OC513

Dabaholic
I use some of the wifes nail polish to put marks on the sides of the batts.....it stays put
edit.....beat to the punch above.

OC513,

max

Out to lunch
Blackthoven said:
clayton said:
After doing some serious lurking it looks like I need to upgrade the stock batteries and get this.
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/shop/ m238t2rg42
I'm fine with the stock batteries, but if these are "that" much better then I guess I'll pay up.

What is it that's so much better about these batteries?
So much better? :shrug: Powerex (MAHA) is an excellent brand and the prices are pretty good. The "stock batteries" are also Powerex. They're just the low discharge Imedions. The regular 2700mAh bats last a little longer, fully charged, but the low discharge type Imedions hold their charge a lot better over time, while they're sitting around, waiting to be used.

max,

upriver

combustion-free
Thanks for all the replies and thanks for the link to the vaporwiki, that is fantastic and just what I needed. Now my remaining questions:

1) What is the "cycle" program on the c9000 good for?

2) What readings will indicate a bad battery? I suppose the proof is in the vape, aka not getting hot enough. But if I have a battery that doesn't heat the LB properly, and yet reads ~2000 mah and 1.6v, should I be running the "break in" program, or is it just not up to snuff and should be relegated to other uses? 2000mah should be adequate from the wiki article, but the box just won't heat up and the light looks a little dim.

3) Is there a reason it would be a bad idea to use the c9000 for conditioning/charging and then storing them in the included MFLB charger to keep them on "standby" while the c9000 is working on other batteries?

upriver,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
upriver said:
Thanks for all the replies and thanks for the link to the vaporwiki, that is fantastic and just what I needed. Now my remaining questions:

1) What is the "cycle" program on the c9000 good for?

2) What readings will indicate a bad battery? I suppose the proof is in the vape, aka not getting hot enough. But if I have a battery that doesn't heat the LB properly, and yet reads ~2000 mah and 1.6v, should I be running the "break in" program, or is it just not up to snuff and should be relegated to other uses? 2000mah should be adequate from the wiki article, but the box just won't heat up and the light looks a little dim.

3) Is there a reason it would be a bad idea to use the c9000 for conditioning/charging and then storing them in the included MFLB charger to keep them on "standby" while the c9000 is working on other batteries?

The cycle program does a charge-rest-discharge cycle as many times as you set. The reason to do this is to recover lost capacity. The break-in program is cycle on steroids, and takes a really long time (I thought 36 hours but I just read that it's 39 hours) but should bring your battery back to full capacity. Some batteries might require two break-in cycles, but frankly, if I had a battery that needed that sort of treatment I'd simply toss it out. (Cue lwien acting horrified :D )

You could try running a break-in on that battery but is it worth 39 hours of charger time? 2000 mAh is borderline at best.

Keeping batteries in a charger for long periods isn't recommended. If they are LSD batteries (which the stock LB batteries are) then it's not really necessary. Even HSD batteries don't need trickle charging if you use them within a few days. I cycle four Powerex 2700s and none of them remains unused long enough to require trickle charging.

pakalolo,

The Budget Gourmet

Lurky turkey
I have to try to get my words together.

I have just received my replacement launch box from BlissSville. The original was purchased at a local head shop. I wanted to love it so bad that I memorized its number before I even tried it. It almost worked. I tried it many times with fully charged batteries, but it was always the same. I could get the warm tastiness of herb, but not the activation.
Less than a week ago, I contacted customer service and now I am holding the sexy new replacement that I mentioned.
They hooked me up.
It works perfectly. Exactly as advertised.
My point is, give peace a chance... I mean Magic-flight. Actually, both. But mainly the second one. Yeah, I'm staying with that.
Thank you very much.
Alright then.

The Budget Gourmet,

mintberrycrunch

I just got a launch box and this thing is a joke. It doesn't produce vapors. Invisible vapors? Lol i've seen vaporizers produce vapors.

mintberrycrunch,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mintberrycrunch said:
I just got a launch box and this thing is a joke. It doesn't produce vapors. Invisible vapors? Lol i've seen vaporizers produce vapors.

Troll.

Mod note: Calling another member a troll is not allowed. Ignore the post or report it. Please don't add to the problem.

Deserved.

pakalolo,

mintberrycrunch

How is that trolling? A negative review?

Are you guys kidding me? Invisible Vapors? You might only need to use one trench but if you take that same trench and put it in a SSV and you'll pull SO much more of it then the MFLB will ever get.

Seriously this thing is a rip off.

Mod note: From the rules page- Don't attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. None of your 10 posts in this thread are requesting help, so you're crossing the line.

mintberrycrunch,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
You can get any thickness of vapor you want with the MFLB. At least I can.

And yes, a DBV or SSV will be much more wasteful than a MFLB. Carry on.

aesthyrian,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
mintberrycrunch said:

Are you guys kidding me? Invisible Vapors? You might only need to use one trench but if you take that same trench and put it in a SSV and you'll pull SO much more of it then the MFLB will ever get.

I love my Launch Box, and I always get visible vapor with a strong battery. The LB really has helped me a lot. Now, I can take my medicine anywhere, even while I'm out and about. I have 3, and plan to get another one soon. I honestly couldn't live well without it anymore. It's not a joke for me (or a rip-off), it's a life saver.

Vicki,

mintberrycrunch

aesthyrian said:
You can get any thickness of vapor you want with the MFLB. At least I can.

And yes, a DBV or SSV will be much more wasteful than a MFLB. Carry on.

How is that exactly wasteful when I said with the same trench in a MFLB can be used in a SSV and produce way more vapor then the MFLB can?

And yeah theres a learning curve to it and don't tell me I haven't given it a chance cause i've used it for a week with a fully charged battery. Micro hits and slow/fast drags.

And all it came down too was ONE visible cloud and every hit after that was non-existent.

Take that same trench and throw it into a SSV and I'll have THICK VISIBLE Vapors, and not just from ONE drag but multiple.

mintberrycrunch,

hereatlast

And yet many on here report pleasant and consistently visible vapor from their boxes, myself included. Further, the 'invisible vapor' the MFLB gives me puts me in the right place either way. I love the user control and portability as well.

hereatlast,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
when you have large visible vapor, it is wasted vapor. Anything you exhale is considered wasted.
With the LB it delivers hits that are much smaller and more likely to be absorbed by your body compared to a hit form the DBV or SSV. in this case, vapor that is barely visible is preferred.
your more than likely to absorb more vapor from the same size amount of herb in the MFLB than you would if you put it in either a SSV or DBV. It just will be a slightly different kind of high.

DevoTheStrange,

mintberrycrunch

That doesn't make any sense you're telling me that because I'm taking smaller hits that my body will more likely take it in more so then bigger hits. By this logic then taking micro drags off the SSV while yield the same result and produce more visible vapors?

You are only producing vapors or you're not. The SSV produces Vapors. The MFLB does not.

mintberrycrunch,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
mintberrycrunch said:
You are only producing vapors or you're not. The SSV produces Vapors. The MFLB does not.

That is absolutely untrue. I already stated that I always get visible vapor. Perhaps your box is defective?

Vicki,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
micro drags are more likely to get absorbed than large drags. I know it sounds counter intuitive. I preferred to use smaller tokes when using my SSV because i wanted to exhale the least amount of vapor as possible and absorb as much as I could
I don't always get visible vapors with my MFLB unless I am blowing it into very harsh light, or if the lighting conditions of where I am at are just right.
Not all vapor is immediately visible... it all depends on the lighting. There are times where I exhale with my LB and barely saw anything. But if I turned off all the lights and turned on a lamp with a bright bulb in it and blow into its beam of light, what was once almost invisible becomes very visible.

DevoTheStrange,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mintberrycrunch said:

Seriously this thing is a rip off.

You didn't post a review, you simply trashed the LB with an unsubstantiated assertion. Someone who signs on and writes a first post like that is trolling.

Sorry you think it's a ripoff. Sell it or give it away, you'll make someone really happy--or learn to use it properly. Your choice.

pakalolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree 100% with Devo. I love using my EQ, but I know that it uses more herb. Sometimes I like to see the big visible clouds that I get with it (reminds me of all my years combusting, I guess), but deep down I realize that all that vapor that was extracted from my herb is truly wasted. There is no way that the same amount of herb can go farther with a DB or SSV (or EQ for that matter) than it will with the LB. Simply not possible.

Stu,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
And if you are looking for the big deep exhales associated with the SSV maybe you just like the vapor that is produced at a much higher temps. Different temps produce different types of vapor.... and with the LB it all comes down to your draw speed to produce the desired temp you want. If your not getting visible vapor like you like, try inhaling much slower.

DevoTheStrange,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
I haven't seen an other vaporizer make the claim of "invisible vapors".

Which is one of the reasons the LB makes such a big deal of the "stealth" aspects.

Are there better vaoes out there.. yeah sure.

Are they more expensive.. yes

Are they as portable.. no

Are they as stealthy.. no

Does MF promote the LB as a replacement for a desktop vape.. no (although there are people who use it in this way).

stuey,

mintberrycrunch

Dude yeah, of course there are different things people look for in a vaporizer but when a said vaporizer claims that you can use this device to vaporize then it should AT LEAST be able to do that.

I've used both the Launch Box and an Iolite. The iolite is a much better option.

mintberrycrunch,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
Dude yeah, of course there are different things people look for in a vaporizer but when a said vaporizer claims that you can use this device to vaporize then it should AT LEAST be able to do that.

I've used both the Launch Box and an Iolite. The iolite is a much better option.

Are you claiming that the LB does not vaporise?

stuey,
Top Bottom