Kweli

What kind of household cleaning products can you use to get this glue stuff off the batteries???
Please help!!!

I tried using the search function but it only shows me this thread, and im not about to read 92 pages to find the one post (site needs better search results)

Mod note: Free free to make a monetary contribution towards improving the software. ;)

Kweli,

caseball2051

i thought the same, but if you go back there is a way to narrow it down to posts and not topics.
its towards the bottom. on the side of the sort results by options. it should help narrow it down. i

dont know the answer to your question though, but i do remember it being discusssed.

caseball2051,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I purchased some Eveready batteries that had alot of adhesive after. I used Goo Gone, being careful not to get in on the contact end. Then I used some ISO to clean that residue off.

momofthegoons,

Jericho99

I manually cleaned off the adhesive on my Eneloop batteries by just rubbing it with a cotton cloth. It was a bitch and takes like 10 minutes a battery, but hey, doesn't require any other products.

Jericho99,

happydays

Either get a good battery charger(one that can do a break-in cycle) or plan on replacing your batteries often.
The batteries I got with my MF tested at 1940 mah and 1470 mah out of the box. they refreshed close to 2000.
I got some 2700 powerex , 1st 4 came back over 2685 mah.
They blow away the eneloops. I'm going to recoat the eneloops and put them in my walkman,
them cd's don't burn as much juice.

And to the mods; I seem to see a certain out of round poster calling all of us rotten fuckers and such but no red writing under his shit, is he a mod?
I see some people getting admonished for the f- word and not others, can we use the f- word or not?

happydays,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
can we use the f- word or not?
You can use the F-Word. The Fucking LB Rules! The site is named, Fuck combustion!

Just can't use fuck to attack someone.

The LB has got a lot of use from me the last few weeks, got batteries charging now too.

IAmKrazy2,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
steiner666 said:
... I think the problem must just be with the battery or the contact points. I look in the hole and can see that some of the copper coating on wires has been worn down to shiney silver. As i said b4, i have to wiggle it a lot to get it to light up bright... The fix might be as easy as bending the circular wire in a bit so that it grips the sides of the battery tighter...
Hi,

Agreed, you observations are most likely to be the result of a poor contact with the circular wire ring. The shine/silver is ok -- what matters is that the ring makes a good firm contact with the side of the battery, without being too tight to insert/remove. If this continues to be an issue, go ahead and try the fix you suggest, and if that fails, contact us privately for further assistance.

-- Magic-Flight

PS: these same comments apply to anyone who might be having trouble in this same way, not just Steiner666.

magicflight,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
IAmKrazy2 said:
can we use the f- word or not?
You can use the F-Word. The Fucking LB Rules! The site is named, Fuck combustion!

Just can't use fuck to attack someone.

The LB has got a lot of use from me the last few weeks, got batteries charging now too.
Fok-king sub-culture of FC LB vaporists rulzs! :/

stark1,

ewhitey718

used it for the first time last night. i cant believe how efficient it is! definitely approve of this product. very very sneaky although it does smell a fair amount. overall great product

ewhitey718,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have discovered that I can hide my LaunchBox with a Post-It Note. :D

I think some smell is to be expected, especially if you are using high grade herbs, and in a confined area.

Vicki,

steiner666

Serial vapist
happydays said:
Either get a good battery charger(one that can do a break-in cycle) or plan on replacing your batteries often.
The batteries I got with my MF tested at 1940 mah and 1470 mah out of the box. they refreshed close to 2000.
They blow away the eneloops. I'm going to recoat the eneloops and put them in my walkman,
Are these the same batteries you're talking about, and hows the price look? http://tinyurl.com/yczc9v8

Which charger do you use? Can you recommend a good yet reasonably priced one to pair with these batteries (preferably one thats also on amazon, but not too big of a deal if it isnt)? Also, If i were to just get the batteries now, would they charge OK in the Sanyo charger that came with my LB until i can spare the $ for a expensive charger, or would that ruin them and defeat the purpose?

Thanks

*edit*

http://www.energy.sanyo.com.sg/NC-MQRO1-UEX-SS.asp <~ this is the charger that came with my LB, except its white of course. I know there have been different models MF has shipped out, and I think this is the most recent version.

steiner666,

chloe

steiner666 said:
happydays said:
Are these the same batteries you're talking about, and hows the price look? http://tinyurl.com/yczc9v8

Which charger do you use? Can you recommend a good yet reasonably priced one to pair with these batteries (preferably one thats also on amazon, but not too big of a deal if it isnt)? Also, If i were to just get the batteries now, would they charge OK in the Sanyo charger that came with my LB until i can spare the $ for a expensive charger, or would that ruin them and defeat the purpose?

Thanks
Those are the batteries I got, and wow, there was a dramatic performance increase. But that could be attributed to the previous batteries being used up. I'm still going strong with those batteries (don't remember when I picked them up anymore)

I use this charger which I love and would absolutely recommend:
http://www.amazon.com/Maha-Powerex-MH-C9000-WizardOne-Charger-Analyzer/dp/B000NLUSLM

Have fun!

chloe,

420xtoomanyx420

The LB has changed my life. I used to fight, literally, over Marijuana with my wife everyday. We have both been arrested for domestic violence fighting over pot. The LB is so covert it has brought peace into my house and has given me the opportunity to enjoy my herbs in the safety of my house. I have never been arrested for weed. I used to smoke in my car! The LB has also saved my health!

420xtoomanyx420,

steiner666

Serial vapist
chloe said:
Those are the batteries I got, and wow, there was a dramatic performance increase. But that could be attributed to the previous batteries being used up. I'm still going strong with those batteries (don't remember when I picked them up anymore)

I use this charger which I love and would absolutely recommend:
http://www.amazon.com/Maha-Powerex-MH-C9000-WizardOne-Charger-Analyzer/dp/B000NLUSLM

Have fun!
Thanks, i was actually looking at http://tinyurl.com/y8k7ew9 right after my last post, which is a bundle of the charger you linked and 4 of the batteries for $62+$8 shipping. If anyone knows of a place with better price than that, let me know in the next few days please :lol:

steiner666,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Steiner, thomas distributing (thomasdistributing.com) was selling the maha c9000 for 45 bucks IIRC a few days ago. I was ogling it :D I think they have a big discount running right now (ending march 31st)

yep:

charger plus 2700 batts @ 61 bucks plus shipping:

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

charger only at 49:

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

also, use gcne561 coupon code in your cart for 5% off :)

--

edit: just saw your amazon link, that's a pretty good deal right there too

obelisk,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Made something today which may/may not be of interest.

Thought I would share anyway.

Constructed a proof-of-concept minimalist vaporizer based on the LB, and the simpler LT.

Took a copper coated steel pipe hook, ~3.5 mm, and "gold" plated screen from a coffee strainer, and a small rectangular piece of wood to a friend with a spot welder.

After spot welding a small square of the screen on the metal hook, mounting the two ends of the metal rod on the two halves of the cut wood, the U portion of the hook was sawed off.

With a bush crafted metal battery holder on one shortened rod/rail, and a nakked charged battery, I was good to go.

When I got home, I put a bit of "kind" on the indented "bowl" of the screen.

Locked, and loaded a battery.

Completed the cxt by twisting the positive end of the battery to the other rail.

&, & walla!

Wisps of smoke, vapor, started curling up from the screen......

Proof of concept! OMG.

With smaller and shorter rails, circular pieces of wood, and a glass tube, small refinements, even a cave man like myself can be a minimalist vaporist! :ko:

PS Looks like I will have to come up with a solar vaporizer, seeing that batteries, and battery chargers are non-sequiters in the cave environment. Ah, well.

The

stark1,

Deevoh

Hey guys, I've been reading this thread for about a month or so and decided to get a LB. After about three weeks of having it and using it daily, I can say this unit's definitely worth it. I'm in the middle of Canada and used it outside on a few cold days.. still worked perfectly and that warm vapor tasted so good. It's also been used in a group of four people (all daily tokers), in which two trenches (mixed with some kief) got us all feeling quite good. In terms of efficiency, the LB is awesome.

I use the box without a stem as I find the vapor is much tastier that way. I always use a freshly charged battery (the Eneloops that came with it) and found that it works best for two fully packed trenches. I also grind my herb as well, Each trench will last about ten to fifteen hits. With kief though, it lasts a few extra hits longer. The battery is very snug when I stick it in, but I like that as it doesn't fall out or anything. Even though I find there's no need, I let it heat up for two seconds before taking a hit. My method for inhaling is very slow, and I don't press my lips fully around the box so I mix a little air in, but not much. I take a ten second or so draw, then pulls the battery out some, inhale a little after and keep the hit held in. After every draw, I always shake and tap the material.. and have never had combustion problems or an uneven vape burn. My ABV ranges from a yellowish-brown to a darker-brown colour, very similar to my desktop vape's ABV.

It's also good to see Magic Flight themselves posting on the forum and taking in user critique and comments. That combined with their lifetime warranty and extremely good customer service, make them a very respectable and reputable company. I've been telling everyone I know about the LB and everyone that's used mine has been asking about them.

Deevoh,

420xtoomanyx420

I used to SMOKE a 1/4 lb in a month. I have not smoked in the last 30 days and I went through an OZ in 6 weeks with the MFLB! Fuck yeah! And I stay high 24/7!!!!!!!!!!

420xtoomanyx420,

B.

War Criminal
toomany-Wait til you try some of the heavier hitters...

Gang, I have yet another amazing tale of magic flight's stellar customer service. Last night I emailed them to see how I could go about purchasing a new lid to my box because the old lid had cracked and I'm currently keeping it in place with a rubber band, which is no way for a dignified LB to go thru life. Rather than quote me a price on a lid, or even offer to send a complimentary replacement lid, they're sending me a brand new replacement box. Amazing. So above and beyond what I expected.

So, here's how I'm going to do right by magic flight for being so kick ass: I have many friends who haven't made the switch to vaping, or if they have, haven't had an extended experience with the LB, they just get to use mine when we puff together. So, I'll be loaning out my current battle scarred box to my fellow enthusiasts once my shiny new one arrives. I'll let them use it for a week or two, get them lovin it, then when they have to give it back to me they'll have to get their own box, as they'll be so in love with the box they will have no choice.

Rock on magic flight :rockon:

and thank you.

B.,

paultheghost

I just want to say:

I love my launch box, or as I refer to it, the box.
I will probably have this the rest of my life (if it lasts that long with new batteries) and I will use it nearly every day.
This is an amazing product and is easily the best "cannabis absorption device" I have ever purchased, and I have owned tubes by toro, sg, and mgw.
I must say, I almost exclusively vape when it comes to the herb. I smoke joints here and there if I'm with a friend or two, and I take hash rips from time to time when melt comes into my possession, but I only have a dry pipe because it's not only the first piece of glass I bought, but my first heady piece.
So I guess my point is that I want to thank FC, and most notably, the people in the MF:LB thread that helped me truly realize the greatness of the herb that I hold in such high regard.
I vape almost every day to get that perfect amount of stoned that medicates me but does not impair me in any way, whether it's in the mid day, afternoon, evening, or night.
Thank you FC for making my life that much more in order, which is everything I can strive for, and thank you Magic Flight for making such a great product for my needs.

-Wes

paultheghost,

wtfd03

paultheghost said:
I just want to say:

I love my launch box, or as I refer to it, the box.
I will probably have this the rest of my life (if it lasts that long with new batteries) and I will use it nearly every day.
This is an amazing product and is easily the best "cannabis absorption device" I have ever purchased, and I have owned tubes by toro, sg, and mgw.
I must say, I almost exclusively vape when it comes to the herb. I smoke joints here and there if I'm with a friend or two, and I take hash rips from time to time when melt comes into my possession, but I only have a dry pipe because it's not only the first piece of glass I bought, but my first heady piece.
So I guess my point is that I want to thank FC, and most notably, the people in the MF:LB thread that helped me truly realize the greatness of the herb that I hold in such high regard.
I vape almost every day to get that perfect amount of stoned that medicates me but does not impair me in any way, whether it's in the mid day, afternoon, evening, or night.
Thank you FC for making my life that much more in order, which is everything I can strive for, and thank you Magic Flight for making such a great product for my needs.

-Wes
Yep, exactly how I feel. I vape everyday to get that nice feeling then go and continue my life. It doesn't stop me from doing anything I normally do (yes you can say I love the herb). I hate how some people view anybody that smokes (and vape) the herb as lazy and stupid. Hopefully things will be different in the coming years. Yay for 1st step to a proper health care system. :) Toke on guys!

wtfd03,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Got to agree with you here. FC has totally given me the tools to make the switch to vaping and the forum members have been great about sharing their experiences.

I must say the longer I have the LB, the more I like it. There's a definite learning period but I will say that this kind of learning has been fun! While I still wouldn't want this to be my main vape, I love the portability of it, how stealth it is and yes, the warranty is unsurpassed. All in all, I consider the LB a must have for the vapor enthusiast.

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
momofthegoons said:
I must say the longer I have the LB, the more I like it. There's a definite learning period but I will say that this kind of learning has been fun! While I still wouldn't want this to be my main vape, I love the portability of it, how stealth it is and yes, the warranty is unsurpassed. All in all, I consider the LB a must have for the vapor enthusiast.
I bet MF would love to have your 'mini review' on his site, mom. (maybe leave out the 'main vape' part ;) )

max,
Top Bottom