Leo

Modnote: 4 back-to-back posts merged. Please avoid making back-to-back posts.

I'm surpised you got an answer with a name like Leo!

What do you have against the name Leo?

Just got in and checked my e-mails .
I've received a reply from Ken at 9:15 est .
Thank you Ken , and of course BDV .

Ken provided me the 7 steps/info needed for a replacement if needed .
He's suggesting it's a battery overheating problem . And I'm pretty sure he's implying that I
go that route first , he gave me a link for batteries . I will do so , Powerex 2700's with new charger
at Canada Computers asap . I'll keep you posted .

Well , I got a reply , and on a Sunday night to boot .
That's what I call " Good Customer Service " .:)

What do you have against the name leo?

I'm surpised you got an answer with a name like Leo!

What do you have against the name Leo?

As I am sure has been mentioned before, technique is everything with the box.

My own observations come from a veteran stoner, medicine+ food-cooks background and a traveling-visionary mentality. Patience is key.

Magic Flight technique :

Step one - Countdown to launch

After engaging the adapter or battery for 3.255564 seconds, your inhale should be subtle, only searching for the essence of the vapor all the while drawing in air, in a manner I describe to newcomers as "blowing on a butterfly, only in reverse, drawing the air to conjure the essence of the herb".

Step two: See the vapor trail waiting for launch

When your draw begins, make sure you see you vapor build up in the draw stem, you will know when to proceed with launch, inhaling like blowing on a butterfly.

Step three: LAUNCH

Start ramping up your airstream from blowing on a butterfly, to sucking down an oyster from WA.

I find the "flight" part of the draw, when the herb rises and swirls around with launching capabilities commencing, the pull is more like a tighter pipe. I clean my cover for a proper launch window and love to see it swirl.

There is is.

I use about a 3/4 of a trench full and vape very lightly, discarding very soon after 2-3 pulls of the very finest herb. Taste is my first priority.

Can I be your friend? I'll be more than happy with hits 3-5 before you toss it aside.

Leo,

vapirtoo

DasBlunt,
You seem to have mastered the art of the LB pull. I can tell you that it is an ever evolving
process with most pulls being great and others just being adequate.

Even after 2 years of almost daily LBeing, I sometimes misjudge some of the variables and either
combust or make a very weak vapor pull. :doh:

When I hit everything just right, the taste is so powerful that I cannot imagine another
vaporizer achieving the same tasty result. :goon:

A friend noticed that his LB wasn't hitting like mine. He was getting medicated ,but his ABV was
always dark green or light brown. I tried my PA on his box and at full power we got sparks and
flame. He returned his LB and got a new one within the week; the new one hit like mine. This was
over a year ago.

Sometimes I use my other vape just because it is idiot proof. Mostly though I do all of my
vaping through the LB and occasionally through my friend's digital volcano.

I find that my fresh batts are more powerful than my normal 70% setting on my PA.
Currently I'm using 14 month old Duracells that I bought from Staples. I still love
the freedom of movement you get with the batts eventhough the PA is great when
all of your batts are done, and you're staring at that recharger light!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Leo...Law Enforcement Officer. I'm surprised you've never seen than before. This must be your first pot forum.
Hey there, buddy... dunno about you, but I've got me some 100% legal herbal blends here for my "aromatherapy diffuser" that is run through a "water pipe" for maximum filtration and "enjoyment." ;)

Sometimes I use my other vape just because it is idiot proof. Mostly though I do all of my
vaping through the LB and occasionally through my friend's digital volcano.
I use my LB exclusively as it's the only vaporizer available to me and because I've given up smoking and haven't actually combusted in months now :D I am seriously considering an Extreme just to have something to fill bags up for when I'm too lazy. My LB rips are usually 15-20 seconds and I kind of have to pay attention to how thick the vapors filling up my bong are to see if I should be pulling harder or not. Bleh. Not too fun in between lives on Black Ops....

Quetzalcoatl,

binder113

lol, i realized i flipped the L and the F in MFLB after posting. Good thing people notice...

Anyways...: i created this clip because i thought that it is a useful invention and that the people on the Internet might find it interesting. I guess it might inspire people to make their own, all you really need is a bit of plastic, a knife, some carving skills, and some patience. My version of this clip is fairly crappy, but I bet the MFLB company would be able to make a very nice clip to include with the sale of every new MFLB =).

The clip was created from a strip of plastic cut from a tic-tac box. One side of the plastic was carved for it to be able to fit into the grooved air channel. Two notches were carved in so that it can fit snuggly against the two metal protrusions in the air channel (one being the metal battery contact and one being the metal clip that holds the plastic"shield" on the MFLB). Finally, i bent it so that is fits snuggly with the body of the vape and added a string to make sure it don't get lost.

Here is my attempt #2 of getting pictures on this thread.

7537076044_239f5927c1_c.jpg
[/url] IMG_0037 by binder113, on Flickr[/IMG]

binder113,

Leo

Ok,

I've been using the Launch Box for a few weeks now. I now also have the AC adapter.

I grind my herbs finely. I own the official LB grinder and I also use a pill grinder that crushes the herbs even finer than the grinder.

I have very good herb that performs very well in a water pipe.

I fill the trench with finely ground high quality herb.

I insert the AC adapter battery, push in the button, wait a few seconds for vapor to appear, take very small sips very gently while I inhale 80% of lung capacity, release the button, continue to inhale until the trench is cool, shake the LB, etc etc....

Trust me I have tried with a stem, without a stem, with a battery, with the ac adapter, taking a long slow draw, using the sipping method, and every other method described in the 10 or so Youtube videos that I have watched.

Please do not reply asking me about my grind because it has been tested in many different consistencies.

Please do not reply asking about batteries or power. I have tried batteries and the AC adapter at several different power settings.

Please do not reply asking about how fast or slow I draw because I have tested and tested and tested.

I have tried so many different methods I have consumed about 25 trenches or more and I still can't get more than 3 good vapes with flavor and another 2-3 more ok vapes.

How the heck are any of you getting 12 QUALITY hits that theoretically should get 6 people stoned? If your 12 hits can't get 6 people high then you're not getting 12 vapes!!!

I consider one deep vape to be one bong hit and 2 bong hits gets one person stoned. In my world that is a documented fact! If I come home and take 2 bong hits I get very stoned. 4 bong hits = 2 people stoned so on and so on. Each time the bowl is full with a fresh hit.
Two vapes also get me stoned so long as they are the first two vapes and that the heat setting is at 50%.

For those of you who are going to inquire/comment about quantity of herb tested on both the LB and the bong, the weight was the SAME. (Using an expensive scale.)

Here's the deal. When I go to my friends house he packs a bowl with inexpensive hand ground herb and the 3 of us can get high.

I brought my LB to their house all excited to show them my new toy that was going to get them more stoned for less money and help reduce the risk of cancer.

Afterward, I was embarrassed!!

As a test it took more herb to fill the trench with hand ground herb because the trench is bigger than my friends bowl.

But, I told them that to use the LB the herb had to be more finely ground thus requiring even MORE herb to fill the trench!

I had already used my laptop to show them several yutube videos so they could be educated before using the LB.

I demonstrated the LB with and without a stem and then they took their first trial tokes before we ran the LB test.

OK, so now my friends had watched me, watched videos, and tried it themselves a few times.

I filled the trench with finely ground herb ( the same we used in the bowl). My friends were already unhappy that it took more herb to fill the LB.

I took a hit while they carefully looked on as I demonstrated the LB to them again. The taste was great, far better than smoking the bowl.

Then, each of them took what we all agreed were two good, satisfying hits. They were blown away by the taste but not by the high. Between the 3 of us we had taken 6 hits and that was it, trench done!!!! We each tried taking additional hits getting less than desirable hits.

Long story short, they decided to stick with the bowl because they didn't need to worry about having the right grind, the right draw, the right everything. They are just people looking to get high not learn how to be a rocket scientist which is what you apparently need to be to get more than 4 hits off a LB.

I can get comfortably high on two of my hits, and then later I take the other 2 and then any additional hits are small brown grind hits.

What I do first is set the AC adapter for slightly less than 1/2 power, almost to the next, not painted white dot. It makes it take a good 5-6 seconds to create vapor. This way there is no way to combust, which is very desirable.

I tried 3/4 way up and I had to stop taking sips and just draw continuously to keep the temp down.
The herb browned out after 3 hits but I did get high. It was just disappointing that it cost me a whole finely ground trench to get high.

This thing may help reduce the risk of cancer by eliminating the tar and other chemicals released by smoking but I am in no way saving any money or convincing my friends that its a worthwhile investment.

Perhaps there is someone out there willing to Skype with me and show me what I'm doing wrong and how to get the most out of my LB??? Please!! If you're concerned about passing out your regular Skype address you can set up another just for vape friends. That's what I did.

Please help! I have tried dozens of methods and consumed a LOT of herb trying to learn how to use this thing in a way that uses less herb than smoking. I have been smoking for 20+ years so i'm not a total newbie. I also own a more traditional box style convection whip style vaporizer that is a knock off that I got for just under $50 delivered. It works great and requires less effort and money. I have given Magic-Flight close to $400 on 2 fully equipped Launch Boxes including the AC/car adapter and accessories.

A Volcano costs $600 perhaps I made a really bad choice not investing in a proven product for many years.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Leo.

Leo,
Ok,

I've been using the Launch Box for a few weeks now. I now also have the AC adapter.

Long story short, they decided to stick with the bowl because they didn't need to worry about having the right grind, the right draw, the right everything. They are just people looking to get high not learn how to be a rocket scientist which is what you apparently need to be to get more than 4 hits off a LB.

A Volcano costs $600 perhaps I made a really bad choice not investing in a proven product for many years.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Leo.

Dude...I'm not trying to be a smartass but it's really not that hard. If I were you I wouldn't care so much what my friends thought of my vape (they're the ones smoking schwag in a tiny bowl). The power adapter should be giving you great, thick hits of vapor so I don't know what's goin on there. It's also a bit extreme to compare the MFLB to a Volcano. One is $100, the other is $550+ and are totally different vapes. Maybe you should do a little research on this amazing forum and find something that's right for you. That's how I found out about the Cloud, VHW, Solo, Thermovape, all log vapes, etc...I know it's time consuming but it's definitely worth it! Good luck man.

nugghuffer,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

I've found that the amount of vapor that comes from each strain can vary WILDLY. I'm not getting much vapor from this NYC Sour Diesel, but the second I throw in a similar amount of LA Confidential with the same power setting, I can pull some bigger clouds using similar draw technique. You don't have to be blowing out huge clouds to be getting cannabinoids. Part of the reason I think some people don't adjust to vaporizers is the psychological/physiological aspect of the smoke, how it feels when you take a nice milky rip, the smell, the lung expansion, etc. It's possible that due to extensive use of bongs, their mind "placebos" itself into thinking it won't get high at all from a vaporizer because none of the other tell-tale signs of cannabinoid ingestion are present (no lighter, cornering, watching the smoke slowly crawl up the tube, etc.) This is just a total shot in the dark from me, and I could be incredibly wrong and it's something else.

I honestly don't know what is happening with your vape... I got a good 8-10 visible rips when I was heading into town today (not driving, either!), that when I exhaled I could see the vapors swirling around even though I had my Ray Bans on. I am using medical cannabis in mine, so the quality is as high as I can get.

Here's a video I put up some pages back in this thread with a 3/4 full medium grind trench. I don't even remember how many hits I got off it... That was my 2nd trench of the night I believe, I couldn't even finish it. Ended up killing it the following morning.

Quetzalcoatl

Hey! I have a very easy way to upload pictures to here. I use http://www.imgur.com/ to upload all my images. Afterwards, it gives you some codes. One of those is a direct link to the image (it will end in an extension, usually .jpg), and another one is BBCode. I just take the direct link, press the little tree button on the panel right above where we type replies (next to the video strip), and paste the link in there. FC does the rest for me.

ZcYNz.png

Anyways, this is how I fixed the problem myself. I'm fairly certain it was OF that told me he used a small piece of electrical tape lining the trench in a perpendicular manner to address the problem. I've had very good luck with it. The problem is about 95% better for me now.

M2rRI.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
THE NEW BATTERIES ARE HERE! THE NEW BATTERIES ARE HERE!

YAY!

I had nightmares of peeling off the labels and getting the gummy glue off. Damn things, its a stiffer material, you crack it... pulls right off. Like on medicine bottles, with the caps sealed.

EDIT: Like Q pointed out. I've experienced trenches, that I just can't finish. Even after 10 or so full-size pulls. I am ALL about trying to milk every hit... and they still can last that long. Improperly cured (which it took me like 8 months, to figure that out)... and the trench will vape unevenly or, too quickly.

Quetzalcoatl

THE NEW BATTERIES ARE HERE! THE NEW BATTERIES ARE HERE!

YAY!

I had nightmares of peeling off the labels and getting the gummy glue off. Damn things, its a stiffer material, you crack it... pulls right off. Like on medicine bottles, with the caps sealed.
Combed the last page or two, might have missed it, but what batteries did you get? I don't have any problems going from PA to my Powerex 2700's whenever I have to step outside of the house (in fact, I did it earlier.)

Quetzalcoatl,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I went for the 2400s, because of the slower discharge. I prefer and will mostly use my PA, but when I'm on the go, I want to be able to grab a set and go... not wait for them to charge.

UPDATE: Oh wow. These replacements are a breath of fresh vaped air.Though, holy crap! Some of you guys are using 2700s? I'm used to running my box on the PA. I've got it dialed for water hits. I put the battery in. Pressed it and looked away... heck, I'm going to be waiting 3-5 seconds right? Turned to bring it up to my lips and vapor is whoooooooshing out my shorty stem! Seriously. No kidding. Whoooooooshing! WTF, I rush it to my lips... yay! No combustion, just some @#$%ing thick, I'm not ready for this, vapor. HUGE hit. Wow. I don't remember the OEM's working like this and they're PowerEx 2400s, right? Well, I'm happy to be reunited with the portable aspect of my box. It brings comfort to my medical/mental needs.

Any way... CUE MUSIC!!!

Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, haven't much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy
They were asking if you were around
How you was, where you could be found
Told them you were living downtown
Driving all the old men crazy
The boys are back in town
The boys are back in town
I said
The boys are back in town...
20120710_003709.jpg

EDIT: Hey Copper (Leo)! Know what I do with my box and friends? I walk up to them, with the box and a water piece (small travel pieces). Everyone knows how to use a bong, right!? Then I show them... (literally) bring the bong to my lips, say (well, before I bring it to my lips)... I say, "Pull on it like THIS, when I tell you to. When I pull the slide, clear like you clear a @#$%ing bong! You're not an idiot! RIGHT!? You know how to use a bong!?" Ok, so maybe I'm not that harsh. Anyway, after my visual demonstration, I let them hold the bong. I hold the MFLB. They take a pull, I thump them in the forehead with my wagging finger pop. Leaves a nice red mark. They try again. Usually pulling correct. I say, "let's go". I light up the box, wait a few... then let them start pulling. This is usually followed by another sharp pop in the forehead, with my deadly accurate, wagging finger of death pop. "Don't waste my trench, bud!" (hehe.. get it, bud?) We resume, this time, they have it. I control the box, they just breath in the finer aspects of MJ.

Works every time. And if I can teach a group of twenty-something kids, that have the WORST bong etiquette and (lack of) knowledge of how to use one... you can teach anyone.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Ok,

I grind my herbs finely. I own the official LB grinder and I also use a pill grinder that crushes the herbs even finer than the grinder.

I have very good herb that performs very well in a water pipe.

I fill the trench with finely ground high quality herb.

I insert the AC adapter battery, push in the button, wait a few seconds for vapor to appear, take very small sips very gently while I inhale 80% of lung capacity, release the button, continue to inhale until the trench is cool, shake the LB, etc etc....

Trust me I have tried with a stem, without a stem, with a battery, with the ac adapter, taking a long slow draw, using the sipping method, and every other method described in the 10 or so Youtube videos that I have watched.

Please do not reply asking me about my grind because it has been tested in many different consistencies.

Please do not reply asking about batteries or power. I have tried batteries and the AC adapter at several different power settings.

Please do not reply asking about how fast or slow I draw because I have tested and tested and tested.

I have tried so many different methods I have consumed about 25 trenches or more and I still can't get more than 3 good vapes with flavor and another 2-3 more ok vapes.

How the heck are any of you getting 12 QUALITY hits that theoretically should get 6 people stoned? If your 12 hits can't get 6 people high then you're not getting 12 vapes!!!

I consider one deep vape to be one bong hit and 2 bong hits gets one person stoned. In my world that is a documented fact! If I come home and take 2 bong hits I get very stoned. 4 bong hits = 2 people stoned so on and so on. Each time the bowl is full with a fresh hit.
Two vapes also get me stoned so long as they are the first two vapes and that the heat setting is at 50%.

For those of you who are going to inquire/comment about quantity of herb tested on both the LB and the bong, the weight was the SAME. (Using an expensive scale.)

Here's the deal. When I go to my friends house he packs a bowl with inexpensive hand ground herb and the 3 of us can get high.

I brought my LB to their house all excited to show them my new toy that was going to get them more stoned for less money and help reduce the risk of cancer.

Afterward, I was embarrassed!!

As a test it took more herb to fill the trench with hand ground herb because the trench is bigger than my friends bowl.

But, I told them that to use the LB the herb had to be more finely ground thus requiring even MORE herb to fill the trench!

I had already used my laptop to show them several yutube videos so they could be educated before using the LB.

I demonstrated the LB with and without a stem and then they took their first trial tokes before we ran the LB test.

OK, so now my friends had watched me, watched videos, and tried it themselves a few times.

I filled the trench with finely ground herb ( the same we used in the bowl). My friends were already unhappy that it took more herb to fill the LB.

I took a hit while they carefully looked on as I demonstrated the LB to them again. The taste was great, far better than smoking the bowl.

Then, each of them took what we all agreed were two good, satisfying hits. They were blown away by the taste but not by the high. Between the 3 of us we had taken 6 hits and that was it, trench done!!!! We each tried taking additional hits getting less than desirable hits.

I can get comfortably high on two of my hits, and then later I take the other 2 and then any additional hits are small brown grind hits.

What I do first is set the AC adapter for slightly less than 1/2 power, almost to the next, not painted white dot. It makes it take a good 5-6 seconds to create vapor. This way there is no way to combust, which is very desirable.

I tried 3/4 way up and I had to stop taking sips and just draw continuously to keep the temp down.
The herb browned out after 3 hits but I did get high. It was just disappointing that it cost me a whole finely ground trench to get high.

This thing may help reduce the risk of cancer by eliminating the tar and other chemicals released by smoking but I am in no way saving any money or convincing my friends that its a worthwhile investment.

Perhaps there is someone out there willing to Skype with me and show me what I'm doing wrong and how to get the most out of my LB??? Please!! If you're concerned about passing out your regular Skype address you can set up another just for vape friends. That's what I did.

Please help! I have tried dozens of methods and consumed a LOT of herb trying to learn how to use this thing in a way that uses less herb than smoking. I have been smoking for 20+ years so i'm not a total newbie. I also own a more traditional box style convection whip style vaporizer that is a knock off that I got for just under $50 delivered. It works great and requires less effort and money. I have given Magic-Flight close to $400 on 2 fully equipped Launch Boxes including the AC/car adapter and accessories.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Leo.

Assuming you got the basic technique correct and there is no problem with your MFLB (if you spent a bowl in 6 hits, that means: 1- temp too high 2-bad weed to vape 3-faulty batteries; option 1 being the most likely and the 3rd highly unlikely), i would say that the MFLB is not so good for group sessions and combusters are not the best to evaluate this kind of devices. The high is somewhat different and you are looking for signs that are not there and you aren't looking for signs that are there.

Remember when you first got high and you said, "i don't feel anything".. that happened to me and a whole lot of other people i knew.. you have to learn the high. And with vaporizers, you have to learn a new high.

I suggest you keep the LB to yourself and make the best of the money you invested because it will be worth it, but only if you stick with it. I also suggest you get a proper home vaporizer, and you bring that one to your friends.. i guarantee they will change their mind. The LB is great, but it has to be used in the right settings and the right method.
You wouldn't bring a Ferrari to a jungle safari would you?

Another thing, and this i learned after trying to convert all my smoker friends.. most people don't want to stop smoking and they don't feel the need to replace it with vaporizing.

Just do your thing and vape while they combust.. no need to feel superior about it though, it is just the way it is.

And IMO, it is their loss, spending loads of herb and getting nasty smells in clothes and everywhere and with all the harm to the lungs and skin and etc.. when they have such a superior option. Don't be the preacher, just go the church and hope someday they will see the light. :D

vorrange,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
OH! Another thing. Hit up Amazon and buy a 60x - 100x hand held microscope. You would be AMAZED at how much, is really left on those little brown flecks. A lot of times, I keep it right next to me and I can stretch a trench out even further (it just goes past my preferred taste though. I rarely take it to popcorn land).

I bought this little sucker and am quite happy with it. Takes a little learning curve for 1 hand operation, but you really do need to be able to, especially if you're growing.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: vorrange

stuey

A LB trench holds 0.1g - 0.15g of herb

You cannot get 6 people stoned from 0.1-0.15g of herb, no matter how you consume the herb.

You are essentially saying that you think that, 1/6th of a trench 0.017g - 0.025g (the weight of a grain of rice) is enough to get one person stoned.

I think your expectations may be a little unrealistic.

1 trench (0.1-0.15g) is enough for 1 person, and at a push maybe 2 people certainly not 6.

A full bowl on a bong would hold between 0.5g -1g they just dont make bowls small enough that when full would hold much less than 0.5g so if your saying that 2 hits from 1 trench get you as stoned as 1 full bowl then you can see how economic the MF is, but also perhaps you can see how unrealistic your expectations of getting 6 people stioed off a fraction of the weed you put in a single bong bowl would be.

stuey,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Leo...I don't know what your problem is, but I know you are using one of the more technique-driven models out there that takes some time to master. It's not for the lazy like me. Also, don't forget that the vapor high usually creeps up on you five to ten minutes later, not instantly like smokers are used to. And when I do use my MFLB, it takes me a lot of hits to get there...sometimes as many as ten and the trench is cached.

stickstones,

stuey

Also, don't forget that the vapor high usually creeps up on you five to ten minutes later, not instantly like smokers are used to.

This is why I cant get my brother to enjoy the LB.

He takes a few hits, that seem fine, then sits back and declares that he isnt at all stoned.

Then he rolls a spliff!

I keep saying he needs to wait 5-10 minutes but he just will not wait!

stuey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Leo, I've gone back and read all your posts and have come to a couple of conclusions. These could be assumptions since you haven't said how long you've been vaping or whether you only vape (as opposed to combusting once in a while too). So, in addition to the good info given to you by everyone above me, I would like to add the following:

First off, if you are doing both combusting and vaping, this could be one of the problems. Your box/whip vape will give you bigger, fuller hits quicker. These types of hits most emulate smoking. I never recommend the LB for a person just converting to vapor. (sorry MF.... :uhoh:) The hits from the LB just don't seem to satisfy the beginning vaporist.

Secondly, the LB was originally made for stealth. The hits off of it were supposed to be smaller and less noticeable. So it would be no wonder that your smoking friends would find it unsatisfactory (and maybe you too). The PA and car adaptors were later additions for people who wanted to use the LB without the batteries and as more of a desk top vape.

It's entirely possible this vape just isn't for you. :shrug:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Stu and OF

vapirtoo

Wow Mom! I was thinking the same , Leo may have to find some other vape.
Maybe a SSV or some other wasteful heavy hitter. I hope that he answers
your questions on usage and combustion history.

vapirtoo,

stuey

I just reread your post.. are you sure your not overfilling the trench?

Your supposed to fill it so the trench is around 3/4 of the way full.

The bowl in question would have to be tiny for the LB trench to hold more weed.

stuey,

OF

I just reread your post.. are you sure your not overfilling the trench?

Your supposed to fill it so the trench is around 3/4 of the way full.

Exactly right, only the depressed part of the trench between the two rods heats (not the ends of the trench nor 'the wings'). Do not fill past the bars.

Keep your loads well cured (dry) and fine ground and you'll do fine if you don't overfill and shake between hits.

Don't draw faster than vapor is produced, cold air will slow or stop the vape action otherwise.

OF

OF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

[snip]

[snip]

The good news is that there is a simple solution to your problem. The bad news is that when you explain this to your friends, it'll be even more embarrassing.

As others have pointed out, you are overfilling the trench. I mean way overfilling the trench. Keep it beneath the rails, you'll be fine.

Also, as vorrange points out, you need to adjust your expectations of your high. It is a different experience and it doesn't come on as fast as combustion, although once you are experienced in what to look for you will notice it coming on faster.

Don't lose faith, keep trying. We're here to help.

pakalolo,

OF

The good news is that there is a simple solution to your problem. The bad news is that when you explain this to your friends, it'll be even more embarrassing.

Also, as vorrange points out, you need to adjust your expectations of your high. It is a different experience and it doesn't come on as fast as combustion, although once you are experienced in what to look for you will notice it coming on faster.

Once again, Pakalolo brings the big picture back into focus. Yeah, it's going to be a little tough 'splaining to your buds how you really didn't want all that much herb in there. And they too will have to get their arms around the idea if you're not combusting you're not mixing a bunch of poisons in with that lovely THC (which not surprisingly contribute to the buzz, but not in a good way in most guy's opinions once they try both).

However, when their stash has been burned up (literally), stinking up the joint in the process, you'll still have 2/3 of yours. Yes, I'd say the average guy sees his bud use drop to about a third of what it was.....which generally gets a guy to move right up to the top shelf for the really tasty buds. And they, usually being more potent further decrease your volume if not costs.

No hangover and you're drinking a better grade of Scotch.....and paying less for it. A hard combination to say no to.

As the Brother says, 'hang in there', yer gonna love it.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Yes, I'd say the average guy sees his bud use drop to about a third of what it was.....which generally gets a guy to move right up to the top shelf for the really tasty buds. And they, usually being more potent further decrease your volume if not costs.
Yup, went from smoking a quarter a week to vaping maybe 3 grams a week. I can't really force myself to vape much more than that, it gets really uncomfortable... I can take at most three trenches back-to-back before I forget I can breathe automatically and realize I'm still in my room :ko: and I mean gone to the point of being comatose and almost nodding out. Same with a friend who owns an Extreme Q (thanks to my LB, actually), going from an ounce every 3 weeks to a half or so.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom