cluffy

Vaker
violentz313 said:
Just curious if anyone has an alternative to this around the same price would be nice too http://www.dealextreme.com/p/colorless-transparent-glass-shisha-water-pipe-52837 . its all sold out and im trying to get a bubbler attachment for my mflb thanks .

Hehe, I ordered mine on 6/26/11 and I'm still waiting... I figure for 3.50 it will be a nice surprise if it ever comes. Here's the same thing for 22.80 shipped!! : great deal! :lol:

Seriously, if you are a careful shopper there are some good deals on ioffer. Happy shopping! (2nd time I've posted that phrase today...)

cluffy,

Vapemania

Vicki said:
I am now the proud owner of an exotic wood MFLB! Thank you, Darkrom!! :) It looks darker than maple to me, almost as dark as cherry. I LOVE it!! :D

I have already tried it out, and I think it might work even better than my other regular MFLB. Weird.

Now, Magic Flight just needs to make exotic wood PA's. :lol: Or, I did consider staining the PA myself. Has anyone attempted to stain their PA to match their exotic wood box? If so, was it difficult?

What exotic woods are there to choose from?
Also, how much is it?
Do you simply email Blisssvile? (Although a recent post from MFLB suggested that they would prefer to be contacted directly these days).
Also, what does yours look like?

I have a maple one which is pretty ordinary.
So I'd like to get an exotic one and keep it boxed.

Vapemania,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vapemeister said:
Vicki said:
I am now the proud owner of an exotic wood MFLB! Thank you, Darkrom!! :) It looks darker than maple to me, almost as dark as cherry. I LOVE it!! :D

I have already tried it out, and I think it might work even better than my other regular MFLB. Weird.

Now, Magic Flight just needs to make exotic wood PA's. :lol: Or, I did consider staining the PA myself. Has anyone attempted to stain their PA to match their exotic wood box? If so, was it difficult?

What exotic woods are there to choose from?
Also, how much is it?
Do you simply email Blisssvile? (Although a recent post from MFLB suggested that they would prefer to be contacted directly these days).
Also, what does yours look like?

I have a maple one which is pretty ordinary.
So I'd like to get an exotic one and keep it boxed.

I bought this box in the classified section here. It is a used box, and they only had one.

Vicki,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vapemeister said:
Do you simply email Blisssvile? (Although a recent post from MFLB suggested that they would prefer to be contacted directly these days)........
BlissSville, although the original MFLB distributor, now only is one of a number of distributors.
They did provide warranty work, and customer service, but Magic Flight... inventor of the MFLB now handles their own affairs, including these exotic boxes, Power Adapter, and Water Adapter
BlissSville still sells the MFLB and offers some dyn-o-mite package deals with free grinders, or PurpleHeart wood stems etc... but Magic Flight is creator.

Vitolo,

OF

I think the question was 'how do I order an exotic wood LB'? Not so much a Blisssville question. I think the answer is 'you can't'. There were a small number of several woods made, less than 100 IIRC. Some sold, others given/awarded. No more available from there, may someday make some more but no specific plans.

I think.....

OF

OF,

DrSpottyBeard72

cluffy said:
violentz313 said:
Just curious if anyone has an alternative to this around the same price would be nice too http://www.dealextreme.com/p/colorless-transparent-glass-shisha-water-pipe-52837 . its all sold out and im trying to get a bubbler attachment for my mflb thanks .

Hehe, I ordered mine on 6/26/11 and I'm still waiting... I figure for 3.50 it will be a nice surprise if it ever comes. Here's the same thing for 22.80 shipped!! : great deal! :lol:

Seriously, if you are a careful shopper there are some good deals on ioffer. Happy shopping! (2nd time I've posted that phrase today...)

Thanks for the link Cluffy great find! i just ordered hope it arrives!

DrSpottyBeard72,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Btw, I keep meaning to thank Vito for his MFLB/PA/WPA video. Nice work, brother. Keep fighting the good fight and educating the masses.

Edit: Vaked and a page-topper! Yay, me!

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh, since there's been a lot of discussion about Magic Flight's warranty variables, within "lifetime" and pretty all-encompassing coverage. Does anyone not remember The Shit Pile MFLB Warranty Claim of 2011? They proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, they are TOP-NOTCH Customer Service.

BigDaddyVapor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vicki said:
Pcpvapors said:
I wonder if the different wood allows for more heat retention or even a hotter temp running (old school log scenario?)

I'm not sure about that. I'd love to hear from other exotic wood MFLB owners. :) I could swear this is cherry wood, though.

The LB is not like a log vape. It does not retain heat at all, that's one of its charms. The wood also has no real effect on how hot it gets since the wood does not play any significant role in heating.

Having said that, I believe my koa LB hits more smoothly than my birch model. I think that is due to the difference in the air intake channel, though. My birch LB has the old deeper and narrower channel. I have only used the koa LB three or four times, however. It's a display piece because it's so handsome and because it was a gift.

pakalolo,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
BigDaddyVapor said:
Does anyone not remember The Shit Pile MFLB Warranty Claim of 2011? They proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, they are TOP-NOTCH Customer Service.

Can you link that? Its sounds gross but interesting. I picture a huge pile of 100+ MFLB's in the shape of a turd, ready to be incinerated.

sessnet,
Just wanted to say I tried some tiny dabs of waxy stuff on the mflb, and it worked just great, with no apparent ill effects to the screen.

Sess, someone dropped their MFLB in a dirty toilet and got their unit replaced based on this unfortunate event. It's sticking out in people's minds for obvious reasons as I'm sure you appreciate, haha.

charliedontsurf,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks charliedontsurf, that is extremely grosser than I imagined....

So, you placed the wax directly on the screen?

sessnet,

tuscan tins

Wax, kief, it all works dude (from personal experience). Just as long as you clean out your screen every now and again.

tuscan tins,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I always figured that borders on MFLB abuse, but I will take your word for it!

Anyone know if Vitolo's Oil-Dabbed-Cotton-Ball trick works in the MFLB?

I just bought a Solo for some qtips I have waiting, but wondering if anyone has tried anything crazy like that in the MFLB.

sessnet,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OF said:
I think the question was 'how do I order an exotic wood LB'? Not so much a Blisssville question. I think the answer is 'you can't'. There were a small number of several woods made, less than 100 IIRC. Some sold, others given/awarded. No more available from there, may someday make some more but no specific plans.

I think.....

OF

I answered the question already......:rolleyes:

Vicki,

OF

Vicki said:
OF said:

I think.....

OF

Actually I was responding to Vitolo's post just before (in response to the OP's question) which didn't say 'no more available' but rather gave otherwise useful information on vendors.

Then again, I didn't take your answer as being all that definitive. You said you got it used from a private party and then "they only had one" which a guy could take that your source only had the one....in fact that's what it says. Really doesn't say much about MF availability.

I guess it doesn't matter how many times it's said in the end, 'no more new exotic wood LBs'. That's the bottom line.

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
pakalolo said:
Vicki said:
Pcpvapors said:
I wonder if the different wood allows for more heat retention or even a hotter temp running (old school log scenario?)

I'm not sure about that. I'd love to hear from other exotic wood MFLB owners. :) I could swear this is cherry wood, though.

The LB is not like a log vape. It does not retain heat at all, that's one of its charms. The wood also has no real effect on how hot it gets since the wood does not play any significant role in heating.

Having said that, I believe my koa LB hits more smoothly than my birch model. I think that is due to the difference in the air intake channel, though. My birch LB has the old deeper and narrower channel. I have only used the koa LB three or four times, however. It's a display piece because it's so handsome and because it was a gift.

Thanks pakalolo. I do believe each box is unique. :)

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OF said:
Vicki said:
OF said:

I think.....

OF

Actually I was responding to Vitolo's post just before (in response to the OP's question) which didn't say 'no more available' but rather gave otherwise useful information on vendors.

Then again, I didn't take your answer as being all that definitive. You said you got it used from a private party and then "they only had one" which a guy could take that your source only had the one....in fact that's what it says. Really doesn't say much about MF availability.

I guess it doesn't matter how many times it's said in the end, 'no more new exotic wood LBs'. That's the bottom line.

OF

I believe my answer was quite definitive. I said I bought it used in the classified area of this forum. Why would I have info about Magic Flight's availabilty? I don't. That's why I gave the answer I did. I also don't see the person who asked the original question here asking for a better explanation. :/

Vicki,

OF

Vicki said:
I believe my answer was quite definitive. I said I bought it used in the classified area of this forum. Why would I have info about Magic Flight's availabilty? I don't. That's why I gave the answer I did. I also don't see the person who asked the original question here asking for a better explanation. :/

Fine by me, have it your way (even if I don't fully follow....). Silly me, I thought the fellow wanted to get one for himself.

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OF said:
Vicki said:

Fine by me, have it your way (even if I don't fully follow....). Silly me, I thought the fellow wanted to get one for himself.

OF

Like I said, I don't see the person who originally asked the question asking for clarification. I think he got it.... :rolleyes:

Vicki,

OF

Vicki said:
Like I said, I don't see the person who originally asked the question asking for clarification. I think he got it.... :rolleyes:

As I just said, your perspective is fine by me.

I saw the OP asking four questions:

"What exotic woods are there to choose from?
Also, how much is it?
Also, what does yours look like?"

You answered none of them, really. Vitolo gave a partial answer that might lead a guy to contact the right place to get one (that they were available somewhere). I responded that they weren't available any more from the maker (so price doesn't matter, nor does who you should contact). Readers are free to take their pick of answers, make up their own, or ignore it.

If they didn't ask for clarification I might suggest I gave them the answer they really wanted (or in this case didn't want to hear.....). Not that that matters a bit, really. The message got out, even if in pieces.

OF

OF,

Vapemania

I've been on the Blisssville site and seen the package deals they offer with the MFLB.
Very nice indeed.

They even sell the CRZ!

However, it appears that an exotic wood MFLB is not available, unless I buy one from someone who owns one.

I would've thought that differentiation of a product would increase sales.
For example, there are 2 types of Volcano, 7th Floor have 3 vapes, and the SSV can be customised.
The log vapes are customised too.

Not so with your humble MFLB, though!
A bit like Henry Ford: 'You can have any colour Model T, as long as it's black!'

Mind you, with MFLB's success rate amongst the younger generation, they can pretty much do what they like, IMO.

But just imagine... walnut MFLB (sharp intake of breath!)

Vapemania,
Top Bottom