stickstones

Vapor concierge
FEAR420 said:
stickstones said:
FEAR420 said:
Im about to purchase my FOURTH MF-LB....I hope they have some sort of discount plan for multiple buyers. And before you all ask,NO,they didnt break. They were either given away as gifts or sold for a profit. :cool:
That's funny...can I have a discount since I am selling them at a markup already?
Ok,so I sold ONE for $120 cuz my friends a MORON & couldnt wait the 3 days for Vapeworld to ship. The other 2 were gifts. And the last one I just wound up giving away to a friend who had his shit bagged by the cops.
Just fuckin with ya, fear!

stickstones,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Waiting always takes longer when it's you :) I ordered my LB last Friday and haven't gotten it yet (Canada is on another universe I think). Seems forever, and then I get vaped using something else and I forget about it.

And when you factor in a 5% exchange rate, and duty/importation taxes, it's going to come out at over $120 Cdn.

Tom

tdavie,

VivaSativa

steiner666 said:
and have any of you other stem users (i'm pretty much half and half, depending on the situation) had your stems get so caked they've almost sealed up lol. I dont know if i should try scraping or iso-soaking the stem, and if i do, whether or not saving and vaping the remains would be safe, given that it's acrylic and not glass. I know the general consensus around here is usually to err on the side of health/safety/caution, but man, does this amber glaze i have built up look tastey.
I'm wondering the same thing, about cleaning the stem with iso and smoking the honey. Don't think you could vaporize it in the LB, it would probably melt and damage the screen..
I remember reading here a long time ago that someone ruined his stem by soaking it in iso for too long, and now it won't fit in its socket in the unit.
So my question is this: is it safe to put a bit of iso (70% or 99%) inside the short stem and shake it for a few minutes? Or am I risking changing the openings sizes and ruining the perfect fit to the LB? Or releasing some toxic stuff from the stem..?

Thanks in advance

VivaSativa,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
VivaSativa said:
is it safe to put a bit of iso (70% or 99%) inside the short stem and shake it for a few minutes?
Hi,

A minute or two of ISO for cleaning the stem should not be any sort of problem. The previous issue was from a long time soak of several hours.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
My friend has a LB, and every time he comes over it seems that the screen gets more and more clogged with build up. I see him every few weeks or so, and each time it looks worse than the last. Is there any way to clean the screens without ruining the box itself?

DevoTheStrange,

VivaSativa

magicflight said:
VivaSativa said:
is it safe to put a bit of iso (70% or 99%) inside the short stem and shake it for a few minutes?
Hi,

A minute or two of ISO for cleaning the stem should not be any sort of problem. The previous issue was from a long time soak of several hours.

-- Magic-Flight
Thanks MF

VivaSativa,

Dicey

Cosmic Slop
tdavie said:
Waiting always takes longer when it's you :) I ordered my LB last Friday and haven't gotten it yet (Canada is on another universe I think). Seems forever, and then I get vaped using something else and I forget about it.

And when you factor in a 5% exchange rate, and duty/importation taxes, it's going to come out at over $120 Cdn.

Tom
Interesting, I'm also a Canadian, and I ordered mine from Vapeworld last Friday. It arrived this morning. No custom fees, no duty, nothing. I used the 10% discount code listed on the forums here, but it still came to around $115.00 with currency conversion. Just be patient mate, yours will arrive before you know; hell perhaps even today like mine.

I must say I'm very impressed with the LB. It looks like a very high quality product, as is the Epiphany of stealth. Unfortunately I had my Wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday so I'm going a bit mad sitting here staring at this beautiful vape being not able to hit it. :ko:

Dicey,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
Is there any way to clean the screens without ruining the box itself?
Hi,

With the box open and empty (brushed out), put a fresh battery in and let the screen bake itself clean (a minute or so of battery heating time). Let cool, brush out again, and then use ISO and a Q-tip to remove anything that remains. This is the usual approach and should work for most things. Note -- this is to open
the screen -- not to change its color. It is normal for the screen to be a brown or darker color -- this has no effect on the operation of the Box.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

B.

War Criminal
Dicey said:
I must say I'm very impressed with the LB. It looks like a very high quality product, as is the Epiphany of stealth.
I think you mean epitome.

Epiphany is a sudden revelation or insight.

Epitome is a perfect example of a particular quality.

Yes, I'm sort of a nerd.

B.,

darth_vapor

I've had my Launch Box for about a week now and it's great. I took it out one night, pretty stealth, although even though nothing happened to the unit, I feel like it might not be getting as hot for a thick, cloudy vapor. It still tastes great and seems to work OK. I think part of the screen edge dislodged from the wall and bits of herb wound up coming through the straw, some is making the light look dim through the hole. It's probably fine. If I have to use the warranty, then I'm just glad they have an awesome warranty.

I had to start because I had a late-onset asthma attack (new to asthma), it made the symptoms I had before a ton worse. No more cigarettes, and no more smoking weed (which I have tried a couple times since getting the LB and it's nowhere near as tasty or intense for me- though the smoke is pretty intense!).

Very happy. My main reason for this post was an "invention" I made that goes great with the LB- and, if you have asthma, you probably have everything in your possession already.

I use albuterol inhalers, got a bunch of dead ones. Also, you need an AeroChamber, which is basically a tube you plug the inhaler end into and spray it in. It's got a one-way valve. What I did was take an old inhaler plastic holder, put some heavy-duty tape over the top opening, rubber banded around it just for extra security, then stabbed a hole in it with the butt end of the LB cleaning brush.

Now, you just stick that inhaler holder in the aerochamber, put the LB mouthpiece through the whole, let it create some vapor, and you basically have a collection chamber for the vapor with a one way valve. This lets you get all of the vapor, you won't lose any by exhaling. I am definitely getting bigger hits this way and probably getting a lot more out of each trench load. Sure, it's not stealthy, but for the house this method rules!

darth_vapor,

Dicey

Cosmic Slop
B. said:
I think you mean epitome.

Epiphany is a sudden revelation or insight.

Epitome is a perfect example of a particular quality.

Yes, I'm sort of a nerd.
Right you are. It's the Tylenol 3's they're making me take, they work magic. :D

Dicey,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Dicey said:
Interesting, I'm also a Canadian, and I ordered mine from Vapeworld last Friday. It arrived this morning. No custom fees, no duty, nothing. I used the 10% discount code listed on the forums here, but it still came to around $115.00 with currency conversion. Just be patient mate, yours will arrive before you know; hell perhaps even today like mine.

I must say I'm very impressed with the LB. It looks like a very high quality product, as is the Epiphany of stealth. Unfortunately I had my Wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday so I'm going a bit mad sitting here staring at this beautiful vape being not able to hit it. :ko:
Yup, mine might very well be at my doorstep right now (er in the mailbox), but I won't be able to get to it until I go home tomorrow. I'll probably look in the mailbox and go 'whoa a package' and I will be surprised when I open it.

It'd more stealth than my Iolite, and I really wanted that for portability when camping this summer. The LB I intend to use everywhere :)

Tom

tdavie,

B.

War Criminal
Dicey said:
Right you are. It's the Tylenol 3's they're making me take, they work magic. :D
I like those fun little pills, but only rarely as I like them a little too much. Haven't had them in years. I had a back problem once, and had a lovely month stuck in bed in a Norco haze. I always considred myself a heavyweight when it came to substances, but man...those little fuckers knocked me out good.

Woulda been nice to have a launch box back then as I was laid up in my parents house without access to my vapes or my bud, they're aren't cool with the bud because of it's legal status. Stupid William Randolph Hearst and his greed.

B.,

reece

I used the Box in a restaurant at a table of 4 (including myself). Two of the others smoke herb and the third does not. I vaped after dinner as we sat at the table talking and drinking. No one noticed. Not my party, not the wait staff and no patrons. The restaurant was full. I carried a conversation with my friend across the table (a few feet away) and hit the Box repeatedly with him looking directly at me. He never said a thing. I called him the next day and told him. He didn't know, had no clue whatsoever. His wife didn't notice, my wife sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with me didn't notice.

Of course that's the danger of the LB. Weak willed folks like myself will use it anywhere just because we can. ;)

Thanks Magic-Flight

B. said:
I always considred myself a heavyweight when it came to substances, but man...those little fuckers knocked me out good.

...because of it's legal status. Stupid William Randolph Hearst and his greed.
I recently got a strain called Jack Herer. I've stashed some of it away for a rainy day and/or special occasions. When I was trying it out I had to remind myself to take it easy with a strain named after Mr. Herer (aside from wanting to conserve). If all is true, it has to be strong and I shouldn't need much. But, it reminded me of a time about ten years ago when I went to a George Clinton concert with some acid named Timothy Leary. I decided to take three hits and ended spending the entire concert sitting by the port-a-lets. I finally came down enough to get a taxi home. After piecing together the evening I realized I wasn't by the port-a-potties anywhere near a long as I thought. It turns out I left the concert about halfway through. I swear I thought it was over. :lol:

reece,

steiner666

Serial vapist
reece said:
Of course that's the danger of the LB. Weak willed folks like myself will use it anywhere just because we can. ;)

Thanks Magic-Flight
Yeah, I find myself vaping in random, usually public places just to say I vaped there. Walmart, work, weddings, car washes, mcdonalds, city hall, every bar in town (i dont even drink really), my parents house (when i was visiting, for old times sake lol), the mall.

And man, you reminded me of how badly i want to take this thing to a concert. Most of the shows i go to are in cleveland, and with the ban on smoking cigarettes indoors, it seems like most, if not all, of the pot smoke went with it. Lighting up a J in a place where no one's allowed to smoke anything just makes it that much easier for security to ruin your good time. Heck, even in the big venues, like when I saw megadeth in a big hockey arena, security was right up our ass. We had to time the guards patrol and take hits when he was out of sight. The whole environment of the concert/venue just felt so sterile and not fun, it seemed (to our mildly stoned and fully paranoid brains) that, at any moment, the bands would stop playing and spot lights would be directed on us and we would be shunned or something lol. And if you try just smoking before you go into the concert, that doesnt work because, by the time the opening band's sets and all the set-up times are over with and you get to the main events, your buzz is long gone. Of course, there's always a big ol' "NO RE-ENTRY!" sign on the doors too. Smoking a J outside with the cigarette smokers = getting busted too (thankfully my g/f was there and she told the bloodhound security guard to stop harassing her or she'd report him and he actually buggered off LOL)

So anyways, I had all but given up on getting stoned at concerts. I was thinkin about making edibles for shows (but i dont know about that really, dont think the type of buzz is as good of a choice for metal shows) or experimenting with *gasp*:o*gasp* real, more-discrete drugs. But no more! :D

steiner666,

shred

launch box is alirght, wish it was a bigger more satisfying hit but its good for what it is good for, fun on the run!

shred,

lwien

reece said:
I carried a conversation with my friend across the table (a few feet away) and hit the Box repeatedly with him looking directly at me. He never said a thing. I called him the next day and told him. He didn't know, had no clue whatsoever. His wife didn't notice, my wife sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with me didn't notice.
But you still have to bring the LB up to your face. How could he miss that, especially being that he was looking directly at you?

lwien,

caseball2051

yeah dude the launchbox is sweet. but unless your friend is blind, or you were have it hiddin with the elbox attachment to a straw or something he definitly saw it.

unless your a ninja :ninja:

caseball2051,

vapor9

elsewhere
lwien said:
reece said:
I carried a conversation with my friend across the table (a few feet away) and hit the Box repeatedly with him looking directly at me. He never said a thing. I called him the next day and told him. He didn't know, had no clue whatsoever. His wife didn't notice, my wife sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with me didn't notice.
But you still have to bring the LB up to your face. How could he miss that, especially being that he was looking directly at you?
Yea I was thinking the same thing....

vapor9,

synaesthetique

Didjeridoo Master
maybe he was hitting it in native mode without the stem and just palmed it to look like he was coughing or something... not that hard to do as long as you don't take big rips just get a couple quick ones

it's still pretty funny :p

haven't done much vaping in public with my LB yet - I'll catch a movie soon and bring it along

synaesthetique,

honeboy

Great forum! Thanks for all the suggestions on how to use the LB. I am quite pleased with my first vaporizer purchase. After finding this website, I decided to purchased the LB rather than the iolite. So far, so good. I also purchased my first herb grinder, a chromium crusher. It seems the consensus is to grind the herb to a powder for best effect. My chromium crusher doesn't get my herb anywhere near a powder consistency. I am using scissors afterwards, which is tedious, and the herb is still not powderlike. Then after a few hits, I grind the herb between my fingers as someone suggested. Are most of you able to grind the herb sufficiently just using a grinder or do you used additional techniques?

honeboy,

Qbit

cannabanana
honeboy said:
Great forum! Thanks for all the suggestions on how to use the LB. I am quite pleased with my first vaporizer purchase. After finding this website, I decided to purchased the LB rather than the iolite. So far, so good. I also purchased my first herb grinder, a chromium crusher. It seems the consensus is to grind the herb to a powder for best effect. My chromium crusher doesn't get my herb anywhere near a powder consistency. I am using scissors afterwards, which is tedious, and the herb is still not powderlike. Then after a few hits, I grind the herb between my fingers as someone suggested. Are most of you able to grind the herb sufficiently just using a grinder or do you used additional techniques?
Welcome, Honeboy, to FC and the world of vapour. :)

First of all make sure your herb is really dry, so put it on top of your TV or something for a couple of hours before you grind.

My grinder has sifting screens for various degrees of grind, and they do the trick. I don't get actual powder, but it seems quite fine enough. The coarser stuff I usually reserve for my PD.

But if you really want powder you'll probably need an electric grinder (as in for coffee or spices). But yeah the finger grinding after a couple of hits works nicely too.

Qbit,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I've been running my herb through a triple grind process the past couple days, and I have been able to get a really fine grind. First grind through my MixnBall Classic, then 2nd & 3rd grind through my MixnBall Nano. It's not a powder, but it's very fine. :)

Vicki,
I don't have a LB yet (trying to justify the $ after buying a MZ) but will definitely get one soon.

I grind my material in a Chromium Crusher, then transfer to an old-fashioned hand-crank flour sifter over my tray. Result is perfect consistency for ANY purpose at that point and takes out any stems or seeds that might be.

Howie Feltersnatch,
Top Bottom