MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
I personally would not be afraid to clean it in a small dish of 91% iso and then let it evaporate with a fan blowing on it, however, having made iso oil with lots of nice trim it is really not very good. Tastes very chemical-y. Would be happy to hear better ideas!

MikRoOrganix,

partIII

Has anyone's LB ever combusted the material? It seems to happen to me at least once a session even when i inhale slowly or fast. I just want to know if this is common or if my unit is defective.

partIII,

Qbit

cannabanana
partIII said:
Has anyone's LB ever combusted the material? It seems to happen to me at least once a session even when i inhale slowly or fast. I just want to know if this is common or if my unit is defective.
Yeah if you keep your battery in too long it will burn the herb.

Qbit,

Wolface

Like I said before, When you get to know how your box + your batteries + your grind + humidity + choice of herb + your draw rate + ect. Anyway my point is to LEARN it, LIVE it and you will LOVE it!:)

Wolface,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh, I can't say for sure but I stopped using my 15 min. charger (another brand) because I read here that the battery life will be decreased. Don't know specifics but if you go back through this thread it has been brought up.

Lo,

elongated squid jim

I wish this thread wasn't so long and hard to navigate, but I guess that's what happens with such a quality product. I shall continue to search about that, thanks for the headsup.

elongated squid jim,

MasterJake

Any tips for a new and VERY frustrated launch box user ? So I got my launch box yesterday and i've used it 4 times , every time my material burnt . I don't know what i'm doing wrong . Here's what I do . . . load a little more than 1/2 a trench of ground herb , put the battery in and wait til I can see the cover getting foggy ( 3-4 seconds ) , hit it until I feel like i've got a good hit ( i've tried slow , medium and fast draws ) , shake it around a bit between hits , and I can get 1 or 2 ok hits but after that it tastes like crap and burns . I am kicking myself for paying over $100 for this when my Vaporstar was $50 and works so much better . HELP !

MasterJake,

Qbit

cannabanana
MasterJake said:
Any tips for a new and VERY frustrated launch box user ? So I got my launch box yesterday and i've used it 4 times , every time my material burnt . I don't know what i'm doing wrong . Here's what I do . . . load a little more than 1/2 a trench of ground herb , put the battery in and wait til I can see the cover getting foggy ( 3-4 seconds ) , hit it until I feel like i've got a good hit ( i've tried slow , medium and fast draws ) , shake it around a bit between hits , and I can get 1 or 2 ok hits but after that it tastes like crap and burns . I am kicking myself for paying over $100 for this when my Vaporstar was $50 and works so much better . HELP !
If all else fails, read the instructions.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
MasterJake said:
Yes I am taking the battery out between hits .
Well if it tastes like crap and burns, it means you're leaving the battery in too long. Get into the habit of counting or something when you're taking a hit, so you can learn to judge when to stop. Mind you a higher draw speed will have a more cooling effect, too.

Qbit,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I've never 'watched for the cover to be foggy' - anyone else??

Insert battery, wait a FEW seconds, start a slow draw...little bit faster if battery is super fresh. Remove battery and continue drawing to cool box. I've only 'burnt' a couple times when I was learning. Sounds like battery needs to be pulled sooner to avoid the combustion. There is a little learning curve and actually some of the best effects I've gotten have been from hits with very little or no visible vapor. You learn to feel when it's in the zone or getting too hot. Good luck, don't give up yet :)

Lo,

MasterJake

I've been taking the battery out after think i've got a hit already but i'll try taking it out sooner . I really want this thing to work . Thank's for your replys people .

MasterJake,

steiner666

Serial vapist
wait less time after inserting battery b4 hitting and hit it faster. mine never seems to get too hot, i have to hit it as gently as i can to produce enough vapor for a good hit. But in your case, go the opposite direction and try just hitting it faster. You're using the included batteries right?

steiner666,

FEAR420

Im about to purchase my FOURTH MF-LB....I hope they have some sort of discount plan for multiple buyers. And before you all ask,NO,they didnt break. They were either given away as gifts or sold for a profit. :cool:

FEAR420,

MasterJake

Ok I think I finally got it down . I take the battery out as soon as the vapor starts coming out of the mouthpiece and start ripping it . Not much visible vapors but no burning and i'm definentely feeling the effects :ko:

MasterJake,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
awesome masterjake. you'll eventually find your zone as you experiment some more.

SSS,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
FEAR420 said:
Im about to purchase my FOURTH MF-LB....I hope they have some sort of discount plan for multiple buyers. And before you all ask,NO,they didnt break. They were either given away as gifts or sold for a profit. :cool:
That's funny...can I have a discount since I am selling them at a markup already?

stickstones,

FEAR420

stickstones said:
FEAR420 said:
That's funny...can I have a discount since I am selling them at a markup already?
Ok,so I sold ONE for $120 cuz my friends a MORON & couldnt wait the 3 days for Vapeworld to ship. The other 2 were gifts. And the last one I just wound up giving away to a friend who had his shit bagged by the cops.

FEAR420,

Qbit

cannabanana
MasterJake said:
Ok I think I finally got it down . I take the battery out as soon as the vapor starts coming out of the mouthpiece and start ripping it . Not much visible vapors but no burning and i'm definentely feeling the effects :ko:
Hehe nice - you'll be a Jedi yet, MasterJake. :ninja:

EDIT Oh yeah are you stirring the trench between hits? Being the kind of vape it is it cooks the bottom of the herb but not the top, so you need to stir. Just don't poke at the screen too hard with anything that could damage it - I often use a small coin.

And as for when to start toking, I usually hold the LB up to a dark background when I put the battery in, and wait for vapour to waft from the mouthpiece.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
FEAR420 said:
stickstones said:
FEAR420 said:
Ok,so I sold ONE for $120 cuz my friends a MORON & couldnt wait the 3 days for Vapeworld to ship. The other 2 were gifts. And the last one I just wound up giving away to a friend who had his shit bagged by the cops.
To be fair, in that time he might have saved $20 on weed (if he was a heavy enough smoker). People have done much dumber things.

Qbit,
Top Bottom