weedemon

enthusiast
that sucks man! I hope it tdidnt' get wet while it spend the night in the woods. :(

Good luck on your search! :)

weedemon,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Mechtradevil20 said:
Tragedy in the forest!
ALERT! RED ALERT!

So guess what fellow launch heads? My mflb is lost in the woods. I took it hiking and was running from mosquitos and other bugs in a heavily buggy area and I think it flew from a pocket somehow.. I'll be looking for it all of today, wish me luck. I don't have a record of the serial number because I didn't think anything like this could happen, and the pocket I had it in should NOT have been able to launch my launch box into the air.. Sigh. :(

I also wish you good luck, but for the record, having the serial number wouldn't matter. While the warranty covers a lot of things, losing the LB isn't one of them.

pakalolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Actually it can be the only thing not covered by THE warranty. It's sad, must be the 2nd worst thing to happen with MFLB, right after capturing by cops.

Seek,

Vato805

King Of The Jungle
2 questions for you gentlemen!

is 2 fine of a grind possible with the MFLB?

and

any ill effects if i leave my MFLB layin around with a battery inserted(mflb has a push back ring) with the positive terminal pointing in?

Vato805,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vato805 said:

and

any ill effects if i leave my MFLB layin around with a battery inserted(mflb has a push back ring) with the positive terminal pointing in?

Too fine grind? Nope.

Positive end out? No problem if its just laying around. If in pocket with other metal objects is a no no...unless you cap the battery

Seek said:
Actually it can be the only thing not covered by THE warranty. It's sad, must be the 2nd worst thing to happen with MFLB, right after capturing by cops.

If it comes down to it, hand it to the fuzz with the message facing up and hope for the best :p How can anything negative come out of something so positive :)

JDSupreme,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i think the bare box is your best bet, blisssville hooks it up with free shipping and its ultra quick, got my box in two or three days i forget, also the new boxes are simply lovely, i love the contrasting colors on my two tone box

stroh,

stoney

Alex
Vato805 said:
Only if you could get some kind of sub-atomically sized grind? :p
Vato805 said:
Yes, your stash will start to get used up more quickly. ;)

stoney,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Mechtradevil20 said:
Tragedy in the forest!
ALERT! RED ALERT!

So guess what fellow launch heads? My mflb is lost in the woods. I took it hiking and was running from mosquitos and other bugs in a heavily buggy area and I think it flew from a pocket somehow.. I'll be looking for it all of today, wish me luck. I don't have a record of the serial number because I didn't think anything like this could happen, and the pocket I had it in should NOT have been able to launch my launch box into the air.. Sigh. :(

aw that is truly a shame. Hope you find it! And like others have said, having a serial number and no box would do you no good.

aesthyrian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Maybe this should be in the grinder section (and I think it will... but with added info)
This coffee grinder was 1.50 at a Goodwill Store. It can get various grinds... but if you leave it grind for over 6-7 seconds.. your herb will be as fine as talc.. or snuff!
Untitledcopy.jpg

Vitolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vitolo said:
Maybe this should be in the grinder section (and I think it will... but with added info)
This coffee grinder was 1.50 at a Goodwill Store. It can get various grinds... but if you leave it grind for over 6-7 seconds.. your herb will be as fine as talc.. or snuff!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/Untitledcopy.jpg

Looks like this "vintage" grinder :)

If you're not as lucky as Vito to find one for $1.50, Walmart sells one for like $18-19

Im a 2pc guy. Electric grinder for cooking ABV only

JDSupreme,

Vato805

King Of The Jungle
Well the positive end is inside the mflb and the negative is the side sticking out thats whats capped

Vato805,

weedemon

enthusiast
Vato805 said:
Well the positive end is inside the mflb and the negative is the side sticking out thats whats capped
hey bud,

if the positive end is inside the mflb then there is no need to cap anything.

your only risk is it getting pressed and then turning on. If it was in your pocket or in a bag maybe this could happen. not just sitting on it's own though. if this happened of course it would be cooking your herbs in the trench.

you said you have the push back ring in there so it should be all good for the most part.

i don't think you can grind too fine either. (technically if you got the particle size smaller than the mesh, that would be bad. but is that really possible? probably not. :D )

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
JDSupreme said:
Vitolo said:
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/Untitledcopy.jpg

Looks like this "vintage" grinder :)

If you're not as lucky as Vito to find one for $1.50, Walmart sells one for like $18-19

Im a 2pc guy. Electric grinder for cooking ABV only
That's the one JD! I use a variety of grinders... but the unit you see as you say waas specifically for ABV.. (on my way to much some now!)

Vitolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
weedemon said:
(technically if you got the particle size smaller than the mesh, that would be bad. but is that really possible? probably not. :D )

definitely not, not even viscous oil will seep through the screen! the inner underside of my box is near flawless, the only residue is from vaping buds.

stroh,

buschwusch

fuck yeah, ordered my mflb yesterday from puffitup, the owner is quite a nice guy :)
now the ~14day waiting period begins :p

buschwusch,

Vitolo

Vaporist
buschwusch said:
fuck yeah, ordered my mflb yesterday from puffitup, the owner is quite a nice guy :)
now the ~14day waiting period begins :p
Where do you live?
I have gotten MFLB Kits from PuffitUp in 48 hours. Are you outside of the USA?

Vitolo,

hunterthompson

Just realized I never wrote a real review after having my MFLB for over a year :ko: So here it is!

Magic Flight Launch Box Review:

I have been using my MFLB for over a year and have found it to be an incredible portable vaporizer. It is extremely efficient in addition to being durable and discrete.

Pros:
-Efficient: One trench holds about .11 grams of material and it only takes me about 1/5 of a trench to get me where I want to be
-Durable: My box has survived multiple drops to hard surfaces and due to the lack of moving parts still works like a champ; also no material even spilled out because of the plexiglass cover
-Stealthy: The small size allows it to easily fit in the palm of my hands and produces very little visible vapor or smell (many have used it in crowded movie theaters or in buildings)
-Control: Since your breathing controls the temperature, with some practice you can get up to as high or low a temperature as you want which is not an option for other fixed-temperature vaporizers
-Fast: 3-5 seconds for vapor makes it incredibly easy to have vapor whenever and wherever you please
-Portable: Uses rechargeable AA batteries which each last around 2-3 trenches; the two supplied are more than enough for a full day but I have extras for when using with friends
-Taste: Incredible taste; I actually savor the taste as opposed to the disgusting flavor of smoke
-Warranty: Magic Flight offers an astounding lifetime warranty so if anything goes wrong with your box they will send you a new one free of charges
-Power Adapter: An A/C power adapter can be purchased so that you don't need to worry about using or charging batteries; it has an adjustable temperature dial to give maximum control of the temperature and allows for maximum power for every hit
-Water-Pipe Adapter: Magic Flight has recently come out with a water-pipe adapter so that you can run your MFLB through water for increased comfort
-Customizability: There are many skins or different types of stems you can put on your box to suit your preference
-Cheap: It is very inexpensive compared to other vaporizers and with the warranty it will be a lifetime vaporizer

Cons:
-Learning Curve: There is a very steep learning curve especially for people new to vaporization; it will take new people many uses before they get the hang of it and it is very possible that some people will accidentally combust in your box but this risk and learning curve can be diminished greatly by using the power adapter
-Combustion: Since the temperature is controlled by pull speed it is very possible to combust in these boxes; I have never combusted but my (former) friend did on his first use with it
-Groups: This is designed to be a personal vaporizer so it can be an issue to use with groups especially if not everyone knows how to use it; if you have extra batteries or ideally the power adapter it can be used with groups with much more ease

The Magic Flight Launch Box is a truly wonderful vaporizer. It provides reliable vapor wherever and whenever you want it. The very few and minimal drawbacks are diminished greatly by the addition of the power adapter. If you are in the market for a portable vaporizer this is definitely the one to get. And the Magic Flight company is the greatest company I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. You can't go wrong with Magic Flight.

hunterthompson,

Mechtradevil20

Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwich Enthusiast
stoney said:
You can get a bare box from the folks at MF (blisssvile, rather) for $67.

awesome! I can't seem to find an option for this on their online store, do I need to email them and just ask about it?

Mechtradevil20,
Hello fellow flight crew members. Today was my first disappointment ever with my mflb I lost almost half of my trench through the air intake. I read a couple of post back about people getting material stuck in the intake but i was surprised when i saw how much material escaped through in my pocket. My older box never did that. Its literally like a pepper shaker. Ive had this replacement box for 1 week now. I also have another launch box with the lid catch and i don't have this problem although material constantly gets stuck in there.

Im requesting other members to do the "pepper shaker" test with an older box and let me know if you have the same problem.

ps my rubber band was attached to the box in my pocket

mflb_hustler,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Some boxes (I've heard the new ones are normal again) are like this. Mine also. But it happens only with very fine and dry grind (usually it happens only if the load is semi-vaped). I've never lost a lot, only some bits sometimes. Good carrying and shaking to minimalize this.

Seek,
This vape is the greatest. I was a long time lurker, read through 400 pages and eventually decided to pick up this vape from puffitup. Came with 6 batteries, puff it up 2 pc grinder, and some other extras. My friend and i tried it out this morning for our wake and bake. I was so high I thought I was a camera. And this was off of less than half a trench full.

compnerdd6000,
Top Bottom