george

nealcassidy said:
Just wondering if anyone else obsesses about the bits of herb that tend to find their way out the air duct (or whatever it's called) that runs along the top of the MFLB. Not a big deal, but it makes me think:

- Its possible to smell my LB when it is in my pocket - I know I can smell, it so assume others can
- Slight loss of useful herb, especially at the level of grinding that we use for the LB

Neither is a big deal, but I'm sure someone else thinks about it and might have a solution. Or tell me that I just hit my LB one too many times tonight. ;)

If you just slide the cover off, you can brush those bits into the trench with your finger or whatever. Such a minimal loss even if you don't decide to do this, doesnt bother me.

george,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
i sometimes ski with my lb and it moves around alot and i have lost like whole 1/4 trenches out of the air intake grove :(

Vaporgin.,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Vaporgin. said:
i sometimes ski with my lb and it moves around alot and i have lost like whole 1/4 trenches out of the air intake grove :(

I can see how that might happen while skiing. :/ Maybe if you put a piece of a cotton ball right where the channel meets the bowl, then the goodies would stay put when not in use??? I'm going skiing in a couple of weeks and I think I'll try that.

Cheers!

Stu,

eeetripl

My MFLB is my first vape and Im loving it. Its been about 2 months of daily use and I havent looked back. Its just so damn liberating! Anyways.... Yeah I find that it seems I lose a fair amount in the little air duct just from walking around with it in my pocket...
Minor annoyance that I live with.

eeetripl,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just tested this "keep the herb from getting into the air channel while skiing" theory and I think it worked well with just a teeny piece of kleenex placed strategically under the lid. Take a look:

I shook it around a good bit, and I didn't lose any herb in the air channel. I'm sure it's gonna be a bitch to put the little piece of kleenex in and out while on a ski lift wearing gloves, so maybe I'll just load small one-time trenches instead.

collegerower

I also have not been loving this design choice. I never had a problem with the old design.

Still love the box.

collegerower,

vape4health

Yep , I get alot of stuff down the intake also . But the new " soft " grove is easy to clean with a finger swipe , the old one would get stuff in the corners that would need something sharp to clear out .

Im kinda split on it .

vape4health,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
chucku said:
...asking for returns....

Hi,

We ask for return of the unit that has been warranty replaced after the replacement unit has arrived. In the event of a broken unit, this ensures the minimum possible time without a functioning Box. We have been asking for the broken units back (in some cases) for a couple of reasons: 1, it allows us to understand better how the Box is holding up under real usage conditions, and 2) it prevents broken/damaged units from being mistaken for the real thing (which is good for no-one).

We also had one customer who had previously had a warranty replacement try to get spare parts for their obviously not so broken box, which they had given to a friend when they got a warranty unit. We have a rather dim view of people who think it is "ok" to be so obviously disrespectful of what we are trying to do here. Fortunately, such individuals seems to be a fairly small minority.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
B. said:
sorry to break ur balls mf, but mid week has come and gone, and im craving this adapter sooooooo bad. any news? i would gladly pay for my unit to be a beta tester.
or, say the word and my pre order money is yours.

Hi,

We actually have units and even have setup a special site where people on FC would be able to place an order for it. The only thing remaining is to get our SSL certificate for the webserver. Everything else is good to go. I am expecting to be able to post a link to the ordering site as soon as I get the go ahead from the IT guy.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Theo

magicflight said:
We also had one customer who had previously had a warranty replacement try to get spare parts for their obviously not so broken box, which they had given to a friend when they got a warranty unit. We have a rather dim view of people who think it is "ok" to be so obviously disrespectful of what we are trying to do here. Fortunately, such individuals seems to be a fairly small minority.

-- Magic-Flight

Yea, it sucks that some people feel the need to do that, especially to a company that has such amazing customer service! It is completely understandable to want to ask for the broken one back for those reasons.

Theo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Lak666 said:
Blackthoven said:
I don't see why I couldn't put some numbers on them with a marker or something, but it's better safe than sorry, right?

Me neither...i would've done it by now...

Hi,

You can use a sharpie. It will probably rub off eventually, however. If you really need a permanent mark, you can also use a knife to make a shallow scrape or scratch on bottom (opposite the + tip/nipple end). Just make sure that the scrape/scratch is not at all deep -- just enough to be visable an no more, and you will be fine.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Im fairly sure (like 96%) that my screen has a tear in it in the bottom of the trench after only touching it with the brush,but with my paranoia makes me hesitant to use the warranty because im afraid of sending a "used" box through the mail because it has the possibility to be found and i would not want to be connected to it. So im trying to be as gentle as i can to keep the tear in the screen under control.

Vaporgin.,

PuffnPass

Proud Vaporist
I can't tell you how glad I am with the mflb, thank you magic-flight for bringing this amazing device available to vaporists everywhere. I bought one, and in two weeks I'm buying another for my Dad, he'll love it! One question though, what is that top lever or clip or whatever on top of the plexiglass? Can that thing be adjusted or is it always pointing the same way. It's been sort of puzzling me as to what purpose it serves.

PuffnPass,

nealcassidy

Stu said:
I just tested this "keep the herb from getting into the air channel while skiing" theory and I think it worked well with just a teeny piece of kleenex placed strategically under the lid. Take a look:

I shook it around a good bit, and I didn't lose any herb in the air channel. I'm sure it's gonna be a bitch to put the little piece of kleenex in and out while on a ski lift wearing gloves, so maybe I'll just load small one-time trenches instead.

Ahh, yes. Thanks Stu. That will do the trick. There are only certain times when this is necessary, but I think yours is the right solution.

nealcassidy,

Nycdeisel

Vaporgin. said:
Im fairly sure (like 96%) that my screen has a tear in it in the bottom of the trench after only touching it with the brush,but with my paranoia makes me hesitant to use the warranty because im afraid of sending a "used" box through the mail because it has the possibility to be found and i would not want to be connected to it. So im trying to be as gentle as i can to keep the tear in the screen under control.

Thats why you DONT send a used Box through the mail!! Its a replacement warranty, meaning you just confirm it with them and they just send you a new one. It is that simple.

Nycdeisel,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Nycdeisel said:
Thats why you DONT send a used Box through the mail!! Its a replacement warranty, meaning you just confirm it with them and they just send you a new one. It is that simple.

in the last couple pages there has been talk about having to send their used lb's in and one with a specific tear in the screen like mine. Magic Flight also confirmed that this occurs more now

Vaporgin.,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Not sure why, but my new replacement hits way better than my old one...

Tstat,

Beezleb

Using the MFLB warranty helpful info

In order to keep your warranty you will need to send your LB back. They send you the replacement and then you have to clean your LB, they send instructions. Dip brush in iso and gently brush the screen clean and then do a burn in for 10-20 seconds until no orders.

You need to ship the old one back in order to keep your warranty active and you pay the shipping back. They will want pics of the screen and of the serial number side as well before they send the replacement.

Beezleb,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Let them know what serial is heading their way and send it with no return address.

elmomuzz,

stuey

Beezleb said:

In order to keep your warranty you will need to send your LB back. They send you the replacement and then you have to clean your LB, they send instructions. Dip brush in iso and gently brush the screen clean and then do a burn in for 10-20 seconds until no orders.

You need to ship the old one back in order to keep your warranty active and you pay the shipping back. They will want pics of the screen and of the serial number side as well before they send the replacement.

IS this new?

I have had 2 replacements so far and never been asked to send the old one back.

stuey,

stuey

PuffnPass said:
I can't tell you how glad I am with the mflb, thank you magic-flight for bringing this amazing device available to vaporists everywhere. I bought one, and in two weeks I'm buying another for my Dad, he'll love it! One question though, what is that top lever or clip or whatever on top of the plexiglass? Can that thing be adjusted or is it always pointing the same way. It's been sort of puzzling me as to what purpose it serves.

It just stops the lid from bending upwards.

If it just had a pin rather than the clip, the pin would form a weak point.

stuey,

Beezleb

stuey said:
Beezleb said:

IS this new?

I have had 2 replacements so far and never been asked to send the old one back.

Not sure how new but at least after the last time you did it. Though when I read what I wrote it is a bit inaccurate. They send you the new one right away and then you send in the warranty in or it voids your warranty.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom