mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Im thinking about the PA too...I use it pretty often while in the mancave at home. the batteries depleat but I keep recycling through the charger like its my job. Is it worth it to dump the 60 bucks? How long is the cord? I also order the whip for the MFLB and was wondering if anyone thought about having the whip run through some sort of ice cathcer to chill the vape. Not so its "healthier" but big daddy wants bigger HITS! :o

mvapes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The LB works by short-circuiting the battery. The shape of the trench determines the effectiveness of the LB, but the choice and quantity of materials are critical to the operating temperature. The rods and screen are calibrated to provide exactly the amount of resistance that will heat up to vaporizing temperature. Since a Li-Ion 14500 delivers current at three times the voltage of NiMH the LB will get way too hot. So will your battery. You could damage your LB but more importantly, the battery could overheat so quickly that you might have a nasty situation on your hands. I'm not saying it will, but just thinking it through keeps me from wanting to experiment with it. If you do try it, good luck.

pakalolo,
Hello everybody. I've bought two mflb over the past 2 years, one was for me and the other was a gift. I fell in love with its stealthyness when I got it. I've used it successfully in theaters, resteraunts, work, in front of family, and any public place with a bathroom :)
I didnt use it for awhile and went back to smoking. I've just started using it again and found what I have been missing out on!!!
If your not getting good hits read up on the vaporpedia page on teqniques. within a minute I was getting massive hits :)
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...he_recommended_technique_for_using_the_Box.3F

And If anyones needing a home unit I recommend the myrtlezap, for its efficiency.

Mafia Miles,

Hery Vappy

pakalolo said:
Hery Vappy said:
While they did agree to fix/replace my PA there is no warranty on the beta so that may not be everyone's experience.

This is not correct. Magic-Flight gave beta testers a functional replacement warranty without a time limit. see What kind of warranty will the power adapter have?.

Pak, the representative I was in contact with at Magic Flight in regards to my issue told me there was no warranty on the beta PA.

Hery Vappy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
See this post from magicflight.

There must have been some sort of miscommunication. It makes no sense to me that Magic-Flight, of all companies, would leave their beta testers out in the cold.

ETA this:

420.gif

Sorry for cribbing someone else's image, I came unprepared...

pakalolo,

Hery Vappy

I wasn't suggesting Magic Flight would not take care of you if something went wrong with the beta unit, I was only sharing my situation and opinion. The Magic Flight beta PA representative told me they would replace/fix my PA if I sent it in (which may very well fall under the functional warranty you linked from vaporedia above) but there is currently no warranty in place for the beta power adapters. I know that contradicts prior communication from them listed in this thread but its what I was told. I have no agenda against Magic Flight as they have been easily the best company I've ever dealt with from a customer service standpoint so take it for whatever its worth.

Hery Vappy,

live

Was tempted to buy a PA for a while, but I wanted to wait for the retail version. Turns out I'm too impatient, and apparently it'll be pretty close to the final version anyway. Can't wait for it to arrive :D

live,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Hery Vappy said:
The Magic Flight beta PA representative told me they would replace/fix my PA if I sent it in (which may very well fall under the functional warranty you linked from vaporedia above) but there is currently no warranty in place for the beta power adapters. I know that contradicts prior communication from them listed in this thread but its what I was told.

So the rep said if you send it in it will be covered by warranty, but then you say they told you the opposite?

I'm lost, what's going on here?

aesthyrian,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
live said:
Was tempted to buy a PA for a while, but I wanted to wait for the retail version. Turns out I'm too impatient, and apparently it'll be pretty close to the final version anyway. Can't wait for it to arrive :D

+1 :D

And I'm sure that MagicFlight will stand behind their product, BETA or not.

Vaporisateur,

Hery Vappy

"There is no specific warranty in place for the betas. But, I will honor your return if you so choose to return it."

Exact quote from their email. Wait, don't wait, it makes no difference to me I was just sharing my experience with the beta PA.

Hery Vappy,

edame

Well after 7 years my Aromazap has finally given up the ghost. I got a bit of extra life out of it the last couple of months with a bit of soldering but it was always a bit of a dodgy repair. I'm tempted to get another Zap, as I know it works and how to use it well. I'm also considering the MFLB though as I like the idea of being free from a plug socket, and the almost instant heat.

Does anyone know how the MFLB compares with the Zap in terms of efficiency? As you may know the stem ends for the Zap are tiny and so only small pinches are needed. Althought the MFLB looks tiny as well, I can't really tell how much goes into the trench. Has anyone had success using smaller amounts more often or do people just fill it completely and then use when needed?

I've seen the MFLB on ebay UK for about 80 which seems reasonable to avoid any import fees. I can't really afford 2 vapes so it does sound like the MFLB may be a good all-round choice.

Obviously if anyone has any other suggestions for someone on a budget I have time to do some more reading before I decide.

edame,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hery Vappy said:
"There is no specific warranty in place for the betas. But, I will honor your return if you so choose to return it."

Exact quote from their email. Wait, don't wait, it makes no difference to me I was just sharing my experience with the beta PA.

Hi,

It seems like that particular rep was being delightfully minimalist in their explanation of our warranty policy regarding the PA. All Beta PA units are currently under a functional warranty, however, there is as yet no specific _official_limit_ on the duration beta PA warranty. Eventually (we do not know yet), we *may* need to set limits on the duration (or other specifics) regarding warranty for the Beta PA units, but have not done so yet, and have no immediate plans to do so. Part of the reason for doing a Beta is to learn what is right in this regard. As mentioned before, it is likely that we will have it be a lifetime warranty on the PA units -- at least as long as it is possible for us to make them, given available parts and supplies. This factor has yet to be determined -- hence the lack of "specifics".

Therefore, if you have a PA unit, and for some reason it is not working properly, please send it back to us so that we can issue a new/repaired and known to be functional PA unit. This replacement warranty will not change for at least years. As with the Box itself, there are certain standard exclusions: units which have been lost or stolen, units which have been deliberately damaged, etc. Also, in some circumstances (international, etc.) some shipping charges may apply.

If there are questions, please ask.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

CowGuy

Would it be worth it to buy a pack of eneloops with the charger if I already have the MFLB one, or just get the eneloops.

CowGuy,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Just a heads up for all, while browsing blisssvile i came upon some new items!

There are now glass stems available!, along with "desktop" and "party" whip sizes at 2 and 3 feet.

Vaporgin.,

Surf Monkey

edame: I think the MFLB makes a great personal vape. It's not well suited to using in groups, though.

Surf Monkey,

jak5

magicflight said:
Hery Vappy said:

Hi,

It seems like that particular rep was being delightfully minimalist in their explanation of our warranty policy regarding the PA. All Beta PA units are currently under a functional warranty, however, there is as yet no specific _official_limit_ on the duration beta PA warranty. Eventually (we do not know yet), we *may* need to set limits on the duration (or other specifics) regarding warranty for the Beta PA units, but have not done so yet, and have no immediate plans to do so. Part of the reason for doing a Beta is to learn what is right in this regard. As mentioned before, it is likely that we will have it be a lifetime warranty on the PA units -- at least as long as it is possible for us to make them, given available parts and supplies. This factor has yet to be determined -- hence the lack of "specifics".

Therefore, if you have a PA unit, and for some reason it is not working properly, please send it back to us so that we can issue a new/repaired and known to be functional PA unit. This replacement warranty will not change for at least years. As with the Box itself, there are certain standard exclusions: units which have been lost or stolen, units which have been deliberately damaged, etc. Also, in some circumstances (international, etc.) some shipping charges may apply.

If there are questions, please ask.

-- Magic-Flight

Around when can we expect an official release of the PA?

jak5,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
I've been "waiting" to buy the production PA since the beta came out and just caved in and bought it a few moments ago. I'm very excited to receive it and put it through extensive testing.

Vaporgin.,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Has anyone used the whip for the MFLB? I just ordered it but wanted some insight?

mvapes,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Mvapes, the whip is nice... Cools the vapor efficiently and it's quality hose... Good for linking the LB to your favorite water filtration device

wake n blake,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I bought the whips eons ago just to get the tiny stems as I prefer those over the longer stems they now offer. I honestly felt it is easier to feel/control the heat/draw speed with a stem. The whip did work fine though, I just prefer stems. The whips come with 2 small stems attached at each end.

Lo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, have been using my PA for a couplea weeks now, I am finding it a hellova lot mo better than batteries any day. Have only had a couple problems with getting my draw technique and temp. control right at the same time. I have been stoking a fire in it more than I would like. Its still tricky, I have been shakn the hell out of it after every draw to make sure that no stone is left unturned. This really helps to prevent kindling a flame, have rolled back the temp dial a slight bump, and draw harder. Its a process that takes time, I am getting the hang of it. I did have to get the batteries out the other day and was not fond of that idea, the PA has spoiled me.

Ed's TnT,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Thanks guys, im looking forward to the whip...I'm planning on running through a cooling chamber and I am stoked to get it. I actually started to really enjoy hitting it native but it tends to irritate my throat when warm. Ive also been playing with the Volatizer M2, anyone have any experience with it? Its a cool device but definately a huge learning curve.

:peace:

mvapes,

Learner

Magicflight, Ed.

Is there any specific gravity that you all are limited to when working with wood? Are some woods too hard?

Learner,

BuddahMonk

Vaporgin. said:
Just a heads up for all, while browsing blisssvile i came upon some new items!

There are now glass stems available!, along with "desktop" and "party" whip sizes at 2 and 3 feet.

Thanks for the heads up. :tup: Also noticed that the price of the MFLB kit is higher now.

BuddahMonk,
Top Bottom