Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
hereatlast said:
That's my usage as well. I use the box when on my bicycle pretty often (not so much now that its getting colder) and always take the ring out for that purpose.

That's why I love this thing :), I can use it literally anywhere, so I don't have to worry about freezing. I've done it in my room, inside the school, at a hockey game, and even on the city bus ;).

As for the push-back ring I haven't tried the LB without it; but it hasn't become a nuisance yet so I just like to keep it in, especially when I use it with others because they're vape-noobs :).

Blackthoven,

Mr. X

I'm potentially very interested in this thing. I had a hot box before but that died a little bit ago.

One of the main things that got me interested in this was the warranty. From what I've read, all I need to do is send the company my serial number and maybe describe my problem, and they just send me a new one, is that correct? I'll probably buy it in a heartbeat if that's the case - many of the warranties want you to send the thing back, which seems unsmart to me for those who have "used" it in a certain manner. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so I'd really like to know for sure before I invest.

Mr. X,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Mr. X said:
I'm potentially very interested in this thing. I had a hot box before but that died a little bit ago.

One of the main things that got me interested in this was the warranty. From what I've read, all I need to do is send the company my serial number and maybe describe my problem, and they just send me a new one, is that correct? I'll probably buy it in a heartbeat if that's the case - many of the warranties want you to send the thing back, which seems unsmart to me for those who have "used" it in a certain manner. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so I'd really like to know for sure before I invest.

I haven't had to use my warranty on either of my two LBs, but from what I have read, usually an email describing the problem and attaching a couple of pics (if the problem is something that is visible) is all that is needed for a warranty replacement.

finchrock24,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Mr. X said:

I can vouch for that. World class customer service in my opinion. My broken LB was replaced within 24 hours of my first email describing my problem. I just emailed pics of the screen that I had fucked up and that was it.

Edit: No, you don't have to send in the old box to them. Just toss it or keep it for posterity.

Stu,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
I just got my warranty replacement two weeks ago, and to maintain the lifetime warranty they asked me to ship the mflb back. I tore my screen trying to scrape off melted kief with my fingernail.

pinoy,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
pinoy said:
I just got my warranty replacement two weeks ago, and to maintain the lifetime warranty they asked me to ship the mflb back. I tore my screen trying to scrape off melted kief with my fingernail.

Pinoy,

1) Was this the first time you redeemed your warranty for the box?

2) Was your damage visable (and were you able to send a pic showing the damage)?

3) Would you be willing to give the Magic Flight rep who posts in this thread permission to discuss some of the factors that led to them require you to send the box in (when it is obviously not the case for others)?

Thanks in advance for your reply. :)

Progress,

champ3185

I have got two replacement units and never had to ship my older unit back.. though i would have done it no probs.

I was under the impression that UK customers as a rule dont ship back damaged units just going by an email I got from a MF rep before.

peace
Champ

champ3185,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, same here. I think by breaking up herb while it sat in the trench caused the screen to tear a little. It still works fine, but I was worried about it. I took a pic of the damage, and of my number. A little while later I got an email saying it was being sent, and I should have it in a week. I also was told to send my old box back to keep the warranty. I thought this was a pretty reasonable request, yet I certainly have some reservations about using US Postal for something used...

Tstat,

max

Out to lunch
Mr. X said:
many of the warranties want you to send the thing back, which seems unsmart to me for those who have "used" it in a certain manner. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so I'd really like to know for sure before I invest.
I don't know of any manufacturer but MF that uses the 'honor system'. As for shipping a used vape, I've done it multiple times, both returning to a vape maker, and sending to others for beta testing. The PO doesn't have dogs for sniffing out ABV, and you can seal the vape in plastic as well. The LB can even fit in a ziplock snack bag, and I'm sure they don't ask for the batteries and accessories to be returned.

Tstat said:
I also was told to send my old box back to keep the warranty. I thought this was a pretty reasonable request.
I'm sure that some have taken unfair advantage of MF's extremely generous warranty in the past. Since this model can be returned very cheaply in nothing more than a padded envelope, it's not a big deal.

max,

Budmeister

I have a battery fit issue with my Launch Box. It is hard for the side contact to connect with slimmer batteries. It would seem that there is a way to tighten the ring that makes side contact on the battery..Are there any suggestions or recommendations?

Budmeister,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Budmeister said:
I have a battery fit issue with my Launch Box. It is hard for the side contact to connect with slimmer batteries. It would seem that there is a way to tighten the ring that makes side contact on the battery..Are there any suggestions or recommendations?

Buy batteries that fit better. Powerex 2700 mah hsd or Immedion 2400 mah lsd should do the trick.

Several months ago my first gen lb stopped heating up, This was even after upgrading the charger and batteries. Since I did not have access to a digital camera I was unable to provide a picture. I asked if they (Blissville) required the original unit and was told it was not necessary. I think they were able to cross reference the serial number to the record of my purchase. They may be asking for returns if they suspect the person seeking warranty was not the original owner or if it was acquired through less than accepted channels.

mod note: Please use the edit button to add to a post. Posts merged.

chucku,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Budmeister said:

Not recommended. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...fety_bent_or_pushed_to_be_a_little_tighter.3F

Also:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...27t_my_peeled_batteries_don.27t_fit_snugly.3F

chucku said:
They may be asking for returns if they suspect the person seeking warranty was not the original owner or if it was acquired through less than accepted channels.

Not so. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box#Is_the_warranty_transferable.3F

pakalolo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, the mailman just came and there was my brand new box! So, I contacted them Friday, and I have a new unit (sent to the east coast) today. Nice!

They want me to clean the screen on the old unit, wrap it in foil, place it in a plastic bag, and send it back.

Tstat,

B.

War Criminal
magicflight said:
We are hoping to start shipping Beta units very soon (days). There are a number of last minute things we are trying to get done before opening up the ordering system for these. Not all of them have cleared the production line yet, so things may go on a pre-order basis. Not sure yet -- will know by mid next week.

sorry to break ur balls mf, but mid week has come and gone, and im craving this adapter sooooooo bad. any news? i would gladly pay for my unit to be a beta tester.

or, say the word and my pre order money is yours.

B.,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
I was wondering if it's safe to mark my batteries, so I can differentiate them. I used one this morning and when I put it back in the case, the next time I went to use my LB I couldn't tell which one was the dead one. I had to experiment with the batteries to determine which I thought was more efficient ^.^

I don't see why I couldn't put some numbers on them with a marker or something, but it's better safe than sorry, right? :D

Blackthoven,

Lak666

Blackthoven said:
I don't see why I couldn't put some numbers on them with a marker or something, but it's better safe than sorry, right?

Me neither...i would've done it by now...

Lak666,

scoriae

Greetings, been lurking for a while but created an account to share something:

Box with stock batteries = Decent. Maybe 4/10 effect after the use of a full load.
Box with Maha Powerex 2700mAH batteries = Daaaaaaaamn. 9.5/10 effect, easily.

DAMN!

(I am not affiliated with newegg.ca)
For Canadians who happen to be looking: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817355015
MH-C9000 Charger + 8x Powerex 2700mAH batteries, Shipped: $67.79

It really does give a whole new appreciation to the box. Damn, just... Damn.

scoriae,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Blackthoven said:
I was wondering if it's safe to mark my batteries, so I can differentiate them. I used one this morning and when I put it back in the case, the next time I went to use my LB I couldn't tell which one was the dead one. I had to experiment with the batteries to determine which I thought was more efficient ^.^

I don't see why I couldn't put some numbers on them with a marker or something, but it's better safe than sorry, right? :D

Take a sharpie and make a line on the bottom of your battery case and when you put a dead battery back in put it with the positive end facing the line. Hope this helps!

MM..Food,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Pre Stoned said:
Blackthoven said:

Take a sharpie and make a line on the bottom of your battery case and when you put a dead battery back in put it with the positive end facing the line. Hope this helps!

You don't even need to mark the case. One side of the case has lettering, that goes up. Put your batteries in to the case:
nipples facing right = your good for a flight
nipples facing left = no more juice is left

DeepFried,

vap999

Lak666 said:
Blackthoven said:
I don't see why I couldn't put some numbers on them with a marker or something, but it's better safe than sorry, right?

Me neither...i would've done it by now...

You can also take a file and make a mark(s) on the body of the battery (but not on any part that sticks into the LB); or comparably put a piece of tape or something else on the non-functional end. For example, scratches or a piece of tape at different lengths from the end or patterns can designate different batteries. This makes it easy to simply feel and know what battery you have in your hand, including when used stealthily, in the dark or just without the need to have to read a battery label.

Also, none of the ink markers I've used had any permanency on battery outer casings. They all rapidly wore off.

vap999,

nealcassidy

Just wondering if anyone else obsesses about the bits of herb that tend to find their way out the air duct (or whatever it's called) that runs along the top of the MFLB. Not a big deal, but it makes me think:

- Its possible to smell my LB when it is in my pocket - I know I can smell, it so assume others can
- Slight loss of useful herb, especially at the level of grinding that we use for the LB

Neither is a big deal, but I'm sure someone else thinks about it and might have a solution. Or tell me that I just hit my LB one too many times tonight. ;)

nealcassidy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
With the new airflow design, this little air intake channel does get some material in it inevitably. However I just slide open the lid and push the runaway herb back into the trench with their bretheren. So I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Stu,
Top Bottom