OF

Damn hair, still hasn't grown back.

Don't worry, once it does grow back, nobody will be able to see the tattoo any more, right?

Of course the stories will continue to be whispered for a while after that. Good show the monkey can't talk, eighwhat? Or worse yet, sue.

I just hope it was worth it...... I mean in the end you might have a great story to tell, but not to the grandkids.

OF

OF,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh, I shave around the Tramp Stamp. Psh... I wear it and my skinny jeans PROUDLY!

OK, so moving on (since we're being ignored)... sticks brought this up in the HI thread, but since I'm on a HI break, currently... I've noticed similar things from my MFLB. sticks was complaining of excessive phlegm from using the HI. I've experienced the same. However, we part in a few ways. sticks says he suffers it, well into the next morning, whereas I usually cough it all up, during or shortly after my sessions.

I've always expected a little bit of phlegm with "vapor". But the combos of vapes/glass I experience it, doesn't really make sense to me. The Leviathan I can understand. Takes a lot of pressure to move air/water in that beast. The Saxo on the other hand, while also a large volume piece, yet hardly takes any pressure to move air/water volume... also produces a good amount of phlegm. My other primary and daily driver, the SSFG is mixed results. After I got the voltage setting on my HI where I wanted it, I don't hardly experience any of the phlegm. However, plug in the MFLB and I'm coughing it up.

I understand why, to some extent... just results, other than I would expect.

Finally, sticks says that water pieces diminish his phlegm, while it exacerbates mine.

BigDaddyVapor,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Different strains may have something to do with it. Same with temperatures and such. "Lung butter" is common with the e-cig folks as well.

Quetzalcoatl,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Lung Butter, eh? Never heard that, makes sense.

Though, I'm kind of overwhelmed with the variables and following logical process, to arrive at a conclusion of which vapes, temps and glassware should provide the least amount of Lung Butter. Experiencing it with the MFLB and the SSFG, though I just thought of one variable that has changed with my MFLB lately. When I started having issues with my PA, I purchased 4 new batteries, that literally breathed new life into my box. Since my HI arrived shortly afterwards, I didn't notice, with the MFLB. Now, that I think about it though... that's about when I first noticed it, when I got those new batteries and the box was running hotter.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: OF

stuey

Hi,

The light should change as your moving the dial. The dial controls delivered power, and the light brightness reflects the current level of power the box is receiving. With the dial, you can have either 1/2 (half) battery power, or the equivalent of 1 and one half battery power, or anything in between. This effectively controls how much heat is in the Box, and thus your draw rate and technique.

You should not need to remove the push-back ring to use the PA.

For the most part, at a given dial setting, the brightness of the light should remain constant, as long as you are pressing on the switch in the end of the battery plug. If the brightness of the light varies while leaving the dial alone and holding the button, then there is probably a need to tighten the negative contact ring on the Box. In this case, you can try to tighten it yourself, or you can have us do it under the warranty process.

-- Magic-Flight

Im having issues with flickering using the PA. Im almost certain that its because of the battery and the ring no making good contact.

Whats the best way to tighten the negative contact ring?

TBH Id rather just fix it than go through the warenty process as the box is woking really well aside from that.

I really have no idea what would be the best way of tightening the ring though.

Best wishes.

stuey,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Im having issues with flickering using the PA. Im almost certain that its because of the battery and the ring no making good contact.

Whats the best way to tighten the negative contact ring?

TBH Id rather just fix it than go through the warenty process as the box is woking really well aside from that.

I really have no idea what would be the best way of tightening the ring though.

Best wishes.

See Can the contact coil be safety bent or pushed to be a little tighter?

pakalolo,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Is there anything concerning the box NOT on Vaporpedia?

I can't believe how much I still use it. Twice last week. A year later, that tells you how much is there.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Is there anything concerning the box NOT on Vaporpedia?

I can't believe how much I still use it. Twice last week. A year later, that tells you how much is there.

If there is please let me know.

The size of the entry disturbs me actually. Periodically I raise the topic of re-organizing it but I usually get told to leave it like it is.

pakalolo,

X24

If there is please let me know.

The size of the entry disturbs me actually. Periodically I raise the topic of re-organizing it but I usually get told to leave it like it is.

It is a massive amount of information, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it while my MFLB was in transit. I knew everything I needed to know before the box even got here.

It really is a gem.

Liberty

Hi everyone. I'm new here, although I've been reading the site since I bought my first vaporizer last year (I bought the Arizer V-Tower; great product). I just bought my first portable for my wife and me, i.e., Magic Flight Launch Box. I bought it from www.puffitup.com/.

First, I want to say that the vendor I made my purchase from was very helpful in my decision; in other words, customer service was above average. I appreciate vendors that offer good customer service. Second, I want to ask everyone with Magic Flight experience if there are any useful tips (I have already read most of the things to read about the Magic Flight as well as watched the videos on Magic Flights website).

The thing I'm most concerned about is the technique/learning curve of the device. Some people make it sound as complicated as complex securities litigation, whereas others describe it as being a minor thing that is achieved during one's first session. The reason for the concern is my wife; I like these gadgets and enjoy the learning experience, while she just likes to get the "fun components" in her (probably the typical man v. woman experience of most married couples). And, I don't want the putative learning curve to turn her off from the Magic Flight. Thanks.

HSIHP

Hi everyone. I'm new here, although I've been reading the site since I bought my first vaporizer last year (I bought the Arizer V-Tower; great product). I just bought my first portable for my wife and me, i.e., Magic Flight Launch Box. I bought it from www.puffitup.com/.

First, I want to say that the vendor I made my purchase from was very helpful in my decision; in other words, customer service was above average. I appreciate vendors that offer good customer service. Second, I want to ask everyone with Magic Flight experience if there are any useful tips (I have already read most of the things to read about the Magic Flight as well as watched the videos on Magic Flights website).

The thing I'm most concerned about is the technique/learning curve of the device. Some people make it sound as complicated as complex securities litigation, whereas others describe it as being a minor thing that is achieved during one's first session. The reason for the concern is my wife; I like these gadgets and enjoy the learning experience, while she just likes to get the "fun components" in her (probably the typical man v. woman experience of most married couples). And, I don't want the putative learning curve to turn her off from the Magic Flight. Thanks.

I would say there is no advice better than trying it out yourself for a few times, especially if you have read the Magic Flight Wiki. I use the micro puff method and get pretty nice clouds and my wife just takes really really slow constant draws. She has a much lower tollerance and just never wanted to deal with learning how to get the best out of the box.

HSIHP,
Reactions: Liberty

OF

The reason for the concern is my wife; I like these gadgets and enjoy the learning experience, while she just likes to get the "fun components" in her (probably the typical man v. woman experience of most married couples). And, I don't want the putative learning curve to turn her off from the Magic Flight. Thanks.

First off, Howdy! I'd tell you you made a good choice, but it seems you know that. Fun little product and very good at what it does.

I wouldn't worry about the wife at all. I taught adults for a lot of years, men and women are different as you point out. Women are far more practical about it, they come to learn and don't want to waste time. Give them the straight information and a clear course to follow and try to stop 'em if you can. Show her the basic idea, filling the trench with properly prepared herb and a fresh battery, and she will rapidly follow success to more success. Far faster than any man who will get sidetracked every time.

You'll both end up loving it I bet, but I'll also bet she ends up giving you pointers before very long.......

OF

OF,

Liberty

First off, Howdy! I'd tell you you made a good choice, but it seems you know that. Fun little product and very good at what it does.

I wouldn't worry about the wife at all. I taught adults for a lot of years, men and women are different as you point out. Women are far more practical about it, they come to learn and don't want to waste time. Give them the straight information and a clear course to follow and try to stop 'em if you can. Show her the basic idea, filling the trench with properly prepared herb and a fresh battery, and she will rapidly follow success to more success. Far faster than any man who will get sidetracked every time.

You'll both end up loving it I bet, but I'll also bet she ends up giving you pointers before very long.......

OF
Yes. I learned long ago that my wife is smarter than I am. She's also much prettier to look at. Thanks.

Liberty,
Reactions: sydnee

OF

Yes. I learned long ago that my wife is smarter than I am. She's also much prettier to look at. Thanks.

You're welcome. I won't argue with you who's easier on the eyes, never having seen either of you, but in general I agree at least.

I'm not so sure it's smarter as much as wired differently. It's a very real deal in Adult Ed, you get to mislead women exactly once. Tell them the straight story, lay it out honestly, and you're job is largely done. Guys you have to keep picking up and dusting off. Their social interactions are working against them and you. Women tend to leave that stuff at the door, their time is valuable to them, they mean business.

My advice is 'don't ever sell them short'. Let's remember, in 'Hunting and Gathering' cultures the hunters get all the glory, the gatherers get all the food. 90% overall comes from the women and children, such civilizations would starve out of existence without their straightforward approach to life.

I suspect if you put a woman into a room with the box, a few batteries, some herb and the goal of getting stoned they'd get it done by experiment and observation. The guys would most likely break the box first.

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I suspect if you put a woman into a room with the box, a few batteries, some herb and the goal of getting stoned they'd get it done by experiment and observation. The guys would most likely break the box first.

OF

I agree with that analogy, as I am very industrious. :D

Vicki,

nb8475

One of mine does, two do not. No big deal, as long as the contact is good (normal light on the bulb). You can tighten it up a bit if you'd like (or have MF do it for you under warranty), but be careful you don't want to goof up battery fit.

OF

i emailed MF about it and they told me it was a problem on their end because they had hired new people to make PA's/MFLb and one of the new people apparently fucked up some part of the dimensions. The point is that it's a known issue though.. From MF :
"We are a small business that has blown up over the last three years and we now have one of the most competitive portable vaporizers on the market. Every box and PA is hand made in San Diego, CA and goes through 84 points of inspection. Recently we hired more crew members to help alleviate the growing demand. The new artisans on board were learning the process and unfortunately slight changes briefly went unnoticed."

X24

What a stand-up company. You can really tell it is run by some very intelligent engineers.

X24,

OF

What a stand-up company. You can really tell it is run by some very intelligent engineers.

While I understand what you're saying (at least I think I do), I'm not so sure the message quoted above is an good example of an experienced Engineer or Customer Service person. So what happens now? Everyone with any problems even remotely related will assume their box is defective? Notice the posting in question stems from my statement that one in 3 of my boxes was different than the other two? None of those 3 could possibly be involved with some inspection mishap that happened lately.....and yet somehow it's now linked?

I think the world of MF and all, but IMO the professional way to relate such information is either fully ('we've had some similar problems with s/n XXXX to YYYY boxes, yours falls in that range, unfortunately some of these were shipped, please return yours.....') or in general terms ('you should not be having contact problems, if you do your box is out of specification, please return it for prompt attention and inspection'). Saying you had a rogue employee publicly, no matter how honest, is not really all that helpful to anyone, customer or company.

You should either back your employees and control systems, or fix them. Probably a combination of both actually? IMO it's poor policy to blame either for customer's problems. Apologize, 'make the customer whole' and fix it. Take responsibility for it. Don't promote rumors and speculations. I'm not saying to cover up you had a problem, just don't look like it's not under control in such an open ended manner. Just my opinion, of course.

OF

X24

*snip*

OF

Those thoughts had run through my head as I was posting that...

But, I do like that they confidently note the root of the issue. And to me, that means it's fixed.

...perhaps I've just grown tired of hearing vague answers from larger companies.

Liberty

Another question, I'm going to get some additional batteries tonight - does anyone have opinions on LSD vs. HSD. My usage is probably considered low to average (i.e., nightly session before bed). And, sometimes I will take it out when we go to party at friends' houses, etc. Thanks.

Liberty,

OF

But, I do like that they confidently note the root of the issue. And to me, that means it's fixed.

...perhaps I've just grown tired of hearing vague answers from larger companies.

Yup, it sure has it's good points as well. I was just rambling on about the optimum message is all. I also am gratified to know they have it under control (as they should), I'm just quibbling on alternatives to the 'company line' on such things. In a way, proper attitude begins there. IMO the company line has to center on respect and 'making the customer whole', neither of those things is always easy to do for sure. It can come down to not being dishonest as much as not being completely honest with the random soul on the other end of the phone......most people really don't care what you think anyway you know.

Another question, I'm going to get some additional batteries tonight - does anyone have opinions on LSD vs. HSD. My usage is probably considered low to average (i.e., nightly session before bed). And, sometimes I will take it out when we go to party at friends' houses, etc. Thanks.

If you're a well organized guy you'll get an advantage from HSD if you 'top them up' in the day or so before use. Otherwise, if you're prone to grabbing them when it might be longer than that you're better off with LSD IMO. There's at best a modest (like 10%, a few hits at most) advantage at best, two days out the LSD is better and HSD just gets more and more behind from there out. My routine calls for a fresh LSD with every new trench. I charge them when I get back and they go into the box for use weeks later. I never have trouble finishing a trench. Easy. Two batteries and two glass vials with pre ground loads all fit in the '4AA size' battery case. With a loaded trench and third battery the box and battery case go in a small camera case and I'm guaranteed performance on demand. Three times.

OF

Liberty

My routine calls for a fresh LSD with every new trench. I charge them when I get back and they go into the box for use weeks later. I never have trouble finishing a trench. Easy. Two batteries and two glass vials with pre ground loads all fit in the '4AA size' battery case. With a loaded trench and third battery the box and battery case go in a small camera case and I'm guaranteed performance on demand. Three times.

OF

Nice. I was thinking of adopting the same setup (i.e., leaning toward LSD's because I can charge them when their spent and then throw them in a "Charged" box).

With regard to having three trenches worth, that sufficient for you and how many others for a night? Thanks.

Liberty,

OF

With regard to having three trenches worth, is that sufficient for you and how many others for a night? Thanks.

That's a pretty subjective measure, really. Some guys drink more than others? And my tolerance varies over time as well.

Let's put some numbers on it, just for fun? I generally get top shelf bud (yea, I know.....) averaging maybe 18%? My 'standard trench' is 125 mg average (I take anything between .120 and .130 grams when I 'bottle it up' for use). So, there's .18 times 125 mg of THC there, a bit over 22 mg. On average a little over half of that gets delivered in such systems as I understand it, and you absorb half or a bit more of that, so we're talking about say 6 or 8 mg available? Most modest users are cool at a few mg, hammered at two or 3 times that. I sometimes finish the trench, sometimes not I guess, depending. Other guys I've used it with were not interested in reloading it for more (they were OK with their half).

Your mileage can vary big time. There are guys around here that do over 100 mg of THC in a single nail hit. Others will get a session from a single PD stem (25 or 30 mg of herb, say 1/4 of a MFLB trench). For them a couple mg is plenty.

I'd say, on average, most guys are around one trench at a time? Guys, how do you see it?

TIA

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
OF, I think they sent the message knowing that it would end up on FC, and knowing that they're "proven themselves" so to speak to be 110% on customer service and taking care of the customer... so I dunno, might not be too much of a stretch to assume that they would gladly warranty it if there were any problems.

Liberty, I'll have to echo what OF said as well... I get quality stuff (and the pics to back it up) and even after months of daily use, I still feel good off 1 trench. I don't think I've ever really made it past 3... just, too many cannabinoids in my brain and I start forgetting I have a box, then I don't remember how to use it...

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
i emailed MF...

If you don't mind... who sent/signed that?

Let's put some numbers on it, just for fun? I generally get top shelf bud (yea, I know.....) averaging maybe 18%? My 'standard trench' is 125 mg average (I take anything between .120 and .130 grams when I 'bottle it up' for use). So, there's .18 times 125 mg of THC there, a bit over 22 mg. On average a little over half of that gets delivered in such systems as I understand it, and you absorb half or a bit more of that, so we're talking about say 6 or 8 mg available? Most modest users are cool at a few mg, hammered at two or 3 times that.

WTF!? :ko:

:freak:

I'd say, on average, most guys are around one trench at a time? Guys, how do you see it?

TIA

OF

It doesn't take a trench to get me toasted. Two big, nice water hits... wait 5 minutes and I'll suddenly notice, I'm there. I usually take my time, I'm into the whole ritual of it, plus I'm kicking back with a glass piece... so a 5 minute break after a 2nd hit, isn't unusual.

HOWEVER (notice, that's a BIG however)... I'm one of those that REALLY enjoys the ritual of it, so I end up going past 2 pulls, quite often. I don't count, but its several. Though, finishing the whole trench? Maybe 1/2 the time. I usually get at least 3 or 4 full hits off it, when I come back and have to reload.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom