VivaSativa

Got my replacement batts today (huge thanks to MF for applying the warranty on the batteries I bought from Blisssville a year ago, after I ruined them gradually with the USB charger).
As I expected, I'm falling back inlove with the Box :D
It makes SUCH a huge difference if you're using weak batteries or good batteries.
This is actually the 3rd set of batteries I've tried: I got 4 Tenergy when I bought the LB, some months later 4 GP 2700 batts, and now got the Imedeon 2400 LSD. All 3 had great fit with my LB, these Imedeons are a bit less snug (MF warned me about this, seeing as I have an old Box) but it's still almost perfect. Being LSD is great as you can use them immediately and feel their full capacity, opposed to the regular NiMH batts that would probably lose some juice in the week it took to arrive.
It's funny how you don't really feel the batteries degrading because it's so gradual, but after about four months of battery usage I felt 'I just don't get as high from the LB as I used to', and realized it's time for new batts.
I actually held off introducing the LB to a few of my friends while waiting for the new batts to arrive, defintely a wise choice as the difference is huge.
If anyone has a cheap charger and feels the Box losing its magic, try new batteries (and/or a better charger, personally I rather spend that money on the upcoming power adapter :2c: ).

VivaSativa,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I agree 100%. I just picked up new batteries this week, and the difference is night and day. I have only been using ONE battery a day, and getting several trenches a day! I'm really shocked!

Vicki,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well I broke down and ordered the fancy C9000 charger and some Powerex batts.

I found a 5% coupon code online for Thomas Dist too if anyone is ready to order: GCNE561

Looking forward to seeing how it compares :)

Lo,

Zot

Vaping Phool
My wife's LaunchBox developed the dreaded 'screen separation', and material was finding its way into the lower compartment under the trench. I emailed MF customer service yesterday morning, and was given simple instructions on how to proceed. I also wanted to get some additional custom sized rubber bands, as well as the new battery pushback ring for my own LB. I just received word (next day!) that my shipment is on its' way! :D

MF made it easy for me to add my little order onto the warranty replacement LB shipment so I wouldn't have to pay the standard shipping which was more then I was purchasing. Now *that's* customer service!

Question:
I was gifted a small amount of hash recently; I'm thinking about trying it in the old LB that's useless for ground material now. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I know that MF does not recommend the LB for this, as it apparently can gum up the screen. Would a small foil bed under the hash help to prevent that, and still allow for sufficient heating?

Zot,

Trakteur

Lo said:

I found a 5% coupon code online for Thomas Dist too if anyone is ready to order: GCNE561

I'd like to buy that charger too, but shipping to Canada if I buy from Thomas Distributing is $19 :(.

Does anyone have a website to suggest for Canadian people? Thank you so much!

Trakteur,

Trakteur

It is exactly the one I received with my Launch Box (ordered from vapeworld.com). I am thinking of replacing it because it doesn't seem to charge my batteries to 100%. When the LCD screen shows that the batteries are full, I remove them from this charger and put them back, then they go back to charging, and the screen shows ''Charging'' and the screen tells that they 2/3 full. I don't know if my charger has a problem (I would love it if someone could find an explanation for my situation) or if it is built this way.

Trakteur,

unzari

Trakteur said:
Lo said:

I'd like to buy that charger too, but shipping to Canada if I buy from Thomas Distributing is $19 :(.

Does anyone have a website to suggest for Canadian people? Thank you so much!
Check out http://www.paulsfinest.com/Maha-Battery-Chargers-p-1-c-4.html

unzari,

Lo

Hey, nice find Unzari! Canadians need batts too ;) Thanks for sharing.

Lo,

chewyrails

Better deals on the MAHA charger + batteries on newegg.ca, I think:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...r=BESTMATCH&Description=powerex+c9000&x=0&y=0

C9000 Charger alone is $54.99
C9000 + 4 Powerex 2700 mAh batteries is $70.99
C9000 + 8 Powerex 2700 mAh batteries is $79.99

Shipping prices are weird, though... about $10 for the charger itself, or for the charger plus 8 batteries. But $2.99 for the charger with 4 batteries.

Edited to add that I just found a promo code for $10 off the C9000 with 4 batteries: CEMCYWZW23

Promo code expires Aug. 24, 2010

chewyrails,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Trakteur said:
It is exactly the one I received with my Launch Box (ordered from vapeworld.com). I am thinking of replacing it because it doesn't seem to charge my batteries to 100%. When the LCD screen shows that the batteries are full, I remove them from this charger and put them back, then they go back to charging, and the screen shows ''Charging'' and the screen tells that they 2/3 full. I don't know if my charger has a problem (I would love it if someone could find an explanation for my situation) or if it is built this way.
Every charger made will do that. If you put them right back in the charger after just taking them out after a full charge it will take the charger a while to run it's calculations such as negative delta V, temperature and timer protection to help eliminate over and undercharging (dependent on charger model).

It should terminate charging again after 10 minutes or so, but doing this will most likely over charge your batteries and shorten their lifespan along with their charging capacity.

DeepFried,

Trakteur

DeepFried said:
Every charger made will do that. If you put them right back in the charger after just taking them out after a full charge it will take the charger a while to run it's calculations such as negative delta V, temperature and timer protection to help eliminate over and undercharging (dependent on charger model).

It should terminate charging again after 10 minutes or so, but doing this will most likely over charge your batteries and shorten their lifespan along with their charging capacity.
Thank you very much for the info, I'll stop doing that then!

Trakteur,

Geeza

so back to my original question...... if i strip the bat fully then it will not fit.... anyone else got the same problem????

Geeza,

BirdFLU

I placed a strip of electrical tape around the middle part of the batteries so a little push and twist secures them nicely. But make sure you put it towards the middle so only a little bit of the tape is in the hole, I don't know if this makes sense. Otherwise the tape will get caught up on the inside. Oh and only go around once not overlapping otherwise it might be to thick. This works for me for the time being until I find a better method.

BirdFLU,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Geeza said:
so back to my original question...... if i strip the bat fully then it will not fit.... anyone else got the same problem????
Not all AA sized batteries are the same outside diameter. Due to the tight tolerances of the LaunchBox, which is a good thing, some fit good, some are too loose and some too tight... like a nuns cunt.

Use the mf batteries supplied with the box for a guaranteed fit. If you modify the battery with tape etc. you run the risk of adhesive rubbing off onto the negative contact wire inside the battery hole possibly causing future intermittent contact issues.

DeepFried,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If you modify the battery with tape etc. you run the risk of adhesive rubbing off onto the negative contact wire inside the battery hole possibly causing future intermittent contact issues.
I'm not sure how people are wrapping their batteries but I do know that you can't wrap the part that has to make contact with the wire loop that you can see just inside the battery hole.

If you line that hole up so that you look straight into it you can see the part of the wire loop that is making contact. On mine it's between 7 and 8 o'clock. All I do with a loose-fitting battery is gently pull it towards the contact point. I usually pull and twist slightly because on my LB that seems to jam the battery in contact.

Having said that, I have only two perfect fit batteries (the LB originals) and I much prefer them. I will go out of my way to find some when I need more.

pakalolo,

lllDrewlll

Hi guys I'm a newbie vape user

I brought the MFLB a little while ago I've really enjoyed using it but I have found the hit is weaker then when I have a spliff, maybe its a just a different high that I'm not used to or maybe I'm using it wrong, could any one offer me some advice, I leave the battery connected for 4 seconds I then inhale for 4 seconds remove battery and continue to draw for another 4 seconds, am I doing this correctly or is there a better way?

Looking forward to your answers :)

-Drew

lllDrewlll,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi lllDrewlll and welcome to the forum! You made a good portable choice with the MFLB. It takes a while to get the draw right. I've found the best way, for me, is to wait for an 8 count before my first hit. There will be visible vapor in the stem. I will draw for a count of 4, then take a quick breath through my nose without taking my mouth off the mouthpiece. I repeat this two or three times (however long I can continue) and on my last hit I take the battery out to clear the box and shake.

I hope this helps you out. Practice makes perfect!

momofthegoons,

Lo

Hi Drew! It does take time to get the draw down and you also might be missing the stuff in smoke like carbon monoxide, etc.

I also find that the draw time and speed depends on the battery. If it's fresh, I'm quicker on the draw and as the battery drains my draws become longer/slower.

I find my best hits off the box come after I've taken a few 'tasty puff' and gotten the herb REALLY dry. Then I crumble it up as best I can and put back in trench. I like to use my finger to lightly press it into the trench as well. Do a few draws and shakes, crumble again. The technique works very well for me.

Good luck!

Lo,

vood

First time poster, 3 month MFLB owner. It's been a great purchase, I have no complaints other than the acrylic stem. That is a major flaw. Mine has cracked and broken in half, it did so within the first week of ownership. I take great care not to damage it, but this happened in my jacket pocket! I really do hope they release a stainless steel stem or glass stem soon or I will just have to make my own. I will be purchasing the whip for it, but that won't work for on the go use. My charger was one of the transition ones with the usb port and it is defective (it started to overheat my batteries and thank god I smelled melting plastic or else I might have had a fire on my hands). I didn't complain about it since I have another charger I use, but that was kind of a let down.

I will definitely keep an eye on this thread for any news of a new mouthpiece. Have any of you experienced what I did with the acrylic one?

vood,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
vood said:
I will definitely keep an eye on this thread for any news of a new mouthpiece. Have any of you experienced what I did with the acrylic one?
Not here. I use the rubberband to hold the stem to the side of the LB and sometimes a batt on the other side. Like a splint :) I too would love a color changing glass stem (is that asking to much haha)

JDSupreme,

vood

JDSupreme said:
vood said:
Not here. I use the rubberband to hold the stem to the side of the LB and sometimes a batt on the other side. Like a splint :) I too would love a color changing glass stem (is that asking to much haha)
I was just putting it in the pouch, disassembled but wrapped up so it wouldn't move too much. A color changing stem would be very cool. I also am hoping for glass or steel because you cannot even use isopropyl alcohol to clean acrylic..and it does get dirty. Pipe cleaners can only do so much.

vood,
Top Bottom