Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Coffee grinder! Can't stress it enough, it gets me this consistency:

fkom6.jpg

and when I put that with the PA and the water pipe I get these:

skippy

does anyone else know what other batteries other than powerex are available in 2700 ? I saw some at the supermarket,can't remember their name but I think they were a " home brand" so am uncertain to their quality,and I ve looked around here and can't seem to find powerex other than on E bay. does any other major respectable brand make them?

skippy,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
What type of coffee grinder are you guys using? Also, do you have to grind more herb at once with a coffee grinder? That's what I like about the nano grinder: the fact that I can grind just a trench-worth.

sydnee,

skippy

What type of coffee grinder are you guys using? Also, do you have to grind more herb at once with a coffee grinder? That's what I like about the nano grinder: the fact that I can grind just a trench-worth.
My grinder is just a cheap one from a discount store, only cost about 15 bucks. I grind up a couple of weeks worth at a time and store some of it in a plastic container and I put what I'm using in a ABV container topping it up as I go. you could bring less, I've ground just a weeks worth sometimes but I'm lazy, so I grind a couple of weeks at a time so I don't have to keep dragging the grinder out.

skippy,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
My grinder is just a cheap one from a discount store, only cost about 15 bucks. I grind up a couple of weeks worth at a time and store some of it in a plastic container and I put what I'm using in a ABV container topping it up as I go. you could bring less, I've ground just a weeks worth sometimes but I'm lazy, so I grind a couple of weeks at a time so I don't have to keep dragging the grinder out.

I guess maybe I didn't phrase the second part of my question correctly. What I meant was, do you have to put a significant amount of herb into the grinder at one time? Can you put just one trench-worth of herb into a coffee grinder or is it better to grind a larger amount at one time?

Sorry if my original question was poorly worded and/or confusing.

sydnee,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Can you put just one trench-worth of herb into a coffee grinder or is it better to grind a larger amount at one time?

To quote the great Marcel Marceau, in Silent Movie... "NO!"

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: OF

skippy

I guess maybe I didn't phrase the second part of my question correctly. What I meant was, do you have to put a significant amount of herb into the grinder at one time? Can you put just one trench-worth of herb into a coffee grinder or is it better to grind a larger amount at one time?

No I don't think you could do a trench at a time, it would grind it but you'd lose half of it stuck to the sides of the grinder for such a small amount. don't you like to grind too much at a time?

Quetzalcoatl

I understood your question. The answer is that you could put like .5 in and get it ground up, but in my experience it works better if you put 2-4g in at a time. Since there is more to grind, it seems to grind evenly. You have to remember that although it will dry, it's not a problem, and in fact desirable for this vaporizer. For smoking, I would prefer to keep it all together as nugs and break off enough for the day as it retains moisture. For this vape, dry material is good to start with so that the cannabinoids vape away first, instead of the moisture vaporizing. I know it feels "wrong" but I immediately grind my meds now... no regrets so far.

skippy

I understood your question. The answer is that you could put like .5 in and get it ground up, but in my experience it works better if you put 2-4g in at a time. Since there is more to grind, it seems to grind evenly. You have to remember that although it will dry, it's not a problem, and in fact desirable for this vaporizer. For smoking, I would prefer to keep it all together as nugs and break off enough for the day as it retains moisture. For this vape, dry material is good to start with so that the cannabinoids vape away first, instead of the moisture vaporizing. I know it feels "wrong" but I immediately grind my meds now... no regrets so far.
I agree 100% with this post. in my experience the longer the herb sits in the container after being grind up the better/dryer it is, which is exactly what this vape needs.

I really want a nice grinder that will compliment my launch box nicely. I feel at the moment my stock aluminium grinder is hindering the system as a whole. Has anyone compared both of the magic flight grinders? They say they have "upgraded the functionality of the design". What exactly has changed? and does it make a big difference?​
I've been thinking about getting a good quality space case, sharpstone, or mendo mulcher.​
The small 4 piece space case looks so nice, but I'm worried it won't be able to grind fine enough? and it's not that small.​
I may end up also purchasing a coffee grinder to use but would much rather prefer a top quality grinder to carry with me.​
If space case, or sharpstone or any other good grinder company made a grinder the same size as the nano ones I would buy it in a flash. I feel the magic flight nano grinders to be fairly poor quality compared to some good quality grinders.​
EDIT: I've been doing a bit more research and have come across something promising.​
The reason why it appeals to me is it's quite small and it's through holes are small as well for vaping.​

somerkind

Just get an electric coffee grinder. I use this thing http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-E160BY-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B00006IUX5/ all the time and it's better than any other aluminium grinder I have.

Unless you need something more portable, this is as good as it gets IMO and they're cheaper.

How I use it:
* it ONLY does pot, never use coffee in it obviously
* put in 3-4 grams at a time, or more.
* the very very tiny fluffy stuff that sticks to the top of the clear lid is essentially keif, i transfer it to the bottom (pollen) layer of a regular grinder and mix it into a trench later for extra kick
* the rest goes into a little plastic container (ex pill bottle or whatever) for storage. when it runs out, just repeat.

somerkind,

Yeah, I will be using a coffee grinder in the future. But currently I'm looking for something small as I'm up and about quite a lot.

This grinder looks to be the most suitable for my needs so far.

http://mendomulchers.com/product25.asp

Can anyone who has tried this grinder tell me how it compares to the stock MFLB nano grinder or a nice spacecase 4 piece?

Cheers!

Personally I don't think there's a better grinder out there.

I've had sharpstones break on me, space cases break on me, but never a mendo. Also, they have so much more teeth and the grip is so much better. However, I don't own one I've only used them before but I plan on getting one once I have enough extra cash.

The one you chose is the vape one which has smaller holes and I think is pretty awesome, but I've only tried the standard mulcher, which already has pretty small holes when compared to other grinders. You could also youtube it there are a lot of comparison videos online.

VapingLobster,

Yeah, I'm reading up now about grinders. That particular mendo vape grinder looks bloody awesome as far as I can tell. I'm surprised there aren't many reviews or people talking about it, I guess that's made me skeptical but I might not have reason to.

I believe because they are harder to obtain. You pretty much have to order from their site, which scares some people off. They aren't really carried in dispensaries or head shops because they are more expensive I think. I haven't seen any carry them personally so I can't say with 100% certainty but most places almost always carry at least Sharpstone and Space Case and sometimes Chromium(sp?) Crushers and such as well. Just a much smaller company based out of a county with the same name in California.

I see, I'm really thinking about buying one. They seem to have catered to the vaporiser consumers by going with small through holes and lots of teeth.

Has anyone had any experience with them? I'd really love to hear.

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
I own a medium-sized Mendo Mulcher and it's okay. What I usually end up doing is grinding with it first and then finishing the herb in the MF nano grinder to get an even finer grind than what the Mulcher can do.

ETA: I just now saw the new MM for vaping. It looks nice, but pricey as others have pointed out. I will say that the construction of the MM is solid. It's not going to break on you. However, customer service is really lacking with this particular company, so don't expect to email them with questions and get a response....ever. :2c:

sydnee,

Yeah, I would really like to hear from someone with a Magic-flight launch box and also one of the smaller new Mendo mulcher vaping grinders. The new MM looks really good, and almost perfect for users like me with a MFLB.

poonman

I use the orange plastic Volcano grinder .
It grinds small loads and gets it extra fine .
They sell for $ 10 at my LHS .

But for bigger solid Indica nugs ,
I use a SS 3 pc grinder first .
then the Cano grinder ,
Then my thumb and fingers .

Vaping can be a ritual ,
So's my pre-grind .:)

poonman,

Quetzalcoatl

Coffee grinder! This is one of the perks of such fine grind, I fit about .7 I guess? This is the minimalism I can pull off with the battery... easy to carry, I put the battery and vial in the change pocket of my pants and I forget I have them there. Box goes in the pocket.

JRlde.jpg

The usual load size. I can vape three of these with one battery, maybe 4 if I stretch it.

eMKCv.jpg

Works just fine :) still can't get over how small and simple this thing is!

Looks great. With the newer models you would be able to go even more minimalistic by just pre loading directly into the trench and then carrying one 2700 mah battery. That is true portability imo.

Quetzalcoatl

I can pre-load anyways with mine. That's not an issue. The issue is that I need more than 1 trench-worth per day. I wish I could get by with 1 load in this thing per day, but I'm looking more at 3-5.

Quetzalcoatl,

Top Bottom