greenganja

I placed my order this morning through Vape World with overnight shipping. The ordering process through Vape World was very easy and the sales person was very courteous and knew the basics about the products that Vape World currently offers. Can't wait to try it out. I will post my opinon of this product after I get some hands on use with it. Looking forward to posting a glowing review. :peace:

greenganja,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

People who are in the Denver area and are looking for in-person warranty service or to meet the developer of the Box may get a chance to do so at the Colorado Cannabis Convention, starting today and continuing until 10PM tomorrow. This is an unexpected cameo appearance, so come see Magic-Flight the Denver Convention Center if you can... Booth C34.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

unl123

Everytime i put my batery in the charger the light just blinks. Does that mean theyre charged or is something wrong?

unl123,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
unl123 said:
Everytime i put my batery in the charger the light just blinks. Does that mean theyre charged or is something wrong?
Hi,

Depends on the charger and battery. If they are the ones we ship, then something is probably needing attention. Please contact us via email for service/support.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

chloe

magicflight said:
Hi,

People who are in the Denver area and are looking for in-person warranty service or to meet the developer of the Box may get a chance to do so at the Colorado Cannabis Convention, starting today and continuing until 10PM tomorrow. This is an unexpected cameo appearance, so come see Magic-Flight the Denver Convention Center if you can... Booth C34.

-- Magic-Flight
Cool hopefully as you grow, you'll spread some of that love up north :) maybe toronto or vancouver? :)

Best wishes at the convention

chloe,

wtfd03

magicflight said:
Hi,

-- Magic-Flight
This is awesome. I wish I was in Colorado!

I posted a few pages back about a drawing problem from the LB and I think I fixed it. I suggest cleaning the LB trench with a few drops of alcohol and make sure it dries completely. Then insert battery with the lid open for at least minute or so until you stop seeing gasses. I usually don't clean it with alcohol (about twice so far) but always cleaned up the trench by letting it burn with the lid open every couple of days. I use the LB everyday with herb+kief and I think my problem was caused by the kief burning but can't be sure. Had it since February and I thoroughly enjoy it!

wtfd03,

XPanda

Best charger for the least $ ??

According to Sanyo, makers of the Eneloop batteries (MF recommended NImH battery maker), a charger that takes longer than 2 hrs is best for battery life in the long run, which includes the following charger. On the other hand, Eneloop states on their website that only GE/Sanyo chargers will qualify to honor their warranty on the batteries. Still, at this price, this is a nice, safe charger, with good safety features and individual charging capability, 3 power sources, trickle charges after full charge. Also, the LCD allows you to see the state of each battery as it recharges, whereas chargers simply having a red or green light do not.

Recommended Charger:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NXTGNA/ref=oss_product

T6778 Universal Input (Ac 110-220v) Ultra Fast Smart Charger with LCD Display, USB Cable and Car Plug

(I don't see a switch for 220v, so I don't know how to prove the above-mentioned capability, otherwise I'm very happy with this charger)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $9.99

Ships from and sold by Battery Superstore

Product Features and Technical Details
Product Features
110-240V AC worldwide Voltage ,60/50Hz, 12-13.8V DC, 5V DC
4-individual charging channels enables you to charge 1,2,3 or 4 pieces of same or different types(Nimh/Nicd), different size(AA or AAA) and different capacity of batteries at the same time
LCD indicator displays the charging status of each cell
Negative Delta V Cut off feature to 100% protect your batteries, With over-temperature and reverse polarity protection
Could be charged by AC Adapter, external car adaptor or USB cable
Technical Details
Model: 01107

XPanda,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Got new LB and it's a day/night difference between it and my old one. I had to fight to get vapor out of my first because it ran so damn cool, had to hit as slow as i possibly could and pause every few seconds to let it get hot enough. I loaded my new one up and hit it as slow as i hit my old one and almost combusted lol. Now i can take about 5 second draws and get roughly 2x the vapor that i got out of hits that had to take at least 15 seconds b4. And now I dont need to take 12+ hits to get a 2/3 full trench decently vaped, i can do it in almost half as many hits now, which means quicker and stealthier delivery as well as more trenches per battery (made it through 4 w/ 1 battery yesterday, 1 battery kept me nicely baked all day, amazing)

Also, the light is MUCH brighter than my other. I had to fight to get the battery in right and have the light stay on bright on my last one, and even when it did it was just a light in an otherwise dark hole. This one lights up instantly and illuminates the whole cavity lol, its great.

The only problem i've been running into is that herb is sticking to the bottom of this trench worse than my old one. I think it just needs a few more uses and a bit of build up on the screen to keep it from doing that so much.

Overall though, it's amazing how much better this box is. MF is also equally amazing with their unsurpassed (imo anyway) support of their product. I had some reservations about my LB before, and i used to only be able to honestly recommend it to ppl with vaping experience who already owned desktop vape, but now its an unquestionable 10/10 from me and a strong recommendation to everyone. My one friend joined me for the maiden voyage on this box (busted out the stem so i didnt get other man mouth germs on my box) and it was his first time hitting one and he got 3 really good hits and one weaker one towards the end and was really impressed.

steiner666,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
steiner666 said:
Got new LB and it's a day/night difference between it and my old one. I had to fight to get vapor out of my first because it ran so damn cool, had to hit as slow as i possibly could and pause every few seconds to let it get hot enough. I loaded my new one up and hit it as slow as i hit my old one and almost combusted lol. Now i can take about 5 second draws and get roughly 2x the vapor that i got out of hits that had to take at least 15 seconds b4. And now I dont need to take 12+ hits to get a 2/3 full trench decently vaped, i can do it in almost half as many hits now, which means quicker and stealthier delivery as well as more trenches per battery (made it through 4 w/ 1 battery yesterday, 1 battery kept me nicely baked all day, amazing)

Also, the light is MUCH brighter than my other. I had to fight to get the battery in right and have the light stay on bright on my last one, and even when it did it was just a light in an otherwise dark hole. This one lights up instantly and illuminates the whole cavity lol, its great.

The only problem i've been running into is that herb is sticking to the bottom of this trench worse than my old one. I think it just needs a few more uses and a bit of build up on the screen to keep it from doing that so much.

Overall though, it's amazing how much better this box is. MF is also equally amazing with their unsurpassed (imo anyway) support of their product. I had some reservations about my LB before, and i used to only be able to honestly recommend it to ppl with vaping experience who already owned desktop vape, but now its an unquestionable 10/10 from me and a strong recommendation to everyone. My one friend joined me for the maiden voyage on this box (busted out the stem so i didnt get other man mouth germs on my box) and it was his first time hitting one and he got 3 really good hits and one weaker one towards the end and was really impressed.
how would one know if the LB is running cooler than the intended stock calibration, short of buying another one and comparing? i like the LB for stealth and portability reasons, but it definitely does not get me all nice and high.

obelisk,

steiner666

Serial vapist
obelisk said:
how would one know if the LB is running cooler than the intended stock calibration, short of buying another one and comparing? i like the LB for stealth and portability reasons, but it definitely does not get me all nice and high.
That's just it, it's really hard to know until you can do a comparison with another... With mine i was only seeing any sort of visible vapor if i hit it slow (~20 second hits) and took quick pauses every few seconds to let it build up hear some more. I even messed up and left the battery in for a few seconds after i finished a hit, on at least one occasion, and still never had anything burn in it. It would take 10+ hits to get a 1/2 full trench looking close to regular ABV, whereas this one does it in about half that. The first hit is still a bit thin (same with most vapes) but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are very visible and consistent (you exhale a pretty even stream of vapor, not a bit of vapor and then a bunch of air or vice versa).

I'd say the main difference is that i can hit the cool one as slow as i possibly can (no real detectable noise when hitting) w/o anything coming out black, but if i putz around on this new one it's not uncommon to see some black afterward, and i can hear the air rushing when i hit it, and sometimes even see bits of herb swirling around in the bowl from the airflow.

*edit* spent almost all day yesterday stoned off four 1/2 sized trenches that i spread throughout my day, using the same battery. Got home and dumped out the ABV and it didnt even look like enough to roll a standard size j out of :lol: if only i would have got this soon, how much money i would have saved,

The herb HAS stopped sticking to the bottom so bad after it was used a half dozen times. I can see why cleaning these things isnt really needed, they actually seem to perform better when theres a bit of stuff in the screen.

steiner666,

sgvpunk

So after many weeks of research I was stuck between two portable vaporizers. The iolite, and the launchbox. I was able to purchase the iolite for 150 (great price), but after reading alot of the posts here on FC i decided on the launchbox. I have been using it for the past few weeks and absolutely love this box. Its so incredible. Anybody who is trying to decided whether or not to get this box needs to buy it. It creates instant vapor, super stealthy, and it makes your greens last soooo long. One gram lasted me 5 sessions with 3 people passing the box around. Just make sure to get extra batteries! I have nothing but great things to say about the Launch box!! I am a very happy customer :)

sgvpunk,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Anyone know what the word is on the plug in adapter fore the LB?
MF is still working on it. They will contact us when ready, but they ran into some obstacles. To ease any concerns, MF told me that anyone from FC will get first dibs on these when they come out, so there is no need for a true waiting list. Im exited.

Recently got a "newer" LB, for anyone who has one with the light. This one works better then my old one ever did, i already thought the product was amazing, but now its just more amazing. I can for sure make clouds of vapor, something i was never able to do before. My batteries seem to last longer too. MF is a great product. I have tried the Iolite, it is no contest. Just need a lot of AA's if you want to use often. Out!

IAmKrazy2,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I was iffy on the adapter until I realized that it meant I could use the Launch Box in a motorhome this summer :) That alone tipped the balance towards a purchase.

But it will get here when it gets here.

Tom

tdavie,

greenganja

It's been three days and so far I am really liking my new MFLB. I already had a bunch of NIMH AA batteries and a couple of chargers to keep me in fresh batteries. I have noticed what some others have said about a fresh battery lasting for about one bowl or trench is very accurate, which is not a problem at all, just an observation. This little thing can deliver. 1 to 2 bowls usually does me pretty good. I took it over to a friends house that was having a little get together for some friends and shared the experience with them and after two bowls between 5 of us we were pretty baked. One friend did accidentally make it combust but that was my fault for not explaining this to him prior to his using it, he left the battery in while holding it and talking. At lunch time I take a little walk on a nature trail by the office and enjoy using the MFLB on my nature hikes. I noticed if you are using it without one of the acrylic stems that the vapor and part of the box where the stem is inserted can get a little hot, but I've learned that this can be cooled down by breathing in a little faster and heavier. Anyhow, just wanted to say how happy I am with this vape. This is truly the best portable vape that I have tried to date.

greenganja,

lwien

Ok all you LB users out there, tell me what the downsides are of using the LB as your primary home vape.

When I went from my Genie to my Purple Days, the first thing that hit me was the better taste that the PD gave. No comparison. The PD just tasted a whole bunch better. And then when I compared the efficiency, it was no contest. So the PD won out for a home vape.

When I got the Iolite, I experienced the exact same thing. Much better taste and much better efficiency with the PD.

With the Buddha, I was able to get much thicker and richer hits back to back than I could get out of the PD, but at the sake of efficiency.

But with all of the positive reports that I've been reading about the LB, I am very curious as to what the downsides are as compared to a good home unit like the PD or a Buddha. Is it taste, efficiency, size of hit? Talking about personal use here...........not party situations.

I know of one person here who has hung up her whip based vape in favor of the LB.

Thoughts?

lwien,

hopandstop

Hopefully I can be of some help to you, lwien, as I use and only have a PD and a MFLB. I view it as a great companion to the PD.

Judging from the vapes you have, I'd say it definitely fills it's own niche. Portability and size aside, the fact that something so small can deliver is amazing.

And that's about it; in my experience, viewing it as a companion, for taking it to that next level without breaking out the bigger vapes, it's perfect. I'm not saying it cannot be used as a home vape, which it certainly can, but if you have the luxury of multiple units to choose from, it makes a great addition. For some, automatically assuming one thing and discovering another might be a let down (psychologically; the MFLB delivers in all respects).

If this makes no sense I do apologize.

hopandstop,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
But with all of the positive reports that I've been reading about the LB, I am very curious as to what the downsides are as compared to a good home unit like the PD or a Buddha. Is it taste, efficiency, size of hit? Talking about personal use here...........not party situations.
You need one buddy. It's like a mini portable PD. Taste is not smack your lips good, but you get some flavor. Efficiency is pretty good, but not up to par with the PD. You can learn to make it pretty efficent after some practice. On the new LB, you can get a pretty good sized hit, but not as big as my PD.

There is a bit more of a learning curve then the PD, you need to be careful to not scorch the herb on the newer LB's. Taste will not be as good as your DBV, with smaller hits for sure.

Bottom line this sucker is so small, and heats so quick, with stellar USA construction and customer service, great price, we should all own one. The places you can use this, amazing.

IAmKrazy2,

greenganja

lwien said:
Ok all you LB users out there, tell me what the downsides are of using the LB as your primary home vape.

When I went from my Genie to my Purple Days, the first thing that hit me was the better taste that the PD gave. No comparison. The PD just tasted a whole bunch better. And then when I compared the efficiency, it was no contest. So the PD won out for a home vape.

When I got the Iolite, I experienced the exact same thing. Much better taste and much better efficiency with the PD.

With the Buddha, I was able to get much thicker and richer hits back to back than I could get out of the PD, but at the sake of efficiency.

I know of one person here who has hung up her whip based vape in favor of the LB.

Thoughts?
While I have only owned my MFLB for a short three days, here is what I can tell you. I own both the PD & DBV, but the MFLB serves as my portable unit. While you can use the MFLB as a primary home unit I personally prefer my DBV when at home. The MFLB will not give you the big hits like the DBV. The overall taste of the hit from a MFLB is pleasant but not the same as from a PD or DBV. The hits from the PD & DBV seem to taste a little better and generally fuller type hits. The hits from the MFLB taste good, it's a little bit of a lighter taste (it seems there may be more oxygen in the mix than vapor versus the PD or Buddha). I couldn't see the MFLB replacing either my PD or my Buddha but that's just my personal opinion. However it does one thing very well, and that is serve as an excellent portable vape.

greenganja,

B.

War Criminal
I use my MZ more than my LB purely because I am able to conserve a a little better with the zap, but I do have nights where I only use the box. I rarely have nights where I only use the zap. My usual post work wind down vape session is a couple lightly packed stems I'm able to take down in one or two hits thru my bong, followed by casual hits off the LB. MZ gets me where I want to be quickly, LB keeps me there all night. I think the LB makes a fine main vape. My sister, who has had a LB since christmas, has fucked combustion, and now uses her box exclusively. She is actually opposed to getting any other vape, she likes to keep it simple. She was an every day smoker for 10 years before this. Now she's an every day vaper, just like her big bro. Took me YEARS to get her to make the switch. Stubborn runs in our family.

My poor SSV, which I still love, rarely gets the attention she deserves. She just goes thru the green soooo fast. Also, my cat has an ongoing war with the heating element in my SSV. It's a fight he'll never win, but he never gives up either, slapping the heater cover and being surprised every time when it burns him. He actually put a small crack in the heater cover where it bends :)

B.,

D Lau

[6] I've just received my Magic Flight Launch Box this week and here is my story:

I am a recreational user of cannabis and before vaporizing, I had been combusting and wanted a healthy alternative. I was breathing in unhealthy smoke and the pipe was difficult to clean. One day while checking out the website '/r/trees', someone had posted an entry mentioning a 'Launch Box'. My immediate reaction was to look it up on Google. After a bit of browsing, I found the 'Fuck Combustion' and the 'Magic Flight' websites. I read many positive reviews online and the idea of purchasing a Launch-box looked promising. If the reviews held to their words, my sessions would be smoother and more enjoyable. My reaction? Simply awesome.

The Magic Flight Launch Box is compact, durable, light, and easy to use. Just place grounded herb inside, affix plastic inhaling tube, insert battery, and you're good to go! Smell is minimal, no coughing, and I get the same level of high as previously. You'll feel comfortable knowing the fact that you can discreetly vaporize anywhere, anytime. Don't forget to share with your friends!

I don't have any chief complaints about the quality of the product; it does what it's been designed to do. It is competitively priced against other portable vaporizers and even comes with a lifetime warranty. The Launch Box has permanently replaced my pipe/lighter and will be an essential tool of my life everyday.
Thank you 'Magic Flight' for a great product, 'Fuck Combustion' for the forum discussion, and '/r/trees' for exposing me to this.

-D Lau

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Iwien, you already know my view points from above and other threads, however, I think you might enjoy this product. The portability is the biggest feature. The draw isn't going to be as big as your other vapes. But Krazy put it best:

Bottom line this sucker is so small, and heats so quick, with stellar USA construction and customer service, great price, we should all own one. The places you can use this, amazing.

momofthegoons,

obelisk

lwien said:

Thoughts?
hits are weak, possible to take bigger hits but then the taste sucks, efficient but not as effective/satisfying as the wdz/mz, taste is a bit sucky irrespective

pros are it is very portable, stealthy and it is almost as efficient as the wdz/mz

it's a good buy for portable use. better vapes out there for personal home use. but then, on the go use is what this thing was designed for and it does that well.

i'd say picking this unit up for any reasons other than portable/stealth use would be setting yourself up for disappointment ime :2c:

obelisk,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
obelisk said:
i'd say picking this unit up for any reasons other than portable/stealth use would be setting yourself up for disappointment ime :2c:
I disagree. I received my LB almost 2 months ago, and I have been using it exclusively since. I haven't even used my Vapor Warez at all, except for hash/kief, occasionally, in the evening.

I use cannabis as medicine, and have been using the Vapor Warez exclusively for years. I must admit that it has not always helped my pain as well as I would like. Using the LB is a different story. I immediately noticed how much more effective it was for pain than my VW.

I have also noticed that I use less herb in the LB as opposed to my VW, and that is always a big plus too. :)

The fact that the LB is portable and stealthy too are just added bonuses on top of all that. :D

Vicki,

obelisk

Vicki said:
obelisk said:
I disagree. I received my LB almost 2 months ago, and I have been using it exclusively since. I haven't even used my Vapor Warez at all, except for hash/kief, occasionally, in the evening.

I use cannabis as medicine, and have been using the Vapor Warez exclusively for years. I must admit that it has not always helped my pain as well as I would like. Using the LB is a different story. I immediately noticed how much more effective it was for pain than my VW.

I have also noticed that I use less herb in the LB as opposed to my VW, and that is always a big plus too. :)

The fact that the LB is portable and stealthy too are just added bonuses on top of all that. :D
hey Vicki, I am glad you like your LB. like i said before, your positive comments regarding it were a big part of why i got it. and i don't regret getting it, just regret that i had such high expectations of it.

i will say this much: the manufacturer of this product touts this as a portable vape. that is the expectation the manufacturer is setting for this product and i think it is the correct one. this is a portable, stealthy vape that extracts the goodness in pot quite efficiently. it cannot be beat in that department.

this thread gave me reason to have unrealistic expectations for the LB and i think those expectations are a big reason why i am disappointed. if used as intended, it does exactly what the manufacturer advertises that it does.

your experiences with the vape might be very good, but it is not meant to be a home vape. it was not designed with that intent.

don't mean to invalidate your opinion or your experience with the LB, there is no way I can do that! but i just wanted to say that the high praise the unit got here warped my expectations of the LB. this definitely negatively affected the experience of owning and using the LB for me and i just wanted to throw that out there for folks to consider. with all the, well deserved i might add, praise this unit gets here, it is easy to get carried away and expect things out of this little thing that are unrealistic. that is all i am saying :2c:

hope this does not sound like i am trying to counter or negate your expression of your experience with it!!

obelisk,
Top Bottom