Vitolo

Vaporist
JDSupreme said:
No one believes me when I tell them its made from already vaped bud :)
I never even thought of that. Trading for raw.. wow! I am on that idea immediately. It is my experience too that nobody can guess it is abv. Good tip!
Hey, wow .. and great vids! I am a huge fan! (Didn't realize who I was talking to!)

Vitolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
edibles are so much fun to experiment with. and they always knock you own your posterior :ko:

stroh,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Vaporisateur said:
keismine said:
Hello FC, i posted a question about the power adapter a couple days ago. It was about using a DC to AC converter for use in the car, for the reason that MF is currently out of auto adapters.

Now im curious, does anyone have experience using any other plain 12v cord that goes into the cigarette lighter? Seeing as the PA has two parts, one MF manufactured and the other just seems to be a plain cord.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail - got it off ebay for about 5$, used. I'll report back if it works. It's just a standard AC/DC lighter power cord - I think it was meant for a GPS unit.

I just received the GPS lighter power cord that i ordered from ebay and wanted to report that it definitely works like a charm with the PAMFLB :D

Vaporisateur,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
So I have a horror story for any potential LB buyers who live in apartment complexes...

I have a friend, we'll call him 'Guy', and he fell in love with the box when we were vaping one day. Few days later, he orders one and calls me all excited. He asks how long it takes to come in the mail, and I said usually less than a week. I guess a week goes by, and he ends up forgetting about it, about 10 or 12 days go by, and he calls the company. They say it's been shipped and picked up... someone signed for it... a Thomas with a blurry last name (my friend's name is not Thomas). So apparently one of the tenants signed for it and ended up with a free LB.

He said whoever he talked to when he called the company said something about working out a deal... which is nice of them, as it's really not their fault and whatnot... but to any of you who live in apt. complexes... maybe ship it to a friend's home address, especially now since the unit has upped in price.

anyways, heads up.

wake n blake,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
wake n blake said:
So I have a horror story for any potential LB buyers who live in apartment complexes...

I have a friend, we'll call him 'Guy', and he fell in love with the box when we were vaping one day. Few days later, he orders one and calls me all excited. He asks how long it takes to come in the mail, and I said usually less than a week. I guess a week goes by, and he ends up forgetting about it, about 10 or 12 days go by, and he calls the company. They say it's been shipped and picked up... someone signed for it... a Thomas with a blurry last name (my friend's name is not Thomas). So apparently one of the tenants signed for it and ended up with a free LB.

He said whoever he talked to when he called the company said something about working out a deal... which is nice of them, as it's really not their fault and whatnot... but to any of you who live in apt. complexes... maybe ship it to a friend's home address, especially now since the unit has upped in price.

anyways, heads up.

That's really shitty of that Thomas dude to keep a package that wasn't intended for him. Rotten, just plain rotten. :mad:

sydnee,

keismine

Vaporisateur said:
Vaporisateur said:
keismine said:
Hello FC, i posted a question about the power adapter a couple days ago. It was about using a DC to AC converter for use in the car, for the reason that MF is currently out of auto adapters.

Now im curious, does anyone have experience using any other plain 12v cord that goes into the cigarette lighter? Seeing as the PA has two parts, one MF manufactured and the other just seems to be a plain cord.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail - got it off ebay for about 5$, used. I'll report back if it works. It's just a standard AC/DC lighter power cord - I think it was meant for a GPS unit.

I just received the GPS lighter power cord that i ordered from ebay and wanted to report that it definitely works like a charm with the PAMFLB :D

Nice!! As for me, I just picked up a DC cable with the exact same output end as the AC cable from my local radioshack for $10. Works perfectly for me. So for anyone waiting on the auto adapters to become available from MF since apparently its $7 from them, might as well pick up something like this.

keismine,

Nycdeisel

I dont have a PA, but I do need new batteries. those are old and they dont fit very well in the Box.

thanks again

Nycdeisel,

al bundy

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
this is the best forum that is vapor related, some of us hang out on GC(grasscity) like Vitolo and I. I think wattyler is on there too, sorry if you two didnt want a 'following' I think you use this site more though.

yep im there too, knew some names looked familiar.

al bundy,

al bundy

Vaporist
sydnee said:
wake n blake said:

anyways, heads up.

That's really shitty of that Thomas dude to keep a package that wasn't intended for him. Rotten, just plain rotten. :mad:
That does suck.
well if MF can match serial number to address he can void that one at least.

al bundy,

StickyShisha2

Vitolo said:
Here is a vibrator. 1.5 v made by Motorola. It takes an N cell, and the entire unit, becomes an AA sized vibrator
baTT.jpg

P.S. the AA battery that is created by this, will vibrate as soon as it is activated to turn on any device.

i like

StickyShisha2,

ManFlies352

Just purchased an MFLB today. I had the original Iolite and had the wispr on pre-order but now I'm gonna cancel that pre-order. This thing is amazing and trust me, I was a big doubter because of what some said about the battery life. Great purchase so far

ManFlies352,

ManFlies352

Vitolo said:
InFlames235 said:
Just purchased an MFLB today.....Great purchase so far
Welcome to a new heat source! I like recharging more than refilling. (better hits too)

Yea, the crazy thing is that it doesn't actually give me as milky of hits as the iolite (unless it combusts of course) but it gets my higher. Also, the taste is superb and the trenches last FOREVER

ManFlies352,

cluffy

Vaker
InFlames235 said:
Vitolo said:
InFlames235 said:
Just purchased an MFLB today.....Great purchase so far
Welcome to a new heat source! I like recharging more than refilling. (better hits too)

Yea, the crazy thing is that it doesn't actually give me as milky of hits as the iolite (unless it combusts of course) but it gets my higher. Also, the taste is superb and the trenches last FOREVER

Truth. As long as there is warmth coming into your mouth from the MFLB and there is something good in the trench, HOLD THAT HIT!!!!! :ko:

cluffy,

ManFlies352

And just ordered the PA. Hell, i'm gonna be saving a lot from cancelling that iolite order, might as well make the best of it ;). This and my upcoming SSV will make my vape journey complete...for now

ManFlies352,

treecityrnd

cluffy said:
HOLD THAT HIT!!!!! :ko:
Please don't. They did the study a long time ago at Hopkins...depth, not duration. Others have followed up on the initial study with similar findings.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7853169
Marijuana smoking: effects of varying puff volume and breathhold duration.
Azorlosa JL, Greenwald MK & Stitzer ML (1995).
"...cast doubt on the common belief that prolonged breathholding of marijuana smoke enhances classical subjective effects associated with its reinforcing value in humans."

But, totally agree, as long as the trench still looks good, inhale the warm vapors. From other studies, most of the cloud you exhale is wasted cannabinoids. And on my budget I can't afford to be wasteful. Independent thinker, conservative vaporist. Reuse and recycle your ABV!

treecityrnd,

treecityrnd

NYC - just grabbed a cute little 1-foot SYN and this weekend and hooked it up exactly the same way. Hilarious. Great minds (ok, not so great on my end all the time) think alike. I think I have a crush on you. Are you married? ;)

Big fan of microhits and milking at once. May not be the most efficient but its effective and looks real nice.

treecityrnd,

stroh

errl enthusiast
treecityrnd said:
cluffy said:
HOLD THAT HIT!!!!! :ko:
Please don't. We did the study a long time ago at Hopkins...depth, not duration. Others have followed up on our initial study with similar findings.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7853169
Marijuana smoking: effects of varying puff volume and breathhold duration.
Azorlosa JL, Greenwald MK & Stitzer ML (1995).
"...cast doubt on the common belief that prolonged breathholding of marijuana smoke enhances classical subjective effects associated with its reinforcing value in humans."

But, totally agree, as long as the trench still looks good, inhale the warm vapors. From other studies, most of the cloud you exhale is wasted cannabinoids. And on my budget I can't afford to be wasteful. Independent thinker, conservative vaporist. Reuse and recycle your ABV!
this study is all well and good, but the test subjects were smoking rather than vaporizing. There have been other studies that show that exhaled vapor contains up to 30-40% unused THC, and is perfectly safe to hold in for as long as the user desires, given that oxygen deprivation doesn't come into play.

stroh,

treecityrnd

stroh said:
this study is all well and good
Thank you for supporting the research Stroh. We need everyones support as most funding has been diverted to other higher priority grants like DOD, DHS, etc. Higher education, and in fact all academia, need your support. Thats why I love FC! Its one of the best sources of public education online.

stroh said:
but the test subjects were smoking rather than vaporizing. There have been other studies that show that exhaled vapor contains up to 30-40% unused THC, and is perfectly safe to hold in for as long as the user desires, given that oxygen deprivation doesn't come into play.
I agree that the data shows vaporization to be significantly safer than smoking, however longitudinal studies have not been done so it must be taken as acute effects. Like we have both said now; any vapor that you exhale is not absorbed (i.e., not biologically available) and thus contains "wasted active cannabinoids". I mentioned nothing about safety in my post and the study had very little to do with safety. The study wanted to determine the physiological and subjective effects of inhaled marijuana smoke in normal subjects across several inhalation-related variables. These variables would apply to either smoke or vapor inhalation. It is simply a matter of physiology; your body cannot absorb all the vapor or smoke. A perfect analogy would be eating. Your body can only absorb so many calories per hour. That which is absorbed is available for your body to use. Anything more you put in is either wasted food (directly to poop) or turned into fat.

Edit: This is the MFLB forum, sorry for straying so far off topic. I love my MFLB and its my only vape until my DBV arrives. But really, what else could one need!

treecityrnd,

cluffy

Vaker
I didn't mean hold it till you turn blue, just don't exhale right away thinking you got nothing and waste it. ;)

cluffy,

sundaddy

Vaping on the beach this past Memorial day weekend was awesome with the MFLB. I've got big hands so I can completely cover it over the top and have nothing but stem showing. As I've said before, "Fuck RedBull, MFLB gives you wings"

sundaddy,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi TreeCityRnd,

treecityrnd said:
... any vapor that you exhale is not absorbed (i.e., not biologically available) and thus contains "wasted active cannabinoids". ... It is simply a matter of physiology; {beyond a certain limit} your body cannot absorb all the vapor. A perfect analogy would be eating. Your body can only absorb so many calories per hour. That which is absorbed is available for your body to use.

Agreed -- and very well stated! We have been posting similar observations ourselves, and it is nice to see them collaborated. With the Box design, we have endeavored to match the bodies natural adsorption rate with an appropriate vapor emission rate. Unfortunately, this means 'no visible vapor' -- and so people think that the Box is "not working" when it is actually performing perfectly.

The main trick is to breathe deep -- as deeply as possible. A breath that is only a little deeper will be far more psychologically effective than a breath that is held loosely, even if it is held a very long time!

treecityrnd said:
... I love FC! Its one of the best sources of public education online.

Agreed. Which is why a public reference an article that requires a pay per view feels like an advertisement: "We have the information you want, and it costs only $20". There are a number of people on this forum who are cost conscious, and to them, being able to read only an abstract is to have effectively received only a summary of an opinion of "what did this study mean" rather than to have received any real substantiated support for the ideas expressed. For a claim to be openly supported, it must reference public information. Unfortunately, anything that requires payment for access is fundamentally private, and therefore not really 'citeable' at all.

treecityrnd said:
... We wanted to determine the physiological and subjective effects of inhaled marijuana ... in normal subjects across several inhalation-related variables. ...

Unfortunately, insofar as X entity (PubMed) requires payment for access to a resource Y, then X asserts ownership of that resource (and that therefore resource Y is private). I am hoping from your comment that you are the actual 'owner' of the document and that you might be able to provide an open link to it for the general membership of this Forum? Pretty please? :)

treecityrnd said:
This is the MFLB forum, sorry for straying so far off topic.

Actually, this is right on topic: How to use the Box most effectively! Hence my interest in ensuring the widest possible access to your work.

I am also hoping you might know of some research that supports one of our other contentions: that the "milkyness" of a hit is actually an indicator of changing hit chemistry -- and not necessarily for the better. Are you aware of any studies which characterize the relative changes in the percentages of various vapor constituents as a function of temperature?

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
Top Bottom