obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
unl123 said:
Just got my LB yesterday and so far i love it. I have a question about the 8 hour charger thats included thoough? I left it on overnight and now the light when off. Does that mean its done? It wasnt evne on for 8 hours.
it is a four hour charger, at least mine is. when the light goes off it means the batts are charged. pop 'em out and start vaping already :)

obelisk,

unl123

Oh, but the directions said its an 8 hour charger. Is this something new that just wasnt updated on the directions or what?

unl123,

steiner666

Serial vapist
unl123 said:
Oh, but the directions said its an 8 hour charger. Is this something new that just wasnt updated on the directions or what?
Do the instructions also say that the light DOESNT go off when the batteries are charged? I know mine did, even though my charge is the newer one that's light DOES go out when they're charged. I think they either havent updated the instructions still or maybe they have but the one you got was in the resellers stock since b4 they did. Either that or the 8 hours they referred to was just for the initial charging. A lot instructions for rechargeable batteries or devices with built in rechargeable batteries say to fully charge them before first usage, for a lot longer than a normal charge takes.

I'd just go by when the light goes out and don't overthink it too much. I do that too, worry about batteries and whether they're fully charged before using them or fully discharged before charging them, but i think this is from older rechargeable battery technology i've used in the past. I think the lithium-ion batteries that were the more popular rechargeable in the past would lose capacity when they're not fully charged and discharged so many times, NiMH dont have the problem, if i recall.

steiner666,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
My kit came with the older charger that takes 8 hours and light never goes off. Also many times the batteries are charged upon arrival. The new chargers many say have a light that goes off, very nice! You should be ready to rock!!

Lo,

darth_vapor

The 8 hour charger the instructions mention is not what they send out anymore. Now you get a Sanyo charger that only takes a couple of hours (at least for me). It works really well and, yes, when the light goes off the batteries are fully charged.

I did buy an identical charger to the 8 hour one pictured in the old materials, the dual AA USB charger- the lights stay on forever on that model- no sign of "batteries are done" except waiting about 8 hours. I can check them in the Sanyo charger by putting a "charged" battery in and if the light goes back off after a second or two, then the battery is charged.

I will also say that for anyone who wishes they had the USB model that is pictured here and there, I've got both now (easy to find USB model on eBay, included PoS cheapo batteries) and the sanyo travel charger the MFLB currently ships with is a huge improvement over the USB model in most respects, ranging from construction, materials, function, charging time, etc.

I do like having both for when I need to charge 4 batteries at once, and the USB is cool, so I guess I'm glad I spent like $8 on ebay buying the USB model to go with it.

darth_vapor,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I bought an Energizer 15 minute charger, and while it works, and fast, it won't charge any more than one battery at a time without giving a blinking error message indicating a bad battery (and I know the batteries aren't bad....just the charger). I actually haven't used the included charger yet....just keeping it as a fallback.

Tom

tdavie,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Didn't Magic-flight post a while back to not use the 15 minute Energizer charger because it will poach your batteries.

DeepFried,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
MF said the 15 min charger could decrease the overal life of the batteries I believe. I have one but stopped using as soon as I read that but if I were in a pinch....sacrifices might be made ;)

Lo,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@DeepFriend and Lo; yep, I know that overall battery life will be reduced, but I'm willing to make the tradeoff. I figure even if the battery life is reduced from 1000 charges to 500 charges I'm paying less than a penny per charge/use. I might use 4 batteries on a heavy use day (I never use a battery for more than 6 draws now and find I'm getting more reliable results or reproducible results than if I drain a battery all the way in the LB over multiple sessions.

It's still costing me less to use the LB than to use the Iolite (although it's very close)

Tom

tdavie,

OC513

Dabaholic
I was wondering should I oil my box? Like I oil my cutting boards, wodden kitchen spoons etc? Some mineral oil may help protect the wood......keep it from drying out. Any thoughts? Magic Flight an opinion?

OC513,

stinac

Hi

I have older unit for about 1 year and i used it maybe 10-15 times.
I newer seen visible vapor and from what i read here, you all with new (led) units do have.
Is LED only difference or newer units are bit stronger ?
I use sanyo 2700 and stock batteries, and charge them with several chargers.
Weed does get brown at the end of 4 batt.

stinac,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OC513 said:
I was wondering should I oil my box? Like I oil my cutting boards, wodden kitchen spoons etc? Some mineral oil may help protect the wood......keep it from drying out. Any thoughts? Magic Flight an opinion?
Hi,

We use an odorless butcher block oil (a food grade light mineral oil) -- usually the Jasco brand. We do recommend that people that use the Box frequently treat the outside of the Box every few months to preserve the color of the wood.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

OC513

Dabaholic
magicflight said:
OC513 said:
Hi,

We use an odorless butcher block oil (a food grade light mineral oil) -- usually the Jasco brand. We do recommend that people that use the Box frequently treat the outside of the Box every few months to preserve the color of the wood.

-- Magic-Flight
Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be a good idea. I use that same food grade mineral oil on my wooden kitchen tools and thought it would be great for the box. Nice to know I was correct......even while currently on a Magic Flight :p

OC513,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OC513 said:
magicflight said:
OC513 said:
Hi,

-- Magic-Flight
Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be a good idea. I use that same food grade mineral oil on my wooden kitchen tools and thought it would be great for the box. Nice to know I was correct......even while currently on a Magic Flight :p
Where do you buy your food grade light mineral oil?

Vicki,

unl123

I think im starting to get the hang of this thing. But there is still a little black in the abv. So do I just need to inhale a little faster or what?

unl123,

OC513

Dabaholic
Vicki said:
OC513 said:
magicflight said:
Hi,

-- Magic-Flight
any good kitchen store(williams-sonoma,sur le table), some grocery stores, Ikea has it.........I personally bought a big bottle from Ikea.....like $4 and it will last many years

OC513,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think im starting to get the hang of this thing. But there is still a little black in the abv. So do I just need to inhale a little faster or what?
You know, there's really no way to tell you how to do this properly. You just have to keep practicing. I'd venture that even people who have had the LB for a while will tell you that occasionally, the hit isn't just right. So keep practicing young jedi, the force is strong in you! ;)

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
momofthegoons said:
You know, there's really no way to tell you how to do this properly. You just have to keep practicing. I'd venture that even people who have had the LB for a while will tell you that occasionally, the hit isn't just right. So keep practicing young jedi, the force is strong in you! ;)
I think us newbies would be more like Padawan's, and you pro's are the Jedi's. :p

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OC513 said:
Vicki said:
OC513 said:
any good kitchen store(williams-sonoma,sur le table), some grocery stores, Ikea has it.........I personally bought a big bottle from Ikea.....like $4 and it will last many years
Thank you! :)

Have you ever used a couple drops of alcohol to clean your LB screen, considering you have had yours a while?

Vicki,

OC513

Dabaholic
Vicki said:
OC513 said:
Vicki said:
Thank you! :)

Have you ever used a couple drops of alcohol to clean your LB screen, considering you have had yours a while?
I have not had mine long at all.....only a few weeks........so no I have not used any alcohol to clean it yet. If it gets that gunked up I would try it as I read in here that it works and with their warranty I have nothing to lose :D

OC513,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
magicflight said:
OC513 said:
Hi,

-- Magic-Flight
Ah, thank you. The sides of my LB have noticeably lightened already. I've started to use coconut oil on my other vape but it might be too sticky for this one. Thanks for the heads up :tup:

obelisk,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I inserted my battery for a bit (10-20 seconds max) with an empty trench and saw what looked like vapor wisps coming out of the hole still. It doesnt look much different now (not that it was bad before, it was mainly out of curiosity that i did this), but I noticed that herb seems to stick to the bottom (and only the very bottom) of the trench more after i did that. I have to tap it a lot harder after i flip it after a hit to get the pieces off, and even then some may still stick. It seems to have lessened a bit today though, so maybe this means herb sticks more to a clean screen than one thats seen some normal usage?

Also, I gotta comment on the efficiency of this vape. Whenever I'm in a situation where the bag is gettin low and i'm still a ways off from my next, I switch to using my LB almost exclusively. It helps me make less last longer than my DBV, largely due to the bowl/trench size i'm sure - the 1/3 capacity bowls i pack in the DBV are still about 2x the normal trenchload i put in this.

Also, when i use my desktop vape, i usually feel more like i need to do all my vaping in one sitting and just vape the shit out of my stuff on the first run. When I'm using the LB, i take a few hits, get nicely stoned, get distracted by something else for a while and then take a hit or two to kick me back up and this makes the effect last longer overall. Plus, i can usually load two spent trenches worth of ABV in my dbv and get a few more hits. Good stuff.

steiner666,

deltr0n

Big Daddy Oil
Hey all, just got my box!
haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, but it looks like theres a spot where the heating coil touches the plexiglass top of the vape. should I be worried about this? is this how they all are?
I'm wondering if plexiglass will even offgas at these temps?

deltr0n,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
deltr0n said:
Hey all, just got my box!
haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, but it looks like theres a spot where the heating coil touches the plexiglass top of the vape. should I be worried about this? is this how they all are?
I'm wondering if plexiglass will even offgas at these temps?
Hi,

The negative terminal ring (the part you are talking about) does not get hot -- the heating element is inside the bowl proper and is far to far away from the cover for there to be any possibility of softening the cover, let alone out-gassing. They are all made that way, so no worries.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,
Top Bottom