max

Out to lunch
I am happy with my stock batteries. Has anyone switched to the 2700 mahas and been surprised by the increase in quality?
The stock bats are also MAHA (low discharge), and I can't tell much difference. If you have both types, charged and sitting in a drawer, the Imedions are gonna stay strong, while the 2700s lose their charge. If you charge the 2700s and then use 'em, they'll provide a little more juice than the LD 2400s before needing a recharge.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
eddy said:
I agree, but I don't think I can use it class or the subway as is :)

I really doubt anybody will give you a second look on the subway. Subways and buses are like elevators: everyone tries not to notice the rest of the passengers. Besides, anyone who recognizes what you're doing is almost certain to be cool with it. If you don't use a LB or haven't been told what it is, there's not much chance of guessing that it's a device for consuming weed--unless the user is careless and allows vapour to escape or be exhaled, then there is a slight chance the odour will alert someone. Even then most people who recognize the smell are not likely to do anything. As far as class goes, in a lecture auditorium nobody will notice, or if they do they won't likely care. In a small classroom, you'd have to be more careful but I'd do it.

pakalolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Learner said:
Edit, added: Stopped by the blisssville site, Ed's Tote'n Tokes wood stems are sold there now too. nice.
I was wondering when this would show up!

Got my PA yesterday, very nicely made, and seems to work really well. I have only had enough time to run one trench through it, cranked the dial all the way up, got 3 hella charged hits, big heavy clouds, left me choking!!! I immediately did the 2 zip ties on the end of the cable that screws into the battery portion, just seems like a good idea, thanks daddygreenjeans! I really look forward to running a few more trenches through it.

Thanks MF for the goodie, I will be emailing you feedback soon!

Edited: to add a thanks to JDSupreme for the informative videos bro, I do appreciate it!

Ed's TnT,

eddy

Magic Flight Launched
max said:
I am happy with my stock batteries. Has anyone switched to the 2700 mahas and been surprised by the increase in quality?
The stock bats are also MAHA (low discharge), and I can't tell much difference. If you have both types, charged and sitting in a drawer, the Imedions are gonna stay strong, while the 2700s lose their charge. If you charge the 2700s and then use 'em, they'll provide a little more juice than the LD 2400s before needing a recharge.
Yeah I guess it's no big deal. I just used a battery that had been used for a small trench, and I almost toasted it.

I think my box runs hot, which makes for really nice hits. So vaked right now :ko:

eddy,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
i haven't said this in awhile,,,,, I LOVE MY POWER ADAPTER, haven't used a battery since i got it!

thank you MAGIC-FLIGHT............

medme,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
eddy said:
Different question. I am happy with my stock batteries. Has anyone switched to the 2700 mahas and been surprised by the increase in quality?

Honestly, MFLB is so kick ass.

Hey Eddy, I have a bunch of batts, including 6 of the stock ones (bought directly off blisssville and/or vapeworld or whatever that place is called-- nice guys there), probably 4 low discharge ansmann 2500 mah and 4 maha 2700s.

i initially thought the higher rating would mean more power output from the batt, but this is not true to my experience. i work at a robotics firm with a bunch of electrical engineers and i asked them about this once, and they said that if the voltage is constant the power output will be the same. but the voltage will not be constant and the battery with the lower power rating will start dropping its voltage faster than the higher rated battery. not sure how much truth there is to this but these guys usually know what they are talking about.

so, it would seem that the higher rated batt should not only last longer but generate more output. but i have not found this to be true. or if it is, the difference is not stark enough for me to notice. i really don't notice a diff in longevity either but there obviously is a difference, i just have not paid attention probably.

frankly, for some unknown reason, i prefer the ones i bought from blisssville and vapeworld (think i got my lb from vapeworld and bought some extras, and then picked some up from blisssville later) -- the stock batts. i am not sure why, i just find myself reaching for those over the others even though i know they carry no benefit over the others in reality .

i did buy the maha c-900 or 9000 or whatever it is called charger. real fancy. again, i thought this charger would do something to my old batts to make them more powerful, outputting more power, allowing me to take quicker but more powerful hits, but i have not found this to be true, no matter what the science behind all this dictates. instead, i find that batts last a little longer now that i did the whole refresh and analyze etc. stuff with this charger. the charger is also good for slow charging, which is what i do these days. was it a good purchase, this charger? i am not exactly sure, since it does cost some cash. it is obviously nice to have longer lasting batts while on the move (although, most of the time i don't really go out long enough to need more than 2-3 batts which is easy to carry in a pocket, and if i do go out for long enough, then i prepare and carry more batts, those batt carrying cases come handy then, or i just roll joints, so it is kind of a wash for me.)

the PA seems like a great idea, but for some reason i am not interested at the moment. a thing i like about the lb is there is nothing tying it to an electrical outlet, and i wanna keep it that way. got others for home use. the claims of more power output make the pa very attractive to me though. i may pick one up at some point.

sorry for the long post, i can't seem to say something without making it a long assed rant hehe.

edit:

oh, also wanted to say: the boston t is what the subway is called here. no issues for me. i don't use a juice carton etc to hide the box (though, you fuckers with the creative camouflage are brilliant!) and never really had a problem. but, sure, if you want to get creative like the guys above, the juice carton and the coke thing are very awesome and definitely would make things less sketchy i'd imagine! boston is a college town and smoking weed isn't really a big deal, so ymmv. def be careful if you can help it brother. (just noticed you're from new york city. you'll be fine vaping on the subway.)

obelisk,

collegerower

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that uses the box on the T!

we will have to keep an eye out for each other!

collegerower,

Surf Monkey

Mainly what you'll find with these batteries is a difference in how long they last, not in how much power they output under load. They're designed to discharge under load at a certain rate. The mAH ratings are about how long they'll output power.

Personally, I think quick chargers (the 15 minute variety) are over rated. Slow chargers are fine. Just get one with four or more slots and buy a handful of bats. It's easy to get into a rotation on batteries to the point that it's basically a "set it and forget it" type situation IMO.

Surf Monkey,

obelisk

collegerower said:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that uses the box on the T!

we will have to keep an eye out for each other!

ha, we sure do. if you ever see a retarded, beige-colored dude puffing away at his fist on the t, you'll know it is me! do not hesitate to say hello, the foam coming out of my mouth is a prop, i swear!

hey btw, if you are interested, bela fleck and the flecktones are playing in lowell sometime in july (8th iirc). just found out today. woot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPBmyFsfyPc
(part 2 is where the fun begins)

obelisk,

Carbon

Is there a car adapter with a cigarette lighter plug rather than for a wall outlet? I have read something about it being an additional $7, but I'm not clear on what's going on with this. I don't see it on the website.

Carbon,

MG23

Relaxin'
Carbon said:
Is there a car adapter with a cigarette lighter plug rather than for a wall outlet? I have read something about it being an additional $7, but I'm not clear on what's going on with this. I don't see it on the website.

I use my PD car adapter.

MG23,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Carbon said:
I actually just ordered a PA today w/ an auto adapter and MF informed me they are on backorder for about 8 weeks. Big thanks to Matty for the info, I'm going to place an order for a PD adapter right away.

AgentofChaos,

Learner

Ya'll driving and vaping? Damn I know driving high can be done, but having paraphernalia out while driving seem like asking to be made an example of. js.

Learner,

jak5

A few months ago I remember Magicflight posting, saying the official PA's would be available in early May. Has there been any update on this from magicflight that i missed?

jak5,

chucku

Charles Urbane
chucku,

Hery Vappy

My power adapter stopped working after a week! The cord from the "battery" to the dial has become loose and the connection appears to be lost. Ive contacted MF and Blisssville this morning but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. I had to replace my LB after a month and now the PA after a week, I'm starting to doubt the quality of the manufacturing of Magic Flight I hate to say. Im sure they will replace my PA, as they did with my LB, but its a hassle. I just want to use their product :) I am a late 30's nine to fiver that is pretty boring so its not like I'm raging with these things in frat parties, I'm just sitting on my couch and being as careful as possible. Sorry for the rant but I'm just frustrated.

Hery Vappy,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^^^ Just for my own curiosity- was it the end of the cable near the 'battery' or the dimmer which got loose?

If it was that batterty end you've had wear loose, I'm just wondering if I should add Daddygreenjeans style cable ties to mine. I have noticed a bit of stress on those two screws on the battery cable connection when in use- partly because my LB is quite a tight fit (I made it so for my particular batts). It's compounded by the fact I have to take the cable/battery out in order to get a satisfactory shake and shift of the trench, which means it's suffering multiple stresses per trench.

I don't think mine suffers too much stress at the dimmer end of that cable, and the screwed end is the only place I could imagine problems.

And I wouldn't doubt magic flight too much. I'm confident they'll set you right and you'll have a fully working, top quality set up. Even if it takes a couple of goes. If their workmanship was bad, then I don't think they'd stand by it as steadfastly as they do. :2c:

WatTyler,

obelisk

I cannot believe nobody commented on how much they liked the Bela Fleck video I linked above. That is the best version of Sinister Minister ever. :( Go watch it now! hehe, kidding. Off to work I go.

Vappy, sorry to hear about your PA. I am sure LB will take care of you though. I have a serious love and hate relationship (more towards love the past few months) with the LB, and I am probably one of the few guys around who thinks that MFLB dude can be pretty condescending at times, but he does seem to take care of his customers, gotta give him that much. All electronic (and software) products have a chance of failing man, I would not doubt MF's manufacturing abilities just yet. :2c: I do understand your frustration though!

obelisk,

Hery Vappy

Yeah tightened the screws near the battery just in case but its the end of the cord near the dimmer or dial. It now pulls in and out about an eighth of an inch which leads be to believe the connection has been severed. I have no idea how it happened although the shortness of that cord (one of my compliants a few posts ago) has caused it to drop off my table and dangle midair as I've brought it up to my mouth for a hit. I only have my experience so that is the basis of my manufacturing comment. I have read this whole thread and actively follow it so I know 2 things 1) The majority of people have had no problems and love the MFLB, 2) the warranty is the best you can find anywhere. That said I'm still disappointed I have togo through the process again so soon. Not looking for special treatment, handouts,etc or having an intellectual debate with Magic Flight (I would surely lose), I just want to have my rig work because I love this vape.

Hery Vappy,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
chucku said:
But the Zapman will get it to you much faster.

Yes, he will get ONE lower quality adapter to you faster.

So yes, you pay to not wait. I'm just trying to save some patient folks some cash and let them in on a good deal that I know isn't a scam since I have waited for my order to arrive before endorsing it. 5 for the price of one seemed like a killer deal to me.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom