Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Has anyone removed the pushback ring from their unit? If so, are there any tips on an easy way to extract it? My hand is aching from pushing the battery so I'd like to experiment without the ring.

Thanks in advance.

edit: Nevermind. Needle-nosed pliers did the trick nicely! :cool:

Stu,

Big Thier

Ordered my first vaporizer: the Magic-Launch box

I can't wait... I already gave away my cellulose rolling paper, my filters and my rolling machine... I can't wait to get high the healthy way.

Modnote: Thread merged.

Big Thier,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
As you can tell by my earlier post, I'm experimenting with using my lb sans pushback ring. I have to say that it is a relief to just put the battery in and lift the box to my mouth without having to use my thumb or palm to apply constant pressure. I think the pushback ring is a good idea and is a great safety feature for new box owners. However if you can get over the obvious risks of doing stupid shit when you're vaped, then using the box w/o the pushback ring is not a bad way to go in my opinion. My :2c:

Stu,

george

Stu said:
using the box w/o the pushback ring is not a bad way to go in my opinion. My :2c:

Yup, i never wanted one. I might get one next time i order from Blissville though, just for stealthy times. :ninja: It's a pretty new addition to the box too, mine didnt come with it.

george,

Big Thier

Haha yeah! You're a boxer? I'm a fighter myself... That's the main raison why I wanna stop smoking.

Big Thier,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
george said:
Stu said:
using the box w/o the pushback ring is not a bad way to go in my opinion. My :2c:

Yup, i never wanted one. I might get one next time i order from Blissville though, just for stealthy times. :ninja: It's a pretty new addition to the box too, mine didnt come with it.

Yeah, I'll put the ring back when I take my lb out and about just to be safe. But I think I'll be leaving it out for my home sessions. Much more comfortable.

Stu,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
ItzAllGood said:
mflb.jpg

This idea is so good, i just tried it out and two monster rips out of one of these gets you as good as 5 normal lb hits and there appears to be the same level of discoloration.

Vaporgin.,

clayton

Yeah! That ice thing is so bad ass! I used a random small soda cup you get from McDonald's, fill it with ice and just take a hit from where the straw is supposed to be lol. You can't really take your time with this method though; I almost spilled melted ice water in my LB =/ -- a very scary moment.

clayton,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
just took the pushback ring out of my lb last night. my original didn't have one, but the warranty replacement was the newer version.
I'm leaving the pushback ring out for now, think i'll hold onto it for out and about though.

herbgirl,

george

Has anyone used their Launch Box in really cold temperatures? While on a ski slope for example?

For my ski trip this year i'd like to know how well it works under these conditions. I figure the batteries might get too cold for it to work properly :(

george,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
george said:
Has anyone used their Launch Box in really cold temperatures? While on a ski slope for example?

For my ski trip this year i'd like to know how well it works under these conditions. I figure the batteries might get too cold for it to work properly :(

Yes. See:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=46406#p46406

Seems to me that if you keep the batteries in an inside pocket (i.e. next your body) they'd hardly cool down at all.

Another question I will now add to the Vaporpedia page.

pakalolo,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I got my new lb today. It is a very light colored wood as was my old one. I was hoping for a darker one.

I like the draw of the new air intake but it gets more debris caught in it. It runs much hotter then my original. I have to be very careful not to combust. It also holds the battery much tighter.

I removed the pushback ring.

I am very pleased with my replacement. :)

elmomuzz,

tc1

Anyone else get "metal stains" on their screen after awhile? Sorta looks like a hole or debri but it's just the screen either changing color, or some kind of coating is coming off?

tc1,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
tc1 said:
Anyone else get "metal stains" on their screen after awhile? Sorta looks like a hole or debri but it's just the screen either changing color, or some kind of coating is coming off?

There's no coating. The screen does change colour a little with use but that is cosmetic only and doesn't affect performance. Have you looked carefully with a magnifying glass? If it is a hole then it's a warranty issue.

You can try cleaning it. There are a few cleaning techniques described here:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box#Maintenance_And_Cleaning

pakalolo,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
I might be beating a dead horse, but Magic Flight's customer service is just phenomenal. My issue was resolved within 2 days and I have already received my replacement. I feel proud to do business with them and will be a lifelong customer and fan!

AgentofChaos,

hereatlast

Had a great holiday with my Box. Didn't bring any other vapes and the Box kept me where I wanted to be without anyone knowing; long walks through the Smoky Mountains and a nice jacuzzi were the height of our companionship :D

hereatlast,
Top Bottom