1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Low loaded output voltage (high internal resistance) I suspect, it's been a while since I did the testing. Like I said, I got four, two of which do just fine in a flashlight I can't find.

Let's remember this started out with 'use any old battery at the supermarket', which I think we all agree is not good advice?

If you find others you're happy with, no doubt about it you're happy with them. Go for it. I keep coming back to 'the factory battery' or a very sort list of proven useful types. It sounds like that particular Energizer belongs on that list, at least in some experience. FWIW, I don't find the HSD ones useful for the most part for instance.

Of course, Bro. Just having a spot of fun....one gets so few straight lines around here you know.

And I also gotta hand it to you color wise, mine is pretty dull and unimaginative.....I used black Gorilla Tape (good stuff, BTW).

OF

kingofnull and ShipDit like this.
  2. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Get it .

OF and morninglight like this.
  3. morninglight

morninglight Well-Known Member

Totally just ordered it from PIU :D

nopartofme, ShipDit and OF like this.
  4. poonman

Excellent choice .
    I find the 1 ft whip allows you to watch your trench load , so you do Not combust .

edit ;
    o ya , the best part is you can shake and watch .
    I want to get the new WPW for that reason also .

ShipDit likes this.
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

plus you can shake the vape and go right back to hitting it instead of pulling it off the old-school WPA and lining it up again. You can only do that so many times until you start going off-center the more hits you take.

OF, RUDE BOY and ShipDit like this.
  6. poonman

Qman ,
    we think alike .

7. morninglight

morninglight Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm interested in the WPW but haven't watched the vids from vaporpedia yet. Thanks for the recommendation on the whip! I'm pretty excited :)

Just gotta refrain from going to eds tnt's site and browsing his beautiful stems... but it IS payday..

poonman likes this.
  8. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

Don't do it,it's a well known fact that electrical tape,when exposed to heat will cause anal seepage and shortness of breath.
    No, that's not right, I got E-tape confused with butt-sex...again.

OF likes this.
  9. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

that's not right, I got E-tape confused with butt-sex...again.[/quote]

Hate when that happens.

OF likes this.
  10. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

I've been using duracell 2450 nimh from the staples store.
    They are thinner and need to be wiggeled, but they work just fine.

I get particles all over my trench and some do reach the back air
    vent. IMO this is no big deal and my filthy LB has been working fine
    every day since 4/2010.
    Too much love can kill this thing.

11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Completely understandable. The two do go together.....or so I'm told.

OF

ShipDit likes this.
  12. Entheogenesis

Entheogenesis Member

I recently got my MF back from a friend after 2 years. I no longer have my powerex charger just the default white MF one. When the light stops blinking is it done charging? I know it is supposed to but if I take the battery out and put it back in it starts blinking again. I will be purchasing a better charger/batteries but I dont mind using this one as well if it isnt broken. Thanks for any input.

13. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I honestly couldn't tell you because I don't remember. I have 2 of the stock MFLB chargers packed away, one never even used. I bought a C-9000 charger, and have been solely using that. I only keep the other chargers as a back up if the C-9000 dies. Maybe I should gift one of them....

Entheogenesis and ShipDit like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I'm with the Lady here. There were a lot of different models (I think I have at least two I never use...).

What you report, taking a 'charged' battery out and putting it back triggers charging again, is very common. Watch it for a few minutes it may trip out again, it might not. This is, however, not a smart thing to do. NIMH chargers primarily use 'negative delta V' to control charging. Strange as it seems, if you put fixed charging current into them the voltage slowly rises (no surprise here I hope?) but at the very end of charge two things happen, the battery heat takes a quick rise and the voltage drops a little bit. Typically something like .03 Volts IIRC. This is Negative (going down) Delta (change in) V (Voltage) detection. If you 'bump' it enough times it gets past that point and no detection happens and it can get bad for the battery. BTW, most chargers also include a very minor trickle current charge that does two things, keeps the battery topped up (not really the best for them but convenient) and it can 'unlock' depleted batteries in chargers that don't detect them automatically. This current is small enough to not cause problems with detection of course.

So if the lights make sense, and the battery is getting stronger, I say go for it. But don't take 'em out and put 'em back in very often?

OF

Amsterdam, Entheogenesis and ShipDit like this.
  15. elevation

elevation Well-Known Member

Sometimes i get that combustion flavor when hitting my MFLB native and hitting it really slow. But when i drop out the contents of my trench to see what's been going on it stil looks nicely browned.

Are these the benzenes that are released at these temperatures, or am i actually combusting just slightly

16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Hard to say, but I seriously doubt it's benzene.....benzene smells sweet. You get way more exposure to it filling up your gas tank than you will with a vape. And it's also worth noting that it takes a very long term exposure to cause problems or we'd all be dead by now, if that was the concern?

That's what Standard Oil does with the excess you know, better to sell it to you in gasoline than treat it as toxic waste......

My guess is you're starting to combust. Combustion releases extra energy, which is of course why fires burn after you take the match away. But the reactions happen without releasing enough energy to trigger the 'chain reaction' if they're low enough, that's what I've always assumed I was doing when I taste the burnt popcorn coming on.

OF

Quetzalcoatl, elevation and ShipDit like this.
  17. elevation

elevation Well-Known Member

Thanks OF!

I heard someone say this in the Solo thread and i never recognized it with the Solo, but with my MFLB i naturally vape at a higher temperature so things are different.

Next time i hit it native i will start inhaling a little earlier.

OF and ShipDit like this.
  18. Entheogenesis

Entheogenesis Member

Thanks for the responses. I figured it was normal but after having lent it out for so long I was concerned. I don't typically take the batteries out but after switching sockets i noticed the recently charged battery started to blink again. Been loving the box, the iolite is a nice product but doesnt do it for me like the launch box.

19. poonman

IIRC
    When it's done charging , it turns blue , no blinking .

20. Magical Hobbit Yogi

Magical Hobbit Yogi Member

I found this deep in the MF FAQ section. All the different chargers they sell are there, just click on the photo that matches your charger.. hope this helps:

http://magic-flight.com/batteries.php

21. magicflight

magicflight Manufacturer Manufacturer

Hi,

Given the recent battery discussion, I wanted to let everyone know that we have started offering the MF custom designed batteries (made specifically for the LB) on our website (previously, we only had been offering them with the premium wood kits). Any retail orders placed directly on our site are sure to include the new cells from this point forward.

Have a fabulous day!
    -- Magic-Flight

Kief, axakal, morninglight and 18 others like this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Good luck with it.

That might be for some, but for sure none of the ones I got from MF has a blue light. In fact, no charger I own has a blue light. That would be wonderful rather than the GD red/green BS lights engineers with normal color vision delight in putting in so 8% of the men in the world can have some level of trouble reading them.......or, like me, find them totally useless.

I notice things like blue rather than red/green LEDs.

OF

ShipDit and nopartofme like this.
  23. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Member

Customized my VC (Vape Case) today;

before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

..it has a 3 digit lock on each side, but I wanted to do a close up pic (..:cool:).

:peace: P'z all, enjoy the weekend !

24. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Nice, thank you!! I'm going to order a pair right now! :D

morninglight and Amsterdam like this.
  25. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

How hot do the new batts run? With the older ones I never got to the point of combustion,even with the Powerexx ones. I've tried,and gotten close, but only got combustion with the PA.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors