OF

I'm super confused, has anyone ever had their mflb continue to vape even after removing the battery?

Sadly, I don't think you've discovered 'free energy', we're not getting rich from this one..... No special magic here, but that's OK the box is magic enough on it's own IMO.

Batteries vary some in size, and many are out of round (as is the negative contact ring in the box), they can sometimes 'stick' coming out. You quickly learn to check for this (bet you don't get caught again.....).

I suspect the 'run on' was as a result of excess heat built up in the mesh taking some time to dissipate. I doubt any damage has been done (aside from scaring you of course), 'vape on' as the saying goes.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: skippy

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've had an entire load go up in "smoke" after removing the battery. Depending on your grind, oxygen in the chamber, heat of the screen... as long as that lid is closed, its like a super-heated chamber burning off the excess oxygen and whatever flammable (your herb) material is with it. I learned a long time ago... is to flip and pitch, flip and pitch, flip and pitch (is it replaying in your head yet?), flip and pitch. Be careful where you pitch... but get that damn lid open, flip it and pitch the whole damn thing. Preferably in a sink, concrete, ash tray, etc.

BigDaddyVapor,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I just recently (maybe last month?) had a trench turn almost completely black on me. Took me a day and I think 3 or 4 full trenches to get the taste out, and now I can't even smell it.

This thing handles bubble hash pretty well, but it has to be finely ground and you HAVE to mix it with herbs. Tentatively doing it right now as I don't want to goo up my screen, but the consistency of this stuff is pretty darn dry...

Quetzalcoatl,

Howgoit

Hi everyone. I'm new here, although I've been reading the site since I bought my first vaporizer last year (I bought the Arizer V-Tower; great product). I just bought my first portable for my wife and me, i.e., Magic Flight Launch Box. I bought it from www.puffitup.com/.

First, I want to say that the vendor I made my purchase from was very helpful in my decision; in other words, customer service was above average. I appreciate vendors that offer good customer service. Second, I want to ask everyone with Magic Flight experience if there are any useful tips (I have already read most of the things to read about the Magic Flight as well as watched the videos on Magic Flights website).

The thing I'm most concerned about is the technique/learning curve of the device. Some people make it sound as complicated as complex securities litigation, whereas others describe it as being a minor thing that is achieved during one's first session. The reason for the concern is my wife; I like these gadgets and enjoy the learning experience, while she just likes to get the "fun components" in her (probably the typical man v. woman experience of most married couples). And, I don't want the putative learning curve to turn her off from the Magic Flight. Thanks.
This is Great I Got my Magic Flight Launch Box Yesterday and just Love the smallness of it and ease of cleaning and dumping out the used herb and putting new in. I love the screen they used in the MFLB and works better then the Puffit I have which is the portable Stealth inhaler. I like the Puffit don't get me wrong but the MFLB is smaller and really stealth . I could use it all day at home which is nice as I got the wall adapter which works wonderful. Its a must have .I Like to vape lavender and camomile and also Peppermint when I am having a cold and my Asthma has gotten better. Not taking my rescue inhaler as much. I really Like vaping the Evolution Shisha in The Magic Flight Launch Box as it works good just drain a little juice and I have tried Blueberry and Pumpkin Pie both Good and great vape clouds with the shisha . I might try the peanut butter one next. Also don't over pack the tray as it works easier to open up and move the shisha around and clean with a little rubbing alcohol and the brush and a damp cloth then dry works great I really Love my MFLB :-)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Assuming that it is like a stove. just because you turned it off doesnt mean it still isnt hot.

you know what I mean?
Any residual heat only lasts for around 2 seconds before it becomes negligible, unless you actually managed to light the bowl on fire... Believe me, the plant matter is great at absorbing all the heat, but terrible at passing it on, when you cut the power and keep drawing, the screen cools down A LOT in the immediate 2 seconds. I think the stove analogy would work better for something like the Pax which works much closer to an oven as opposed to the LB.

@Lifeisgood, I have no idea what happened... I really doubt that the Powerex's have enough energy to keep the screen going for 5 seconds after releasing it! Like OF said, the batteries aren't perfectly round, although they're pretty close. You will notice this if you slowly spin the battery while it is inserted into the hole, there's a spot where it gets "tight" and then after you pass that part, it gets really loose. Maybe you had the battery stuck in that "tight loop" and when you let it go the friction kept it pushed in? That's literally the only thing I can think of. If you charred your load and it tastes bad, 91% ISO clean it and you're just gonna have to suck it up for the next three or four trenches... it's bad, but I promise it gets better. I don't even notice it on mine, and I was pretty worried about the taste/smell even though BigDaddy, Vicki, et al were telling me to relax, that it would go away... I was a little nervous that it wouldn't, but it totally did and looking back I laugh at how silly I was about it :p If you don't already, you might want to consider getting into the habit of pulling the battery out a little tiny bit, and a "finishing" 2 second draw on the box after pulling it out. Helps clean out any residual vapors from the screen, and to help cool it down fast.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Assuming that it is like a stove. just because you turned it off doesnt mean it still isnt hot.

you know what I mean?

This is inaccurate. Once the battery is removed the box immediately cools down. My guess is he set it down with the battery still in it. Then picked it up, saw the vapor getting produced and removed the battery. The vapor that was already created was probably coming out afterward, but the box does not continue to cook once the battery is removed...that's one of the arguments for its efficiency. I don't think what this user reported is possible. More likely some perception issue related to weed or being new to vapor or both

stickstones,
Reactions: OF

CuttyBuddy

Hey guys, you may be interested in a video I just posted. I compare Pax vs mflb vs Atmos Raw. I think they are all pretty cool. Here's a breakdown video:

Modnote: Removed. Affiliate links and related sites are not welcome.

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Hey guys, you may be interested in a video I just posted. I compare Pax vs mflb vs Atmos Raw. I think they are all pretty cool. Here's a breakdown video:
Hey I really really like your avatar! I have the MFLB which I like, but I've also tried the PAX. Id say they give a similar experience, and both are fucking great! I'm about to watch the video now.

Cereal_MF,

elevation

Hey guys, you may be interested in a video I just posted. I compare Pax vs mflb vs Atmos Raw. I think they are all pretty cool.

Hey CuttyBuddy,

Good review.

I have to point out a thing you said about using someone elses battery though. When you use them, make sure they are 2000mah or higher, and don't forget..You cant use them in any other device anymore.
Launch Box 101 by JDsupreme -5.42

:peace:

elevation,

Raf007

Retailer
Long time for me without FC, but I wanted to stop by and and say how much I love my two new Premium Edition LBs, special gifts from Magic-Flight.
They are looking even better in real life than in this pic and are a really nice addition to MF's line of products. I have done a like a dozen trench in the cherry one.
I don't know if I have yet to finish to "prime" it but it heats up a bit faster than the regular box. Time will tell ;)

They do look and feel really good in hand, and although some might not see the interest I clearly think that most MFLB Lovers will love them.

Also now have the finishing grinder and although I was at first a bit sceptic I have to admit it does work really well and grinds the herb perfectly, and not just for the LB.

I also have to state that I am happily surprise that despite the fact that I have plenty of portable vapes with more power or "cleaner" flavors at first puff the Launch Box is the vape I use the most when outside, way more than all my other ones.
I have tried the Pax (and like it don't get me wrong), and I still see me using the LB more then other portable vapes in a near futur as for now.

So thank you Magic-Flight for this gift package, for this little vape you created and also for being so special !
photostream

HSIHP

Now I really want a dark box! But with all the other awesome portables out (and I even just bought the Pax) I don't see why I need to LBs. It's just so dang cool looking I might have to get one anyway.

HSIHP,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Long time for me without FC, but I wanted to stop by and and say how much I love my two new Premium Edition LBs, special gifts from Magic-Flight.
They are looking even better in real life than in this pic and are a really nice addition to MF's line of products. I have done a like a dozen trench in the cherry one.
I don't know if I have yet to finish to "prime" it but it heats up a bit faster than the regular box. Time will tell ;)

They do look and feel really good in hand, and although some might not see the interest I clearly think that most MFLB Lovers will love them.

Also now have the finishing grinder and although I was at first a bit sceptic I have to admit it does work really well and grinds the herb perfectly, and not just for the LB.

I also have to state that I am happily surprise that despite the fact that I have plenty of portable vapes with more power or "cleaner" flavors at first puff the Launch Box is the vape I use the most when outside, way more than all my other ones.
I have tried the Pax (and like it don't get me wrong), and I still see me using the LB more then other portable vapes in a near futur as for now.

So thank you Magic-Flight for this gift package, for this little vape you created and also for being so special !
photostream
I'm like you Raf when it comes to portables. I have a bunch but the MFLB gets used much more then the rest. I also got a gift package with the 2 new wood LBs and think they look ace and are a great addition to the MF range. The finishing grinder does it's job excellently and the new style WPA is a nice touch too. My PA should be here any day now and then I go into MFLB testing overdrive :D

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Now I really want a dark box! But with all the other awesome portables out (and I even just bought the Pax) I don't see why I need to LBs. It's just so dang cool looking I might have to get one anyway.
I can vouch for the beauty of the walnut boxes too. I made the decision to go for one after seeing the pictures on Magic-Flight's site and drooling, and I wasn't disappointed at all once it arrived. I only wish I was talented in some form of wood burning or engraving, because I keep looking at the sides of mine and thinking what a great canvas they would make for a little artistic customization…

nopartofme,

Raf007

Retailer
I'm like you Raf when it comes to portables. I have a bunch but the MFLB gets used much more then the rest. I also got a gift package with the 2 new wood LBs and think they look ace and are a great addition to the MF range. The finishing grinder does it's job excellently and the new style WPA is a nice touch too. My PA should be here any day now and then I go into MFLB testing overdrive :D

Oh yes, I forgot about the new WPA !
Way more handy than the first one, although I have not tried it yet. Because at home I watervape with my LSV mainly ;)

Raf007,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.

photostream
I think it would be really fucking cool if Magic Flight offered previous customers (atleast those who ordered directly from the site) a nice promo on the special edition LB's. There's just no way in hell im buying a 2nd one, unless it was like 1/2 off since im a valued customer (in my own honest opinion).

Cereal_MF,
Top Bottom