OF

bigdaddy...I've been sitting on some LA Confidential myself...kick ass strain!

I've got a cart loaded with some oil made from it. It's neat for sure. Wish I had got more. The gram of bud I got the other day (based on the oil experience) was not all that exciting however. Maybe just the luck of the draw? I'm not above trying it again some time, but not if something more eye catching is in the case I'm thinking.

OF

OF,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was just happy to get anything...strains are rare in these parts! But the LAC has a good buzz. Also, at first it had a real wierd aftertaste when vaped, but smoked as smooth as anything I can remember.

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
+1 for the LA Confidential. It has been one of my personal favorites, but indeed hard to find. After sampling it for a couple of days, I decided to go back to the dispensary and stock up on some more, but I was told that it had sold out in one day and they had no idea when they'd be getting any more in. That dispensary has since been shut down.

If you can find it, you should try it. I was impressed by the "yield" (seemed to just keep hitting and hitting) and the uplifiting mood that I got from it. Highly recommended.
:2c:

Stu,

OF

I was just happy to get anything...strains are rare in these parts! But the LAC has a good buzz. Also, at first it had a real wierd aftertaste when vaped, but smoked as smooth as anything I can remember.

Good point, easy to forget that lots of folks around here don't enjoy the 'candy store' aspects of MMJ. We're spoiled indeed. Then again, there's room here for a few more good souls. And housing prices are down, but best bring a JOB with you.....

I too noticed a strange aftertaste vaping some Blue Dream the other day (known contamination free). It passed quickly, and the effects were wonderful as expected but the funny taste was a bit 'off putting' as they say. Not at all like Blue Dream from the former place. I had a similar thing happen a while back, same strain, different beast. I was told the second quarter came from a 'sun grown' batch (meaning outside in dirt?) and that's why it was five bucks cheaper (even though the same strength). I'm thinking this is something worth looking into and asking about.

I've no idea what it's like smoked, I didn't blaze any....and haven't in long enough I'm not sure I can or what taste to expect, really. No complaints, of course, my choice. Great to have options for sure.

OF

OF,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'll have to add LA Confidential to my "bucket list." So far I've been pretty lucky in getting the strains I've wanted to try. My latest favorite was Train Wreck.

All of which taste mighty fine through my LB, by the way... ;)

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

funny, i just got some LA confidential and was what i used through my lb which i hadnt used in a while. i have some trainwreck also at the moment ;) I have had trainwreck before but was waiting for some of the LA confidential and what do ya know- it comes around ! its got a little purple in there , and it vapes well. sorta reminds me of kush. seems like it is going around this thread :D
The 'wreck is dense and smells fruity

Nycdeisel,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've lucked out and run across what was being called blue dream three different times out here. Every one was different and the most recent is disappointing.

stickstones,

lwien

^^ Just goes to show that a particular strain is just one part of the equation and that an equal part of that equation, and possibly even a bigger part, is the grower.

I lucked out and found a strain, Kilimanjaro, that is a sativa cross (Super Skunk x Big Skunk Korean x Big Bud x Afghani Hawaiian) and that has been grown by the same grower for over 5 years now and it is as consistently good now as the day I first had it over 3 years ago.

lwien,

mestizo

^^ Just goes to show that a particular strain is just one part of the equation and that an equal part of that equation, and possibly even a bigger part, is the grower.

I lucked out and found a strain, Kilimanjaro, that is a sativa cross (Super Skunk x Big Skunk Korean x Big Bud x Afghani Hawaiian) and that has been grown by the same grower for over 5 years now and it is as consistently good now as the day I first had it over 3 years ago.
CRC here I come, thanks for the reminder Iwien

mestizo,
Reactions: lwien

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Wow, look at all the LA Confidential love. This is the first time, I've tried it... but its pretty common at my co-op, if my recollection is accurate. Its a good strain... as I told my bud tender, "its legit". Good happy, giggling high. Nice pain management and as it wears off, no burn out, just a nice ease into sleep. It will go into my regular night rotation, as long as its available.

We're just starting out, growing some personal strains and I have a good hookup for clones and seeds. Since he's also my bud tender/friend, we're doing it as part of the co-op, the access to different strains is exceptional. I am most certainly, going to look into getting my hands on some of this for grow.

I've finally switched to different strains night/day. I was trying to fill the med needs, thru hybrids (Sativa dominant)... but, for what I require during the day, it counter-acts what I need at the end of the day. Blue Dream was my constant vapor for a good long while, then like stickstones, got a meh batch of it. I was turned onto Chemdawg at that time and while it is one of the most incredible day runners around, by night time... it feels like you've been drinking coffee, all day long. No shit. It will get you thru pretty much any type day, while whistling freakin' Disney tunes. I'd like to keep some around, but I don't think I can keep up with the energy buzz, all day/every day. Tried Green Crack, nice... too short, not enough pain management. My newest day strain is Headband, though it can space you out. Have to make the effort to put up my wife radar, when I'm on it... or she gets annoyed as Hell, with me. Also, if you don't push yourself, out the door... it WILL let you self-induce couch lock and naps. Maybe I'll try crossing Chemdawg/Headband.

BigDaddyVapor,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Well since we're talking about medical and our boxes...

I finally got around to getting my recommendation after toying with the idea. I'm currently taking meloxicam and tramadol to manage some joint pain (lol.) Also got some methylprednisolone in case it gets really bad, and sumatriptan for migraines. Anyways, got some Snow White from a dispensary and threw it in my box... lovely taste. The bowl just keeps on going. I've had at least 15 solid hits from this, and it looks like I can get another half dozen easily. The box is smooth as can be for me, and has put me in a good place with a single 50mg tramadol pill (instead of 3-6 a day.) Heavy indica, feel like I can fall asleep any time I want to. My nausea has also disappeared :)

Quetzalcoatl,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I take Tramadol also, 2-3x per day. Its great for bone pain, but doesn't touch muscle pain. I've found the combination of the Tramadol and MMJ, the perfect combination, to deal with both types of pain.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Definitely. The synergy is great, has to be part of that SNRI activity. Tramadol makes me nauseous so I usually take a beandryl or two with it, but I think I won't need it anymore. Have you tried anything stronger? I don't think I ever want to go higher than say, a 10mg hydrocodone, but tramadol has worked so well for me that I don't even want to change it.

The nugs are small marbles but are super dense. Love how it gets rid of my pain. Indicas are the best for pain, right? Or are there certain sativas that help with that too?

Za8csh.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

Tom

Dam you guys and your medical mj.... I don't see Australian legalising mmj anytime soon either :(

Tom,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, I've been on a lot stronger. After they cracked my chest open, I was on Oxycodone for 3 months. I tried weaning myself off it, didn't like the feeling at all. Told the doctor, he told me I was stupid... after the Oxy wore off, I found out how right the doctor was. I don't remember what they had me on, after that. Too many different things. Supposedly, I was only going to experience the bone pain/surgery related issues "for about a year". Well, 2 1/6 years later, I can tell you that's bullshit and everyone I've met with the zipper scar, has told me the same. It doesn't go away. I went on the Tramadol because of that remaining pain. Feels like someone stabbing me in the left side of my rib cage and upper left pectoral... pressure type pain, lower sternum and feels like my collar bone is breaking. MMJ (Sativa/Indica) don't touch that pain.

Most of my muscle pain, is related to my spine, esp the lower back. Been suffering bad back spasms lately. Tramadol doesn't do anything related to that. MMJ does. I would not want to try to move, without the combo of those two. I'm not big on pharmaceuticals, its why I went the MMJ route... but I have to admit, the Tramadol/MMJ combo is a good one. I don't appear to have any adverse side-effects from the Tramadol, so that might be attributed to the MMJ, or I just don't get them.

I would like to get off the Celexa and Zanax, but at this point in my life with everything coming up in the immediate future. Lot at stake... I don't want to take the chance, with screwing up my BP... the single most important thing I have to control, to stay alive. It ain't easy being a walking/talking time bomb... but, I think eventually the MMJ can control the depression, anxiety, stress. At least I hope so. Zanax makes me sleepy, most of the time.

That's why I typically smoke Sativa dominant strains. There are some very highly rated Sativa strains that do handle pain. I like them, because it handles my level of pain, but its a real cerebral high and motivates me to get the shit done every day. Indica... I'd be perma-couchlocked.

BigDaddyVapor,

DrDankNuggs

Got a PhD in Headies
Cant speak on the Celexa but I am just starting week number 2 off the Xanax, its not very fun. Joints hurt like hell just feel like crap all the time, 1 week down 2 weeks to go withdrawls suck but I'm trying to get all natural! Good luck brother, as long as you have access to your alternative medicines you will be fine! I only wish I was out west!

DrDankNuggs,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Cant speak on the Celexa but I am just starting week number 2 off the Xanax, its not very fun. Joints hurt like hell just feel like crap all the time, 1 week down 2 weeks to go withdrawls suck but I'm trying to get all natural! Good luck brother, as long as you have access to your alternative medicines you will be fine! I only wish I was out west!

I'm pulling for you, DrDank. Welcome to the forum. If you haven't noticed by now... you will find a LOT of help here. Never have I been to a friendlier place, where posters, admin, ownership truly care and the knowledge base is without equal. Sure, there's conflict from time to time... but it isn't any different than any large family gathering.

Good luck with ditching the Xanax.

BigDaddyVapor,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That MFLB looks huge!!! I guess it's the small stems (haven't seen one before).

Magic Flight Godzilla Box!

sessnet,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^^those are my shorty stems from ed. They add a bit more discreetness to using the stem and i love how they look on the box. I got them cause i loved how they look, but after discovered they are each unique. They each have a unique lip feel and way it effects the temp of the vapor.

Lol@ the godzilla launch box. It does kinda look huge huh? Just imagine a super LB, you'd have to load the trench with a crane and the giant battery is inserted like a huge piston. I'd crawl inside the super stem like a childrens play place and lie in the vapor path!

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: sessnet

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That's a badass pic above Pimp, you have quite a little collection there and by the end of the week it will be massive! I really like the Ebony on the right, that species is so dense and finishes sleek, its nice to get some of the black and creamy grain colors in such a small piece. As you said above and others have said, each species has a subtlety that is very enjoyable, maybe its the hint of difference to the vapor or the feel on the lips, either is a nice touch to add to your vaping experience. Just yesterday ordered some Irish Bog Oak, said to be anywhere between 1000-3000 years old. Its black as night and has a hella story to boot, should make for some very interesting pieces. Not sure what all will come of em. Only got a few small blanks, that stuff is super expensive. I know a couple will make for some beautiful Zap tubes as well as LB stems.

willieR

Been here since 2009
Who is having problems with the screen breaking / separating right where the screen is sort of bonded to the rods. My second one this has happened to. Nothing touches that screen except the LB brush or a q-tip. After using this for going on two years, I'd say this is the achilles heel.

willieR,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
willieR: I think the q-tip is tearing the screen slowly. It tends to hook on the rail bond and tear it then. I use q-tip very carefully just rolling them over the bond so it will not hook to it. And use them as rarely as I can.

Seek,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I really appreciate the reply, Seek. I don't use the Q-tip often at all, and in any event I can't see how this could tear the steel screen. The screen slices are right along the rod, very clean and not jagged / pulled. It's like the screen was cut but the black dope they use bonded it.

willieR,

OF

The screen slices are right along the rod, very clean and not jagged / pulled. It's like the screen was cut but the black dope they use bonded it.

I don't think there's and "black dope they use to bond" the screen to the rods, I think it's some sort of spot welding. I could be wrong, but I don't know what sort of material one might use to 'glue' those two metals (3 really it's used to be Copper plated) that conducts electricity well, is OK with the heat, doesn't outgas anything nasty ever. I looked pretty carefully at the last Box I handled new, next one I see I'd better take a better look I guess?

Checking my newest box (rails still clean, mostly original color, not much use) I find no such stuff. Under 45 power looks like about 25% of the mesh strands are melted away in the central line. Most are balled up showing remelt after welding most likely. Looks like a 'shoe' on a spot welder laid down a line weld to me. Must be fun to do, I think it's done in place (which is why they can't be replaced?).

OF

OF,
Reactions: willieR
Top Bottom