Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think I have a new hard-hitting low-combustion-risk technique:
-Best with PA use
-Whip necessary (1/2 feet ideal)
-The technique is about using a whip for good visual feedback and ability to shake during hits. And also the lips formation to get precise hand-control over the regulation and for vapor/air ratio.

1) Breath deeply for a while to get ready (oxygen) for a long potent hit. Then start heating and wait that 3 second.
2) "Compress" your lips so only tiny hole is left in the middle, start sipping sloooowly and steady.
3) Regulation:
-Brought in: You regulate with placement of the mouthpiece, touching the hole in the middle of lips - clearing the vapor, further - boosting. It is easy, as you regulate now with your hand musles which are more precise that lung muscles. This sipping through tiny hole in the lips also gives high vapor-air ratio.
-Feedback: Visual feedback in good lightning (dark background, in front of light source). With the whip you can see the vapor flow in the acrylic part on the MFLB side very easily.
4) Do fast shakes several times during the hit - it's like a multiple hit, you expose new unvaped surface.
-You can sip really slowly with this technique and can take looong hits with high vapor/air ratio. If done correctly, you can sip vapor for minutes with this technique, that's also why i recommended to get some oxygen overload before.
5) Stop heating and pull the vapor remains when you've had enough.

Seek,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I made some revisions
http://imgur.com/YWRgq

Hopefully, the flow control would be somewhat calibrated to the temps an mflb runs at. So that you can press the battery, open the middle and it would do the rest. If not, open-close-open-close like inhaling could be used.

New version makes it way more user friendly.
- No mess and easy refilling.
- Smaller
- Simpler
- Movable lid and locking container allow the mflb to be shaken mid-draw
- Easier and more cleanly inhaling process.
- Fail-safes
Shit... that new airflow regulator is genius! I like how you think.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I made some revisions
http://imgur.com/YWRgq

Hopefully, the flow control would be somewhat calibrated to the temps an mflb runs at. So that you can press the battery, open the middle and it would do the rest. If not, open-close-open-close like inhaling could be used.

New version makes it way more user friendly.
- No mess and easy refilling.
- Smaller
- Simpler
- Movable lid and locking container allow the mflb to be shaken mid-draw
- Easier and more cleanly inhaling process.
- Fail-safes

You have some cool ideas. Quick turnaround on a redesign to.

One thing I would like to see on it, is some sort of sight glass, or perhaps a portion of it transparent, so your pull can be regulated easier.

BigDaddyVapor,

X24

Energizer Recharge NiMH batteries work well enough. Are around $10 for 4 at Walmart.

Only 2300 mAh, I believe, but they definitely get through a trench easily and with some decent vapor clouds every pull. (more than I can comfortably kill)

Any idea of how to carry extra batteries?

X24,

Quetzalcoatl

Energizer Recharge NiMH batteries work well enough. Are around $10 for 4 at Walmart.

Only 2300 mAh, I believe, but they definitely get through a trench easily and with some decent vapor clouds every pull. (more than I can comfortably kill)

Any idea of how to carry extra batteries?
http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Des...id=1343004364&sr=1-3&keywords=AA+battery+case

I have the one that came with my Powerex's. Opens from the right, if it's positive end up it's charged, if it's positive end down, it's done.

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

One thing I would like to see on it, is some sort of sight glass, or perhaps a portion of it transparent, so your pull can be regulated easier.

Excellent idea, wouldn't be half as much fun if you couldn't watch. Nobody I know paints their glass.....

OF

OF,

skippy

http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Des...id=1343004364&sr=1-3&keywords=AA+battery+case

I have the one that came with my Powerex's. Opens from the right, if it's positive end up it's charged, if it's positive end down, it's done.
Yep I do the same. It depends on what you want to store your MFLB in really.
When I go out I use a sunglass case, put in the box a little container that used to have lip balm in it and batteries with caps on them,and brush and little spoon for taking the herb out of the lip balm container.
i got the spoon out of an ice cream bucket I bought, it was a european ice cream they sell here in OZ but it works great for my purpose and its perfect size.

skippy,

Leo

Your prayers have been answered. The factory batteries are 2400 mAh LSD batteries. That means "Low Self Discharge", something like 80% remaining after a year. The 'better' 2700 mAh standard (HSD) ones loose that much in the first day or so. As it seems you've discovered they're basically 'dead' for our purposes a month or so down the road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_self-discharge_NiMH_battery

Go with the LSDs and you'll do fine (it's why the factory uses them, they come to you charged.....).

"Be careful what you ask for...".

As I just 'splained above, you're buying the wrong stuff if you want use them the day after charging..... Simple numbers often don't tell the whole story. Low internal resistance, for instance, is what allows maximum power on demand. It's usually a trade off with capacity (the 'hottest' ones and longest lived don't happen at the same time, you have to choose one over the other).

The highest number is not necessarily the best choice.

OF

Thank you the information.

The other posting was my wanting someone to invent a battery that you use over and over again for months without requiring a recharge. A new SUPER battery that won't be invented for a really long time.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yes! You can vape a MFLB with a Black Leaf Saxo bubbler. It took me less than a trench to get the temp and pull right. I'll post a video, if I get the chance. If I'm not wiped out by then. This is too much fun to stop. I'm in trouble when I get my SSFG on Monday.

My milk shot, isn't as impressive as Wat's SSV (wishful thinking, especially considering this thing is @#$%ing HUGE)... but its more than what most people think is possible. But, when its your only vape and you've spent every day with it, for over a year... you pick up some things. Just need to get the right lighting/background.

Quetzalcoatl

Yessuh, my box + the power adapter = milky 13" beaker. It does indeed work much better than I thought it would have, and I'm also having problems with getting the lighting just right to show how well I can get it milked. The exhaled clouds can be nice too. This last trench of Sour Diesel I'm finishing up was a great/horrible idea. Time to lay in bed and drift to sleep :cool: another successful flight.

Quick edit while I'm still here messing around with my box: My first band broke a while back so I've been using the second one, but some weeks ago I randomly found a thick blue rubber band on the kitchen counter... put two and two together, and it fits perfectly. I suspect it's from the grocery store, the ones they use for produce.

Quetzalcoatl,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, I've got a 12" beaker and its a @#$%ing beast to. Big heavy China bong, but thick as Hell. I can get decent hits off it, when I use my inline ac/perc. Hard to see vapor in it though, because its glazed, except for a portion of the neck. Plus, it really is work using it. Too damn heavy and unwieldy. At least the Saxo, I can grab by the neck and with this massive base, I don't have to worry about knocking it over.

But, when vaping.... I can definitely see the Saxo, fogging up the chamber then moving up the neck and on clear. *POW*

BigDaddyVapor,

Leo

I see a lot postings about all different kinds of batteries and i'm sure the cost of these 2700 batteries, which probably don't really give you 2700. I've heard that 2450 is about the best you should expect and purchase for travel.

EVERYONE:

Most of you probably vap a fair degree at home or in the car.

Buy the AC adapter and the car adapter for an additional 6 bucks or so and you can stop worrying about what type of battery you need and charging etc.

When at home, NO MORE BATTERIES!

Additionally, and perhaps most importantly you can control with a dial, the current which controls the temperature it heats the trench to.

ALSO, the power to the trench remains CONSTANT so your draw rate never needs to be adjusted like the batteries as they drain.

It's great for people who have a hard time pushing in the battery such as folks with arthritis.

If you want LOTS of vapor FAST just turn up the dial ad be prepared for inhaling more vapor than any battery can create.

Keep the temperature just below 1/2 way and the trench creates vapor and the load lasts longer and won't char when your done.

You must be really careful when turning up the power because you can easily scorch your herbs.

The adapter comes with a really cool bag that holds everything you would ever need.
I keep the car adapter plugged in and ready to go. Just unplug the wall AC cord from the power adapter and plug it into your car and you can travel for hours without ever needing a battery.

If you need to go on a long car ride you can preserve your batteries until you really need them.

The adapter combo is about $75 including shipping directly from Magic Flight.

It may seem like a lot of money but trust me it is worth every penny and then some.

You insert a fake battery with an easy push button on the end that turns it on/off.

It is compatible with the new push back ring so there is no need to push anything in just insert, gently press the button and in a few seconds you have vapor.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think I got my lighting situation thing worked out...

Shopped! I can tell by some of the pixels and having seen a few shops in my time.

Besides, we've been told in here many times that you can't get clouds from the LB.

pakalolo,

Quetzalcoatl

Shopped! I can tell by some of the pixels and having seen a few shops in my time.

Besides, we've been told in here many times that you can't get clouds from the LB.
caught red-handed :(

I swear I didn't use witchcraft!

Quetzalcoatl,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Nice clouds, Q... vaping with a stem. All the MFLb is good for. @#$%ing water pieces too big

Well, here's the pitiful Milk Monster video... what say you, b00bs? Oh b00bs? BooBS!

Its, in HD 1080. Go full-screen.

Oh... I swear on the life of my future SSFG 3 pc rig... no tricks, in this video. No other vape hooked up, no trick or edited photography. One, uninterrupted shot.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I gotta thank you two for these videos because as some might have detected, nothing pushes my hot button like someone claiming that the LB can't make clouds.
Did you notice that we don't actually get to see the LB during the draw? I think BDV has an SSV that he keeps hidden away off camera and was actually using that, and not the LB during that video! :lol:
:peace:

Quetzalcoatl

Did you notice that we don't actually get to see the LB during the draw? I think BDV has an SSV that he keeps hidden away off camera and was actually using that, and not the LB during that video! :lol:

Uh......
cough cough

Quetzalcoatl,

NateHevens

Rises, The Dark Knight
Hey! Sorry I've not posted in a while. Was in Georgia on vacation to see The Dark Knight Rises (greatest movie of 2012 at least) and float on cloud 9 with my bro and some friends. Turned a few of them (my brother included) in to MFLB believers (you're welcome). We named my launch box Jasmine, BTW.

Also enjoyed an electronic vape. No idea what kind/brand it was, but it was a flat black box that plugged in. It used a whip. The bowl was at one end of the whip. You fill the bowl, then plug it in to the box. The temperature is set (to 300 in this case), you wait a bit, then enjoy.

Speaking of larger vaporizers, are there any that use bags that are NOT $400 to $600? Something more along the lines of $100 to $200? I mean, I really want a Volcano, but they are way too expensive at the moment.

And hmm... an electric water pipe vaporizer would be cool... anything?

Anyways...

Now for the original reason I'm posting...

:D

Can anyone upload bright, HQ, detailed pics of ABV bud from the launch box? I need to see what it's supposed to look like, and none of the pics I could find are consistent or particularly helpful.

Also... with the plug adapter, do you still have to regulate your breathing? I mean, I know I'd still have to draw slow, but will the temperature still be regulated by my breathing or is it regulated strictly or at least mainly by the PA? That alone would make it worth the $75. I'm still having trouble with this whole breathing thing. I mean, I'm doing better, but this is hard... I blame two years of sometimes smoking cigars (some rolled almost too tightly) for that...

:(

And that's all for now...

NateHevens,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can anyone upload bright, HQ, detailed pics of ABV bud from the launch box? I need to see what it's supposed to look like, and none of the pics I could find are consistent or particularly helpful.
From Vaporpedia:
LBgrind.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Also... with the plug adapter, do you still have to regulate your breathing? I mean, I know I'd still have to draw slow, but will the temperature still be regulated by my breathing or is it regulated strictly or at least mainly by the PA? That alone would make it worth the $75. I'm still having trouble with this whole breathing thing. I mean, I'm doing better, but this is hard... I blame two years of sometimes smoking cigars (some rolled almost too tightly) for that...

:(

And that's all for now...

Stu beat me to it, but let me add this caveat: you cannot rely on colours from pictures posted on the web. These look about right on my monitor but every monitor is different and some are wildly off. It gets more complicated by the fact that the human eye is amazingly good at adapting, so after a couple of minutes a bad colour balance looks normal. I like to advise people to include a known colour like Coke red so that people can get an idea what the correct colour balance is. I like to make my MFLB ABV pretty dark, by the way.

The PA lets you set a temperature that reduces or eliminates the risk of combustion. You still have to avoid drawing too fast else you cool things down too much, but with the right setting you can inhale a lot more slowly, or puff less frequently if you like that technique. You can also wait a bit longer before hitting, which is one way to get a lung buster.

For a reasonably priced bag blower, look for a deal on the Arizer EQ or the Herbalaire, both versatile vaporizers that can do bags or whip.

NateHevens

Rises, The Dark Knight
Thanks Stu and pakalolo. I feel better about the darkness of my ABV now. The PA definitely sounds worth it. Gonna have to save up for it, but I certainly will get it.

And thanks for the suggestions, pakalolo. I'll look into them both...

NateHevens,
Top Bottom