pakalolo said:
Spacenstein said:
george said:
The box has not change as much as Space said. You shouldnt really make speculations like that if you dont know for sure.

I removed my post, but if I remember correctly.. in my 4 line list, I made sure to say like, not sure, can't confirm, looks, seems, etc.. I was pointing out things I saw as minor differences.. not claiming to know the entire secret behind the LB construction.

It turns out that you were correct in the change to stainless steel from copper-clad steel for the battery coil, and that there are now maple LBs that could be darker. I will be updating the Vaporpedia entry to reflect these changes shortly. Well, island-time shortly. Those of you who have spent time on Maui know what that means.

Vindication is yours! Vape a trench to celebrate.

My box, a pushring model, has the copper-clad steel.

I'm looking at it right now with a flashlight and it is clear that a large portion of the copper has flaked off, exposing the steel underneath. I'm not rough with my batteries, if anything I'm ginger.

Have I been inhaling that copper? Why wouldn't they have just used stainless steel from the start?

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

george said:
Nycdeisel said:
I thought there was some sort of special tool needed to properly install the pushback ring?

Nope. The pushback ring is easily removed or put into any box.

The O ring around the trench is what you're thinking of. Someone mentioned that they couldn't get it back in, then i believe magicflight said that they use a special tool to put it in.

You sure?

thanks man :)

Nycdeisel,

chloe

Great job MF!! Can't wait...need to find a job quick! I love the adjustable temp..thanks for the teaser pics!

:peace:

chloe,

ItzAllGood

Don't Stress, ItzAllGood
vapirtoo said:
Yo itzallgood,
Your post 6644 with the diagram of the ice bong gatorade
bottle was a great way to introduce yourself with an
informative, easy way to get more enjoyment from
our favorite little vape.
Instead of the bottle I used a paper cup with a hole near the bottom.
I threw in some cubes stuck in the stem and pulled from the top of
the cup, bong style. I could not see the vapor, but I could taste the
herbs and feel the hit in my lungs.... :o very smooth and the taste
seemed enhanced. GENIUS,pure, GENIUS. Good look.
We all owe you one! :cool:

Hey man glad my idea helped! And I love your bong take on it, I'll have to try this sometime.

Diagram remains:
mflb.jpg

Further Instructions on Page 266

- ItzAllGood

ItzAllGood,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
audiodelic said:
@magicflight: Can this adapter be used in this part of the world where we follow 220v ?

Yes. You will need a prong adapter for the plug. The acceptance voltage is from 100 to 240, both 50 and 60Hz. Should cover most of the world.

magicflight,
The adaptor does look awesome, and I'm excited about how it can be given a determined amount of power from low to high.

However, MF, on the issue of the copper flaking, do you have any reports of this? Mine is copper around the edges and is visibly silver colored in the center where the battery positive end makes contact.

charliedontsurf,

breech

mine is the same way. Waht does the addition of the o-ring in the trench do?

also, just figured i would post these

LB + Bong
9gNwM.jpg

LB + Lung
sb8QP.jpg

I can't take credit for thinking up either of them, but i can take credit for putting them together much better then the OP.

breech,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
magicflight said:
Stu said:
@MF Any idea yet when these beta units will become available? I know there are lots of us waiting to get our hands on one.

It looks just like I imagined it would. The adjustable power is a very nice touch. I can't wait!

We are hoping to start shipping Beta units very soon (days). There are a number of last minute things we are trying to get done before opening up the ordering system for these. Not all of them have cleared the production line yet, so things may go on a pre-order basis. Not sure yet -- will know by mid next week.

Will these be sold via blisssville?

JDSupreme,

toadyfatz

afterthelaughter said:
toadyfatz said:
For the grind. I recommend a fine grind for sure. Almost salt like etc...I started with some nice 2 piece grinders and my herb was quite sticky so this was just a pain in the a!! and I never got it as fine as it needed to be. My solution was a nice $20 Capresso Coffee grinder! It even collects kief like a champ in the ridges on the lid. So much easier and quicker then hand grinding imo...with a much better outcome also. I will never go back! When I inhale it is very very lightly like sipping coffee or soup etc...I also use the micro hitting method also especially when my batteries start to die down a bit. My method with this is just about a 2 second or so LIGHT draw hit then stop and let it heat up a second or two and repeat. I do not remove the battery during the pause. I would say get that very fine grind and then try hitting the box with an even lighter draw than what you have been doing....When I inhale it is so lightly that you can barely tell I'm inhaling looking at my face etc....def no sucking it in kissy face like you were saying above....I will say it again just because I believe in it so much....a good coffee grinder is your best friend!! Good luck! Also one more thing that works great for me is using a Tic Tac container for my ground up herb. It is a great way to store a little ground herb for a day or two and it works perfect for filling the trench etc....Good luck! Once you get this box down you will love it!

Thanks for all the info! Is that coffee grinder just a regular blade grinder then?

Yeah, just a plain old coffee grinder. I'm sure they have different styles etc...and some might be better than this one, but this one works for me. You can kind of see the ridges in the lid that do a good job catching the kief etc...: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0H99WN6TDBFTD6A5E62S

toadyfatz,

vape4health

magicflight said:
brooklynboro said:
Unfortunately, "(the main conducting rods seal the holes). " this is NOT TRUE as air still passes!
I am not sure your test of this was performed correctly. To double check, I took two units down to the lab and had a bowl area cover-plate glued on (this also blocked the air inlet channel). We then connected 5 PSI of air pressure to the draw hole and submerged the entire unit under water. No bubbles were observed in either case, even after several minutes -- the rods do in fact seal, at least with respect to pressures far in excess of the level of negative air pressure possible to produce with a human body.

As has been mentioned before, these are wooden products and it is possible that some units out there have less than perfect assembly. However, given the nature of the drilling and fitting performed, this is actually rather unlikely. Near as I can tell, they seal tight every time.

-- Magic-flight

vape4health,

breech

vape4health said:
Dam breech is that a LB bag blower , nice . :brow:

hell yea, my favorite way. (Sometimes i get really bored and hit the bag through the bong)
XDbA8.jpg

WzHSx.jpg

you do have to cover the back though. without the tape it takes too long ti fill the bag and you can burn the load
dc7hm.jpg

4yCiy.jpg

breech,
I'm going to waste thirty minutes trying to get a good, well-lit photo of the female battery terminal in my MFLB and see if I can show how the copper has flaked, then waste another thirty opening my first photobucket account, then another thirty learning how to post pics on this forum.

Oi.

charliedontsurf,

Walter White

I ran out of green so I just tryed revaping the brown, vaped weed that I keep and I am amazed at how well it worked. I can hardly tell a difference in the power and characteristics of the actual high which would mean the main downfall would just be taste. This means that the MFLB allows me to vape my weed twice: from green to brown and then again from brown to black. Or maybe I should just vape the weed all the way to black from now on?

Walter White,

upriver

combustion-free
Walter White said:
This means that the MFLB allows me to vape my weed twice: from green to brown and then again from brown to black. Or maybe I should just vape the weed all the way to black from now on?

My kneejerk reply, snobby as it is, would be or you could learn to grow. Even if you run low on bud, in a vaporizer trim is just as potent and almost as tasty. For non-growers benefit: when you produce a crop you get huge quantities of non-bud sugar leaf that is still very potent but doesn't taste too good to smoke. Many people make hash from it, or use it for cooking, but it also vapes very very well. In fact I have just stopped trimming my harvests as completely since its all the same once in the grinder. This even further reduces the labor of growing. I vape it down to the first hint of popcorn and if a shake doesn't improve the flavor, it gets dumped. So far I have just been saving it and giving it to a non-picky friend. I believe though that the more "up" or sativa-like cannabinoids are the first to be vaped, and as you go down the spectrum it gets more sedative/indica feeling. That is probably good for some types of pain-relief medical use but does not fit into my life so well.

Don't get me wrong, I would vape that stuff til it had nothing left if I were in need, but I do feel that the slightly tan stuff is already largely denuded of its real magic. Kudos to any of you who can appreciate vaping or eating ABV.

That said, the MFLB is still amazingly miserly. When I would combust a bowl, I would be similarly harsh, tossing a blackened nug that tasted bad even if I knew it had some green left. The Silver Surfer is much more efficient than that, and a very shallow wand lasts 3 or 4 sessions without tasting bad. The MFLB steps it up even more though, and putting about 1/3 of the quantity of a SSV wand into the LB lasts as long.

I don't weigh my stash or monitor my use in terms of quantity, but I can say that with the LB as a primary vape, it would be quite easy to grow enough to smoke 2-3 times daily, even in a high-stealth microcab type of setup.

Again sorry if it sounds snobby that I can toss stuff that tastes bad, that is not my intent. I just want to remind everyone that essentially unlimited magic flights are available to anyone who takes a bit of time to research horticulture and the passion of vaping is a natural match for the passion of cultivation.

upriver,

vape4health

I just typed up this big long thing about the c9000 charger and when I went to post ..... had to sign in again . FUCK

Sorry for the short post on it but Ill hit the key points .

Can charger a maha 2700's in around 75 min @ 2000mah and the battery was cooler then the cheapo charger that took around 4 hours @ 800mah .

I did Refresh & Analyze on a old batt that wouldnt charge and its working so far , first trench on it .

You can have each of the 4 slots do something different , I have 2 slots that are doing break-in ( 39-45 hrs says the instructions ) leaves me a slot for R&F and one to charge .

The maha 2700's run hot for me , I like em but I have to use a much faster draw . They may be perfect for a few of my friends that just cant seem to get a good hit from the LB .

vape4health,

chloe

Walter White said:
I ran out of green so I just tryed revaping the brown, vaped weed that I keep and I am amazed at how well it worked. I can hardly tell a difference in the power and characteristics of the actual high which would mean the main downfall would just be taste. This means that the MFLB allows me to vape my weed twice: from green to brown and then again from brown to black. Or maybe I should just vape the weed all the way to black from now on?

I gave away my cannon to my friend many months ago and have just been using the LB. The other day I was over at my friend's and they wanted me to show them how to use the cannon since they weren't having luck with it...I used it as a normal and realized how inefficient (even though more efficient than smoking) compared to the LB...I remember packing so much more in the wand to get the same results for 3 people vs when I'm at my place with 3 people and we're just using the box (i only now see the difference since I've been using the LB for quite some time now)...which makes sense now seeing all the condensation buildup in the wand...

I am out of green as well and have been crushing the AVB and putting in the grinder mesh area and just coating the crushed avb with the green dust by rolling it around with my fingers... was enough to blast the 3 of us to the point that we couldn't even finish the trench

chloe,

heylook

Hey everybody,

I plan on purchasing an MFLB tomorrow from a local headshop (even though they are charging $110-ouch), and I was wondering if I will still have a lifetime warranty. I'm assuming there is some sort of serial number specific to each individual product that allows you guys to keep track of this sort of thing, but I wanted to double check before throwing down the cash.

Thanks! I can't wait :D

heylook,

george

heylook said:
Hey everybody,

I plan on purchasing an MFLB tomorrow from a local headshop (even though they are charging $110-ouch), and I was wondering if I will still have a lifetime warranty. I'm assuming there is some sort of serial number specific to each individual product that allows you guys to keep track of this sort of thing, but I wanted to double check before throwing down the cash.

Thanks! I can't wait :D

Ya you will definately still have the warranty. Go for it!

george,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yes, your box will have it's own serial number and will have the warranty, so don't worry about it. But why would you buy it for $110 when you can get it online for less?

Stu,
Top Bottom