pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That was 1 minute of my life i'd like back. What compelled you to create a completely waste of a video?

Please read the rules before you post again. Pay particular attention to the first section, headed BE NICE.

If you had paid attention you would have noticed that two other members have indicated they liked this video. If all you have to say about something is a rude comment, don't post. Next time you get an infraction.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Vicki

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
What compelled you to create a completely waste of a video?
Maybe if you looked at the context of the video, you would see that it was an informal discussion between BigDaddy and I regarding our problems with capturing vapor clouds with video equipment and lights. The message I included with the video was about thinking I had figured the lighting out, and that coupled with the other video or two, made for more discussion about vapor density coming out of the launch box. There were likes and agreements as to the vapor visibility, so I feel that the feedback I got was a push in the right direction.

I didn't post this video for you, I posted it so that others could see and comment on whether the clouds are more visible that way. It's useful to know which setup I can record best at.

mod note: Please do not respond to flames or trolls, use the report button.

Quetzalcoatl,

Sip

Hello everyone,

I have had two mflb's. The first one was stolen so I bought a second one, and a couple weeks ago the second one was stolen. I am now without a mflb, and I am very sad. I tried contacting customer support about it, but it is not sounding to good. I have provided the agent with both receipts of where I bought my mflb, but she does not seem convinced that it is enough information to bring it to her manager and have success in getting me a new box. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could provide to her in order to increase my chances of getting a new box? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to buy a third mflb.

Sip,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hello everyone,

I have had two mflb's. The first one was stolen so I bought a second one, and a couple weeks ago the second one was stolen. I am now without a mflb, and I am very sad. I tried contacting customer support about it, but it is not sounding to good. I have provided the agent with both receipts of where I bought my mflb, but she does not seem convinced that it is enough information to bring it to her manager and have success in getting me a new box. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could provide to her in order to increase my chances of getting a new box? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to buy a third mflb.

I sympathize with you but although the MFLB warranty is pretty broad, you really can't expect them to cover theft. That's a claim for your insurance company.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hmmm... Seems the heavy gauge wire that wraps around the battery slide, to conduct ground... is loose in my box. My PA (appeared) to stop working last night. I knew the box worked, because after scratching my head for a few minutes, I tried all the batteries and it worked. The batteries have always had a real firm grip, but this PA is real sloppy, like it got milled too small.

Opened the lid, braced the contact side, screwdriver on the loose end, couple whacks with a hammer, seems to have fixed it. Well, keeping my fingers crossed. I know exactly what's wrong, though... frustrating. Wish I had a damn pair of curved/circular pliers.

Hmmm.... probably shouldn't have said anything.

At least it sits tighter and the light (heat) doesn't cut in and out.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: al bundy

Quetzalcoatl

Me too, BigDaddy. I have an older rubber band box (last model to use it, I believe), and the PA bit fits a little looser than my Powerex 2700's. Unfortunately, like you, I'm experiencing random "outages" of power leading to a cold box and a cold pull :(

Quick edit: I bought a $15 Hamilton Beach coffee grinder at Walmart... Used it on ~3g's worth of material (~1.25 Blue Dream, the rest was delicious J-1) and the grind came out nice! For sure easier on my hands than my Space Case, which I now think I will be gifting to my cousin in a few months' time. The kief.... not so much. I mean, it does collect at the bottom under the blades mostly and a bit on the clear top part, but it's sticky, the brush that came with my box doesn't do the best job of clearing it all off... any suggestions? It almost turns into a mush when I try to clean it up :(

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I should add, I did do some troubleshooting. Took the power supply out of the equation, multimeter reading solid 12VDC off the cord.

Readings off the battery end, don't remember low... think it was around 1.2, however... the PA cranks up to a hefty 1.9, close to 2.0 (that's like a AA on every steroid known to man). Uhm... I don't suggest anyone do any hits off a MFLB at max setting.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
HA! Past edit time! Free bump!

So in my awesomeness of brilliant ideas*... I thought, "Why not!? The Travel Beaker isn't the Travel piece! Its the Gridded Inline Bubbler!" Which while it (the box) does have to sit at an odd angle, when you're holding it to the WPA... its not uncomfortable or unwieldy. In fact, I think its easier to balance the box at this angle, than when I'm looking down at it. Also... it works WONDERFULLY with batteries. The Ultimate MFLB Travel Rig! *BAM*

Might take a few days to get a video up. Going to probably be busy during my med/forum sessions with some grooming (yeah, I know it shows me almost always on. That doesn't mean I'm here.)

Oh yeah... THE ULTIMATE MFLB WPA SSFG TRAVEL RIG! (batteries included)
20120801_015308.jpg

20120801_015215.jpg

These two pics are about the angle the bubbler works best at. I prefer maybe a few more degrees, back. You can see the cuts above and the angle. All the pieces; beaker, ac/perc and bubbler, were specifically made for leanback. I like that...a LOT.
20120801_015411.jpg

20120801_015348.jpg

*Yeah, yeah... again. This is where my wife's eyes roll also.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

OF

Quick edit: I bought a $15 Hamilton Beach coffee grinder at Walmart...

The kief.... not so much. I mean, it does collect at the bottom under the blades mostly and a bit on the clear top part, but it's sticky, the brush that came with my box doesn't do the best job of clearing it all off... any suggestions?

I have a similar unit (Proctor Silex) and can highly recommend the same brushes I went to for LB use (only in their 'untrimmed' form). Get a few (cheap?) artist's brushes. Bore Bristle (you want tough), usually the cheapest 'student brushes' in the shop. I use a number 4 flat IIRC, about 1/4 in wide. For LB chores I either trim the bristles back to maybe 3/16 inch to make them stiffer, or more usually at a fairly steep angle so there's a 'point' on one end to dig into the corners of the trench. In it's 'native mode' (but with the handle cut back some) one stays with the grinder. Just the ticket to gently sweep it all up into a little pile in the grinder before brushing the lot out into the jar for storage. I find keeping the dome clean before starting a grind helps hold the kief on the dome surface by static electricity.

Anyway, Bore Bristle artists brushes are my recommendation, both for this and general LB use. Get a few, they're cheap.

OF

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I have a similar unit (Proctor Silex) and can highly recommend the same brushes I went to for LB use (only in their 'untrimmed' form). Get a few (cheap?) artist's brushes. Bore Bristle (you want tough), usually the cheapest 'student brushes' in the shop. I use a number 4 flat IIRC, about 1/4 in wide. For LB chores I either trim the bristles back to maybe 3/16 inch to make them stiffer, or more usually at a fairly steep angle so there's a 'point' on one end to dig into the corners of the trench. In it's 'native mode' (but with the handle cut back some) one stays with the grinder. Just the ticket to gently sweep it all up into a little pile in the grinder before brushing the lot out into the jar for storage. I find keeping the dome clean before starting a grind helps hold the kief on the dome surface by static electricity.

Anyway, Bore Bristle artists brushes are my recommendation, both for this and general LB use. Get a few, they're cheap.

OF

Know what else works well? The brushes that come with most electric shavers. I have a two sided-one. One side... shorter, so stiffer bristles. Great for the trench and works well, on my grinders to. Longer and softer bristles on the other end... good for kief, though you have to be careful, with amount of pressure applied... or it will launch kief (and anything else) across the room. :uhoh: Or, uhm... I would assume that's what the bristles would do, estimated by their length and stiffness and physics.

Hmmm... Seems the heavy gauge wire that wraps around the battery slide, to conduct ground... is loose in my box. My PA (appeared) to stop working last night. I knew the box worked, because after scratching my head for a few minutes, I tried all the batteries and it worked. The batteries have always had a real firm grip, but this PA is real sloppy, like it got milled too small.

Opened the lid, braced the contact side, screwdriver on the loose end, couple whacks with a hammer, seems to have fixed it. Well, keeping my fingers crossed. I know exactly what's wrong, though... frustrating. Wish I had a damn pair of curved/circular pliers.

HA! I figured out how to fix this, completely safe (well, at least I think so. Tech support probably disagrees with me), with a coat hanger and channel locks! Applies more even pressure around the ring, especially on the loose end. Tightened up the ring and holds my PA rock solid!!!

Batteries are a tight ass fit, though. That will loosen it back up some, but hopefully not enough to slip the PA again. However, now I know how to fix it in about a minute... woot!

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: al bundy

OF

HA! I figured out how to fix this, completely safe (well, at least I think so. Tech support probably disagrees with me), with a coat hanger and channel locks! Applies more even pressure around the ring, especially on the loose end. Tightened up the ring and holds my PA rock solid!!!

Batteries are a tight ass fit, though. That will loosen it back up some, but hopefully not enough to slip the PA again. However, now I know how to fix it in about a minute... woot!

Funny world, I did basically the same thing. I used a U loop of wire with curved spots in the arms to 'lock over' the contact in the box to keep it centered while I used vice grips to apply carefully metered pressure in steps (checking fit as I went). I've kept it quiet fearing somebody'd foul up their box being heavy handed or clumsy.....but the cat's out of the proverbial bag now.....

I don't know about electric shavers, or crank or steam ones either. "Only a damn fool would shave in the winter" you know.....

OF

OF,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Funny world, I did basically the same thing. I used a U loop of wire with curved spots in the arms to 'lock over' the contact in the box to keep it centered while I used vice grips to apply carefully metered pressure in steps (checking fit as I went). I've kept it quiet fearing somebody'd foul up their box being heavy handed or clumsy.....but the cat's out of the proverbial bag now.....

This is why we've had such squabbles in the past. We're too damn alike. Except, you're the careful meticulous brother and I'm the @#$% it, man... hand me that damn 5 pound sledge and a screwdriver one!

Though, the vice-grips and caution was me, 20 years ago. Screw it now, I ain't got time to mess around.

I don't know about electric shavers, or crank or steam ones either. "Only a damn fool would shave in the winter" you know.....

OF

I'm with you, there. My wife however... disagrees.

BigDaddyVapor,

al bundy

Vaporist

Now THAT is a good idea.
Ive used the small screw driver trick too and always worried id crack the lid. will try this when i have to.

al bundy,

collegerower

hellomyfrients

That charger is great... I've been using it with 4 Powerex 2700's as my daily driver for a while now, and even with several other people using the box I'm never even close to out of batteries. That being said, it's a little annoying to figure out the interface. If you want to change the charge rate, just hit the current button within a few seconds of inserting a battery and notice the change on screen. Once it gets to the desired charge rate leave it alone. I also don't think there's a way to change the charge rate on a battery where it's already been established, so I usually just pop it out slightly, put it back in, and use the above method.

hellomyfrients,
I use this credit card style grinder from V-syndicate for everything. It's got two different grinding surfaces, one for combustion and one for vaporization. It gives me the best grind I've ever had for the MFLB.

R7xTZ.png

In general the MFLB is one of the best portable vaporizers I've ever used. I've had mine for well over a year now, and it still works the same as the day I bought it. Luckily I already owned a number of compatible batteries, so I almost always have a fresh one.

kingofnull,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
So I received my MFLB nearly a month ago but I've been directing a film so I didn't get time to post. I'll be posting some pictures soon (as well as of the shitty outdoor stuff my vape transforms into a tasteful high), but until then I have a few quick questions.
1) My batteries, after only nearly a month of (daily) usage, have become less and less effective. I have a feeling that this has to do more with the 220v voltage in India (directly double of that in America, which I'm guessing the charger/batteries are designed for) than anything, but can anyone confirm these suspicions?
2) How many draws do you guys take until you're done with your load?
3) Hoshit vaporizing tabacco is the most disgusting thing you could try to do. Agree?
4) Do you think I should clean my vape with ispropyl even if I'm just taking it on a domestic flight?
5) There's a sort of hollow strip on my MFLB on one side, stretching from the trench to the end. I am sure this was designed with some specific purpose in mind, but I am yet to see its utility. Frankly it can get irritating when you shake the LB and some of your load slips in there. Since the load can get in, and the hollow strip is right until the end, does this mean my trench isn't airtight? Doesn't that automatically mean a lot of vapour's probably been escaping?
If you can't figure out what hollow strip I'm talking about, I'll post some pictures soon.
Don't get me wrong, I love my LB to bits. I'm probably going to make a tumblr about me vaping in places like a Subway restaurant or a movie theater or in a police station or something soon, because the MFLB makes this possible.

JeeSee,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So I received my MFLB nearly a month ago but I've been directing a film so I didn't get time to post. I'll be posting some pictures soon (as well as of the shitty outdoor stuff my vape transforms into a tasteful high), but until then I have a few quick questions.
1) My batteries, after only nearly a month of (daily) usage, have become less and less effective. I have a feeling that this has to do more with the 220v voltage in India (directly double of that in America, which I'm guessing the charger/batteries are designed for) than anything, but can anyone confirm these suspicions?
3) Hoshit vaporizing tabacco is the most disgusting thing you could try to do. Agree?
4) Do you think I should clean my vape with ispropyl even if I'm just taking it on a domestic flight?
5) There's a sort of hollow strip on my MFLB on one side, stretching from the trench to the end. I am sure this was designed with some specific purpose in mind, but I am yet to see its utility. Frankly it can get irritating when you shake the LB and some of your load slips in there. Since the load can get in, and the hollow strip is right until the end, does this mean my trench isn't airtight? Doesn't that automatically mean a lot of vapour's probably been escaping?
If you can't figure out what hollow strip I'm talking about, I'll post some pictures soon.
Don't get me wrong, I love my LB to bits. I'm probably going to make a tumblr about me vaping in places like a Subway restaurant or a movie theater or in a police station or something soon, because the MFLB makes this possible.

1) A lot depends on how you manage your batteries. If you let them get fully discharged before charging, this will eventually damage them. Don't leave them on the charger for more than a day or so. I can't comment on the 220V current for the stock charger, since Magic-Flight has sent out several different models based on availability. The batteries can be charged successfully in almost any charger for NiMH, but avoid the cheap ones. Get one designed for your local conditions and you'll be fine. The batteries themselves do eventually deteriorate and need replacement. The MFLB stresses them more than most uses.

2) This is highly subjective. Different techniques and tolerance for inhaled vapour mean that answers will vary widely. Some people aren't done until the load is almost black, others prefer a light brown. I tend to go for a dark brown and that takes me 20-25 hits. Everyone's mileage will vary.

3) Not done it, but it sounds disgusting to me.

4) That depends on your domestic flight security and the consequences of them finding a used LB. I don't see how it could hurt.

5) That strip (channel) is the air intake. Some users have put a small piece of tape in the channel to prevent or lessen the problem. No vapour is escaping because it's the air intake, so when you inhale the vapour flows the other way. The vapour doesn't travel enough during the LB heatup to escape through there, and even if it does the amount would be inconsequential. Finally, if your load slips into that channel, just turn the LB around and blow gently into it.

Enjoy your LB and don't get caught. I bet there's not much internet access in Indian jails.

OF

1) My batteries, after only nearly a month of (daily) usage, have become less and less effective. I have a feeling that this has to do more with the 220v voltage in India
5) There's a sort of hollow strip on my MFLB on one side, stretching from the trench to the end. I am sure this was designed with some specific purpose in mind, but I am yet to see its utility.

Howdy, glad to hear you're enjoying the box, sorry to hear the batteries are getting beat up....

1. No, the power should be fine. Hard to kill them that fast, but you can if you abuse them a lot. Watch heavy discharges. Keep them cool (watch for heating on use and charging, swap out as necessary). Heat is a big deal. You should probably get several hundred cycles if careful, you'll never get close to the numbers claimed the way we abuse them.

2. Something between 8 and 12, depending? I load .125 grams of fine, well cured, bud. I dump and crush in my palm at least once early on, shake between hits.

3. Never had the pleasure. I don't doubt your opinion a biti. When I was a kid LONG ago, Horshit cigarettes were a very popular souvenir to bring back from Mexico. Farm kids in America often smoke 'corn silk' (fibers from the cob after pollination).

4. No, don't get ISO on the wood at any cost. It won't clean the wood (drives the oils in deeper....) and it will wreck the wood.

5. That's the air channel. Plug it and it won't draw. Try pulling really hard when there's fine dry herb in the trench, you can see a little 'whorl wind' that shows this. Normally, fresh air comes in the top and down through the screen and out the bottom, sweeping the vapor with it. You can block the center bit of it a little with a small bit of tape if it bothers you too much, but very little can really get in there.

OF

OF,
Reactions: JeeSee

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
4. No, don't get ISO on the wood at any cost. It won't clean the wood (drives the oils in deeper....) and it will wreck the wood

This is true. I took him to mean that he was cleaning the screen, not the whole LB. I should have clarified that.

pakalolo,

Quetzalcoatl

I just wanted to say that I've had trenches last me a dozen hits, and some almost 30... It definitely seems to be going that way now that I have powdered my meds (higher hit count.)

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

This is true. I took him to mean that he was cleaning the screen, not the whole LB. I should have clarified that.

Funny, I caught that checking your post after mine. Caught me off for a second until I realized what you took it to mean.

Seems we have exactly opposite answers, yet are both exactly right......how cool is that?

And they say the LB is 'simple'....... Well, OK, some of us owners are.

Thanks.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom