HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
5446ThatsMyNumber said:
Do you think I screwed up the battery?
Toss that shit back into the charger and see. If you screwed it up, it should become apparent. Probably not though but I would avoid letting it happen again.

HighSti,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"I put one of the batteries into the tin case and it hit one of the magnetic corners."

Ummm, that's why we got a plastic container with the MB. :(

AAR, putting on the rubber caps (on the positive end) of your nakked batteries should prevent (future) shorts. And kNAKKerED batteries. :o

May you have (many, many) tokes over the line with your Magic box, Bro! :peace:

stark1,

duh

5446ThatsMyNumber said:
Streamlining the design by making the battery an integral (internal) part of the unit, ergonomiclly the design might be shaped like an oval. It would fit flawlessly in one's hand. And feel good.
Genius!!
Hmm.... This MUST be a good idea. I'm CERTAIN that it's possible. :brow:

I'm also just as certain that it would add a lot of labor to the unit so mass production is out of the question.

A :cool: idea, tho! :p

duh,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
I get to start using my LB again on friday after weeks of not being able to use it. So excited! :D

Really off topic question but I have no idea where else to ask.
-Where did you guys get the picture of a LB for your signature? or the PD/MZ pictures.. etc? I remember seeing a list of them somewhere, now the only problem is that I must have been really vaked if I cant remember.. :ko:

HighSti,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I think that the problem with a 'streamlined' Launch Box, perhaps an oval shape where one inserts the battery into the LB and the battery is hidden is that the battery still must be inserted and removed. Both visible actions (but in my opinion still negligible).

Okay, so you design a LB which has got an internalized rechargeable battery, and hence permanently smaller and more discreet. Now, if this hit the same as the current model and *if* it had good battery life, I'd buy it. But what is good battery life? I dunno, but I'm used to plugging in my laptop, camera, cell phones, e-reader, iPod, GPS, PMP and other devices every night. Take it from there.

Or, you deisgn a new LB where you can insert a standard rechargeable all the way inside, leave it there, and 'toggle' or 'switch' the LB on and off (effectively emulating inserting and removing the battery).

But, even though I think the LB is small enough, it couldn't hurt to have a smaller unit.

Tom

tdavie,

synaesthetique

Didjeridoo Master
You know you've got a good product on your hands when the fanbois are already contemplating the features of next model. WATCH OUT APPLE!! :brow:

synaesthetique,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes, you are good with a momentary switch (made of the same metal wire, if one were not to compromise the cxt path), a small rounded external metal rod, or such, which would toggle on when touched.

Ergonomics here again would shape the momentary "switch" so that form and function would have a perfect marriage to produce a product which is pleasing. And very stoned.

Eye Candy. :/

Rantings of a (Happy) vapped LB enthust.

stark1,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
If you want a streamlined case than you will need some type of push button to activate heater
my :2c:

p.s I like it just the way it is

jackstraw62,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I smoke crystals in my lb all the time mix it with ground up weed take hit shake it take hit shake it Ad nauseam ad infinitum :2c:

jackstraw62,

duh

jackstraw62 is my new hero.

The box shape has it's own internal strength, pun intended.

Of course, I would also use an eyeglass and sunlight if it meant that was the only way to get there...

duh,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Eyeglass? DYM "magnifying glass"?

A parabolic solar vaporizer w/ ceramic heater, & we are good to go! :cool:

:ninja:

stark1,

caseball2051

if your looking for a more streamlined version, a on/off button would be great. yo ucould keep the battery in. if the batteries need to be peeled for contact to occur to make the cicruit complete, a button would be a simple addition. just used it as a mechanical spring loaded button to make that circuit complete itself.

i hope that made sense. its really early.

caseball2051,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I agree that it would be nice if MF could somehow align the battery with the unit (rather than it sticking out of the side of the unit in all of its shiny 'glory').

However, I would be opposed to a permanent battery, as one would need to replace the unit as the performance of the battery declined (rather than simply replacing the battery).

I also would be ecstatic if MF were to put a flat and durable button on the under side of the box near the mouthpiece (this is only my ideal placement based upon usage to date). The button would complete the circut and begin heating the trench screen when pressed and cut off power to the heating element (trench screen) when released.

Rounded edges could make the Launch Box a bit more ergonomic (and smaller) in the hand too.

And...a glass lid with a magnifying lens over the trench seems like too much to ask for (but it would just be awesome nevertheless).

Thank you for inventing and selling such a nifty and useful gadget.

May your success continue (enabling you to design a third MF unit or a version 2 of the MFLB). :brow:

Progress,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hear ye, Hear ye. ;)

Vape ye, whiff ye LB, One, and all.

(cant wait for M-F, version #3....) :)

stark1,

nickzzzx

If a new MF product were to be made, I would definitely like to see the design of the box completely transformed as well as the battery system redesigned. I'm sure with all the different rechargeable battery type electronics on the market now, you could find some type of battery that is able to
A. stay in the box
B. be removeable for replacement/maintenance
C. last at least 20-30 minutes of operation (4-6 trenches)
D. have an on/off switch and indicator

I would gladly pay 200 for an 'upgraded' MF portable vape product with a rechargeable battery and redesigned body.

nickzzzx,

iceshark

Ice Man
Got mine at Still Smokin in Seattle U dist. Great service and they really love this product. Unfortunatly I got home 2 hours later to find parts missing. I emailed MB and within hours I had missing parts on the way. Thanks so much Ariel:)

As for the unit, only had enough product for one load. Wow it works great. Now to find some more product so I can try it again.

Peace

By the way, If your in Wa or OR the Freddys stores have Sony pre-charged rechargeable aa batts for half price this week. 2 pack only 6.99 or 4 pack for 11.99 they peel very easy and seem to look just like the Sanyo batts that come with unit Rated same and same size. FYI

iceshark,

chloe

not to say there isn't room for improvement (I do like the on/off switch idea) but imho, the box is beautiful and perfect. I love the simplicity and enjoy the AA batteries (over any other). No matter where you go, usually someone has an AA battery laying around, and they are cheap and abundant.

I do enjoy reading all the enthusiasm of this product and the ideas that spring up that allows the box to evolve (YES to the LED light!!)...I am one for evolution of the box if it means the simplification of it...but when you look at the company MF and it's following, at least we can be rest assured, we are in great hands...

great community and flow

:peace: Always

chloe,

OC513

Dabaholic
Ok I just got my box and I am super excited.......so I need to know how do you know when the batts are fully charged. I put them on the charger and the light is red.....will it change to green when fully charged? Or go out? Will I have any signal at all that the batts are charged? I wanna use it already!!!!!

OC513,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Over the past couple weeks, I have actually discovered that I like my new Magic Flight Launch Box better than my Vapor Warez. That's saying something too since I have used my VW exclusively for years, and always loved it. I haven't even used my VW at all the past week.

I can vap a bowl in the VW, and still have a lot of body pain. However, if I'm using my MFLB, it takes care of 95% of the pain, with less herb too. I never load more than 1/2 a trench either. I've pretty much decided the MFLB will be my main vaporizer now. I'll still use the Vapor Warez in the evenings for hash and kief occasionally, though, too.

I'm extremely happy!!

When I got my Launch Box from BlissSville, the batteries came pre-charged. Since the MFLB is going to be my main vaporizer now, I might need to order more batteries soon. I like the ones I got from BlissSville, I can get 2-3 trenches from one fully charged battery. :D

Vicki,

chloe

Vicki said:
Over the past couple weeks, I have actually discovered that I like my new Magic Flight Launch Box better than my Vapor Warez. That's saying something too since I have used my VW exclusively for years, and always loved it. I haven't even used my VW at all the past week.

I can vap a bowl in the VW, and still have a lot of body pain. However, if I'm using my MFLB, it takes care of 95% of the pain, with less herb too. I never load more than 1/2 a trench either. I've pretty much decided the MFLB will be my main vaporizer now. I'll still use the Vapor Warez in the evenings for hash and kief occasionally, though, too.

I'm extremely happy!!

When I got my Launch Box from BlissSville, the batteries came pre-charged. Since the MFLB is going to be my main vaporizer now, I might need to order more batteries soon. I like the ones I got from BlissSville, I can get 2-3 trenches from one fully charged battery. :D
:brow: That's great to hear Vicki! I too once had the Vapor Warez, but when I got the LB, i used it less and less, and now after owning the LB for several months, I donated my beloved Vapor Warez to my brother who I have been trying to introduce to vapor. I loved the Vapor Warez, i had the double hookah for my wife and I and we used it nightly. It was great until the 2nd LB came and that spelled the end for the VW. So glad to hear the joy in people with this box, which is why I am such a huge supporter of this product.

chloe,

ewhitey718

hey, im debating buying a magic box and i was wondering whats the package look like that they send it in. i am at college so if it says vaporizer all over the box that might not go over well at the mail room. lol thanks for the help. i really appreciate it

ewhitey718,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I suppose it depends where you ordered, but generally the package should arrive at your dorm in a plain, discrete package. :ninja:

You can also request that they ship it so.

<M-F, V3> = Sleek. Ergonomic. So, "Classic".

A Win. Win. Wink. ;)

stark1,

steiner666

Serial vapist
ewhitey718 said:
hey, im debating buying a magic box and i was wondering whats the package look like that they send it in. i am at college so if it says vaporizer all over the box that might not go over well at the mail room. lol thanks for the help. i really appreciate it
I cant say what the other sellers ship it in, but I can tell you that if you order from vapeworld.com it will arrive in a plain standard shipping box from "Warehouse Goods" or something along those lines. Totally discrete.

steiner666,

caseball2051

vapeworld shipped FAST (monday order, wed delivery) and discreet.

vaporizers arent illegal anyway until used for illegal substances. You wont have a problem, just be smart with it at school. I never use it in my dorm, too afraid.

education >marijuana consumption.

caseball2051,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Because most "adults" dont smell the noxious nasty smell of "weed" in the dream vapors sweetly, slowly, emanating from your Launch Box, they will be hard put to slam you for "smoking" pot. That evil weed.

I have been using my LB (discretely) around people, an no one has given me a who do they.

Now, where did those cookies go..... :)

stark1,
Top Bottom