm really happy to hear the power adapter is coming up within a couple months. Thats just when ill need it.

george,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
@MAGICFLIGHT: I hope the upcoming power adapter will have 110v/220v dual voltage function for us peeps in a different part of the world

audiodelic,

MichMartin

My whip is really starting to smell. I've only used it one night, a couple of trenches.
I washed it with iso but it still smells.
Anyone got a good way of cleaning this thing?

OKay it really smells. It smells so bad my dad could smell it yesterday.

MichMartin,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
MichMartin said:
My whip is really starting to smell. I've only used it one night, a couple of trenches.

OKay it really smells. It smells so bad my dad could smell it yesterday.
Are you using hash?

magiclight,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
And, when you say it smells bad, how do you mean? Strong herb smell, plastic smell, rotten smell.....

I have one of the LB whips and have never had a smell issue, even after multiple uses. It could be the strain of herb you are using....?

momofthegoons,

guster92

hey guys, after accidently finding out about MF and reading all the unanimously positive reviews i couldnt resist and had to order one. oh and magicflights customer service is pretty amazing too. i ordered it with extra batteries and caps from vapeworld and i was wondering if anybody had any other tips fpr a MFLB and general vaping first timer? and does the magic flight warranty cover confiscation? thx!

guster92,

hereatlast

Walked into a headshop in Manhattan (asking for directions) and almost bought a MFLB but went with some glass instead. Definitely gonna grab one in the next couple weeks, read through a lot of this thread and used my buddy's a few times. It will be great to have a portable alternative.

guster I can't imagine the warranty covers confiscation as the user must accept some risk when buying/using the product.

hereatlast,

max

Out to lunch
You should enjoy it guster. Keep in mind that it IS (unlike most quality vapes) conduction, so you'll need to keep your herb exposed to the screen as you go through a bowl/trench. You'll also need to watch your temp, since the longer the battery makes contact, the hotter your temp will get. It can deliver some potent hits-ones you can feel, but if you're looking to conserve your supply, I've found it works best with small loads, where you 'wait for the effect' rather than feeling the hit and seeing a lof of exhaled vapor. Keep your draw nice and easy too, since a hard draw pulls in a lot of cold air, lowering your vaping temp.

does the magic flight warranty cover confiscation
I can't speak for MF, but it already has the best warranty on the market. I wouldn't expect them to cover theft, whether it's lawful or not.

max,

steven22

this seems like a long shot but,

Im not sure if MF is taking people for beta testing of the power adapter

if you are, id like to submit myself to the list of candidates.

Im a strict vaporizer, with 3 different units.... had the MF for few months and love it.... I vape atleast 3 times a day with the MF.

steven22,

MichMartin

magiclight said:
MichMartin said:

Okay it really smells. It smells so bad my dad could smell it yesterday.
Are you using hash?
No. I am using weed. It's mostly mids.

momofthegoons said:
And, when you say it smells bad, how do you mean? Strong herb smell, plastic smell, rotten smell.....

I have one of the LB whips and have never had a smell issue, even after multiple uses. It could be the strain of herb you are using....?
It smells kinda burnt or like really brown abv.
But it is really strong. It stunk up my whole room yesterday.
I think I have combusted while using the whip. Seems the most logical.
The abv is not burnt, but kinda black around the edges. Green center and black around the edges.
I've seen people write on here that the mflb runs hot the first few days, and I only had it like two days.

MichMartin,

steven22

Has anybody experienced any issues with the mouth piece hole getting worn out?...

I only use the LB with the stem, I dont like going native, as it gets too hot on my lips and the stem cools it down nicer.

---

I hope i can explain this.... but in the hole, there is (half a hole) of wood on the bottom half which blocks the stem from going through and hitting the screen right?...

it might be my eyes, but that half a hole of wood seems to be getting worn down from constant insertion of the stem? from what i see, that stop (wood) is getting worn in a downward slope, top to bottom.
kind of like the stem hits the wood, and starts pushing itself up gradually.

im not an engineer, does this sound plausible?... will it eventually give out and make me stab my trench with the stem?

Iv always tried to use the unit with care... and I would like to make this last cause i dont want to get a replacement unless i absolutely have to. this particular box has sentimental value.

steven22,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
@steven22: yea i know what you're talkin about, kinda like that little ridge which stops the stem from going completely inside is getting chipped at right?

TwztedVaper,

steven22

TwztedElegance said:
@steven22: yea i know what you're talkin about, kinda like that little ridge which stops the stem from going completely inside is getting chipped at right?
yup!... slightly getting chipped on the top where all the gunk is.... and showing wear in a sloping manner.

steven22,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
steven22 said:
Has anybody experienced any issues with the mouth piece hole getting worn out?...

I only use the LB with the stem, I dont like going native, as it gets too hot on my lips and the stem cools it down nicer.

---

I hope i can explain this.... but in the hole, there is (half a hole) of wood on the bottom half which blocks the stem from going through and hitting the screen right?...

it might be my eyes, but that half a hole of wood seems to be getting worn down from constant insertion of the stem? from what i see, that stop (wood) is getting worn in a downward slope, top to bottom.
kind of like the stem hits the wood, and starts pushing itself up gradually.

im not an engineer, does this sound plausible?... will it eventually give out and make me stab my trench with the stem?

Iv always tried to use the unit with care... and I would like to make this last cause i dont want to get a replacement unless i absolutely have to. this particular box has sentimental value.
I can see the start of what you are talking about on mine. I use the stem all the time!

JDSupreme,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
@steven22: why do you need to remove the stem so many times?, if you are using the long stem try cutting it in half and leaving the stem attached all the time except to clean it.

Or order a whip from MagicFlight and it comes with 2 short stems.

Also don't force the stem in so hard, it is going upwards because of the bevel cut into the stem to make it easy to initially insert into the hole.

DeepFried,

wolf torn

will the power adapter just replicate a battery?

or is there a way to control the power to the point of having maybe temp control in some way?

wolf torn,

flanman

Mr. Smoke No More said:
How does the launch box function at low temps, like -25C? Anyone have any experience with this? I found a couple posts searching, but kinda mixxed opinions on how it affects the batteries.

Edit: Guess i'll fing out, just ordered 3 from puffitup.
i tried it in a walk in freezer at work (around -10F) and gave it a quick rip and it seemed to have worked fine. not sure how well it'll work once the unit gets down to that temperature but from room temp to -10 it worked well.

flanman,
Top Bottom