Beezleb

magicflight said:
Dak said:
Is there anyway to get the new model of the Magic Flight Launch Box without shelling out another 90 dollars? I only ordered mine on 1/05 and didn't realize there was supposed to be a new model coming out. Sure the fix for the heat sounds great, but I can't really afford to replace the old model that I just got a few days ago.
Hi,

Important clarification: There is no new model -- the only thing being discussed is new packaging. We have been getting a lot of questions about "when is the new model coming out?" and "should I wait to purchase?" -- so I wanted to state for the record that the Box itself is unchanged. It works in exactly the same way as previously. We are merely changing the packaging from cardboard (which people usually discard) to tin (which people usually keep). This is in accordance with our ongoing incremental efforts at an improved environmental policy.

Since there are a lot of different vendors ordering from us on many varied purchasing cycles, it may be some time before the new packaging is visible at all locations. Please have patience with whichever vendor you are ordering from. The only reason I mentioned it here on FC was to give everyone a "heads up" in advance of our making the change.

-- Magic-flight
Thanks for the heads up from the change. Im still happy with my Beta!

Beezleb,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
MoeOnTheMoon said:
magicflight said:
djdna said:
do you sell the cleaning brushes separately?
Yes, we do. Just ask for it at the BlissSville.com site. People can get spare batteries there as well (pre-peeled and with a battery case!).

Edit: the direct link is http://www.blisssville.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=195

-- Magic-flight
Hey, I was going to order a brush, but it says I have to pay $6.00 for shipping it? Did I read that right?
Hi,

It is my understanding with BlissSville.com that orders below a certain value ship for free -- I think your brush is included under that. I will double check for sure. I believe that items like that would ship in a regular USPS envelope.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

Acaseofchaos

Are you buying a brush online? Can't you just go to any arts and crafts store and find like... 10000 of them? its just a simple tiny brush. Its like buying a single pen/pencil online...

When i use my LB, the herbs tend to get black. It has not burned, because i cant smell any smoke at all. Why is this? I get clouds of vapor when i exhale. Im guessing after i use my box for a bit it will cool down and it wont get black and i wont get as big of clouds.

Acaseofchaos,

Bananas

get vaked
from blisssville's website:
"
Shipping & Returns
Shipping within the United States

Shipping and handling for all orders $75 and over is Free.

Shipping and Handling for all orders under $75 is $6.
"

also, just submitted my order, can't wait for the MFLB! :)

Bananas,

smoking Joe

Acaseofchaos said:
Are you buying a brush online? Can't you just go to any arts and crafts store and find like... 10000 of them? its just a simple tiny brush. Its like buying a single pen/pencil online...

When i use my LB, the herbs tend to get black. It has not burned, because i cant smell any smoke at all. Why is this? I get clouds of vapor when i exhale. Im guessing after i use my box for a bit it will cool down and it wont get black and i wont get as big of clouds.
What may be happening is that you are at the end of the bowl and the herb is getting pretty dry. This happens to me with my silver surfer and you must judge when you are at the end of the bowl, or you will com bust. With my LB I found out the wetter the weed is the bigger the "clouds" are. If it's too dry the clouds are faint. You don't need to see a big cloud to get buzzed!

If you combust you won't smell smoke, you will taste it. NASTY!

smoking Joe,
Reactions: ntaylor

Breadnought

I ordered a Launch Box on Monday (with the discount, thanks Magic Flight!) but I won't be able to use it until I'm back at school. I had it shipped there because I was worried it wouldn't be delivered to my house before I drove back to school, but I got an email from Ariel saying it would be there on Thursday! Oh well, guess I should put a bit more faith in their shipping next time. Really looking forward to using it though!

Breadnought,

Acaseofchaos

"If you combust you won't smell smoke, you will taste it. NASTY!"

I dont smell or taste any smoke. When i breathe out, i smell the vapor cloud to make sure, but only if its a larger cloud. I had a shitty vaporizer a year ago, and it tastes the same/ smells the same (the vapor)

And the shipping isn't always definite. It isnt blisssville's fault once they ship the package, its whoever the carrier is. Mine came in a USPS envelope from vapeworld. It shipped on monday and came on wednesday.

Acaseofchaos,
Finally my LB arrived today :D I shouldn't have picked the cheapest shipping option , I'm very impressed simple as can be and works like a charm , didn't even fire up the extreme when I got off work this little box was way easier to use :p and got Vaked off of about half what I load the E with .

Thanks Magic-Flight !!!

BcBud420,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Acaseofchaos said:

As to the brush, it's actually easier ordering online than driving to a store or stores to try and find the right one. And if the shipping is free, as it apparently is, I'd just as soon order from BlissSville. One reason is that I want the exact stiffness of brush recommended, and I'm not sure if the one I have is the best or not. Don't want to hurt my l'il buddy! ;)

As to the temp of your box, they say it cools. I'd rather have one a bit too hot because then you can control it (cool it) with a heavier inhale; but if it's too cool you can't do anything with it to make it run hotter. Also you'll get more battery use if it runs hotter, I think.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Acaseofchaos said:

As to the brush, it's actually easier ordering online than driving to a store or stores to try and find the right one. And if the shipping is free, as it apparently is, I'd just as soon order from BlissSville. One reason is that I want the exact stiffness of brush recommended, and I'm not sure if the one I have is the best or not. Don't want to hurt my l'il buddy! ;)

As to the temp of your box, they say it cools. I'd rather have one a bit too hot because then you can control it (cool it) with a heavier inhale; but if it's too cool you can't do anything with it to make it run hotter. Also you'll get more battery use if it runs hotter, I think.
I just use a tooth brush. You can chop off some of the handle so that it is more portable.

aero18,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
I know this is a bit random because you guys are talking about brushes but an idea dawned on me today.. what if i tinted my LB plastic cover? do you guys think that lightly tinting it would look nice or do you think i would have trouble seeing the condition of my herbs?

HighSti,
Pimp my LB!! the new show from MTV = FAIL , I don't think it would be a good idea to tint it , maybe just wear some cool aviator shades while vape'n that should do the trick .

BcBud420,
Reactions: ntaylor

aero18

vaporist
HighSti said:
I know this is a bit random because you guys are talking about brushes but an idea dawned on me today.. what if i tinted my LB plastic cover? do you guys think that lightly tinting it would look nice or do you think i would have trouble seeing the condition of my herbs?
I would say that it would make it harder for you to see how roasted the herbs are.

Keep it the way it is.

aero18,

B.

War Criminal
^^^Agreed

I vaguely recall talk of a LB with a wood cover...I think that would be cool. Maybe with the logo burned onto it. I feel like my box skills are good, I don't really need to see the load, and I bet it wood look both more badass and more discrete.

Magic Flight-would it be possible to order a box with a custom top like this? We should call it The Elite.

B.,

aero18

vaporist
Magic-Flight, could you make a battery extension that would have a button that could turn off the battery? Using this device, can you alsomake the battery face up against the wood frame (parallel) instead of perpendicularly to the body?

Do you understand what I mean? Is it possible?

aero18,

Acaseofchaos

I agree with the parallel thing for the battery. It is awkward in my palm with one small part sticking out, and would be a lot less awkward if it was parallel. Yet, it isnt too much of a problem besides a "if i could change it i'de do this... but its not that important''

Acaseofchaos,

nickzzzx

That would be awesome if there was a some kind of battery compartment and a button used to turn it on and off.
It would make the MF seem more complete, ya know?
Eliminating the external use of the battery and making it internal (inside the box) would simplify the design overall and make for an increased ease of use, especially in 'stealthy' situations or in situations where someone may not (physically) be able to hold both the battery and the box at the same time.
Maybe the reason why there is no internal battery compartment is because the battery only lasts about 1 trench, causing the need to change batteries often. But then again, I'm sure some people only use one trench a day (and 1 battery).

Just some thoughts...

nickzzzx,

aero18

vaporist
You could have this compartment attach to the already existing battery port (name?) in my idea. I think this would add more flexibility.

aero18,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Early on there was some discussion about a button to power on, etc. MF said they were trying to keep costs down, and a switch would add to that, as well as increase warranty issues.

However, since then we have seen the addition of a light and a power adapter, so who knows?

I, for one, like the simplicity of the Box the way it is.

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
is this power adapter out and avaliable yet? It would be nice for the car, or home on the off chance i wanna use my LB over the other units.

IAmKrazy2,

wthanna

I agree. Keep it simple. One of the strengths of the Launch Box is its simplicity. Switches break. This has been discussed at length in past posts.

wthanna,

MacRadish

Just informed by Thomas Distributing that the LaCrosse 9009 has "issues" and they no longer will be selling them. They are recommending the C9000 as a replacement.

I bought the LaCrosse9009 from them and it's acting strange right out of the box. Attempted to RMA it and was informed of their discontinuation of that particular model.

MacRadish,
Top Bottom