djdna

quick question for magic flight if theyre still reading these forums...

do you sell the cleaning brushes separately? if so where can i buy one in uk? and if not do you know of anything similar for sale commercially?

djdna,

nickzzzx

I'm so excited to order my Magic Flight tomorrow! I've probably read every review on the net and it sounds perfect for me.

Right now I'm using a Da Buddha but it's just impractical for me to bring my bag everywhere I go, not to mention very unsafe (legally).

nickzzzx,

rayski

alucard said:
Is the only difference between the "Magic-Flight Launch Tube- The Basics" and the "Magic-Flight Launch Box Kit *No Charger* Kit" a lack of a cleaning brush and batteries?
Links for reference:
http://www.blisssville.com/product_info.php?products_id=183&osCsid=f9e3b7df65ba685ded79f606945efa83
http://www.blisssville.com/product_info.php?products_id=203&osCsid=f9e3b7df65ba685ded79f606945efa83
It's hard to say that because the Launch Tube and the Launch Box are very different.
The Launch Tube is a lot less popular than the lb.

rayski,

alucard

Ah okay, thanks; I hadn't realized that they were different products. Also, it looks like the retailers match the Blissvale price for the standard kit now.

alucard,

LOCKSTOCK93

Hi Magic-Flight,

Are there any authorized dealers(unintentional pun) in Canada whom i can purchase a couple of Launch-Boxes from? Thanks a lot for your help, Lockstock93

LOCKSTOCK93,

aero18

vaporist
nickzzzx said:
Just curious, is there any kind of finish or oil put on the wood of the box?
I don't think so. I just put some Zapolish on it from my MyrtleZap and I like it. Made the wood look 'fuller' and slightly more dynamic. Also made it darker.

aero18,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
nickzzzx said:
Hi,

We apply one coat of odorless/pharmaceutical food grade butcher block oil to prevent discoloration due to handling (skin oils). The wood is otherwise unfinished/untreated and guaranteed natural.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
LOCKSTOCK93 said:
Hi Magic-Flight,

Are there any authorized dealers(unintentional pun) in Canada whom i can purchase a couple of Launch-Boxes from? Thanks a lot for your help, Lockstock93
Hi Lockstock93,

We have had some requests from a few Canadian vendors and distributors, but nothing finalized as yet. Best bet is to purchase online in the short term.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

CanadaBoy

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have made any homemade tips/stems? (lost my small one :lol:)

CanadaBoy,

sundaddy

CanadaBoy said:
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have made any homemade tips/stems? (lost my small one :lol:)
I took a Dremel tool cutter, and cut down the long tube, to make one more short one and one medium, you
'll have to lightly sand the cut ends smooth.

sundaddy,

Dak

Is there anyway to get the new model of the Magic Flight Launch Box without shelling out another 90 dollars? I only ordered mine on 1/05 and didn't realize there was supposed to be a new model coming out. Sure the fix for the heat sounds great, but I can't really afford to replace the old model that I just got a few days ago.

Dak,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
magicflight said:
nickzzzx said:
Hi,

We apply one coat of odorless/pharmaceutical food grade butcher block oil to prevent discoloration due to handling (skin oils). The wood is otherwise unfinished/untreated and guaranteed natural.

-- Magic-flight
Isn't butcher block oil just glorified mineral oil? What's the difference? From what I've heard, one can use plain old mineral oil on wood, no? (only on the outside of the box, of course)

MoeOnTheMoon,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Dak said:
Is there anyway to get the new model of the Magic Flight Launch Box without shelling out another 90 dollars? I only ordered mine on 1/05 and didn't realize there was supposed to be a new model coming out. Sure the fix for the heat sounds great, but I can't really afford to replace the old model that I just got a few days ago.
Hi,

Important clarification: There is no new model -- the only thing being discussed is new packaging. We have been getting a lot of questions about "when is the new model coming out?" and "should I wait to purchase?" -- so I wanted to state for the record that the Box itself is unchanged. It works in exactly the same way as previously. We are merely changing the packaging from cardboard (which people usually discard) to tin (which people usually keep). This is in accordance with our ongoing incremental efforts at an improved environmental policy.

Since there are a lot of different vendors ordering from us on many varied purchasing cycles, it may be some time before the new packaging is visible at all locations. Please have patience with whichever vendor you are ordering from. The only reason I mentioned it here on FC was to give everyone a "heads up" in advance of our making the change.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Isn't butcher block oil just glorified mineral oil? What's the difference? From what I've heard, one can use plain old mineral oil on wood, no? (only on the outside of the box, of course)
Hi,

We have wondered that exact same thing ourselves -- its a question that needs to be asked of the vendor for the butcher block oil. For our purposes, the important part is the FDA certification. We require certain assurances that the (otherwise minimal) finish is absolutely safe to use, and we get them so as to be sure that what we are selling is a good product for everyone.

People are welcome to reapply the finish at any time themselves so as to preserve the natural color of the wood. We recommend the Jasco brand -- they have an off the shelf consumer version that is generally available.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

driesclothesfaster

A few questions:
1. I've had my unit for a while, and I'm very happy with it, however, I can't seem to get the visible vapor IN THE UNIT that some videos show. I get a little exhale vapor, but I don't get that swirling vapor coming out of the mouth hole at all. I'm using what I think are freshly charged batteries (unless I somehow messed up my stock batteries) and holding it in for the proper amount of time.
2. What other fun herbs can I put in the Launch Box? I've been putting the herb in there, but what else can I do? Some mint? Maybe some black tea for an energy boost? Would love some ideas! (posted this earlier and didn't get much of an answer.

Thanks!

driesclothesfaster,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
driesclothesfaster said:
A few questions:
1. I've had my unit for a while, and I'm very happy with it, however, I can't seem to get the visible vapor IN THE UNIT that some videos show. I get a little exhale vapor, but I don't get that swirling vapor coming out of the mouth hole at all. I'm using what I think are freshly charged batteries (unless I somehow messed up my stock batteries) and holding it in for the proper amount of time.
2. What other fun herbs can I put in the Launch Box? I've been putting the herb in there, but what else can I do? Some mint? Maybe some black tea for an energy boost? Would love some ideas! (posted this earlier and didn't get much of an answer.

Thanks!
You arent really going to see a 'swirling vapor' in your LB (at least I dont) wait - I take that back. I did when I acidentally combusted. :)

What I like to do is look through the draw straw at the amber light. You can almost see directly to it - notice how the vapors build around the light (its kinda neat) The most I see my LB provide on the underside of the glass is a little hazing. Once I inhale it clears up almost immediately.
Your hits wont be monstrous - thats not the point of this vape. Its a very efficient MDS (medication delivery system) without all of the bells and whistles. Once you have had it for a few days and have learned the draw tech regular usage, you will really like it!

I think I might try some Zapolish on my LB tonight too! (Good call on that one!)

EDIT - And there is a thread on here somewhere regarding different herbs that can be vaped. Mint (or one sort) is rather popular as it kind of clears out the last thing vaped flavors in a pleasureable way.

AGBeer,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
aero18 said:
CanadaBoy said:
You don't need it...
Question:
When using the LB "native" do you put your mouth around the whole box, or do you pucker your lips and center them over the hole? (this sounds strangely erotic! :lol: )

And does anyone like using the long stems, or the one with the bubble in it?
I have found in my minimal attempts that they cause me to cough. Why is that? Is there a way around it? I like cooling the vapor more before it gets to my throat, but I don't like to cough. Seems the bubble one might work a little better but I think it still makes me cough. I might have to start experimenting again.

MoeOnTheMoon,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
driesclothesfaster said:
...I don't get that swirling vapor coming out of the mouth hole...
Does the loaded material eventually turn brown? Is it mostly or all brown after 1 or 2 minutes of heating? Are you in a windy location? (perhaps it is being blown away before being visible).
Are you noticing medicinal effects from using it? If not, please contact us privately via email for additional diagnosis/support.

driesclothesfaster said:
... What other fun herbs can I put in the Launch Box?
There is a list posted on the magic-flight.com website of alternate herbs to try. Unfortunately, aside from listing them, as a manufacturer I am prohibited from providing any additional information regarding the qualities/effects (and contraindications) that these various herbs can obtain. The best I can do is recommend searching for each one in good herb books and established online resources (such as erowid.org), or even better, finding an experienced herbalist. Sometimes a reputable Naturopathic doctor can be a lot of help also, although that depends on the specific ND.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

digglover

driesclothesfaster said:
A few questions:

Thanks!
It is a bit of a lighting fluke as to whether you see the swirling vapors or not.

If you use the long stem (the one that gives you a view of the box when using it) and have a good light source on it you can see the vapors forming. Then when you begin to draw (VERY slowly) they seem to swirl in the box.

Basically I just draw slowly with the short peg until the herb is Brown. I don't worry about the swirls anymore. Good for when your learning though.

digglover,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
magicflight said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Hi,

We have wondered that exact same thing ourselves -- its a question that needs to be asked of the vendor for the butcher block oil. For our purposes, the important part is the FDA certification. We require certain assurances that the (otherwise minimal) finish is absolutely safe to use, and we get them so as to be sure that what we are selling is a good product for everyone.

People are welcome to reapply the finish at any time themselves so as to preserve the natural color of the wood. We recommend the Jasco brand -- they have an off the shelf consumer version that is generally available.

-- Magic-flight
Don't read this - it's long - unless you're interested in putting cheap oil on your wooden vapes like the Launch Box to preserve the wood:

Magic-flight, I certainly understand and appreciate your using FDA approved butcher block oil and think you are absolutely correct in doing so, just to be safe. That is just another example of how customer-oriented you are and we appreciate it!

The following is only for those who want to preserve their wood on the LB and perhaps on other vapes etc, who do not want to shell out the $ for "butchers block oil", which tends to be a little pricey:

My research on using oil on my wooden cutting board led me to believe that plain old mineral oil is just as good and WAY cheaper for personal home use. I put some mineral oil on my MZ and it worked great, darkened up the wood a little and it feels much less dry. I also use it on my cutting board and some wooden carvings I have.

As to whether or not butcher block oil is better in any way than mineral oil, I don't really know, though I've read some opinions on the web that say it is not.

I did find this:
"MOST block oils are just food grade mineral oil. The cheapest version of this, as you stated, is laxative mineral oil from the pharmacy. I can't comment on any others but Boos oil contains mineral, linseed, and tung oil. The latter two are drying oils which cure to a harder state to form a cross-linked polymer. From my experience this oil seals much better and lasts much longer than anything else I've used. It does impart a deeper yellow color than mineral oil though."

I also found some info that says the manufacturers of wooden cutting boards use mineral oil on them before selling them. This leads me to believe that Magic-Flight could save some money by also using mineral oil if they wanted to.

And this:
"Mineral Oil is the most traditional finish for a butcher block. Used for years by butchers around the world to keep their blocks in good shape. All of our cutting boards come standard with mineral oil and countertops, island tops or workbenches can be purchased with this finish as an option. When applied, Mineral Oil seals the pores of the wood blocking the penetration of moisture. This of course extends the life of the Butcher Block. While Mineral Oil is a great finish it does require maintenance. This is highly dependant on the environment and the amount of use the surface gets. The owner of an oiled block should be sensitive to the color and feel of the block. When the block begins to look dry the block should be re-oiled. We do NOT recommend any oil made of vegetable or animal fats. These types of oils run the risk of going rancid and can be a health issue. Mineral oil remains safe throughout its life.

Pure mineral oil can be purchased at your local drug store."

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
MoeOnTheMoon,
Top Bottom