qwertypop1

been around the block
it still functions fine, the screen is just as i left it, but it can be pushed down if on accident now. i just don't get why the hell it won't fit back in place, just jams up when i try to shove the last few millimeters in place.

qwertypop1,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I read that the o-ring can only be put in place by a special tool that MF uses during the procution process. I'd shoot them an email to find out for certain.

:peace:

Stu,

qwertypop1

been around the block
really wish my dumb ass had caught that memo in this giant thread :lol: well, i'll see how this goes i guess

qwertypop1,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Whats up everyone, just found a new found love for the MFLB. Originally got the unit with a bum charger and never had given it a full chance until recently. I have to say, im blown away with it. Great taste, easy to use, and as stealth as it gets. No more Iolite in a cup and hitting it like I was drinking from a straw whilst everyone watched as I hissed in the theater...lol. Anyone use the whip for the unit? Im thinking about ordering it but if its its a waste let me know. I would appreciate any tips offered to make my sessions better if possible. Thanks guys.

Oh yeah, quick question. I used the brush with some ISO and the screen came clean pretty nicely but I still seem to get that smell ond taste of burnt popcorn. Any ideas? It tainted the taste of some HEADIE yesterday...dont get me wrong, I was higher than charlie sheens ego but I love that taste that only a good vape could give.

mvapes,

caseball2051

glad you finally got it working, mvapes. I knew you must have had a defective unit.

As far as cleaning goes, i thought i have read that the method you used was not recommended. I dont come to this thread as much as I used to, but when I did the burning method was king.

Leave battery in for about 30-45 seconds (makign sure battery doenst get too hot) then taking it out. this should burn off and clean the screen.

refer to the vaporpedia entry for addiitional info. Pakalo (spelled that wrong) puts alot of time into that entry.

caseball2051,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
mvapes said:
Whats up everyone, just found a new found love for the MFLB. Originally got the unit with a bum charger and never had given it a full chance until recently. I have to say, im blown away with it. Great taste, easy to use, and as stealth as it gets. No more Iolite in a cup and hitting it like I was drinking from a straw whilst everyone watched as I hissed in the theater...lol. Anyone use the whip for the unit? Im thinking about ordering it but if its its a waste let me know. I would appreciate any tips offered to make my sessions better if possible. Thanks guys.

Oh yeah, quick question. I used the brush with some ISO and the screen came clean pretty nicely but I still seem to get that smell ond taste of burnt popcorn. Any ideas? It tainted the taste of some HEADIE yesterday...dont get me wrong, I was higher than charlie sheens ego but I love that taste that only a good vape could give.

Never cleaned my MFLB with ISO. Give it a good 20 trenches or so and then the taste and temperature will be much better. Just keep it clean with the brush supplied.

Happy LB! :)

Vaporisateur,

willieR

Been here since 2009
PeaceLuvPot said:
Well it seems to work fine, short of the visible vapor. It will blacken a trench if I leave the battery in, and it does get me blazed. So, I am ok with it.

Doesn't seem to be defective, then. If the unit will heat up enough to blacken (assuming this doesn't take more than a minute) then technique can pull off vapor at temps leading right up to combustion. If the unit will heat to 400+ then you can pull vape off at whatever tempo you like prior to combustion. THis sounds like a technique issue.

willieR,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Of course you can use the MF brush ith a little rubbing alcohol or high grade alcohol, brush the screen, then put a battery, then heat it no more then 15 sec. with lid open and no material: you'll see fumes form the alcohol evaporating...repeat process till you see no more smoke...VOILA, your MF is clean as new (and no after taste what so ever)!

FLskwat,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Sweet, thanks for all the help. I just ordered the cherry mouthpiece as well as the whip. I'm psyched to try it. Does anyone ever use the carb on the rear of the MFLB? I know that airflow is key to its process but I was just wondering.

And whats up with the BETA PA? Any thoughts? Its kinda pricey but if its worth it im all in.

mvapes,

caseball2051

the power adapter has gotten great reviews from the people that have it. It really depends how you use your launch box, and what other vapes you have, if any.

For me though, it isnt a good fit. i have a myrtlezap and Magickwand for home use so to spend 60$ on an adapter to use my LB at home isnt really worth it for me. If you have no other vapes at home then it might be worth it for you to invest in the power adapter. Thats your call though.

I use my box when out and about. So batteries are the way to go for me.

caseball2051,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mvapes said:
Sweet, thanks for all the help. I just ordered the cherry mouthpiece as well as the whip. I'm psyched to try it. Does anyone ever use the carb on the rear of the MFLB? I know that airflow is key to its process but I was just wondering.

And whats up with the BETA PA? Any thoughts? Its kinda pricey but if its worth it im all in.

There is no carb on the back of the LB. See 4.26 What is the smaller hole on the other end for? Do I lose vapor from it?

It is possible to choke the airflow by the way you hold the LB. I wrote about this earlier in this thread. Someone commented that he found this method hard to use, and it does take practice. On the other hand, you can always use tape or choke the air intake some other way.

My preference is to hit the LB native, no restrictions on the intake.

pakalolo,

al bundy

Vaporist
qwertypop1 said:
it still functions fine, the screen is just as i left it, but it can be pushed down if on accident now. i just don't get why the hell it won't fit back in place, just jams up when i try to shove the last few millimeters in place.

try a small screwdriver for eyeglasses?
or cut the o ring and cut off the excess??
be careful around the screen.

the part that is sticking up can you lay the box on its side and tap it it?

al bundy,

qwertypop1

been around the block
first, al bundy thanks for the interest in helping a jackass with his minor problem :D

i've tried using small tools (blunt tweezers) to pinch it into place and i was considering just cutting the o-ring a bit with a razor, or trying to locate one in home depot that fit properly. i am being EXTREMELY careful around the screen

i'm not sure what you mean by tapping it in? it just like does not want to fit. maybe a video is worthwhile?

qwertypop1,

Learner

Trying out the Cuisinart DCG-20BK coffee grinder. Will edit post with results.

Edit.

This ginder grinds fine. The lid has some corners where dust will accumulate. Lid doesn't click shut.

Learner,
Owing to the praise the MFLB has received I purchased one from puffitup a few weeks back (still waiting for it, but I'm in the UK, so hopefully it'll arrive soon).

I'm probably going to be sharing it with friends and wondered how much scope there is for this using the stock batteries that come with the unit. Would it be reasonable to assume that one fully charged stock battery will suffice for someone who isn't a regular user?

I should confess that I've only smoked once in my life (last year) and loved the experience. Music and food were particular highlights. Anyway, I haven't gone back to it because smoking wasn't for me, but I wondered if vaporizing with the MFLB will produce some of the things I experienced during smoking, e.g. will it affect my taste buds in the sense that, although the sensation of eating was amazing, my ability to perceive taste was dulled?

I've seen a few videos and read some ideas about the best methodology for using the MFLB effectively and the advice tends to vary, but is there a particular method of using it that would be best suited to a novice who wants to get more out of music and food but doesn't want to end up feeling too heavy and wasted? I realise this is also contingent on what goes in the MFLB. There is a popular video on YouTube of a woman reviewing the MFLB (if you type its full name into Google or YT she should be the first video link) and the way she uses it looks quite elegant. Would that be a good method?

Thanks

the quiet earth,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
Just got shipping confirmation on my Launch Box. Been using my SSV for a while now and decided I'd like to vaporize on the go as I've pretty much completely converted to vapor. I'm waiting anxiously for the mail man. :) Super happy to finally have one of my own. I've heard so many good things about them and used my buddies a few times and loved it.

Cerpintaxtt,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I put in an order straight from Blissville for some stems and battery accessories and whatnot... I think I ordered Friday or Saturday, and got my little package today ha... they're like that sandwich company, freaky fast.

I really like the whip... and I got a few extra stems cause accidents happen.

and I didn't even mention I was an FC member.

Thanks Frederick and Ariel.

EDIT

so if you go to your local hardware store--take one of your stems with you--and play around with rubber grommets... you can get one for like $0.50 (or cheaper) that does this

2011-05-09 22.24.10 by blake.t.morgan, on Flickr

EDIT x2

2011-05-09 22.37.02 by blake.t.morgan, on Flickr

wake n blake,

snakeman

Hery Vappy said:
al bundy said:
Hery Vappy said:
My power adapter stopped working after a week! The cord from the "battery" to the dial has become loose and the connection appears to be lost. Ive contacted MF and Blisssville this morning but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. I had to replace my LB after a month and now the PA after a week, I'm starting to doubt the quality of the manufacturing of Magic Flight I hate to say. Im sure they will replace my PA, as they did with my LB, but its a hassle. I just want to use their product :) I am a late 30's nine to fiver that is pretty boring so its not like I'm raging with these things in frat parties, I'm just sitting on my couch and being as careful as possible. Sorry for the rant but I'm just frustrated.

it is in beta mode and they will fix you .
call them on you can e mail them or call them on the phone.
i know how you feel though.

post a pic if you can.

Nothing appears to be broken so a picture wouldn't help. I got it to kind of work last night but the power flickers on and off now as if its got a weak connection or is shorting out. I'm not an electrician though so I don't know for sure. The battery connection (2 small screws) is definately secure as I tightened it twice. I just want it work :shrug:

I've had my PA for about a two months and it has developed a short in the cord just below the battery. I have to bend it in a U shape to make it work. I emailed MF last week but haven't heard back from them.

snakeman,

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
I'm minding my own business one night last week, catching up on Mother Jones magazine
when a small classified ad-almost the exact same size as the MFLB-catches my eye.
Something about a portable electric vaporizer that's tiny, discreet and flame free. I knew next to nothing about vaping but recently acquired some herb for the 1st time in years, so
I was curious.

After more than two hours researching online I end up on FC skimming through this thread, thinking: 1) I have to get to bed 2) I have to get an LB. 3 days later I've got one and am wondering what to do with all my pipes, matches and lighters. All because
of an MFLB sized ad in Mother Jones and the FC forum.

Have always appreciated convenience and discretion. One hitters were my favorite tool for years (decades, actually).
But as a bit of a health nut the flame free aspect really appeals. Not to mention the efficiency. Cheers to the MFLB. Health 'n stealth.

esrever,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
anyone stuck a 14500 into an MFLB? wonder if it would lite up, or just glow red

but im especially wondering if a protection circuit module could limit the drain rate to make it like a tiny PA

protected cells come with whatever circuit that's built in, but unprotected you can strap on tiny boards that have different discharge limits (2, 5, 6, 10 amps)

or, because of the difference in chemistry would they just pop? (so what about Li-Po or LiFePo4?)

or, would the measurements of the trough need to be changed due to the increase in voltage/current? would that be possible? increase/decrease the resistance thru choice of material/shape?

VWFringe,

DaftDrunk

I've been using my trusty MFLB since July of 2010 with no issues whatsoever. The only 'problem' I had with it were the rechargeable batteries. The MFLB crew finally released a PA beta and I ordered as soon as I heard about it.

First off, kudos to the team for shipping the PA so quickly. I received mine in less than a week!

As for the PA itself, it's exactly what I imagined it would be. It feels like I'm hitting a fresh battery every time. When I try using the PA with full power though I hear a very low sounding buzz. Is that normal? I use the PA with slightly less than full power, just in case.

The build quality is nearly impeccable. I have one slight concern with it though. The base of the black cable that connects the battery with the base seems loose. I've highlighted the area I'm talking about with this picture:

1px13.jpg

I hope this looseness doesn't cause the PA to stop working after a few weeks of use.

All in all I'm very satisfied with the PA. Thanks MFLB team for once again, improving my quality of life!

DaftDrunk,

Hery Vappy

DaftDrunk said:
I've been using my trusty MFLB since July of 2010 with no issues whatsoever. The only 'problem' I had with it were the rechargeable batteries. The MFLB crew finally released a PA beta and I ordered as soon as I heard about it.

First off, kudos to the team for shipping the PA so quickly. I received mine in less than a week!

As for the PA itself, it's exactly what I imagined it would be. It feels like I'm hitting a fresh battery every time. When I try using the PA with full power though I hear a very low sounding buzz. Is that normal? I use the PA with slightly less than full power, just in case.

The build quality is nearly impeccable. I have one slight concern with it though. The base of the black cable that connects the battery with the base seems loose. I've highlighted the area I'm talking about with this picture:

http://imgur.com/1px13.jpg

I hope this looseness doesn't cause the PA to stop working after a few weeks of use.

All in all I'm very satisfied with the PA. Thanks MFLB team for once again, improving my quality of life!

That area you circled is loose on mine too. The power would "short" out periidically unless I bent the cord a certain way after only a few days if use. I sent it back on Friday and am awaiting a fixed unit or a replacement. My advicefor anyone considering the beta....wait for the retail unit. It appears they haven't worked everything out yet. While they did agree to fix/replace my PA there is no warranty on the beta so that may not be everyone's experience. I hope we hear from Magic Flight in regards to this issue (loose base cord/power flucuations) on this forum as it now appears there have been 3 people with a similar problem.

Hery Vappy,
Top Bottom