MauiSon

OC513 said:
Ok I just got my box and I am super excited.......so I need to know how do you know when the batts are fully charged. I put them on the charger and the light is red.....will it change to green when fully charged? Or go out? Will I have any signal at all that the batts are charged? I wanna use it already!!!!!
My red lights (top and bottom) never go out, but maybe my batteries never make it to full charge. Note: I have the GN-N101 charger.

MauiSon,

vaporFTW

To anyone who's debating getting a LB: Get one.

The MFLB has me lookin like this :). I am a very satisfied customer. I had my doubts, but the LB works fantastic, it's really easy to use, and its realllllly efficient. I ground up as much bud as I'd normally pack in a bongload (.1ish), I've packed 2 trenches about half way, and have a trenchful left. I've taken about 10-12 hits off each trench. Im ripped. This thing is really really efficient. I can see it paying for itself in no time. I'm excited for the 3rd trench. Oh yeah, I'm still using my first battery too.

Thanks alot Magic Flight, this thing is awesome. I'm tellin my brother to get one.

vaporFTW,

OC513

Dabaholic
MauiSon said:
OC513 said:
Ok I just got my box and I am super excited.......so I need to know how do you know when the batts are fully charged. I put them on the charger and the light is red.....will it change to green when fully charged? Or go out? Will I have any signal at all that the batts are charged? I wanna use it already!!!!!
My red lights (top and bottom) never go out, but maybe my batteries never make it to full charge. Note: I have the GN-N101 charger.
thanks much.......after leaving my set of batts on the charger for about 2 hours the light went out, so I assumed(I hope correctly) that they were fully charged. So I packed my first trench and got 4 hits that felt huge going down but not much vapor on the exhale......I wasnt sure what was going on, meds looked brown and spent like normal ABV.....I sat and thought about it for a few minutes and then my mouth got dry, so I get up to get some water and WOW! Hit me like a ton of bricks......just an AWESOME head. This thing must be so efficient because I put about a 1/4 of what I put in my DBV wand and I was FLYING. So a few hours later I packed a new trench and said lets see what happens after 2 hits.....BAM......again I was UP THERE.....off 2 hits......amazing. Been a meds user for over 25 years and while I was very impressed when I moved from my beloved Roor to a home vaporizer unit this is the most impressed with a device for intake I have ever seen. I couldnt be happier with it.

OC513,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I think every medical user should have one of these. :D

Oh hell, everyone should have one! :lol:

Vicki,

steiner666

Serial vapist
MauiSon said:
Yeah the older charger models' lights didn't go out when they were done charging. The new ones (back of mine says Sanyo and NC-MDR02NU for model#) do though.

Anyways, i just got around to vaping some kief (actually it was a mix of kief and powdered bud that had collected around the edges/teeth of my 2-piece grinder and little pieces of wandhash - which was very dry this time so i felt it to be safe) in my LB. Let me try to tell my experience of vaping it through the LB using only smiley faces:

:|.. :brow::lol:. :o, :D.

steiner666,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
ewhitey718 said:
hey, im debating buying a magic box and i was wondering whats the package look like that they send it in. i am at college so if it says vaporizer all over the box that might not go over well at the mail room. lol thanks for the help. i really appreciate it
Look back a few pages in this thread, I remember someone posting pics of the box as it arrived.

DeepFried,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ewhitey718 said:
hey, im debating buying a magic box and i was wondering whats the package look like that they send it in. i am at college so if it says vaporizer all over the box that might not go over well at the mail room. lol thanks for the help. i really appreciate it
You don't need to worry about a thing. If ordered from vapeworld.com, you not only get a 12% discount (use code FC2010), it arrives in a standard shipping envelope in 2 - 3 days. With the discount, you can order two extra batteries and still be under $100. And the batteries come charged, so you are good to go on delivery.

I loved my LB so much that I convinced a friend to buy one too. It's an efficient and easy vape to use, as well as portable. Did I mention I love it?

Hmmm....it's got to be 4:20 somewhere...... :D

momofthegoons,

Memento

Hey I was wondering if this was out of the ordinary at all or I'm blowing it out of proportion.

I've been using my roommate's LB for the past few weeks and I recently ordered my own and got it in 2 days ago. Immediately, I noticed a few key differences between the 2 of ours. For one, the battery is significantly more snug when pushed into mine. And it seems like mine runs at a noticeably higher heat. Another friend of mine also ordered one about a week before I did, and his is exactly like mine. So to clear things up here's a summary of when we ordered
Roommate - 3 weeks ago, loose battery fit, less harsh
Friend - 2 weeks ago, very snug battery, harsher, thicker hits
Mine - 1 week ago, very snug battery, harsher, thicker hits

I came to this conclusion based on a few things. It seems like the hits are a bit more harsh from mine (now in general the hits are not harsh at all, but in comparison to my roommate's mine come off a lot hotter and I'm coughing more often) and the color of the material when it's finished. My roommate's will slowly turn it to a light brown fairly evenly with good shaking. Mine gets it mostly to a darker brown, however a lot of it will also be black. I always shake it up after every hit, and usually after the first one there will be a small clump that is stuck to the bottom of the trench that requires very vigorous shaking to knock off.

The thickness of the hits varies pretty heavily between the two also. My roommate's can draw some nice vapor clouds with a solid 15-20 second inhale. But mine will give you a pretty thick hit somewhere in the range of 5-8 seconds, and when exhaled it is very thick and in a way looks/behaves more like smoke in the air. But, I've had upwards of 5+ friends be in the room with me while I use it and none of them have said the smell was any different than when I was using my roommate's.

So, do you guys think this is just a small, negligible difference in calibration, or is mine actually running a bit too hot?

Memento,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Memento said:
So, do you guys think this is just a small, negligible difference in calibration, or is mine actually running a bit too hot?
Interesting. I got my LB about a month ago... actually EXACTLY a month ago now that i look at the date. It definitely doesnt get too hot and has never put out anything black. I have to grind the bud into powder and hit it about as slow as i can and take long hits - sounds like what your friends has. Maybe post some pics of your ABV so we can have a look?

Maybe there was a slight change in the product within the past month or so that results in higher temps? If so, i'm prepared to kick myself very hard for not waiting and getting one that runs hotter, I'd much rather be able to take quick hits than 15-20second ones (because its hard for me to not breath that long - out of shape i know - and it makes it harder to use publicly without getting noticed)

I would say just crank on it as hard as you can and/or dont wait as long after inserting battery b4 starting hit. Maybe load smaller trenches, i've found (in my DBV and LB both) that smaller bowls are easier to vape more evenly. Also, of course, make sure you're grinding it up fine enough. If you're not grinding it up fine enough you'll be heavily vaping the edges of the chunks of bud but not so much the middle of them. I just tried vaping kief in my LB and it worked great and didnt suck through at all, so dont worry about getting it TOO fine. The only issue i've had with grinding my herb so fine is that it likes to stick to the acrylic cover after its been shook around a bit, which can make it hard to see the bowl, but not a big deal.

Also, my batteries fit pretty damn tight when mine first showed up, but they're a bit looser now (one more than the other it seems.. or it might just be that its a weaker battery and thats why it doesn light it up as bright). I think maybe the copper wire that circles the middle of the battery just bends or wears a little bit after so much usage - another reason i'd kinda like a toggle, so the battery doesnt have to be inserted and pulled so many times per bowl.

steiner666,

Memento

I'll work on getting a pic up later today, that oughta help determine it. I feel like I'm not quite combusting because I recall when my roommate first got his we weren't doing it right initially and ended up with a little bit of legit ash in the trench. Mine is simply blackened, there is no decrease in mass or anything that would lead me to assume that it was fully burnt. There's a pretty even distribution towards the dark brown color and some fully blackened. Some of it leads me to believe that perhaps more is getting stuck to the screen and my shaking isn't moving it around enough, resulting in it not moving and eventually getting burnt against the screen.

A quick run through of my process might explain it too. I usually break up with my hand till it is pretty fine and fill up the trench a little over halfway. I'll insert the battery, wait about 3 seconds, and draw in very slowly pretty much as long as I can. I always take the battery out after each hit and shake the material around.

Memento,

ynwa

Hi all, im just new here, found the forum when looking for info on this little device. i think i am going to buy this, everyone seems happy with theirs. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

I was going to buy one from ebay, from someone who says they are an authorised distributor. Is there any way to tell i am getting the latest version? Or, is there a better recommended UK seller?

I am inexperienced in vaping, only used a valocano one time. I have quit smoking, about 8 months ago, but am missing my weed and smoking pure is a bit rough. Is this vape smooth on the throat and easy on the chest?

Lastly, i am going to Amsterdam in a few weeks, and would like to take this little device with me. Is it totally cleanable, and safe to put in hand luggage on a plane?

Many Thanks!

ynwa,

darth_vapor

Just sawed my acrylic stem into a medium and a short- worked great. Sanded down the new ends so they are tapered a little like the factory ends. Pretty pleased!

darth_vapor,

max

Out to lunch
ynwa said:
Is there any way to tell i am getting the latest version?
Yeah, the new version has the indicator light.

is there a better recommended UK seller?
You could email Magic Flight. Since this vape has the best warranty you could ask for, I wouldn't worry about a dealer being authorized. Your options in the UK are going to be limited.

Is this vape smooth on the throat and easy on the chest?
I'd say it's easy on the throat, but since there's no temp control, it can kick your chest like a mule when it gets hot. High temp vapor is thick and harsh, and if avoiding the hotter, harsh vapor is a priority for you, you'll have to be careful with this one, and really watch your battery connection time. If you never want to worry about high temp vapor with a portable, the iolite would be a better choice.

Is it totally cleanable
No. The screen is built in, and once used, it's hard to completely clean all the residue out. If the authorities get it and test it, it'll surely test positive.

safe to put in hand luggage on a plane?
You got me. As with any vape, I guess it comes down to being able to provide an explanation of what it is.

max,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
max - "I'd say it's easy on the throat, but since there's no temp control, it can kick your chest like a mule when it gets hot. High temp vapor is thick and harsh, and if avoiding the hotter, harsh vapor is a priority for you, you'll have to be careful with this one, and really watch your battery connection time. If you never want to worry about high temp vapor with a portable, the iolite would be a better choice."
I agree that the magic flight can get really hot due to the possibility of user error, but feel that it can be kept cooler than the iolite tends to run in general if used appropriately (airflow, shaking and battery connection time seem to be the major factors).

Progress,

chloe

ynwa said:
Is this vape smooth on the throat and easy on the chest?
From my experience, even though there is no temp. control via battery (although I do recall MF stating that the power module may be able to control temp), once you get the hang of it, you can control how thick the vapor is and how cool it is...for instance, if you want cool vapor, just use the hose..feels like your just sucking in air....or alternatively draw faster...there are many ways to control these variables..such as even while drawing, say after the first 10secs, give it a quick shake so you expose fresh herb to the heating element and continue to draw so it doesn't combust...you can leave the battery in longer before drawing to create thicker clouds or draw within a few secs so it doesn't get too hot...

but personally, i can only compare this to a few other vaporizers (VW and buddha)..and this LB is my fav....

Last edited by a moderator:
chloe,
max said:
safe to put in hand luggage on a plane?
You got me. As with any vape, I guess it comes down to being able to provide an explanation of what it is.
You COULD try claiming it is a wooden flute but you had BETTER be able to play something on it.:lol:

Seriously, unless you have a device that is 100% cleanable with ISO (which the LB is not) you should not gamble your actual freedom on it.

Howie Feltersnatch,

DrMephisto

Yeah, personally, I wouldn't gamble it. You probably could get away with a good cleaning, and throw it in a turkey bag and in your checked, but I'm pretty positive the TSA would flag something that looked like the LB on carry-on baggage. (X-ray vision, ya know :p)

And when I flew back from Amsterdam, there was a few feds with drug dogs making the recently deplaned walk single file past...not worth it, imho.
-w-

DrMephisto,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"Lastly, i am going to Amsterdam in a few weeks, and would like to take this little device with me. Is it totally cleanable, and safe to put in hand luggage on a plane?"

Why chance it. Amsterdam has more than enough toys (heh), buy an inexpensive one to use while there, vapealot, and leave it when you board your flight.

When you get home, your baby will be waiting. And most importantly, you will be home. Free.

My :2c: :)

stark1,

ynwa

Yeah definately not going to risk it then. Probably a bad idea to put suspicion on yourself and not even worth the hassle of all the questions. Ill maybe try to find somewhere selling cheap ones over there, preferably before i go. Now i need to decide whether ot get the MFLB or Iolite. Looking for whatever is going to be easier on my chest really.

Thanks for all the replies guys, very helpful.

ynwa,

louthehead

ynwa said:
Hi all, im just new here, found the forum when looking for info on this little device. i think i am going to buy this, everyone seems happy with theirs. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

I was going to buy one from ebay, from someone who says they are an authorised distributor. Is there any way to tell i am getting the latest version? Or, is there a better recommended UK seller?

I am inexperienced in vaping, only used a valocano one time. I have quit smoking, about 8 months ago, but am missing my weed and smoking pure is a bit rough. Is this vape smooth on the throat and easy on the chest?

Lastly, i am going to Amsterdam in a few weeks, and would like to take this little device with me. Is it totally cleanable, and safe to put in hand luggage on a plane?

Many Thanks!
Hey dude, new poster/stalker, just noticed your message. I purchased my MFLB from vapefiend.com this is a UK distributor, good price too.

Hey guys just wondering, I recently ordered my MFLB and am awaiting it in the post, just wondering if there is anything specific I should do with mine when it arrive to ensure I get maximum quality and effect from the get go and don't make any stupid or common mistakes when first handling the MFLB. Cheers!

louthehead,

ceitus

After alot of research on the big iolite vs launchbox question, i finally decided to go with the launchbox as my first vaping experience. But before ordering, these last questions :rolleyes:

A while back in the thread I read that the unit doesn't come with a short stem anymore. Does anyone
know why ? Can you order these ?

Also, are there improved/different models, released by the company, around ? If so which one is the newest version ? The one with an Led attached ?

I'm very much looking forward to owning one !

Thanks, guys

ceitus,

axakal

for thoose european vapers,
i've also ordered my launchbox at vapefiend. it arrived to my place(in germany) in less than a week.

it's a great product and i am really enjoing it. just have one question regarding it so far. how long do you guys use your batteries? i vaped 4 bowls with an averrage of 6-8 hits per bowl using the 2 batteries the launchbox came with. accordingly to the users manual the batteries should be empty after that. but to my surprise the light of the charger lights green. which means, there is still some juice in them. now i'm confused and curious, how long do you guys can go with the two batteries combined. given the possibility to exchange them, when they get hot.
thanks

axakal,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A while back in the thread I read that the unit doesn't come with a short stem anymore. Does anyone
know why ? Can you order these ?

Also, are there improved/different models, released by the company, around ? If so which one is the newest version ? The one with an Led attached ?
It would appear that only the long stem is available now. There was some mention of a choking hazard, but I don't know if that is really the case. I wouldn't worry too much about the stem length. I sort of like being able to see the vapor coming at me. ;) You can also hit right off the box (native style) if you want a more direct hit. I also believe that all the models being shipped now are the current model with an Led.

how long do you guys use your batteries? i vaped 4 bowls with an averrage of 6-8 hits per bowl using the 2 batteries the launchbox came with.
How long the batteries last seems to vary. I would use them until they don't produce vapor anymore. That way you know they are ready to be recharged. I've noticed that you can't always go by whether or not the Led turns on, as you can still get vapor even if it doesn't. I've been able to use one battery for several trenches, as a rule, getting about 6 hits each (the trenches are full). Sometimes more.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom