Sip

Maybe, do you keep it in your pocket a lot? Are you burning the weed black? My oil usually goes from clean, to a very light yellow, to a darker yellow, and then almost an orange yellow that gets darker the closer to the box. I stuck a little balled up piece of nug and pushed it through with a paper clip... was some good shit :whoa:
I don't keep it in my pocket very often, but I do sometimes vape the weed completely. Thanks for the help, I probably won't vape the weed as long so I get some yellow oil.

Sip,

Leo

I have a question regarding efficiency of the MFLB.

Because the herbs need to be so finely ground that filling a trench requires a lot of product.
Then, I get maybe 3 good deep vapes before the product turns brown. Then it gets so light from being so dry that it moves around inside the LB even though I try to breath in slowly. It moves to the back. I need to angle the LB up in the air about 75 degrees to keep the trench covered evenly.

The Launch Box, for me, consumes much more product than my convection vaporizer.

I have read stories of people getting more than ten vapes off one trench. No way for me.

Does anyone have any advice about how to get more out of one trench? This thing is browning a lot of expensive product :-(

My other vaporizer is a box style with a whip. Made in China and requires less herb to get to the same place. It's a knock off of something that you gen get from Amazon for $50 delivered and does a fantastic job.

Thanks for your help.

Leo

Leo,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Because the herbs need to be so finely ground that filling a trench requires a lot of product.
Then, I get maybe 3 good deep vapes before the product turns brown. Then it gets so light from being so dry that it moves around inside the LB even though I try to breath in slowly. It moves to the back. I need to angle the LB up in the air about 75 degrees to keep the trench covered evenly.

The Launch Box, for me, consumes much more product than my convection vaporizer.

I have read stories of people getting more than ten vapes off one trench. No way for me.

Does anyone have any advice about how to get more out of one trench? This thing is browning a lot of expensive product :-(

My other vaporizer is a box style with a whip. Made in China and requires less herb to get to the same place. It's a knock off of something that you gen get from Amazon for $50 delivered and does a fantastic job.

Thanks for your help.

Leo

That's so weird, my box easily gives me ~15-20 rips through a bong...? It doesn't have to be absolutely powdered like sand, I'll post a picture of my grind size when I get back to my vape. I use a simple 2 piece space case and give it some spins until it's uniform. I'm also using medical cannabis in mine, I've noticed some of these vape pretty quickly and some will take longer.

ALL of your material turns brown? As in, you vape, shake three times and by then it's uniformly browned? Can we get some pictures? I'm really curious, it sounds like your box is running really hot...

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Vicki

Lip465

woooo
Ugghhh it's been 2 weeks since I contacted MF about a warranty replacement, I'd really like it soon so I dont have to keep wasting weed by smoking it. Would it be okay to call them at this point? How long does it usually take for them to send out replacements?

Lip465,

Quetzalcoatl

I am vaping what I believe to be around .250-.300g of Strawberry Cough. I took some nugs and broke them up, put them in my Space Case, and gave it a half dozen or so twists. As you can see, the grind consistency isn't too bad:

FxDwBh.jpg

3n7p3h.jpg

It's not too ground up but it's uniform, which is important. Others prefer a much finer grind, using a coffee grinder in place of a hand grinder. This is good enough for me. Anyways, I attached my box with the whip to my 13" bong, with water and 4 ice cubes. I tried my best to make every hit uniform. I held the battery (a freshly charged Powerex 2700) in for 5 seconds and took a slow continuous inhale for 10 seconds. I stirred the material every hit with a paper clip and then shook the box for a few seconds. At the 7th rip, I used a fresh battery. This is 10 in:

IWk79h.jpg

I did what I usually do, dump it out into my palm and use my thumb to make it all powdery. The hits before it help to dry it out a lot so it's easier for me to do it at this point. It gives it a more evenly dark green/brown appearance:

cOlZSh.jpg

This will be good for another 3-5 puffs, then I'll throw it in the jar with the rest of my ABV so that I can turn this into an edible.

Quetzalcoatl,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
...Then, I get maybe 3 good deep vapes before the product turns brown. Then it gets so light from being so dry that it moves around inside the LB even though I try to breath in slowly. It moves to the back. I need to angle the LB up in the air about 75 degrees to keep the trench covered evenly.
Seems like you suck on the LB instead of correct sipping. Sound like you seal your lips aroud the stem and draw - that is incorerct. With this technique you can't get muc vapor and as soon as it get dry it will move your herb. You need to achieve slower airflow in the box by opening your lips a bit (watch JDsupreme vids)

If you throw the load away as soon as it gets dry, I can underastand, you are not getting a lot from it. For me it seems like you are trhowing out potent unvaped loads.

I definitely get more. Even with the PA. 10 hits are enough to brown it a bit and make it super dry. But that's where the REAL potency hits start.

Watch JDsupreme's instruction videos. They're the best, most people know how to use the LB correctly for the first time after jsut watching that video. Also you didn't mention shaking - that is important. After every hit, shake - that is a minimum required. The very best hits can be achieved with few shakes during them (achievable only with a whip).

Whip vapes usually pack a punch, but also are known that many users use a lot with them. Not like MFLB, it's known to use almost as little herb as logs for satisfaction. Seems like that whip is working great, but the MFLB is used incorrectly. Also it's a big cotrast, whip is convection, so there is a big difference how you need to use them. With whips you can draw easily and fast and get huge cloud (while also spending a lot of herb for that cloud), while LB needs the slowest hits of any vape to work correctly and gives many constant satysfying hits with shakes in between. Usually I see first signs of browning after 2nd or 3rd hit. With EQ (whip) and my microbowl attached I can brown it almost all in one huge hit.

Seek,
Reactions: Vicki

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
In regards to vaped trenches, try buying one of those 60x-100x handheld microscopes and see how much you're wasting, when you think it looks brown (you're throwing away a LOT of money, unless its been combusted). There's a LOT of hits left, after most people think its vaped out.

On another note. I must be having the worst fucking 2 1/2 year run of luck in the World. Those following the Med forum, know what's up. Tonight... I broke my box... again. Though, I must add... this replacement wasn't ever very tight. There always was some slop in between the lid and the clip. The ball-catch didn't work too well, on this model. Tonight, had the PA hooked up, MFLB sitting on a 1' stool, had one of my short blackout episodes and heard, "CLUNK!" Looked down, saw my box, picked it up... it looked alright, except I lost my load. Turned over, closer inspection, reveals the lid snapped off (again) and the wood, from the back of the box, to the clip, is split.

Two boxes within months, of each other. Let's hope their warranty and company, is that generous. I could use just a little bit of fucking good news. And I'm assed ($$$) out, if they won't.

BigDaddyVapor,

OF

Turned over, closer inspection, reveals the lid snapped off (again) and the wood, from the back of the box, to the clip, is split.

Bummer. No, I guess that's 'double bummer'.....

Looking at it, I can see how if something got under the lid it could use the lid as a lever against the clip. Talk about exploring new limits on the design. I wondered a bit if they couldn't invent a 'snap in' cover to replace your last broken one, but decided it's a better idea to have a fresh one even if a guy really wants to keep his old box intact. This time, of course, there's no option but to replace due to the split.

Since the failures are not related, statistically you stood no bigger risk the second time than any of the rest of us. From a numbers end, lightning has indeed struck a second time in the same place it seems. You'll understand if I want to stand over there if the weather turns?

I see no reason not to honor the warranty (provided the return of the dead worked better than it did for that fellow who bought the 'used' one in Denver.....), although they may ask you to please stop breaking the lids off......

Good luck. On the box replacement and shaking the spooks after you......

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
In regards to vaped trenches, try buying one of those 60x-100x handheld microscopes and see how much you're wasting, when you think it looks brown (you're throwing away a LOT of money, unless its been combusted). There's a LOT of hits left, after most people think its vaped out.

On another note. I must be having the worst fucking 2 1/2 year run of luck in the World. Those following the Med forum, know what's up. Tonight... I broke my box... again. Though, I must add... this replacement wasn't ever very tight. There always was some slop in between the lid and the clip. The ball-catch didn't work too well, on this model. Tonight, had the PA hooked up, MFLB sitting on a 1' stool, had one of my short blackout episodes and heard, "CLUNK!" Looked down, saw my box, picked it up... it looked alright, except I lost my load. Turned over, closer inspection, reveals the lid snapped off (again) and the wood, from the back of the box, to the clip, is split.

Two boxes within months, of each other. Let's hope their warranty and company, is that generous. I could use just a little bit of fucking good news. And I'm assed ($$$) out, if they won't.

I don't think you will have a problem. I'm so sorry you are having all these problems, BDV. :(

Vicki,

DasBlunt

Hey Das.. you catch more flies with honey, than vinegar.

I've found that especially true with Magic Flight. Both in my attitude dealing with them and vice versa. When they sign their emails, "Peace", "Peace and Love", "Good Health", etc... it isn't some cliche insincere crap. Keep that in mind, when dealing with them. Give it freely, it shall be returned.

Oh yeah, MF has been super cool in emails, as have I. Thanks for looking out though.

hope to update with news soon.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Thanks for your help.

Leo

I'm surpised you got an answer with a name like Leo!

stickstones,

DasBlunt

As I am sure has been mentioned before, technique is everything with the box.

My own observations come from a veteran stoner, medicine+ food-cooks background and a traveling-visionary mentality. Patience is key.

Magic Flight technique :

Step one - Countdown to launch

After engaging the adapter or battery for 3.255564 seconds, your inhale should be subtle, only searching for the essence of the vapor all the while drawing in air, in a manner I describe to newcomers as "blowing on a butterfly, only in reverse, drawing the air to conjure the essence of the herb".

Step two: See the vapor trail waiting for launch

When your draw begins, make sure you see you vapor build up in the draw stem, you will know when to proceed with launch, inhaling like blowing on a butterfly.

Step three: LAUNCH

Start ramping up your airstream from blowing on a butterfly, to sucking down an oyster from WA.

I find the "flight" part of the draw, when the herb rises and swirls around with launching capabilities commencing, the pull is more like a tighter pipe. I clean my cover for a proper launch window and love to see it swirl.

There is is.

I use about a 3/4 of a trench full and vape very lightly, discarding very soon after 2-3 pulls of the very finest herb. Taste is my first priority.

VisiblyVaped

This has just been added to the list of vapes i debate between buying.

Have an iolite, got a great priced volcano otw, now i need a better portable and a home unit with direct draw option.

Portable : LB, Solo, vapielr one 5.0 (like the forced air), TV and maybe no2

Sheeit

VisiblyVaped,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've bought a MFLB as a upgrade to my iolite. It satisfied. I like MFLB over iolite for:
-Seconds to heat-up, cooldown, gives single hits, not sessions.
-Can extract more, iolite stops producing vapor when it's not 100% done. With MFLB you can go to black abv.
-Silent, sturdy, tiny
-Super simple to load, unload, use

And iolite:
-Imposible combustion
-First hits are greater than from MFLB
-Independent on electricity

Oh and vapir one is not portable. And not a very loved vape here. It is a wall-powered dual-mode vape like EQ or herbalaire, but these two are far greater in quality (and like the same price).

Seek,

Raf007

Retailer
And iolite:
-Imposible combustion
-First hits are greater than from MFLB

Just my opinion here, but afame goes the first hitS can be as great with a MFLB and way tastier.

Edit: execpt for the very first hit with an Iolite/whisper, I even think I would dare to say that Iolite can not compete with MF on those two levels, hits size and hits taste.

Raf007,

stuey

The warranty states, ANY owner of a box is covered. The old box is the warrantied unit, and for the warranty to continue on the new box, the original box must be returned. This implies the original box is either a. returned or destroyed (as I understand happens in euroland), b. continues the warranty and the new box is now VOID. If any owner is covered with a box, a. and b. need to be applied.

In this case the owner of the old box is MF, when they send out a replacment, ownership of the old box transfers to MF. The fact that you are in possesion of the box is incidental, if anything they could legally ask you to return or destroy their property.

Your issue is with the person you bought this box from and not with MF.

If effect, you are in posession of stolen property and the laws regarding that are quite clear. The true owner (MF) owes you no compensation as a result of you purchasing property that was stolen / fraudulently taken from them.

I hope that clears this up. Its bad luck, but Id like to see you pay for repairs on a car that was stolen from you or to pay compensation to the thief who stole your car, but had an accident as a result of you not maintaining the vehicle correctly.

If you buy a car that turns out to be stolen etc then you are required to give it back and the owner is not required to pay you anything.

It sucks, but that's the situation you are in.

stuey,

stuey

There is no way I should be able to even get my hands on an already warrantied box.

OK lets say someone breaks into MF warehouse, and steals 1000 boxes. By your logic MF is responsible for replacing these boxes. The law simply dosent work like that.

stuey,

stuey

stuey, I find it hard to believe that you would bring this up again, 4 pages later, several mod notes later, and after the member has moved on. It is not appreciated, no matter what your motive was. :horse:

Its still being talked about on this page.

stuey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
stuey......I'm not in a good mood and you are pushing your luck with discussing a mod post. :cool:

This issue has been beaten to death and is between DasBlunt and Magic Flight. Yes, it was brought up on this page and DasBlunt replied appropriately, without dredging up the details again. Now that's the end of it.

momofthegoons,

OF

Self edited. OF

I think they still make the launch tube which would do just that.

Actually, I think they stopped production years ago, the LT thread is long gone cold. For sure nobody sold them a year to two back when I looked.

Reading back on the LT, it seems to me it's even less appropriate anyway, the screen is very frail.

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

Didn't come out so good on my webcam, but I was having some fun last night :)
I couldn't really tell it was that milky until I cleared it :ko:

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

Also, separate post because I don't want to ruin the vibes of my last one, but have you guys seen this yet?

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom