Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You've already made it clear, your experience and knowledge of the MFLB is limited. You tried it, didn't fully understand it (such as how the airway intake works), or its use... made a judgement, that's been corrected by others, with more knowledge of the device.

BDV, I think you're confusing Cutty's comments about airflow in his review with Wat's responses. I've re-read the thread and that's the only conclusion I can come to as to why you made the above statement about Wat's knowledge of the unit's airflow.

:peace:

Stu,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BDV, I think you're confusing Cutty's comments about airflow in his review with Wat's responses. I've re-read the thread and that's the only conclusion I can come to as to why you made the above statement about Wat's knowledge of the unit's airflow.

:peace:

Well, damn you're right, Stu. Then, I certainly do apologize for that glaring error, Wat. I should have been more diligent. I read through it twice, though was admittedly suffering divided attention. Not an excuse, however for the error.

Even taking my mistake into account, it still does not change the premise of the debate. Which is, the absurd idea that one method of vaporization is superior/efficient over another and the MFLB is incapable of fully vaporizing the actives in MJ.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'll await that apology.

Don't hold your breath, for anything other than the already given one. Doesn't change the facts.

I can handle a difference of opinion. It's your language and denigration over that opinion that I take issue with. I'll leave it to the reader to decide which of us has the problem.

Unfortunately, for you. Its already been decided. You've been told you're wrong, by more people, than not. That actually, is a fact. As for my language and supposed denigration... that, is your perception. If I wanted to be rude, I'd just follow your lead.

Regardless I'm done with this and you. Not worth the time, nor effort.

BigDaddyVapor,

Mtl Fenix

I always throw out my ABV, is it really worth keeping? do you really get much of a hit if you eat it?

I vape on low temp for a long time so that my AVB is an even light beige brown ... Personally I don't need to exhale clouds of smoke to get really high as other users seem to require ... Plus as per MLFB's website if you see white vapor when you exhale it's cause you're wasting potency ...Anyways, with my light brown AVB, I've so far done two batches of cookies .... They taste as good, are as potent as when using shake ... Just takes a lot longer to collect enough AVB but it is definitely worth to keep if you don't vape till your AVB is dark brown ... Personally, I don't like the taste at that point, too close to smoking in taste and is rough on the throat using only the standard stem that comes with the LB ... And cookies offer a nice variation or addition to vaping :)

Don't hold your breath, for anything other than the already given one. Doesn't change the facts.

Unfortunately, for you. Its already been decided. You've been told you're wrong, by more people, than not. That actually, is a fact. As for my language and supposed denigration... that, is your perception. If I wanted to be rude, I'd just follow your lead.

Regardless I'm done with this and you. Not worth the time, nor effort.

Gents,
I think it's time you all put this matter to rest ... Way too much testosterone for the subject at hand...
Just sit down, fill your bowls and enjoy a much needed and hopefully calming sesh ...
Afterwards maybe you can put your heads together and answer my earlier post asking if anyone could tell me whether they knew if running power for 45 mins through the LB could pose a problem, as I'm noticing the two rods on either side of the screen sort of passing through the screen after only a couple of weeks of using my LB with the AP for 45 min non stop sessions ...

mod note: Use the edit button to avoid back to back posts. It's a forum rule.

Mtl Fenix,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
the absurd idea that one method of vaporization is superior/efficient over another and the MFLB is incapable of fully vaporizing the actives in MJ
Most folk on here will know that there are distinct differences between the different methods of delivering the heat for vaporization, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Pure conduction anyone? (blue meanie). And there's no vaporizer on the market that can fully vaporize all of the actives in MJ in any meaningful time frame, not even your launchbox.

Well, damn you're right, Stu. Then, I certainly do apologize for that glaring error, Wat.

Well I'll graciously accept this and ignore the childish drivel in your subsequent post. Except to say "Unbelievable". You're a really nice guy. Intelligent too.

OF

Gents,

Afterwards maybe you can put your heads together and answer my earlier post asking if anyone could tell me whether they knew if running power for 45 mins through the LB could pose a problem, as I'm noticing the two rods on either side of the screen sort of passing through the screen after only a couple of weeks of using my LB with the AP for 45 min non stop sessions ...

OK, so nobody bit on this, I'll have a lash. Mostly guess, mind. First off, that's a huge amount of use. Perhaps not too many cycles but we're talking a dozen batteries to do that 45 minutes....and at a lower power level. And you do this a lot? You may well have the record number of hours on a single screen???

Anyway, I don't think the box was ever designed for this. You're running it hotter than originally intended in terms of drive (the PA didn't exist, battery weaknesses including discharging were part of the testing and design) but IMO more importantly in terms of time. I seriously doubt much testing was done by overdriving the screen (by the then standard) for very long times allowing the heat to build slowly a few degrees at a time. For sure the wood is dryer than it would be with the same number of hours with normal breaks and powers. The metal parts got hotter if even by a few degrees.

The erosion of contact between rods and screen (where it bonds on) is not good. It will cause the screen to slowly fail, first getting a bit colder strand by strand as the cross strands try to correct the current flow. Eventually you should reach a point where it will suddenly fail outright as the last few strands on one side get overloaded with all the current allowed by the improved contacts on the other side. It will suddenly pull free on that side and go stone cold. Or so I'd expect.

Anyway, I wouldn't do it. It is, of course, warrantied against failures......

What did the maker say when you asked? They've always been responsive, although sometimes slow to notice us here.

OF

OF,

enjoi123

Glass Master
Hey fellow mflb enthusiasts,
I'm looking to take my mflb experience to the next level, and was either going to buy the pa or a nice tube and wpa. Just wondering which I should invest in first and why.
Thanks for the advice

enjoi123,

OF

Hey fellow mflb enthusiasts,
I'm looking to take my mflb experience to the next level, and was either going to buy the pa or a nice tube and wpa. Just wondering which I should invest in first and why.
Thanks for the advice

I'd go with the PA, more useful in more cases? Don't get me wrong WPA is a cool idea too, it's that I think the PA makes a bigger difference and will see more use.

OF

enjoi123

Glass Master
Never using the pa this question might sound dumb, but i'm going to ask it anyway. Is it possible to set it to a level where the mflb acts more like a ssv or other vapes where it will heat the herb to the right temperature, and you are unable to combust it.

enjoi123,

OF

Never using the pa this question might sound dumb, but i'm going to ask it anyway. Is it possible to set it to a level where the mflb acts more like a ssv or other vapes where it will heat the herb to the right temperature, and you are unable to combust it.

Not in my experience. It's just too far out of the design goals. The compromises made to make it what it is automatically means it will not be as good in some areas.

The design goals included frugal working WRT energy needed. This leads to sensitivity to how much cold air is drawn in for instance. Can't have one without the other. The intent is to just barely be able to almost burn dry herb with hot batteries and no air flow....quickly. Not easy but it's a fine balance against the battery with little slack for rough grind, wet herb, cold temperatures (effects battery performance), older batteries and so on. The user is a critical part of the process as I see it. We don't have the basis for up front desk top performance, but again, that's really in keeping with the compromises necessary to get stuff we really want badly.

Such is life?

OF

Edit: Sorry to quibble, but that's not a dumb question....not even close. Honest questions are never dumb IMO, but often prompt some answers that aren't all that helpful..... OF

OF,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
enjoi123: You can set the PA to low enough it will not combust. It will not hit like ssv and other convection vapes as it is not convection. With PA you stil have to draw slowly to get hits. Sure the PA is something more, than batteries.

Seek,

Tom

Guys a google search returned a result from 2 days ago from someone wanting to sell their unused exotic koa wood box, but clicking the link resulted in a deleted forum thread.

The post was in Ask FC, does anyone know the user so I can contact them, or does anyone know of someone willing to sell their exotic wood box. I am very interested in acquiring one .... $

Tom,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Tom, this thread was removed because the seller was not qualified to sell here and was not following forum rules in regards to selling here.

I would suggest contacting Magic Flight regarding exotic LB's. They do release some occasionally. Otherwise, keep an eye on the classifieds section to see if one becomes available. Or, when you have enough post counts and time here, perhaps you can put up a "Wanted" ad yourself for one.

momofthegoons,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OF, BigDaddy and WatTyler...

Please discontinue your current dialogue about efficiencies. The tone is exactly what we don't want around here and is a good way to derail and kill a thread (not that anything could stop this juggernaut thread). You guys have all been around enough to know that reading forum posts takes more diligence and grace than normal conversation and currently you are just perpetuating the bullshit. I respect all three of your opinions and think you guys are caught up in some semantics and imparied (I hope!) judgement. Let's keep it civil and non-infraction worthy, or just walk away.

Tom

momo I have contacted them but them are not providing details of when the exotics will be available.

Also what is the reason for limiting the classifieds to experienced posters only?

Tom,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
momo I have contacted them but them are not providing details of when the exotics will be available.

Also what is the reason for limiting the classifieds to experienced posters only?

The reason is that not all people come to this forum for the right reasons and those rules help to filter bad outcomes for the forum users. If you are on ebay who do you trust? the first time poster or the guy with 5 stars and 200 sales?

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
OF, BigDaddy and WatTyler...

Please discontinue your current dialogue about efficiencies. The tone is exactly what we don't want around here and is a good way to derail and kill a thread (not that anything could stop this juggernaut thread). You guys have all been around enough to know that reading forum posts takes more diligence and grace than normal conversation and currently you are just perpetuating the bullshit. I respect all three of your opinions and think you guys are caught up in some semantics and imparied (I hope!) judgement. Let's keep it civil and non-infraction worthy, or just walk away.

I appreciate your patience and level-headed response, to the situation. I'm aware I added my fair share, to the level of frustration. My apologies for bringing the bad vibes/mojo to everyone's party.

I will be more diligent, refraining from it, in the future.

Off to meet with some LA Confidential, then bed.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom