NSXTACY420

The biggest argument for that glass cover is that the acrylic one is hard to clean, mine is already getting nasty and difficult to see through and it doesn't clean very well at all. I wonder if i could make one out of picture frame glass....

NSXTACY420,

Qbit

cannabanana
magiclight said:
Vicki said:
VivaSativa said:
Also, maybe it's time for a FAQ section for the MFLB? Many questions repeat themselves, like what's the best battery/charger, concentrates in the Box, number of hits/trenches per battery, cleaning methods, drawing techniques etc..
I agree. I think a Magic Flight Launch Box FAQ, addressing these questions, would be great for everyone. :)
I would be happy to host something like that if it is okay with MagicFlight - Just a place for everyone to post videos pictures and more specific topics - Or a simple page with FAQs, Techniques and Common Errors

Edit: I have a domain I've been putting MagicFlight tips on but it would need work http://www.flightskool.info/
It's already been done. Here you go:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

Qbit,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Qbit said:
magiclight said:
Vicki said:
I agree. I think a Magic Flight Launch Box FAQ, addressing these questions, would be great for everyone. :)
I would be happy to host something like that if it is okay with MagicFlight - Just a place for everyone to post videos pictures and more specific topics - Or a simple page with FAQs, Techniques and Common Errors

Edit: I have a domain I've been putting MagicFlight tips on but it would need work http://www.flightskool.info/

That really doesn't give specific battery and charger information, like what is listed in this thread, different drawing techniques, common errors, etc.

Vicki,

Qbit

cannabanana
Vicki said:
Qbit said:
magiclight said:

That really doesn't give specific battery and charger information, like what is listed in this thread, different drawing techniques, common errors, etc.
Well you can create an account and edit it.

Qbit,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vicki,

Melizzard

OK, so I tried using some iso on a Q-tip to clean the screen then inserted a battery, with the LB cover open, and let it run till it died. Still having trouble getting air thru when I draw (didn't used to be this way). I thought it might be the hole getting clogged, but it draws just fine when the cover is cracked just a smidge. So somehow the airflow is greatly reduced and I don't know how to change it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Melizzard

Melizzard,

Qbit

cannabanana
Vicki said:
Qbit said:
Vicki said:
Well you can create an account and edit it.
I could, but someone else probably has more time, and do a better job.
That's ok, but anyway, point made - Vaporpedia is there if anyone wants it, and if anyone can contribute to it they can. I've made a couple of edits and expanded some paragraphs. You don't have to do much if you don't want to, as long as enough people do it, it'll grow and become healthy. The site is a bit thin at the moment in some some sections, with some well-known vapes not covered in detail (or without their own pages at all), though there is a fair bit on the MFLB.

Qbit,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Make sure you don't have any obstructions in the main air intake area. After shaking some ground material can sometimes get in there and block airflow, just open the lid and brush it out.

lbair.gif

DeepFried,

vapirtoo

Melizzard, somehow the screen has been pushed to the bottom of the trench, probably as it was being cleaned.
I bet it still heats up and vapes, you just have to pull harder which makes it heat up faster.
My friend's burnt and black LB pulls hard, but he likes it that way. His screen looks like a no-mans zone with barb wire everywhere. He was cleaning it with paper clips! :o I would ask the magic flight folks
about this problem. I would not stick anything in the screen or under the screen to increase air flow.
If it really sucks :lol: send it back for a replacement. Thank goodness you have mucho back up vapes. :brow:

vapirtoo,

sfld

Well heres a 4 month update or maybe 6? lol

The box is working excellent still! I dont reall need to clean the screen or make it look nicer, as all it does is sit on my night stand for my wake n bakes, and my bake and sleeps! I hit the box natively, so i find sometimes i need to take a damp paper towl that i roll up and twist it in the hole where i puff on, just to clean the residue. I have a quick question for you guys.

I know alot of you take your ABV and either cook it or vape it in something else.... If i was to buy a sifter box, to collect the kief, do you guys think i would still be able to get some kief outa the bud?

I was thinking about getting one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/3x3-LASER-CUT-A...KEEF-KIEF-/290423556097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Looks nice and small, and would fit nice with the box itself!. After that I want to get a pollen press, anyone do something like this?

sfld,

sfld

Yes i understand, but think of it this way. I dont cook my ABV from the magic-flight, and i dont vape it again. So this means when i "think" a trench is done, i prob still have some kief in the mix, so i can simply sift it and then throw it away.. instead of throwing it away as im doing now...

sfld,

sfld

I thought since the magic-flight doesnt really vape all that there is to be vaped... that there would be some left to sift out instead of throwing away lol can anyone test this? or has anyone done it?

I see people on here all the time saying they take their abv and use it in their cano and still get a few hits

sfld,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
magiclight said:
... overview information about how the Magicflight works. ... the MagicFlight works as the result of shorting a battery...
A couple of technical corrections -- 1) it is not a "short" per se -- just a fairly low resistance. Electrically and physically the difference is *very* important. We do NOT recommend that anyone attempt to "do this at home" and actually short the battery -- severe battery damage will result and it will likely be useless thereafter!

2) Most of those other versions were exploring other physical principles for vaporization. Only the last 4 or so versions had the current electrical configuration. We explored, flame with catalyst, various forms of indirect heating, solar, IR, etc, in many different configurations. This accounts for a large number of those other versions. The lessons learned from all of these have been incorporated into the current version.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

2clicker

Observer
Vicki said:
You can't get kief from ABV. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :)
i believe it to be much harder and time consuming... in other words not worth it.

youd have to sift a shit-ton of ABV to get a substantial amount of kief.. and even then its already been heated pretty hot once... so that may degrade the quality of the kief.

cant say for sure tho

2clicker,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
2clicker said:
Vicki said:
You can't get kief from ABV. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :)
i believe it to be much harder and time consuming... in other words not worth it.

youd have to sift a shit-ton of ABV to get a substantial amount of kief.. and even then its already been heated pretty hot once... so that may degrade the quality of the kief.

cant say for sure tho
I was pretty sure that the kief was gone with the subsequent heatings. I know there is no way my ABV has ever had kief in it, but I also vap my herb until it is very dark brown, always have. My new Launch Box seems to be running a little hotter than my other two LB's, so I can get even more out of my herb now, without combusting. I'm positive my current ABV stash has no kief left. :)

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
MichMartin said:
Kief is to be had before the bud is vaped.
I get your meaning but to be 100% accurate, you get it during vaping or smoking too. You can collect a lot by screening/sifting, but certainly not all.

sfld said:
So this means when i "think" a trench is done, i prob still have some kief in the mix, so i can simply sift it and then throw it away.. instead of throwing it away as im doing now...
If there's any worthwhile amount of kief left in ABV (doubtful, if vaped thoroughly), you can't sift it. When sifting ABV, the finest particles will be the part most fully vaped, and therefore the most useless. If you don't save ABV, I think your best bet is to crumble the load into the smallest possible consistency after vaping, then revape the powdery remains.

max,

unzari

Oh yeahs....got my LB today from vaporizers.ca!

Haven't tried it yet but am about to...one question though: in some pics I've seen on this thread it looks like there's supposed to be a little rubber washer at the bottom of the battery socket. At the bottom of the socket on mine there's nothing but the end of the copper wire.

Is this what I'm supposed to be seeing down there ie just the wire? I plugged in a battery and the wee led lit up no problem.

Bah, prolly just a-worrying...well, time to try er out -------

Ok.....filled trench to top w very finely ground meds....inserted battery....waited 4 secs until lid fogged up....inhaled slowly for 7-8 secs and received a respectable dosage.

The taste was quite like hay though. Grassy. Not at all a taste I was used to with my usual. I tried again, same procedure, and got same taste. There wasn't very much vapour, either. Now, my only other vape is an extreme, and I pretty much exclusively use tightly-packed elbows of the same weed, the same grind (As I said, very finely ground), at low temperatures, between 160-200C.

The trench in my LB wasn't packed nearly as tightly as I do the elbow in my extreme. And using it native, I am much much much closer to the point of vapourization than through my extreme and 12" bong/diffuser/ice catcher.

I then understood why this method is called "native", and returned for round three. Using magiclight's amazing posts above with the time-lapse photos of LB vaporization as a reference, I inserted the battery a third time (even though for some reason I thought the bottom of the battery socket had some rubberized washer at the bottom of it above the copper lead, the eneloops that came w my LB enter/exit easily with a little twist, but I still have no idea whether I am out to lunch about the washer-in-the-socket thing), waited until I saw decent vapour in the hole, then began to inhale, only faster. Shwallah!!! A taste I recognized! Still not as bracingly singular as the elbow at 170, but still nice and petrol-like with a base of ricotta or cream cheese.

But what's to compare, really? Truth is, everything about the two units before vaping with them is different, so the results are bound to be, as well. And to tell the truth, I worried a little about this very point before trying it - will I actually be happy with the taste of this thing?

Well, I just tried it again the fourth time. Finished the weed (it looked surprisingly like the colour and consistency of colour as my elbow avb), and it still tasted okay, even much better than expected, even good. Even better maybe.

And this is only after one trench. Oh Sweet Jesus. Think I'm going out for a nice, long walk...

Back from walk. Very good product. Very good.

Say, how many hits do folk usually get at 7-8 secs/hit? (Sorry if that sounded like a koan) :p

unzari,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
unzari: I call that "hay" taste "green" because it's probably due to the clorophyll, which vaporizes first. I kind of like it. Different varieties taste different too. I get a similar but not identical milder taste with the first couple of hits when I put a fresh bowl of the same stuff on my Extreme. Since the vapor practically forms in your mouth when you use the LB native, it's no surprise that the flavor is more pronounced. That's how it seems to me anyway.

vaporizers.ca is probably shipping old stock, which is why the washer isn't there. Mine is older and doesn't have a washer. I have had a battery make contact accidentally in my pocket, so I was considering looking for something that would do the job at the hardware store but I haven't yet. I think it might not be that hard to find a rubber washer to fit, but it has to have the right compression resistance and it has to be unaffected by the heat. If anyone has a specific washer to recommend let's hear it.

pakalolo,

tromboneamafone

unzari said:
Oh yeahs....got my LB today from vaporizers.ca!

Haven't tried it yet but am about to...one question though: in some pics I've seen on this thread it looks like there's supposed to be a little rubber washer at the bottom of the battery socket. At the bottom of the socket on mine there's nothing but the end of the copper wire.

Is this what I'm supposed to be seeing down there ie just the wire? I plugged in a battery and the wee led lit up no problem.

Bah, prolly just a-worrying...well, time to try er out -------
I ordered mine today, from the blisssville website. I can't wait to get mine!! I recieved an e-mail from them today which said:

"Your order has the newest Launch Box with a safety push back ring, so you will need to push the battery in a bit firmer than before. . .Enjoy!"

If you ordered from another retailer, they might have had older stock.

tromboneamafone,

unzari

Thanks guys. Damn do I love this forum. But for the typing. Anyway, I'd assume that Magicfight wouldn't ship anything that wasn't safe/inefficient/prone to malfunction.

pakalolo, that one isolated incident of yours, was your battery in backwards? and incident aside, you've had no probs w your unit? Mines # 5907xx.

if i had an idea of what to look for in a makeshift replacement washer that didnt destroy me/destroy my lungs/destroy my weed/destroy my unit/destroy my warranty i'd gladly buy and insert it myself.

unzari,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
unzari: No problems whatsoever. Mine is a 58xxxx. I love it.

The battery incident was my own fault. No, the battery wasn't reversed; it's impossible to have accidental heating if the battery is reversed. I was caught a bit off guard and had to put the box in my pocket quickly without removing the battery.

I'd done that before with no problem but this time, after about five minutes I must have done something to force the battery to make contact because me pocket started getting pretty hot. I was still talking to the person who prompted me to put the thing away so it was difficult removing the battery without giving away that something was up.

It got so hot I was concerned that there'd be a smell but luckily there wasn't. I can't explain why because later I discovered I'd completely toasted the trench, although no sign of combustion. Even if I get a washer I'll not be doing that again soon. Anyway, moral: don't be putting your LB in your pocket with battery inserted. I know that should go without saying but look, we vaporists are easily distracted and confused.

Ooooohhh look, shiny...

pakalolo,
Top Bottom