HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So here's my story.
Ive been using our favorite herb for quite some time now. When i first started out I had a pipe and that was my main method of consumption. progressing through my life with weed, I began to use various methods of consumption (all Combustion based). I knew about vaporizers but at the time, i believed they were well out of my realistic range (price, concealing, etc.). Areo18, who i personally first introduced weed to, spend a significant amount of time researching found vaporizing to be fairly realistic for his situation. He bought a Da buddha which he loved.

He kept telling me about all the benefits of vaporizing. I thought to myself "I HAVE to try this." This summer when Went over to areo18's house, he not only showed me the fun of DB but introduced to me a realistic portable vaporizer called the Vapor Genie. After spending a week of vaping with it, i grew to love it and saw it as a realistic thing for me to have. I then purchased one to allow me some additional stealth and obviously all the benefits of vaporizing. Later in the year.. i would say about November, Areo18 showed me this new thing called the Launch box. I saw it when we were smoking, being already high and trying the LB a few times did not convince me of much.. I actually almost didn't believe its effectiveness it due to its size.

Well last month, something terrible happened. I was using my VG in my car with a friend in the parking lot of a store when a cop showed up behind me and came up to my window. I rolled it down and he asked me to step out of the vehicle. He claimed he smelled unburned marijuana.. I told him yes there is marijuana in the car but only because I knew it smelled and that he now had probable cause to search my car. Lying to a cop is a bad idea if you know you have something that is right there and can be easily found. The cop ended up obtaining 5 grams of some REALLY dank shit, a scale, and my pipe. At this point I was really upset that this had to have happened to me (a peaceful, non-violent person who just wants to make the world a better place). I now have a criminal charge pending for the possession of a plant.. CRIMINAL. honestly i think the government should be looking for real criminals, people who inflict damage, injury and put the general public in danger.

Anyway, its been three weeks since the event and after this amount of time, i decided that it isn't worth staying away from weed. Yes i know all of you may think i am stupid after something like this has happened but you didn't give me a chance to explain myself yet. I thought about my cousin areo18, a college student that doesn't always have a lot of money to spend on weed and needs to do it discreetly. I wanted to continue using weed because it enhances my life but i had to thing of very stealthy ways to do it that don't involve smoke and large amounts of weed. THE MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX! Thats when it came to me.. why haven't i thought about this before. Its such a small unit and will be very easy to conceal and it doesn't eat your bud like combustion does.

I placed an order on a unit last week. It should arrive tomorrow. I am very excited to change the way I use weed. I think this launch box will protect me from future criminal charges and make it easier for me to use weed without many others knowing. My lawyer said there is a high chance of this charge never showing on my record because its my first offense. The cop never found my VG which was still under my seat. This had to go as it was not discreet enough and got me in trouble. I sold it and used the money to purchase the LB. I will no longer be using large quantities of weed and I'm well aware of the dangers and how i need to proceed with extreme caution. I learned my lesson and just need to do things the safest way possible. I get it tomorrow or the next day so I will only be able to use it once or twice before I have to quit for a month (I need to have clean urine for my trial). Im so excited about being able to use this device easily and safely after my trial. I will post a review once it arrives. Sorry about the long post but i just wanted to share my excitement for this. Thanks Magic-flight! :D

HighSti,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Vaping keif from a grinder shouldn't cause any harm to your launch box right? i mean it doesn't require a high temp like hash but it isn't oily either.. anyone who has tried loading a trench of keif have any input?

HighSti,

Beezleb

gums up the screen. Kief is not recommended. If you search the early information in this thread or the beta thread you will see where it is discussed though probably hard to actually locate.

Beezleb,

aero18

vaporist
Beezleb said:
gums up the screen. Kief is not recommended. If you search the early information in this thread or the beta thread you will see where it is discussed though probably hard to actually locate.
I've vaped kief mixed in with a little (little!) bit of herb. It was fine...

aero18,

Acaseofchaos

highsti, u ever learn about paragraphs... If the cop smelled weed, what difference does it make if u have a VG or a LB? U'de still have the weed for it, which can be smelled. But, to help if a cop does smell it, dont have as much weed on u at a time. The more weed u have, the more they want to get u fucked. If u have a small amount, maybe 1 gram, they wont treat u as if u hav 5. Since its a first offense, they will most likely give u community service or something.

My LB came with a small plastic container, i put weed in there and tried smelling it, i couldnt. Dont keep ur weed out, or else the smell builds up more, try to put it in an airtight container, glass jars work well, pill bottles work well. Plastic bags are not good, the smell will leak through easily. If u end up having to do a drug test, DONT FUCKING SMOKE!!!! Dont trust those pills or any of that detox shit. The best way to know u will pass is to not smoke for a month.

Acaseofchaos,

B.

War Criminal
I've vaped kief both with and without bud with no consequence so far.

Highsti-the LB will cut down on the smell factor for sure. Never used a VG, so I can't tell ya how much of a difference it makes. I know people who got caught with way worse shit than you and were able to keep it off their record. As long as you didn't talk to the cops. Never admit anything once you've been mirandized(sp?), and often times they won't have anything on you.

B.,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Acaseofchaos said:
highsti, u ever learn about paragraphs... If the cop smelled weed, what difference does it make if u have a VG or a LB? U'de still have the weed for it, which can be smelled. But, to help if a cop does smell it, dont have as much weed on u at a time. The more weed u have, the more they want to get u fucked. If u have a small amount, maybe 1 gram, they wont treat u as if u hav 5. Since its a first offense, they will most likely give u community service or something.

My LB came with a small plastic container, i put weed in there and tried smelling it, i couldnt. Dont keep ur weed out, or else the smell builds up more, try to put it in an airtight container, glass jars work well, pill bottles work well. Plastic bags are not good, the smell will leak through easily. If u end up having to do a drug test, DONT FUCKING SMOKE!!!! Dont trust those pills or any of that detox shit. The best way to know u will pass is to not smoke for a month.
Yeah my bad.. i was on a rant.. ill edit tomorrow. and it only smelled because i was dealing and often had my air tight jar open. Normally i manage my stuff well but when you pick up ounces.. its kinda hard to keep it 100% smell free. and my trial inst for another month or two. im just gonna test my launch box and then stop until my trial. that will give me 1-2 months. Im skinny and will get rid of thc in my system in about 2 weeks as i have tested myself before. im just stopping earlier to be safe. and b i didn't say anything until he dispatched dogs. I played it as well as i could for the situation i was in. but at least they didn't catch me two days earlier when i had 28 grams....

My new idea of how im gonna manage my lifestyle.
-Very conserved (small amounts of bud and a lot more vaporizing then combustion)
-Launch box for stealth.. im never going to do anything in my car again.. EVER.
I cannot emphasize how important this is.. just get out walk a little or in a house. its not worth sitting in a death trap.
-Never sell again

stuff like that will help me stay out of trouble. it happens when you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

HighSti,

caseball2051

Hello folks,

Prospective buyer here. Long time lurker finally deciding to post up. Seems like a nice atmosphere here.

Now, i wont lie to you. I have only read 4 -5 pages of this thread. The first 2, and the latest 2-3. I am looking to buy this product and had a few questions. Most of which I can probably answer for myself once i read through teh entire thread in a few days.

My biggest concern however, is whats teh status of the new design of this product? i saw videos a few pages back that said there was a hotter version? a newer updated version perhaps with a light?

Ive heard about the great site here. And hope yall can help me out!

Have a good day :)

caseball2051,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
BlissSville is already shipping the newer boxes with the light. You can email vapeworld to see if they have the new ones also. The temp thing was a bad box or the beta boxes which some say aren't as hot but are not for sale any longer. You should be good to go!

Lo,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
lo said:
BlissSville is already shipping the newer boxes with the light. You can email vapeworld to see if they have the new ones also. The temp thing was a bad box or the beta boxes which some say aren't as hot but are not for sale any longer. You should be good to go!
The ones they are shipping have the light and have had it for some time. The betas are from a long time ago.

Some run hotter than others, but the average LB works just fine. They're all tested before shipping.

Get one, you won't be disappointed. Smaller than most people imagine they are. I was surprised when I got mine, even though I'd seen the photo comparing it to a quarter.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
I received two LB's that were shipped to me to be picked up by my cousin (HighSti) and his friend. I see that the light being installed in these devices are much smaller than mine (the earlier version). Very nice! Uses less energy, slightly more discrete, and yet still very functional!

The copper coil that wraps around the inserted batteries does not jut out like mine does, which keeps the top screen from lying flat when a battery is not placed inside of it (there's a gap). This scratched a circular ring around the screen and has made the screen much looser because of the friction that this creates on the hole that the screen is fastened to. In the newer version, it seems to have been pushed 'down' and the jutting portion has been shaved off, avoiding this problem. Good refinement.

aero18,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
I am literally 1 hour away from seeing my device thanks to aero18. Review to be expected sometime
in the near future as I am just waiting on my dealer to
get me some bud for tonight. :D

HighSti,

Qbit

cannabanana
Hey HighSti, hang on to all your police and court documentation - it's going to be something to show the kids/grandkids (assuming you don't already have any) once the herb becomes fully legal. :cool:

Qbit,

aero18

vaporist
Qbit said:
Hey HighSti, hang on to all your police and court documentation - it's going to be something to show the kids/grandkids (assuming you don't already have any) once the herb becomes fully legal. :cool:
The decriminalization bill that is in our house (congress) will decriminalize possession so criminal charges may be dropped altogether. It has a high chance of passing.

The legalization bill in the senate... well, that doesn't have as much support... but either way it might turn out alright for HighSti.

aero18,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
aero18 said:
Qbit said:
The decriminalization bill that is in our house (congress) will decriminalize possession so criminal charges may be dropped altogether. It has a high chance of passing.

The legalization bill in the senate... well, that doesn't have as much support... but either way it might turn out alright for HighSti.
Lets hope it all works out in Washington state. If they decriminalize before my trial, I may never see a single charge, community service, or probation. Just received my launch box today. I am extremely satisfied with its overall presentation. I have confirmed that i will be picking up a SMALL sack to test out my launch box. I should be posting a review sometime tomorrow night (conditions permitting). So excited to use it i can barely wait to wake up tomorrow.

HighSti,

Acaseofchaos

"If they decriminalize before my trial, I may never see a single charge, community service, or probation."

I dont think thats gonna happen. Can someone post a link to an article about decriminalization/ legalization. I know California and Washington are going to try to get legalization this November, but i havnt heard about anything on a federal level...

Acaseofchaos,

LOCKSTOCK93

Hey Guys,

If I'm asking this in the wrong place, please let me know - Can I buy the Launch Box from anywhere in Canada? It really clears things up in the shipping.

Thanks a lot

LOCKSTOCK93,

aero18

vaporist
Acaseofchaos said:
"If they decriminalize before my trial, I may never see a single charge, community service, or probation."

I dont think thats gonna happen. Can someone post a link to an article about decriminalization/ legalization. I know California and Washington are going to try to get legalization this November, but i havnt heard about anything on a federal level...
This is on a state level. Five Washington congressmen are trying to legalize cannabis in January-Febuary. California is looking at legalization in its congress tomorrow, however, there is a referendum for legalization in this coming November.

aero18,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
aero18 said:
Acaseofchaos said:

This is on a state level. Five Washington congressmen are trying to legalize cannabis in January-Febuary. California is looking at legalization in its congress tomorrow, however, there is a referendum for legalization in this coming November.
Lets say the votes are substantial in WA.. how soon can we see this decriminalization occur? rather.. when are they voting in WA?

HighSti,

Geofresh

Well guys I got my LB on the ninth. Let me preface this by saying that I planned wholeheartedly on writing a review that night. Well let's just say this little box has kept me distracted enough to forget about writing said review! All in all a good thing for you (the reader) as I now have more experience with the unit!

First thing I noticed was how small it was, and also how much I liked how it looked. Luckily I got it right on my first trench (thanks to everyone here) and toasted the herb to a nice golden brown. Upon exhaling my first few hits I was delighted to see a nice whispy cloud of vapor. I didn't really expect this from such a small unit.

I have now run several trenches through it and have gotten a nice draw pattern down. I could not be happier with my purchase.

Thanks again Magic Flight!

Geofresh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
magicflight...

A while ago I had the box in my pocket with the smallest tube in the hole. I moved and pushed the tube in enough to push the screen away from the wood (I can push it back, but it doesn't stay next to the wood anymore). It got me thinking, and I don't know if this is at all plausible, but if that hole was tapered a little, or even countersunk (?) enough so that it couldn't go through, dummies like me might not mess up their units like this. This is not a 'fix my unit' post, as it was a beta box. But if this is a good idea, I wanted to throw it out there.

stickstones,
Reactions: ntaylor

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stickstones said:
magicflight... if this is a good idea, I wanted to throw it out there.
Hi Stickstones,

The production Boxes have a small lip that prevents the tube from being inserted too far -- we noticed the issue also during the Beta run. Thanks for the notice, though!

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,
Reactions: ntaylor

rayski

Magic-Flight...

How 'bout a bumper or spring to keep loose batteries from making contact.

rayski,
Top Bottom