nickzzzx

xenith said:
Just want to bump for my previous question regarding vaporizing hash?
It's been mentioned before but, hash concentrates like iso hash, bho, and variants are generally advised against because they will potentially ruin/discolor the screen and probably won't vaporize that well. kief is ok though, alone or mixed with bowls it rules.

nickzzzx,

leomarvin

i did something really stupid last night and dropped my lauchbox while on the toilet...i quickly grabbed it and instinctively rinsed it off with a 2 second splash of water...i then dried it off and ran a hair drier for minute or two...after a few tries i have not been able to produce the same amount of vapor...will it ever run the same?

leomarvin,

caseball2051

discuss the issue with MF, they have a lifetime warranty that sometimes covers user mistakes.

Its at their discretion though.

caseball2051,

darth_vapor

xenith said:
Just want to bump for my previous question regarding vaporizing hash?
Somewhere in this giant thread I read that vaporizing solids is not really all that possible with the MFLB. If you grind it up, it might work, but the screen may or may get gunked up...

darth_vapor,

darth_vapor

caseball2051 said:
i might also recheck throughout the thread, i thought keif was advised against.
I recall reading that, too. I got a 3pc spacecase scout grinder/stash for it, figured any keif that is naturally sticking to what is ground up will be OK, though I would avoid using pure keif from the bottom of a 4 pc grinder in the MFLB...

darth_vapor,

z1michaelj

OK. I am new to vaping (two months) but a 40 year toker. I have been lurking and I finally felt I had something to add.

Full Disclosure: Everything in my post has already been offered in one way or another on this forum at some time, or just watch the you-tube vids and such. I think I should start by saying that the distillation of my own experience combined with the generous assistance I have received from compassionate and conscious contributors to this forum has motivated me to do likewise. Without the anonymous assistance I have received from you good folks in this and other serious forums I would not be able to make the well informed choices I have made.

And, of course, a real big "thank you" to everyone responsible for making this forum possible. We are exceptionally blessed to live in such a wonderful country that allows us the freedom of speech and communication even with all its/our faults. We are getting there and the light is coming where darkness once was.

So,
I've had the MFLB for a few weeks now. As with each and every vaporizer there is a learning curve (some more than others). There are four main things that I noticed with the MFLB that I feel are important to share.

(1) The batteries (with charger) I received with my MFLB kit seemed to get "conditioned" after repeated usage and recharging so that they seemed to be a bit stronger as time has gone on (from initial arrival, that is). This fully conditioned power state for the batteries has a positive effect for the user in that there is slightly less wait time to heat up to vape temps. What does it all mean? A finer discernment is possible by the user because expectation of vaporization and reality of actual vapor find a somewhat closer match with REALLY good batteries. (Keep using the batteries, they seem to only get better.)

(2) It is real important that you don't let the MFLB go to combustion. Now you might think, "f" that because "f" combustion. But think again, because the fact that you can actually achieve combustion temperatures means that you will be able to carefully and slowly and smoothly pull some serious "actives" (thc/canibidiols) that are post-sweet-thing-heady-taste-ooh-la-la. Mind you I like the "ooh-la-la-heady-taste-thing" as much as anyone, but what I have discovered is this--to get the most complete high from vaporizing in any form you need to get all the actives, sweet, swell and yes, sometimes a bit earthy/dirty (like the smell of freshly harvested Idaho potatoes, or the smell of telicherry peppercorns freshly picked) The thing is that you need the whole panoply of thc and canabidiol available to get a truly complete vape high. To get that complete high with MFLB it is....

(3) incredibly important to get the grind/cut/pack just right for MANY MULTIPLE MILKY HITS. What I discovered was this: Using a Krupps coffee grinder (cheap version probably everybody already has one at 19 bucks) grind your herb to a fine consistency. If the finely ground herb "balls up" just break it up into fine grains. Then drop a trench full in the MFLB but don't pack, just tap gently and go with it even if it isn't totally pristine (there may be a few tiny particles at the corners of the upper edges of the MFLB but no worries.

SLAP IN THE BATTERY AND MOUTHPIECE, TAKE A LONG SLOW HIT AND THEN....

(4) Absolutely Critical for Multiple Milky Hits: Immediately after completing a full draw on the MFLB, shake, tap, and shake again to ensure that none of the previous load/hit sticks to the screen. If you are careful and conscientious, you will never have to use the brush to loosen slightly browned material because if you
shake/tap/shake right away the herbal matter doesn't sit there and fry like an egg in a pan on a stovetop.

(5) and may your batteries be fresh and may your electrical contact be strong and sure!

HAVE ANOTHER HIT, and don't forget to shake-tap-shake immediately after each next hit.

I have come to the conclusion that if your intentions are true, you can find your way to vapor bliss with just about any available product.

No mater how true the intention of your heart, the MFLB is one sweet, complete, small, stealthy, milky, friendly, affordable, and recommendable vapor unit. You get the picture.

I use the following : VRIPTECH VHW/VWTPerk (UNBELIEVABLE water and ice cooled full spectrum aromatic pulls at home) / Magic Flight (magically stealthy, delivering a surprisingly complete high ANYWHERE)/

z1michaelj,

steiner666

Serial vapist
@ z1michaelj: Hi, thanks for the contribution and welcome to the forums! Wow, 2 months of vaping and you already have more vapes than me, lol, gj. thankfully we, as vapists (lol), can spend the money we save by consuming less herb on our cool new toys (as my g/f likes to refer to them) and amass a nice collection.

@ xenith: I wouldn't recommend it. The screen on the LB is really fine and not really something that can be easily swapped out or cleaned underneath. If you vape hash and it gets hot and gooey it will probably go a long way in clogging the screen and creating a build up underneath it. I've been vaping just herb through mine for the month i've owned it, and it still looks nice, but I'll bet one or two sessions of vaping hash would be about equal to the amount of build up a year+ of pure herb usage i'm guessing. It really depends your hashes consistency and how it acts when heated. Some hash is drier than others, but i think they all goo up pretty good to some degree when heated up to usage temp.

It really comes down to whether or not MF will send you a replacement LB when you inevitably send them your hash-clogged one. i'd just use grounded bud in this and get a desktop vape with a changeable screen for das hash.

steiner666,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Update. I for one have had my LB for a few days, & strangely enuff, I think I am gettin "trench" (total stealth, no stem) mouth. Koff. Koff. :brow:

TQ, M-F!

Heh. & Munchies!

My golden retreiver, and cat, keep staring at me......

stark1,

z1michaelj

To Steiner666: Thanks for the heidy-ho!! It is good to be here.

To Stark1: I would have loved to see that look your dog and cat gave you!

One other thing, a good vaporization tool is like a good traditional pipe in this way: If made well it should last a lifetime with proper maintenance, and if used lovingly it will be a pleasure and a comfort to the one by whom it is treasured.

z1michaelj (Mike)

z1michaelj,

synaesthetique

Didjeridoo Master
steiner666 said:
vapists (lol)
AAAH I'M GONNA VAPE YOU!!! :o I'M A VAPIST :rofl:

Regarding the point of gunking up your LB screens, magicflight gave a bit of advice on here awhile back regarding periodic maintenance to prevent build up. Run your LB while empty for a little while until no more 'phantom vapor' is produced. It won't clean the inside of the wooden chamber but I've noticed it does keep the screens fresh. Some slight discoloration of the screens is normal.

I like z1michaelj's advice of turn->tap immediately. I havn't been doing that and often need to use the brush to clean out the brown bits so I'll give that a try. Pretty simple idea really - one of those simple ideas that needs someone clever to discover it :D

Had my LB for a few weeks now and still going strong. I noticed my break-in period progressing and my unit has tamed on the temperature side a bit. Contemplating getting a maha charger that will recondition my bat rays for peak precision performance....:ninja:

synaesthetique,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I presently own da buddha but i am looking for a nice portable vaporizer for outdoor, the MF LB looks to be efficient and budget friendly.

I am vaporizing hashish, hand pressed sticky hash. Is this unit going to be suitable for use with hashish ?

This is what i plan to vape .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charas

Has anyone tried it ?

audiodelic,

synaesthetique

Didjeridoo Master
Charas looks like its the equivalent to what we would call full-melt hash here. Under vaporizing temperatures it will become gooey and since the MFLB has very delicate non-replaceable screens it will be difficult if not impossible to completely clean out. If the screens get a bunch of goo stuck in them then any future sessions with normal herbs will not work the same since airflow will be severely limited and it will cause a difficult situation in general. I say this as a LB owner, even though I have not tried it, I would never dare attempt it and risk ruining my beautiful little wooden magic box. You might have better results with 'compressed' hash, sometimes called blonde hash, that is basically just kif squished together. The MFLB needs as much surface area as possible to reach the right temperatures so if you crumble some of this hash so its basically reverted back to kif then thats fine, but might as well just start with loose kif if that's the case and save the trouble of breaking up the compress. Bottom line: the material needs to stay dry at hot temperatures - if it goes gooey or melty then its a no-go in the MFLB.

Not to get too off topic here, but I've had good experience with full melt and honey oil in my VaporGenie, that's pretty much all I use it for now actually. You need a slightly higher temperature to vape hash and the VG does run a bit hot which makes it easy to combust normal herb bowls which is why I stopped using it for that. There's also another vape, I forget its name, that looks like a small glass vial under a handle bar grip thing that looks like it would be perfect for full melt and bho. Look around elsewhere on the forums for better info - this is definitely not the right thread for what you're looking for.

synaesthetique,

elongated squid jim

Thanks for the great product, Magic Flight.

One quick inquiry: why is my charger's light going off after a while? The instructions stated the light continued to be on even if the batteries were fully charged. It seems to go off randomly.

elongated squid jim,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
elongated squid jim said:
Thanks for the great product, Magic Flight.

One quick inquiry: why is my charger's light going off after a while? The instructions stated the light continued to be on even if the batteries were fully charged. It seems to go off randomly.
Hi,

It seems that you have found something that needs to be updated on the directions. When we upgraded the chargers, the new version does actually turn the light off when the microprocessor in the charger thinks that the battery is fully charged. The earlier charger would leave the light on. We will be updating the directions page this week -- thanks!

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
leomarvin said:
...i dried (my totally soaked Box) off and ran a hair drier for minute or two...after a few tries i have not been able to produce the same amount of vapor...will it ever run the same?
Hi,

You will need to let the wood of the Box dry completely out -- leave it open on a windowsill in bright sunlight for a day or so and then try it again. At that point, it will most likely be back to normal. Let us know.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

duh

synaesthetique said:
Not to get too off topic here, but I've had good experience with full melt and honey oil in my ...
Yea, too off topic, you should have stopped there. I have a VG too but it sits for a rainy day as fossil fuels suck and so do "torches". It's 2010 now.

Good thing we have the ultimate electric portable vaporizer, our little marvel, Magic Flight's Launch Box!

I don't like to share mine (LB) - I bring the VG out to parties and only show the LB to a select few. Prized possession. My signature is in order of my love, value & respect for these hand made units.

duh,

vapercussion

I tried it with Hash, it tasted amazing in the MFLB, but it did melt to the screen a bit, and I gave up trying to clean it off. It's just a few spots, but this is not the vape for Hash. It tasted so good, however, that I snuck some back in on top of herb and took it out before it touched the bottom!

vapercussion,

vapercussion

I wish the MFLB had a slightly larger diameter mouthpiece. This one is like an oboe reed; you have to keep your lips really tight around it. I wish it were just a little more "open"

vapercussion,

steiner666

Serial vapist
duh said:
...I don't like to share mine (LB) - I bring the VG out to parties and only show the LB to a select few. Prized possession. My signature is in order of my love, value & respect for these hand made units.
yeah i dont let anyone who i wouldn't want to make out with hit my LB unless i brought a long stem, but i stopped carrying that around with me so sorry about their luck, they better get their own, lol.

magicflight said:
It seems that you have found something that needs to be updated on the directions. When we upgraded the chargers, the new version does actually turn the light off when the microprocessor in the charger thinks that the battery is fully charged. The earlier charger would leave the light on. We will be updating the directions page this week -- thanks!

-- Magic-Flight
Heh, i was actually going to ask about this b4 but kept forgetting. I noticed the light would go out too, I assumed that there was a product update since those directions were printed. i love being right. lol

I have noticed that one of my batteries kinda sucks compared to the other. I charged them both yesterday until the light went out and then I was vaping a bowl and the one battery would light the LED up kinda dim and give weak hits, but the other one worked much better. I lose track of which battery i was using and don't deplete them evenly i'm sure, but they were both fresh off the charger in this case. I loaded them into my digital camera today and took a bunch of pictures and videos to drain them and i have them both charging now. I'll have to do some more testing here as soon as they're done :brow:

steiner666,

5446ThatsMyNumber

A couple posts back, some people were complaining about how the LB kit doesn't come with a stealthier short stem. I just got my LB in the mail from Vapeworld (its amazing btw!) and found the same thing. I emailed them, and they replied back and said that the short stem isn't manufactured anymore because its a choking hazard :(

5446ThatsMyNumber,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"Form follows function" We have efficent function, will M-F now work on form.

As is, the battery being perpendicular to the body of the vaporizer makes the form factor larger than necessary. And attracts undue attention to the unit, and to the vaporist.

Streamlining the design by making the battery an integral (internal) part of the unit, ergonomiclly the design might be shaped like an oval. It would fit flawlessly in one's hand. And feel good.

Made from various native hardwoods, and exotics, it would indeed be a artful marriage of form, and function.

Evolution of Launch Tube => Launch Box => Launch "Rocket".....

I'd buy one.

stark1,

5446ThatsMyNumber

Streamlining the design by making the battery an integral (internal) part of the unit, ergonomiclly the design might be shaped like an oval. It would fit flawlessly in one's hand. And feel good.
Genius!!

Had a quick question. I got to use my LB for the first time yesterday and made a stupid mistake. I put one of the batteries into the tin case and it hit one of the magnetic corners. I started to see sparks, I'm guessing that the battery discharged?

Do you think I screwed up the battery?

5446ThatsMyNumber,
Top Bottom