LaunchBox420

Quinton
Vaporgin. said:
LaunchBox420 said:
i want to see someone come up with an attachment for a bong and the launch box...

the whip and rubber bands wrapped around the stem that will be going into the downstem works pretty good for a cheap solution and i have done it the first weekend i got my fmlb, for a more expensive way get the whip and connect one end to a vape bong adapter that you can buy for like 15-23 bucks.
heres an example, https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=vaporizer-water-pipe-adapter-graphix but there are cheaper ones. The LB can produce what i call a "skim milked" small tube in my experience, haha but it hits you nicely. Ive only done it once tho and im sure others have more experience

thanks maN ill look into it!

LaunchBox420,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
LaunchBox420 said:
Vaporgin. said:
LaunchBox420 said:
i want to see someone come up with an attachment for a bong and the launch box...

the whip and rubber bands wrapped around the stem that will be going into the downstem works pretty good for a cheap solution and i have done it the first weekend i got my fmlb, for a more expensive way get the whip and connect one end to a vape bong adapter that you can buy for like 15-23 bucks.
heres an example, https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=vaporizer-water-pipe-adapter-graphix but there are cheaper ones. The LB can produce what i call a "skim milked" small tube in my experience, haha but it hits you nicely. Ive only done it once tho and im sure others have more experience

thanks maN ill look into it!

yeah for sure, the whip and rubber bands really works quite well tho

Vaporgin.,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
lwien said:
Just to add, if you are not going to be home to keep an eye on the clock, as SE said above, I suggest that ANY charger be used on a non-flammable surface because any charger can miss a termination due to a faulty battery. Typically, at very low charging rates, this isn't an issue, but when charging AA's at 500mA and above, a missed termination could really pose a serious problem.

Can you elaborate on this, I know lipos can be dangerous but NiMH ? Unless you are building your own multi cell packs and screwed something up, or did something stupid like putting too large of a fuse in your charger I just don't see how charging at 0.5 Amp can cause a serious issue.

DeepFried,

george

There aren't pictures of it yet, MagicFlight said they would release some pics later this week.

george,

Spacenstein

george said:
There aren't pictures of it yet, MagicFlight said they would release some pics later this week.

I guess Friday isn't late in the week to them? :mad:

I wonder if the power supply will be regulating the power/heat.. Meaning, we wouldn't have to go through the same push in battery, pull out, push in for shorter amount of time, pull out, etc.. Or maybe there will be a momentary switch which would replace the removing of the batteries.. Hmmm.. :rolleyes:

Vaporgin. said:
The LB can produce what i call a "skim milked" small tube in my experience, haha but it hits you nicely.

Haha :lol: Skim milked! Maybe after we all get the new power adapter we can experiment with getting thicker hits.

Spacenstein,

Spacenstein

george said:
^^well they said it will be adjustable!

I wasn't very interested in the power adapter until about an hour ago, so I haven't really read too much about it.. sorry :p Knowing that makes the 60-70 dollar price range seem a bit more fair..

Spacenstein,

george

Spacenstein said:
george said:
^^well they said it will be adjustable!

I wasn't very interested in the power adapter until about an hour ago, so I haven't really read too much about it.. sorry :p Knowing that makes the 60-70 dollar price range seem a bit more fair..

I was saying that in excitement. No need to apologize :)

I agree the price range seems fair, it being custom made for the launchbox must not have been too easy. Well maybe...we'll see soon

george,

sfld

I havent been on here in a while. Nice to see the power adapater is finally coming into play!

I have a older model LB that still works.. will the power adapter work with that one?

Also what is upgraded in the newer models? Better screens?

I swear i saw a brand new LB the other day and the screen looked very shiney lol, maybe i just forgot how mine looked clean :)

sfld,

vape4health

Sounds like I'll be getting a newer LB from what Spacestein just said . My beta still works and I got it well used , the one from when the light was new still works great ( I been using it all day for the past ~ 2 mth ) time to check out the new one .

Thanks for that Spacestein , I was trying to look up that info but I couldnt find it .

vape4health,

george

The box has not change as much as Space said. You shouldnt really make speculations like that if you dont know for sure.

They never said they changed the wood, some pieces are darker and some are lighter. The screen hasnt changed, it looks a lot different when brand new. The air intake was modified slightly . There is the battery pushback ring which is new and the black "o" ring around the top of the trench.

george,

vape4health

george said:
You shouldnt really make speculations like that if you dont know for sure.

Speculation like what ?

Edit: Does anyone else have a old LB and a new one with the push back care to comment on the screen .

vape4health,

george

vape4health said:
george said:
You shouldnt really make speculations like that if you dont know for sure.

Speculation like what ?

Edit: Does anyone else have a old LB and a new one with the push back care to comment on the screen .

That was directed at Spacenstein, not you. :)

george,

vape4health

Its cool :)

I was already kinda thinking about ordering a new box , I had seen about the 2 o-rings and air intake change but a screen :/

I have a little bit of a collecting problem , not enough room .

Edit: What is the heat exchanger , you guys talkin bout the 2 wires that run from batt to screen .

vape4health,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Spacenstein said:
Magic Flight said the adapter would work for all LB models. I mean, think about it.. the design of the battery chamber hasn't changed at all--

I have a newer model and a couple older models.. The differences that I see are..

-different type of metal used in heat exchanger (brass -> stainless steel ???)
-new air-intake (im not too fond of this, but others seem to like it)
-screen does seem to be different, but i can't confirm that
-wood is different, looks like some sort of exotic wood like Koa..

I bought a new LB the other day, and compared it to my older ones and the screen does look very metallic and I don't recollect it ever being that shiny, haha. :ko:

I'm not the manufacturer and I don't have inside information on the construction, but the materials used to make the LB were chosen carefully for both health and performance characteristics. I am confident that if any of these things were changed, magicflight would inform us. I also own a recent and an older LB, and the rest of these comments are based on comparing them.

I assume by "heat exchanger" you mean the coil, which has always been and still is copper-clad steel. There is no brass and never has been. The screen is still stainless steel mesh. If the wood looks different to you, it's probably natural variation in the birch that has always been used. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi..._materials_are_used_to_make_the_Launch_Box.3F

If your new box were really koa, you would have had to pay nearly twice the price of the birch one ($169) and it would have a special serial number. Although there are LBs made from woods other than birch, they are specially made and as far as I know, have not been offered for sale. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box#Have_you_considered_using_other_woods.3F

The LB might look like a simple design that anyone could come up with, but as those who have tried to make home-built versions have discovered, there is a delicate balance involved. If the materials for the coil or the screen were changed, the LB would perform differently and quite probably not well. Even with no change in materials we see people here all the time who have LBs that do not heat up properly, probably due to manufacturing tolerances.

Now, about the power adapter: the newer LBs have a battery push-back ring. I wonder how this will affect the adapter, since unless I've missed something, I've seen no mention of an on/off switch (coocoo's post excepted).

vape4health: I have one of each. The battery push-back ring works well but requires a firm push to make contact. Someone with weak or arthritic hands might find it hard to use. It can be removed easily if you don't like it, and conversely it can be added to any older LB. BlissSville sells them.

pakalolo,

vapirtoo

Yo itzallgood,
Your post 6644 with the diagram of the ice bong gatorade
bottle was a great way to introduce yourself with an
informative, easy way to get more enjoyment from
our favorite little vape.
Instead of the bottle I used a paper cup with a hole near the bottom.
I threw in some cubes stuck in the stem and pulled from the top of
the cup, bong style. I could not see the vapor, but I could taste the
herbs and feel the hit in my lungs.... :o very smooth and the taste
seemed enhanced. GENIUS,pure, GENIUS. Good look.
We all owe you one! :cool:

vapirtoo,

afterthelaughter

Hey guys, I'm lookin for some tips on getting the most out of my MF. I'm not sure if I'm grinding it finely enough. I use a Cosmic Case medium size grinder and drop the bud in. Should I be grinding more finely? If so, what's the best way to get a good grind?

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'm inhaling the best way. Should I be sucking it in, like making a kissy-face, or more like deep breathing? I get pretty buzzed, but I don't feel like I'm as buzzed as I would be with a pipe.

afterthelaughter,
Top Bottom