Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
steiner666 said:
as much as i love my DBV, it would be out of commission in a regular outage or most of your average zombie apocalypses, and that's when you need to vape most i think! lol
Definitely during the zombie apocalypses... :lol: ...also hurricanes, tornadoes, or if some stupid person doesn't call before they dig. :p I always had to smoke during power outages before, but not anymore!! I plan to keep my 4 batteries charged all the time. :D

Only time a power outage would present a problem was if it were so long that you were not able to re-charge the batteries. Right now, with 4 batteries, I would be ok for more than a day.

Vicki,

reprobate

vaporer
FYI: I cut the short stem in half and the resulting length is an excellent configuration. You could even take another 1/8" off the half and it would work.

It allows you to minimize 'lip residue' on the box, get the vapor past your lips and only sacrifice the slightest bit of stealth.

Seems to me the only downside is increased difficult getting the stem out, and that's workable.

YMMV.

:peace:

reprobate,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Thanks to all in this thread. It's kind of like Christmas Eve as my Launch Box is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I've learnt a lot, and would never have thought that by not using one of the supplied stems you'll get more of the taste of the weed you're using.

[Off topic and thus feel free to delete this thread any moderators reading this]

I see a few people in here are concerned about zombie apocalypses. This is good. Forewarned is forearmed. You may be interested to know that George Romero has a new zobie movie out that will very shortly be released in the UK, snd in about a month, in the US; it's called Survival of the Dead.

Tom

tdavie,

wildnacatl

Got tired of all the peeled AA cells bouncing around on my desk waiting to short out so I whipped up a solution from a chunk of oak I had kicking around and a forstner bit....

wildnacatl,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
tdavie said:
Thanks to all in this thread. It's kind of like Christmas Eve as my Launch Box is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I've learnt a lot, and would never have thought that by not using one of the supplied stems you'll get more of the taste of the weed you're using.
I'm excited for you. Definitely report back on how you like it. :D

I have not used one of the stems, and never seen a need to as of yet. IMO, they would just get in the way.

Vicki,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i tried it with a stem for a bit but without is much better.

SSS,

MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
Hey all I ordered two Launch Boxes today from vapeworld! Oh joy. His and hers editions. I read and read and read this thread until my eyes went crossed!

So much battery discussion and not too many links. Thanks to a post here and chat help I settled on La Crosse Technology BC-700 charger and Qty2 Sanyo 2,700 mAh AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (4-Pack) (I got total of eight batts). With my new charger I should be able to maintain the batts and avoid letting them discharge, making them better for me than the low discharge. However, these come with the LB too, so I will get to try them both.

Best LB price was vapeworld with FC-2010 code. Should be here on Thursday! Super excited! Thanks all!

MikRoOrganix,

wtfd03

MikRoOrganix said:
Hey all I ordered two Launch Boxes today from vapeworld! Oh joy. His and hers editions. I read and read and read this thread until my eyes went crossed!

So much battery discussion and not too many links. Thanks to a post here and chat help I settled on La Crosse Technology BC-700 charger and Qty2 Sanyo 2,700 mAh AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (4-Pack) (I got total of eight batts). With my new charger I should be able to maintain the batts and avoid letting them discharge, making them better for me than the low discharge. However, these come with the LB too, so I will get to try them both.

Best LB price was vapeworld with FC-2010 code. Should be here on Thursday! Super excited! Thanks all!
I am very satisfied with the BC-700 charger and those Sanyo. :brow: Good choice!

wtfd03,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
MikRoOrganix said:
I read and read and read this thread until my eyes went crossed!
Me too, and I felt like my brain was mush afterwards!! :lol: I was determined to get as much info as I could before I made my purchase. ;) I was very excited to get it, and haven't been a bit disappointed.

Vicki,

jwpatt

wildnacatl said:
Got tired of all the peeled AA cells bouncing around on my desk waiting to short out so I whipped up a solution from a chunk of oak I had kicking around and a forstner bit....

[url]http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/S6300109.JPG[/url]
Looks very cool. Nice job. Can anyone tell me if the risk of the batteries shorting or getting hot when in contact with one another is because they are peeled, or could this happen to any batteries? I am trying to determine if it is a risk to leave regular batteries loose in a drawer (as exists all over my house). This thread has made me wonder.

jwpatt,

wildnacatl

Thanks. I am going to oil it today when I get a chance. Regular cells sitting in a drawer with labels intact are very low risk but because the anode and cathode are exposed in such close proximity with a peeled cell the risk of accidental short is much greater.

wildnacatl,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
wildnacatl said:
Thanks. I am going to oil it today when I get a chance.
What kind of oil are you going to use? I thought about doing this myself, but was afraid it might affect taste.

Vicki,

wildnacatl

lol I think your confused I was referring to the holy block of Oak that I did up to hold rechargeables.

wildnacatl,

steiner666

Serial vapist
wildnacatl said:
noice dude! I was thinking about some sort of battery belt or bandoleer, maybe one designed for the right size ammo would work to hold AAs lol. Not that I think i'd really be going around strapped with AA's though, just the 2 that came with it have been enough for a full days worth of usage (most days anyways, one weekends i usually go through 3-4 charges). Would be great for camping and traveling tho, or, again, for the apocalypse.

steiner666,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
wildnacatl said:
lol I think your confused I was referring to the holy block of Oak that I did up to hold rechargeables.
Ok, yes, I was confused, sorry. :lol:

That's a nice battery holder. ;)

Vicki,

nicko00

I wanted to know if the xbox 360 battery holder is ok to store the extra batteries in? will they leak?

Also use coupon code lucky13 at vapeworld you save an extra $1.12 :p

nicko00,

Bushido

What is any of your techniques with the MFLB. I dont know if I'm quite doing it right. My vapor hits are really small. I'll pack a relatively small bowl and it takes me like 6, maybe 7 hits to get it off

Bushido,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
my method:

i grind up the herb real fine and fill the trench with 2 maybe 3 pinches. not quite to the top of the trench. toss the battery in, wait for the vapor to form and gently but firmly inhale directly from the box and pull the battery out just as i'm about to finish. i have no problems getting a nice amount of vapor.

SSS,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Bushido said:
What is any of your techniques with the MFLB. I dont know if I'm quite doing it right. My vapor hits are really small. I'll pack a relatively small bowl and it takes me like 6, maybe 7 hits to get it off
pretty much:
grind herb up fine as possible

fill to almost level, i usually fill it about 3/4 way though, make sure its all in the trench

put a fresh battery in and look down the suck-hole, make sure you see the LED (if yours has one) light up pretty brightly. If you dont see it light or if its dim, twist/wiggle the battery a bit until it is.

once you see vapor start forming and escaping the hole, start sucking as slowly as you can. I sometimes have trouble hitting my LB because of how soft i have to hit it, I have a hard time gettin my hit speed that low if i'm taking it right to the lungs, so i kinda use my mouse/throat to pull, hard to explain. I usually try to make my hits last as long as i can, 15-20 seconds is ideal.

a second or two before you stop hitting, pull the battery, which of course gives a bigger flow of air to clear the trench area of any vapor still in there.

turn LB up-side-down to get the herb away from the heat source while you're not hittting it.

shake it all around, turn it right-side-up, shake it side to side to get stuff in trench, and repeat.

Try hitting it with and without the stems. Make sure your lips aren't blocking the holes and keeping you from getting a good hit.

it took me a while to get the hang of the LB (a lot longer than my DBV, which just came more natural to me, since you can hit it however fast you want by adjusting temp). The herb i had when i first got mine was really moist, so i had trouble getting it to vape in the LB or getting it ground down as fine as i wanted it. What i ended up doing was grinding up the whole bag and sitting it out on a tray to dry for a while, and then i would regrind the stuff even finer in a small grinder b4 loading it. Helped a good bit, but a different drier type of herb helped even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
steiner666,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
:2c:I just got mine. I think if you read the instruction it says finely ground in the trench. It is been my limited experience that the drier and finer ( not quite flour) works better. also you experiment with breath control as a temperature control. Personally I prefer lower temps so I go native count to 5 and suck hard. Because when all is said and done it is the effect that I am after not how much vapor I exhale. I like the LB. it is perfect for that wake up in the middle of the nite and need a hit to go back to sleep. stealth hits are great(skiing, mt biking, hiking, get extra batteries) For big hits at home I use a bong with ice in the column, a vaporizer bowl and a craftsman hot air gun. :peace:

jackstraw62,

steiner666

Serial vapist
jackstraw62 said:
:2c:I just got mine. I think if you read the instruction it says finely ground in the trench. It is been my limited experience that the drier and finer ( not quite flour) works better. also you experiment with breath control as a temperature control. Personally I prefer lower temps so I go native count to 5 and suck hard. Because when all is said and done it is the effect that I am after not how much smoke I blow out. of my lungs and I like the lb. :peace:
congrats on your purchase man, it's hard to think of life w/o this little magic box after you own it for a while :lol: any vape hits is great, but taking vape hits AT WORK is amazing! i just got a hit so big off this herb dust i loaded in that i couldnt even hold it in :ko::uhoh::ninja:

and have any of you other stem users (i'm pretty much half and half, depending on the situation) had your stems get so caked they've almost sealed up lol. I dont know if i should try scraping or iso-soaking the stem, and if i do, whether or not saving and vaping the remains would be safe, given that it's acrylic and not glass. I know the general consensus around here is usually to err on the side of health/safety/caution, but man, does this amber glaze i have built up look tastey.

steiner666,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
:2c: there are a few things I would like to see one is a glass tube or titanium tube starting at the back screen and flush to the end. I don't like the acrylic stems glass or titanium would be better. A titanium screen instead of the stainless. don't know if any of this stuff is that hard to do however these are some ideas I have had since I received the LB :peace:

jackstraw62,
Top Bottom