Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
JDSupreme said:
spentskeeper said:
is it possible that my PA isn't as hot as it was? doesn't seem to be working as well, I have to turn it up more. has anybody has this problem? Thanks

Try this. I posted it a few pages back in this thread ...

Yesterday I noticed that on full power the LB light wasn't as bright as it used to be. It def worked, but was slacking off. So then I noticed that the housing around the activate button had ever so slighly come loose. Like the + end, there are 2 tiny raised dots on the disks surrounding the button. I turned it about a half a turn or so and tightened up. BOOM!!! I think the light is brighter than originally and it hits harder than ever!!!
The connection must have somewhat loosened up and a quick tighten (and now I know to keep and eye on it) was the trick. Seriously, it hits like a freight train again

Can you indicate with a diagram where you tightened it? I just think it would be good for future maintenance and troubleshooting purposes. In the event you do, thanks in advance!

Bluntcrush,

tompumped

I was a little confused as to where the tightening took place also.

I didn't know about the lacrosse chargers, I would've bought that instead of the energizer 15 min. Hopefully mine works fine.

Well it's day two and this thing is just flat out awesome. I can't believe how long the batteries last and the trench. I thought the batteries would discharge much sooner. So far i'm just using the stockers.

tompumped,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Bluntcrush said:
JDSupreme said:
spentskeeper said:
is it possible that my PA isn't as hot as it was? doesn't seem to be working as well, I have to turn it up more. has anybody has this problem? Thanks

Try this. I posted it a few pages back in this thread ...

Yesterday I noticed that on full power the LB light wasn't as bright as it used to be. It def worked, but was slacking off. So then I noticed that the housing around the activate button had ever so slighly come loose. Like the + end, there are 2 tiny raised dots on the disks surrounding the button. I turned it about a half a turn or so and tightened up. BOOM!!! I think the light is brighter than originally and it hits harder than ever!!!
The connection must have somewhat loosened up and a quick tighten (and now I know to keep and eye on it) was the trick. Seriously, it hits like a freight train again

Can you indicate with a diagram where you tightened it? I just think it would be good for future maintenance and troubleshooting purposes. In the event you do, thanks in advance!

just look on the ends of the power adapter battery. The one end (+) has the nipple in the middle of the ring, the other (-) has the black button in the middle. The rings have tiny raised dots. They wont budge if they in place. If you still want pics let me know and ill throw em up when I get back to the Vape Den.

JDSupreme,

sundaddy

Yeah, the whole 1 battery for 1 trench thing is a bit overblown. I rip all day on 1 battery. About 6, - 5 to 7 hit trenches.

sundaddy,

mmm

Hey everyone, joined this forum while doing some research about the MFLB. Im thinking about getting one, and from what Ive read their really a great product all around. Im pretty new to the world of vaporizers (Ive never smoked either) and I thought that this would be a great first vape to get. Will it be sufficient for those nights when a single friend and I use it?

Also, how do I get the opportunity to buy an AC adapter?

Thanks!

mmm,

lwien

willieR said:

The BC-700 would be the better choice than the 500, but do NOT buy it at the current price. It's jacked up wayyy too high. It was at 29.99 just a few days ago.

So, either the BC 700 at 30 bucks or the C9000 at 50 bucks.

One more bit of advice. If you do get the 700, do not use the default charging rates at 200mah. It's way too low and could miss termination. Change the rate to 700mah.

lwien,

rtwoite

sundaddy said:
Yeah, the whole 1 battery for 1 trench thing is a bit overblown. I rip all day on 1 battery. About 6, - 5 to 7 hit trenches.
same here, never used more than two batteries in a day.

rtwoite,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien, you are always such a great resource here. Thanks a lot! I'll see if I can find the BC-700 cheaper.

willieR,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
mmm said:
Hey everyone, joined this forum while doing some research about the MFLB. Im thinking about getting one, and from what Ive read their really a great product all around. Im pretty new to the world of vaporizers (Ive never smoked either) and I thought that this would be a great first vape to get. Will it be sufficient for those nights when a single friend and I use it?

Thanks!

Hi mmm, welcome to the forum. I think that this vape is a good one for a "first vape" and it was the one I picked when buying one for a friend. You certainly can't beat the warranty and it works like a little champ. It is subjective, however, whether or not this is the vape for sharing. There are those who think this is a one person vape, and those who don't. I think, however, with the new power adaptor, it would work better for more than one person than it does with just the batteries....maybe those who already have theirs can chime in here? If you do decide that you want the power adaptor too, the link to purchase it is here:

https://magic-flight.com:4200/buydpab/ar_home

Good luck with your decision. :)

momofthegoons,

mmm

momofthegoons said:
mmm said:

Thanks!

Hi mmm, welcome to the forum. I think that this vape is a good one for a "first vape" and it was the one I picked when buying one for a friend. You certainly can't beat the warranty and it works like a little champ. It is subjective, however, whether or not this is the vape for sharing. There are those who think this is a one person vape, and those who don't. I think, however, with the new power adaptor, it would work better for more than one person than it does with just the batteries....maybe those who already have theirs can chime in here? If you do decide that you want the power adaptor too, the link to purchase it is here:

https://magic-flight.com:4200/buydpab/ar_home

Good luck with your decision. :)

Thanks for the info and link! Im almost 90% sure that Ill be getting the MFLB at this point. I may be getting the power adapter depending on how I like it with batteries.

I also had one other question. I have heard about people being able to retain their warrenty without sending their old box in. Like if I use one for a while and it breaks but I cant send it in, will they give me a new one? Also, if that second one has problems, will they replace it too? This is all saying that I will be able to provide the serial number and pictures of it if they wanted.

mmm,

tompumped

I missed the part where you were talking about the power adapter, maybe that's why I was confused. Anyway I don't have a PA , I will probably buy one in the distant future.

But for now I spent money on amazon for the energizer 15 min charger and the powerex 2700s. I was reading the wiki page for the MFLB that's why I bought the energizer charger. I should've went with another though it seems. I guess i'll post a review of the charger and batteries for anyone who might care. I'm pretty sure I just have to be careful to not put the stock batteries in the energizer charger!

Thanks for all the info people, this is good stuff.

-EDIT- How come there's no serial number on my box. I just went to the linked page just to see how much the PA is only to find out there's no serial number on my box? I wonder if i'll be able to still purchase one without it? It's the newer design with the o ring and the battery push back thing, also it's a lighter color.

tompumped,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
take a picture of the back of your box^
the number should be above the slit for the neg contact ring on the bottom of the box, im pretty sure all mflb's come with a serial so if it is missing it is probably a large concern :/

Edit:here is an example of the serial in the top righthand corner
800px-MFLB_0002.jpg

Vaporgin.,

tompumped

I'll post a pic tomorrow, but there is definitely no serial number on my box!

I wonder why, it says the same thing yours does, but there's no serial number.

I'd like to see what the REP from magic flight has to say about this. I hope this doesn't affect my warranty, but maybe i'll never have to use it.

tompumped,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
tompumped said:

I'd like to see what the REP from magic flight has to say about this. I hope this doesn't affect my warranty, but maybe i'll never have to use it.

Sounds like it was removed. hmmmmm def want to see pics is there scratches where that number should be?

JDSupreme,

Five

mmm said:

Thanks!

I would say that the MFLB makes a great two person vape. I share mine daily with my roommate and occasionally even with friends who come by. I would suggest getting an AC adapter if you plan on having many group sessions. I've had up to 5 people passing it around and while we all got our share of toasty, it kills bats so quickly :(

Speaking of the adapter, I ordered mine last week. Does anyone have any ETA? Or any clues or guesses as to how long it will take to ship/arrive?

Five,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
tompumped, this was posted by Magic Flight a few pages back.

magicflight said:
Alert:

For those of you who may be considering purchasing your Magic-Flight Launch Boxes online, please pay particular attention that you are working with a reputable vendor. It has come to our attention recently that a stolen Box was being re-sold on Ebay. The vendor was attempting to protect their fraudulent activities by sanding off parts of the engraving on the back. Unfortunately, a customer who purchases a unit that is in any way deliberately damaged cannot be covered by our warranty.

In the same way that you would not want to purchase a used car from anyone who had sanded off the VIN numbers, you will definitely want to report any vendors who are engaged in deceitful practices. If you or someone you know has purchased a Box that does not have the complete engraving on the back, please 1) flag that vendor as illegitimate in the forum where they do business, and 2) let us know by sending us an email with what information you have. This is necessary so that other purchasers do not fall into the same trap. Of course, you will also want to see if you can get your money back -- on Ebay for example, you can declare the product as "materially not as described" and force the vendor to issue a refund.

-- Magic-Flight

momofthegoons,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
tompumped said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, not having a serial number does affect the warranty. We can offer a one time exception to you, but only if you provide us with ALL available information about where you purchased it from, how recently you made the purchase, etc. It would be especially helpful for us to have a clear picture of the packaging, the invoice, the return address label, etc. We need to know the details and the particulars as soon as you are able. Please contact us via the email on the link to the left of this post and we can provide you with instructions on next steps.

We are very committed to providing continued warranty service to all of our customers. To enable this process to be sustainable, we really need people to assist us in tracking down possible fraudulent activity, particularly with online vendor purchases.

Thanks in advance,
-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

tompumped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...NR2AQbg%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SELLER IF THIS IS THE CASE!

Just my luck, it seems I purchased a box that has had the number sanded off.
I will open up a paypal dispute right now and see where it goes from there. I have never opened up a paypal dispute for this reason.
I'm guessing i'll have to take pictures, and explain that the item can never be warrantied because the serial number was sanded off.

I threw out the box it was shipped in. I will follow your instructions after I open up the paypal dispute.

thank you I'm glad I came here now, i'd like to see the seller get arrested if they're stolen. That would be priceless! scumbags!

tompumped,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh wow! They've had a number of them listed too! Paypal should side with you on the dispute :( This sucks!!

I hope MF can contact eBay and have them shut down...seems like they've listed and sold a number of LB's :mad: and sell other vapes as well. Not cool!

Lo,
Top Bottom